PDA

View Full Version : Singer supports real Van Halen

picasso bros
02-13-2004, 11:21 PM
SINGER SUPPORTS REAL VAN HALEN:
[02/06/2004]: "Van Halen had a frontman in the old days that did all that gymnastics and stuff, and as soon as they chucked him out they became shit. Even though they're essentially playing the same music, Van Halen are fucking rubbish because David Lee Roth isn't in them anymore and the thing that he brought to the table was pure flamboyance. And that's what I get off on."

Quote by Justin Hawkins, Lead Singer, The Darkness

Saw this on the stinks the other day-needless to say they are all still crying about it.
Obviously this cat gets it and the truth still hurts!
Whoever submitted this post needs to get his mind right-anything sounding remotely favorable to DLR gets put down over there!
Pathetic!

DLR7884
02-13-2004, 11:54 PM
No doubt the guy from The Darkness likes Dave, he uses quite a few of Dave's moves.

DLR7884
Their latest CD is one of the best I've bought the past few months.

Panamark
02-14-2004, 03:50 AM
Apart from his singing style, I like this Justin Hawkins ! Obivously has got the right attitude about Halen. Geez, the Spamheads over at the SH Links would love this :)

TMR
02-14-2004, 10:20 AM
I haven't heard any of Justin's music, but now after hearing this...I need to check out Darkness!

VH LINKS SUCKS
02-14-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by picasso bros
SINGER SUPPORTS REAL VAN HALEN:
[02/06/2004]: "Van Halen had a frontman in the old days that did all that gymnastics and stuff, and as soon as they chucked him out they became shit. Even though they're essentially playing the same music, Van Halen are fucking rubbish because David Lee Roth isn't in them anymore and the thing that he brought to the table was pure flamboyance. And that's what I get off on."

Quote by Justin Hawkins, Lead Singer, The Darkness

Saw this on the stinks the other day-needless to say they are all still crying about it.
Obviously this cat gets it and the truth still hurts!
Whoever submitted this post needs to get his mind right-anything sounding remotely favorable to DLR gets put down over there!
Pathetic!

What did you expect to read at that shithole when you have a guy running this place that resembles the town's only known crackhead?

http://www.dropdeadugly.com/dp/uglypics/2-68.jpg

alexpgrimes
02-15-2004, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by TMR
I haven't heard any of Justin's music, but now after hearing this...I need to check out Darkness! I hope your a Tiny Tim fan. That's what it sounds like. The band is great though..

ELVIS
02-15-2004, 02:56 AM
The Darkness are lame...

"David Lee Roth isn't in them"

uhh huhu hu hu uhu hu hu hu hu

ThrillsNSpills
02-15-2004, 11:50 AM
Yeah, the Tiny Tim thing, that was my first impression too.

It sure is good to see new hard rock out there though.

Britney and boy-bands are just wrong. so is the dave-bashing links

Of course Justin's gonna give props to Dave, have you noticed in I believe in a thing called love the ascension in chords to the V chord before the chorus. Just like Panama

S.P.G
02-15-2004, 05:28 PM
great quote!

get the impression he's blowing his own trumpet though!

S.P.G
02-15-2004, 05:30 PM
it's too early to call the darkness shit! for a debut album it's pretty good. let's see the second album and then you can judge!

Elitest
02-15-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Apart from his singing style, I like this Justin Hawkins ! Obivously has got the right attitude about Halen. :)

ditto

hes grate looking and moves well but the falsetto doesnt gel wth me:)