PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop/Paint Shop Pro ?

Bob_R
02-13-2004, 12:51 PM
Can any of you guys explain to me or is it to difficult to explain how to create those bubbles cartoon.

Ya know if you see a pic of a person and then there's a bubble of their words coming out of their mouth.

Mr Grimsdale
02-13-2004, 12:58 PM
all depends how fluffy you want the edges to be

for simple boxes just use the rectangular marquee tool (thats the rectangle with the dotted outline) in photoshop
fill it with white then stuff your text on top

for fancy shapes there's a freehand marquee tool

knuckleboner
02-13-2004, 01:07 PM
dude, it's easy. and i'm using just off-the-shelf type stuff. first, take the basic pic you want; copy that shit and paste it in the basic "paint" setup. then go to either microsoft word or powerpoint, use the drawing function, go to autoshapes, then callouts. select the bubble. type your shit. then copy that and paste it into your microsoft paint image.

better to have the borders of the paint screen be larger than your original image, you then use the cut function to trace out the bubble and drag it over to of the image. then shorten the frame and save.

mind you, i'm sure photoshop and any of the other REAL graphics programs make it much easier and better.

but you should be able to jerryrig something even if you don't have the good programs.

Mr Grimsdale
02-13-2004, 01:24 PM
ARSE TREACLE!

Mr Badguy
02-13-2004, 01:47 PM
WALLPAPER CUNT CHICKENS!

Mr Badguy
02-13-2004, 01:47 PM
WOMEN`S KNICKERS!

Ally_Kat
02-13-2004, 01:53 PM
there's a couple of bubbles in photoshop already; It's in the shapes. You can pick what color you want and all. Then you just make a text box within the bubble and type away.

Bob_R
02-13-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
dude, it's easy. and i'm using just off-the-shelf type stuff. first, take the basic pic you want; copy that shit and paste it in the basic "paint" setup. then go to either microsoft word or powerpoint, use the drawing function, go to autoshapes, then callouts. select the bubble. type your shit. then copy that and paste it into your microsoft paint image.

better to have the borders of the paint screen be larger than your original image, you then use the cut function to trace out the bubble and drag it over to of the image. then shorten the frame and save.

mind you, i'm sure photoshop and any of the other REAL graphics programs make it much easier and better.

but you should be able to jerryrig something even if you don't have the good programs.

Thanks to all and LOL at knuckleboner how true!!

flappo
02-13-2004, 03:01 PM
..caption this !

http://members.aol.com/jyminflames/images/jerk.gif

Bob_R
02-13-2004, 03:55 PM
Maybe once I learn. You British fool you. ;) :p

Mr Grimsdale
02-16-2004, 02:40 PM
JAM RAGS FOR SALE
ROLL UP
ROLL UP