PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Senator John Warner

knuckleboner
02-13-2004, 12:26 PM
this is primarily for you virginia guys, any thoughts on senator john warner?

i really like this guy. i'm generally much more liberal, and more likely to vote democratic, but this guy's got my vote, whether or not there's a democratic challenger, for as long as he wants it (not that i think he's running for re-election.)

1st he opposed ollie north and supported robb for senator. it's not necessarily the fact that he didn't like north or that he supported robb that i like. it's that he took a stand HE felt was important, regardless of how the party felt. and the republican leadership went after him for it.

now, he's come out agreeing in principal with governor warner (and republician state senator chitchester) that virginia may need to add new revenue (some level of tax increase) to address its worsening financial situation.

again, although i agree with him that the state needs better revenue, it's senator warner's willingness to take a stand he believes in that i really like.

we need more politicians, republicians AND democrats like him. true "statesmen."

john warner in 2008.

BigBadBrian
02-13-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner

1st he opposed ollie north and supported robb for senator. it's not necessarily the fact that he didn't like north or that he supported robb that i like.

The only thing I liked about Chuck Robb was the fact that he lost to George Allen. Good riddance to Cocaine Chuck.

Robb :monekyr:

knuckleboner
02-13-2004, 02:54 PM
forget about robb (recently appointed co-chair of the WMD intel committee by president bush.)

what do you think of john warner?

John Ashcroft
02-14-2004, 04:27 PM
Don't know much really, I'll have to check up. I believe our party consists of much more independent thinking than the other, even at the detriment of the party as a whole (from time to time). So, it wouldn't surprise me if this guy has a sucessful career.