PDA

View Full Version : Just downloaded the new Priest album

Diver Down NJ
02-12-2005, 11:29 AM
To say this thing kicks ass would be a huge understatement. It's gota LOT of classic Priest songwriting, but it sounds very modern and VERY hard. Roy Z is a great fucking producer. Halford sounds great. I can't wait to see the Priest LIVE!

:killer:

Panamark
02-14-2005, 03:06 AM
Link ?? :D

Hardrock69
02-14-2005, 10:03 AM
http://www.thisis192k.com/priest/Judas_Priest--Angel_of_Retribution-Advance-2005-NSR.rar

Shaun Ponsonby
02-14-2005, 10:36 AM
I read a review which said that the last track (a 15-minute track called 'Lochness') is the worst thing Priest have ever done. However, I have disagreed with this guy on numerous occassions, so I'll wait until I have heard it myself until I make up my mind.

Hardrock69
02-14-2005, 12:56 PM
I thought it was one of the more interesting tracks on the album. Certain parts of it kicked ass, but there was one section where it sound like a buncha rubbish guitar noodling.

Oh, and I hate the drum sound. Sounds like sludge. On the very first track it is almost impossible to make out the drums at all in many parts of the song.

I think Roy Z is a great producer in some respects, but the albums he produces always seem to have a sludgy quality to them, and that turns me off.

Just compare AOR to the production sound on British Steel. THAT album is crisp, clean, and you can hear EVERYTHING absolutely distinctly. AOR on some parts sounds like it is way too cluttered sonicly.

Overall though, it is a decent album, and I am glad Priest and Halfrod kissed and made up.

:)

Panamark
02-14-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
http://www.thisis192k.com/priest/Judas_Priest--Angel_of_Retribution-Advance-2005-NSR.rar

Thankyou Sir ! Delivering the goods !!

Panamark
02-15-2005, 01:55 AM
Hey this is cool !!

A bit of hit/miss on first listen, but more hit than miss.
Its great hearing Halford back with his band.

His vocals are outstanding, people talk about fat fuck Spammy
reatining his vocals with age. Listen to Halford.
Bye Spammy !

Im enjoying this album.

Love Angel and Eulogy. (Although slower)

Shaun Ponsonby
02-15-2005, 06:03 AM
I ain't gonna download it-I'm gonna wait until it comes out. Let my antitipation build a bit. Only 13 days to wait.

Hardrock69
02-15-2005, 10:04 AM
I was gonna do that, but I could not stand it anymore. THe album is coming out on dualdisc. Flip it over, and there will be some video of their live performances in Spain last summer, as well as some other stuff.

This is one band I will buy their stuff everytime. Certainly with Halford in the lineup.

Shaun Ponsonby
02-15-2005, 03:57 PM
Dualdisc? I hate Dualdiscs. I'll have to get 2 now (I live in fear that one side will get wrecked).

Mezro
02-15-2005, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
I ain't gonna download it-I'm gonna wait until it comes out. Let my antitipation build a bit. Only 13 days to wait.

I'm going to wait too.

Mezro...the only way to keep the bands around we love is to support them...

Panamark
02-16-2005, 02:49 AM
Hey I like it so much, Im going to buy it !! :p

Seriously, the Priest Reunion album should get all
our support !

Was happy for the sneak preview, though !

Diver Down NJ
02-21-2005, 05:20 PM
I will probably buy it anyway, but I saw it on a newsgroup and couldn't resist. And I will most definitely see them live.

Shaun Ponsonby
02-23-2005, 01:49 PM
Got my tickets 10 minutes after they went on sale.

Mr Badguy
02-27-2005, 11:43 AM
Yeah!

It was worth the wait!

It`s cool how they namecheck so many of their songs throughout the album: Ram it down, The Sentinel, Blood red skies, Tyrant, Stained class, Painkiller.

Roll on March 26.

kentuckyklira
02-27-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Diver Down NJ
To say this thing kicks ass would be a huge understatement. It's gota LOT of classic Priest songwriting, but it sounds very modern and VERY hard. Roy Z is a great fucking producer. Halford sounds great. I can't wait to see the Priest LIVE!

:killer: They´re playing near here on March 10. I´ll be there!

Shaun Ponsonby
02-28-2005, 11:34 AM
The album is out TODAY.

IT'S OUT NOW!!!

If you haven't got it yet, What the fuck are you doing sitting at a computer, go NOW.

Hang on, What the fuck am I doing at a computer? HMV shuts in an hour and I've gotta get there yet. See ya!!!!