PDA

View Full Version : how about a room to just house

academic punk
02-12-2005, 05:45 PM
archives of DLR interviews and articles, pics of tour programs and transcipts from on-air appearances.

People keep posting links to access these things, but it'd be nice if it were housed right here, and in one simple, easily accessible click.

Even filing them chronologically!

The links has a handful of stuff, and so does one of the other sites, so it;s only right this place should be the FUCKIN' ARMORY.

Panamark
02-13-2005, 05:04 AM
http://www.rotharmy.com/

Seriously, have you checked the menu on the left of the
front page ?

A lot of what you are suggesting is there. If you have,
are you saying it could be improved ?

academic punk
02-13-2005, 09:56 AM
uhm...There's room for improvement on it.

This place should get its hands on everything it can from the early days, video, print, everything. I'm pretty computer illiterate, but here in NY there are plenty of places/old mag dealers that I can find these things at.

Even layout-wise I think it could look better.

Panamark
02-14-2005, 03:53 AM
Well Mate !! Time to do it, register that domain name, get your ass down to those NY streets and show us how it should be done !

If you are computer illiterate, how can you make judgement on a
computer based HTML layout ? Just curious ?

academic punk
02-14-2005, 03:07 PM
Now, that's just goofy, P.

What have I said to you to bring this about? I made a frindly offer in good faith, and you pull this?

How can I make a judgement? I don't know what chords Ed VH is playing on the songs, or notes in the solos, but I like them. I can't wrtie a 25-page dissertation on why Sammy sucks, but I know from the first note he sings that he does. I can make a viusla judgement on how pleasing and easy to use the layout and the site is. It's the reason I don't bother with the links: crap layout. As far as designing the thing, no, that's not my forte. We each contribute as we can.

I made a friendly suggestion and even offered my time and servidce for the benefit of this site. So if you're going to talk to me about "manners", b/c I told some goofy 16 year old to knock it off re: her supposed oh-so-likely UFO sighting, perhaps you should look at your own.

cavalry regards,
a

Panamark
02-14-2005, 07:05 PM
Dude, you are just a rude prick. Its that simple. The "stupid 16 year old" you refer to is actually a 23 year old woman. I know, as she is my Fiance. She ia just about to graduate with her Masters of Science.

Its easy to see who the stupid one is.

Weak little shit, you wanna be a rude prick, lets get it on. I cant wait to fuck you over. Look at the tag under my name you insignificant piece of ants piss in the ocean. Lets Play !

You told her to shutup straight after she was making normal posts.
Fuck you, you rude prick. She doesnt deserve that.

You wanna be rude, bring it to me..

katie
02-14-2005, 07:10 PM
Well i think this site fucking rocks!
I LOVE the layout & it is easy to read/navigate etc.

If it aint broke why try and fix it?

Katie

academic punk
02-14-2005, 07:40 PM
Pana-pom -

Why did you stop taking your medication? Is it a money thing? I'd be happy to lend you some if you're in financial straits. Let me know.

Love,

AP

academic punk
02-14-2005, 07:42 PM
and there's nothing "normal" about posts regarding "my encounter with a UFO".

Come on, if I want that crap, I'll listen to "Love Walks In"!

SweetSecrets
02-14-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
Now, that's just goofy, P.

re: her supposed oh-so-likely UFO sighting, perhaps you should look at your own.

Let me just clear up a few things about my "oh-so-likely UFO sighting", Dick,

It wasn't like I said aliens came into my bedroom one night and probed my ass like Sammy...

I was walking on the beach with my family in Destin, Florida. We (and every other person on the beach that night) saw three glowing white circles spinning in the air in the shape of a triangle. The triangle thing would spin around a few times then shoot across the sky to a different place, spin around a few times, and shoot across the sky again (really fast...faster than any aircraft I have ever seen). It did this several times for about thirty minutes, and then just disappeared.

I don't know what the hell it was, and at eleven years old I just remember being really freaked out. I choose not to believe in aliens because they really creep me out, but it was something strange and out of the ordinary I just thought I'd mention in that thread.

I wasn't trying to prove anything with that comment, other than aliens freak me out, and I saw something once that added to the nightmares that stupid movie, Fire In the Sky, left me with at age ten.

In this post' however, I am trying to prove something:

You are an ignorant jerk.

Big Troubles
02-14-2005, 07:50 PM
Thats it, I call RA group therapy hug. :D Fab c'mere, that means YOU baby!

SweetSecrets
02-14-2005, 07:53 PM
Hey, Big Troubles, ya bastard (sarcasm)! I don't need therapy!

:)

academic punk
02-14-2005, 07:54 PM
See, here I don;t mind that you're responding to my comments ss: after all, I said them to you. The joke I was making was misinterpreted, but that's fine, and partially my fault.

However, have yu noticed that I apologized TO YOU in the valentine's thread?

I owe Marky no apology b/c he took it upon himself to get involved. As the syaing goes, this is an A and B conversation, so he should see himself on out.

And then for him to go on and threaten me? Bullshit. I can see why some of the people on this site have told me some of the things they have.

On the other hand, feel free t ask Mezro to forward a copy of my correspondence with him re: all this.

He COMPLETELY overreacted to somehting that has nothing to do with him. This is all getting WAYY out of hand.

I would dsicuss this more but it's really gone far further than it ought to have, and besides, I have a hot date waiting for me at Aquagrill and, you know, these things take precedence.

Pleasant surprises and sunshine,
a

SweetSecrets
02-14-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by SweetSecrets
Hey, Big Troubles, ya bastard (sarcasm)! I don't need therapy!

Whooo HOoo! I love aliens! :alien: lol

SweetSecrets
02-14-2005, 08:14 PM

And then for him to go on and threaten me? Bullshit. I can see why some of the people on this site have told me some of the things they have.

On the other hand, feel free t ask Mezro to forward a copy of my correspondence with him re: all this.

He COMPLETELY overreacted to somehting that has nothing to do with him. This is all getting WAYY out of hand.

I would dsicuss this more but it's really gone far further than it ought to have, and besides, I have a hot date waiting for me at Aquagrill and, you know, these things take precedence.

Well then, "Mr. Loverboy" you should understand why he stepped in.

What if a guy told your girl to shut up for no reason?

It's not that big of a deal....I wasn't like weeping in agony over your "shut up" comment.

Panamark, like any descent guy, just had a problem with another dude telling off his girl, that's all.

It did have something to do with him...ME!

Panamark
02-14-2005, 08:31 PM
See, here I don;t mind that you're responding to my comments ss: after all, I said them to you. The joke I was making was misinterpreted, but that's fine, and partially my fault.

However, have yu noticed that I apologized TO YOU in the valentine's thread?

I owe Marky no apology b/c he took it upon himself to get involved. As the syaing goes, this is an A and B conversation, so he should see himself on out.

Dude, you told her to shutup. I took offense. Who was the instigator ???

Fuck off.

Big Troubles
02-14-2005, 08:35 PM
Whooo HOoo! I love aliens! :alien: lol

Hey SS! Wasn't there a song about an alien and an opening, with love walking in somewhere?

:D We ALL need alittle RA therapy. Even if you don't, it's still a great place to meet people. Booze, dope and rock and roll are allowed in my therapy sessions! :D

SweetSecrets
02-14-2005, 08:46 PM
I don't need a therapy session to experience Rock and Roll. LOL! Thanks for the offer, though BT. Although I would like to sit down with Sid Barrett, and (attempt) to ask him a few questions. That would be interesting.

Panamark
02-14-2005, 10:15 PM
Actually you have just dissed not only the woman I love, but the
website I love.

Yet you feel I should be unoffended ??

Good luck with your date, I would leave the "Shut-ups" at home.

academic punk
02-15-2005, 10:34 PM
Well then, "Mr. Loverboy" you should understand why he stepped in.

What if a guy told your girl to shut up for no reason?

It's not that big of a deal....I wasn't like weeping in agony over your "shut up" comment.

Panamark, like any descent guy, just had a problem with another dude telling off his girl, that's all.

It did have something to do with him...ME!

Panamark and Sweet Secrets -

As much as I'd prefer to take care of this in PMs to each of you, at this point things seem so hostile that it seems more appropriate to continue this within here. I would like to clear the air and possibly resolve some potential misconceptions.

Firstly, I think the timeline somewhere got confused for each of us. Here's my recollection of chain of events:

1. I made my dumb, ill-timed joke.
2. You each responded to it, and I let it lie.
3. P made post #4 in this thread.
4. I responded to P's comments. both here and in the UFO thread.
5> Mezro sent me a heads-up, letting me know the (happy) relationship between you two.
6. I sent SS my apology in the val thread, to which SS responded in a way that made this seem like a resolved issue.

I think you read the apology, and then saw my comments to Panamark, and felt that I betrayed my apology. (somewhere you wrote somehting to the effect of "I'm sorry I accpeted your apology.")

So I think a good deal of this tension is due to misunderstandings.

P, as to your last post here, first I did apologize, and secondly I don't see where I said anything ill about this site. Please let me know what you interpreted as such and I'll be happy to work from there.

As you've displayed with your responses and commetns to me, SS, you ARE perfectly capable of taking care of these matters yourself. And, as you say, it's not like you were crying about it.

P, if you had stated from the outgo that oyu and SS are engaged (and congrats on that BTW), I would obviously have understood your vehemence much more greatly. However, there was no need for the hostility and the threats of violence. If nothing else, we're continents apart and wouldn't even be remotely aware if we were standing next to each other at the deli! I earned a big fat "Go fuck yourself", but the "I'll fuck you up"s and "weak little shit"s, come on, as your fiance no doubt knows, entropy is always increasing. What sort of responses do you expect - or would you yourself send - from comments like that?

As I've said, I think this is a great site (and no where do I recall saying anything otherwise). And before all this, P, you struck me as nothing more than an all-around cool guy. If something like this went on between me and some other poster (and even a mod or two) it wouldn't bother me for a second, and i wouldn't be taking the time here to attempt to resolve this.

Peace?

p.s. I didn't see your last post till just now, P, (#19), but, ironically, I did in fact tell my girlfriend at one point to shut up last night. Friday is my birthday, and she gave me the first part of the gift last night. When I opened the box and saw the gift, I delightedly looked at her and said, "REALLY?"

"Yup."

"Shut up!"

and then we kissed. Amazing how those two words can either cause so much trouble or come across so charming (I think the difference is that she was able to see the expression on my face when I said it!).

Panamark
02-16-2005, 01:25 AM
No worries, Im glad you understand why I reacted the way I did.
SweetSecrets can (and does) defend herself very well. I was just
pissed off when I saw you telling her to "Shut up" for no apparent
reason. Then you are having a whinge about the site layout etc.
You were starting to come across as a right royal prick.

But you obviously have some sensibilites, as demonstrated in your
last post. I will defend SS always, I guess I cant help it :)
Natural instinct.

But I appreciate your congratulations and kind comments.
I hope you and your girlfriend are as happy as we are.

Peace

-Mark

DLR7884
02-16-2005, 09:20 AM
Now, I want to see a group hug!

DLR7884

academic punk
02-16-2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
No worries, Im glad you understand why I reacted the way I did.
SweetSecrets can (and does) defend herself very well. I was just
pissed off when I saw you telling her to "Shut up" for no apparent
reason. Then you are having a whinge about the site layout etc.
You were starting to come across as a right royal prick.

But you obviously have some sensibilites, as demonstrated in your
last post. I will defend SS always, I guess I cant help it :)
Natural instinct.

But I appreciate your congratulations and kind comments.
I hope you and your girlfriend are as happy as we are.

Peace

-Mark

Not a "whinge" the site layout as such, but I would like to see the archive section a little more....uh..."ooomphy!"

Also, I've posted a couple of found articles about Dave/the band...is there some way to install those into the section?

Glad this is all past. moving forward...
a

franksters
02-25-2005, 10:30 PM
I saw lights too, twice 1st in acapulco and once in quebec, it was too perfect to be real...

to this day I don't know what it was and to me aliens looking at us seemed a little childish...