PDA

View Full Version : China presses N Korea to relent

ELVIS
02-13-2005, 10:37 PM
2-13-2005 (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4261383.stm)

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40823000/jpg/_40823107_sat-ap-203body.jpg
Intelligence services are seeking to confirm the North's arms claims

China is to work to get talks on North Korea's nuclear programme restarted as soon as possible, despite a boycott declared by Pyongyang on Thursday.

Beijing is one of the North's few allies left and has taken part in, and hosted, six-way talks aimed at making Pyongyang end its nuclear ambitions.

Foreign Minister Li Zhaoxing announced China's new effort in phone talks with US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

North Korea said on Thursday it had already developed a nuclear weapon.

Its announcement that it was withdrawing from the talks was criticised by Russia, its old ally, which said it had made the "wrong choice".

The talks, involving the two Koreas, the US, China, Russia and Japan, began in 2003.

North Korean media have been calling on citizens to unite around their Stalinist leader, Kim Jong-il.

Intelligence effort

Speaking to Ms Rice, the Chinese foreign minister said his country would "stay in touch with all relevant parties and strive to make the situation develop in a positive direction, so that the six-party talks could be resumed as soon as possible".

The Chinese initiative was welcomed by South Korean Foreign Minister Ban Ki-moon, who is visiting Washington and is due to meet the US secretary of state.

"China should strengthen the effort to convince the North and we are continuing diplomatic efforts in that direction," he said on Sunday.

Mr Ban added that it was still unclear how real a nuclear threat the North posed.

"Intelligence authorities are consulting on the precise nature of the North's nuclear capability - that is, whether it possesses nuclear weapons and the number of units," he said.

North Korea argues that it needs nuclear weapons as protection against what it considers to be an increasingly hostile US.

:elvis:

LoungeMachine
02-13-2005, 10:45 PM
Let us pray.......

BigBadBrian
02-14-2005, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Let us pray.......

You don't have a god (little 'g'), remember? ;)

You're a heathen.

LoungeMachine
02-14-2005, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
You don't have a god (little 'g'), remember? ;)

You're a heathen.

I forgot. Anyone who doesn't follow YOUR beliefs is a Heathen;)

BigBadBrian
02-14-2005, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
I forgot. Anyone who doesn't follow YOUR beliefs is a Heathen;)

I'm not the one that feels the need to always attack a particular set of beliefs. That would be you...out of fear. :gulp:

LoungeMachine
02-14-2005, 10:58 AM
I'm not the one that feels the need to always attack a particular set of beliefs. That would be you...out of fear. :gulp:

Fear of what?

A Lightening Bolt?

40 days and 40 nights of rain?

Don't bother me.....

I'm busy building an Ark......

what's a cubit?:D

Seshmeister
02-14-2005, 10:59 AM
If the Koreans don't get nukes where are Bond villains gonna get their evil scientists from?

ELVIS
02-14-2005, 11:00 AM
:D

BigBadBrian
02-14-2005, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
If the Koreans don't get nukes where are Bond villains gonna get their evil scientists from?

Those Haggis eaters in Scotland. :gulp:

Cathedral
02-14-2005, 10:56 PM
China is the only country that can put the squeeze on N. Korea, and if that doesn't work then everyone should begin to worry about seeing another sunrise.

N. Korea had a jump start thanks to the bust deal Clinton made with them, which is also yet another example of why it is a deadly decision not to adopt the policy of pre-emption against opressive nations hosting terror camps.

I give up trying to discuss rationally the events that have and are taking place these days with the far left liberal minds.
I am beginning to see Iraq as a great advantage in the war on terror.

Forget Iraq and open your damn eyes to the atmosphere of hatred against the American way of life, and if you can get GW off your hate filled minds for long enough you may start to see the big picture.

The fact is, America is weaker because of all the division in our current society. 8 years of Clinton is the reason for that also.
The proof is in the history that before Billy took office there was a sense of pride and honor among Americans who choose to do for themselves.
The liberal leadership in that 8 year period erroded any sense of union we felt as a nation.

The funny part is that you all think that kicking and screaming the last 4 years did anything for your party, and you plan to do the same thing for the next 4 years.
But will you have a candidate that can win in '08?
I doubt it, because the far left assholes refuse to see the error of their ways...but that's good for a red stating country boy like myself, lol.

Oh, and as for the Social Security issue.
I could care less what they do because with the climate of the world as it is we'll all be lucky to even be alive before it becomes an issue.

The threats to our nation, and that includes Dems and Repubs alike, is a serious one that existed long before any Bush sat in the White House.
So you can continue bitching, pissing and moaning about things you cannot change if you want, but we're stronger united than we are divided and i'd appreciate it if the partisan bickering stopped before we get hit again, and in a much more destructive manner.

It's not about politics with me anymore, this is about life and death, and i choose life thank you very much.

Nickdfresh
02-15-2005, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral

I give up trying to discuss rationally the events that have and are taking place these days with the far left liberal minds.

Don't knock it 'till you try it!;)

Cathedral
02-15-2005, 08:48 AM
That's just it, I have tried and the conversation goes knowhere.
It would be refreshing to have a debate with someone who actually has something to contribute beyond hate speeches and a lack of ideas of their own.

Seriously, all i hear are attacks on Bush without any alternative options being presented on just how the Dems would do things differently.

Sorry, but hating George Bush is not a plan for America.
Bring something to the table that can be proven and prosecuted if they are criminals.
Until then, coming up with your own solutions and putting them forward will fall on more open ears than anything you can say about Bush.

I mean look at it for what it is.
I don't like landslide victories myself, i dig a little competition.
But you went up against a President with a record low approval rating and still couldn't unseat him.
There is a problem with the liberal mentality and it's just fine with me that they ignore the call to reform the party.

Next year when the Dems lose even more seats and power in Washington, hopfully the message will sink in and they'll get a check up from the neck up.

This country should never be run on the hard left or hard right agenda because the job of the government is to represent ALL people fairly and equally, which can only be done from the center of the isle.

ODShowtime
02-15-2005, 09:19 AM
Forget Iraq and open your damn eyes to the atmosphere of hatred against the American way of life, and if you can get GW off your hate filled minds for long enough you may start to see the big picture.

Did you ever once stop and think about why gw is the most hated president in modern history?

Did you ever once stop and think about why American is hated in the Middle East? What are we doing to stop that?

Nickdfresh
02-15-2005, 09:34 AM
That's just it, I have tried and the conversation goes knowhere.
It would be refreshing to have a debate with someone who actually has something to contribute beyond hate speeches and a lack of ideas of their own.

Hate speeches? You are painting a wide swath with your brush ther Cat.

Seriously, all i hear are attacks on Bush without any alternative options being presented on just how the Dems would do things differently.

The ""alternative" was NOT to invade the country that didn't attack us on 9/11! Gore wouldn't have done that and you know it.

Sorry, but hating George Bush is not a plan for America.
Bring something to the table that can be proven and prosecuted if they are criminals.
Until then, coming up with your own solutions and putting them forward will fall on more open ears than anything you can say about Bush.

Uh...like hello! Half of the Neo Con arguments on this forum go back to what a horrible person Clinton was. He gets mentioned more than Bush! I would have loved to hear your little mantras four or five years ago. And when Bush got the election, all I heard here for weeks after was ha, ha...we won blah blah. We'll sorry if we show you what a destructive idiot Bush is! But you voted for him, not me. So eat crow.

I mean look at it for what it is.
I don't like landslide victories myself, i dig a little competition.
But you went up against a President with a record low approval rating and still couldn't unseat him.
There is a problem with the liberal mentality and it's just fine with me that they ignore the call to reform the party.

Next year when the Dems lose even more seats and power in Washington, hopfully the message will sink in and they'll get a check up from the neck up.

Not the way things are going! Bush will haunt the prospects of Republicans like Clinton's "blowjob" haunted Democrats. If it hadn't been for 9/11, then Bush would have been ejected last year. Hell, Gore won the popular vote in 00'(and in fact the election I think), but that is something the Republican's selective memory seems to blot out when you talk of recent political domination.

This country should never be run on the hard left or hard right agenda because the job of the government is to represent ALL people fairly and equally, which can only be done from the center of the isle.

I agree, but Bush thinks he has a hard-right 'mandate' when he cleary doesn't! A poll this morning on CNN stated that more people are dissatisfied with the way things are going than not. We'll see about 06' and 08'!

Cathedral
02-15-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
Did you ever once stop and think about why gw is the most hated president in modern history?

Did you ever once stop and think about why American is hated in the Middle East? What are we doing to stop that?

Yes to all 3 questions...

He's hated by the Liberals for being a President with balls enough to finally take hold of the life and death issues that have been avoided by the last Administration.
His actions may not be popular, but they are the right actions to take at this juncture.
We did learn on election day that more people do like him than not.

Hatred for America began in the 40's, they just haven't had access to the technology required to wage an attack on our own soil until now. and they used our own freedom against us in what i call a bare bones attack on 9-11...Jets and box cutters, simple, yet effective enough to kill thousands.
The reason we are hated in the Middle East has nothing to do with Bush, those hostilities, as i said already, have existed for decades.

An independant journalist went to the streets of Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Isreal and Egypt.
The most common reason for the Anti-Americanism in the Mid-East was claimed to be because of America's past history of dealing with dictators and ignoring the plight of those oppressed in those countries.
They knew we had the power to remove the regimes, but we never did, until now.
But since daddy Bush sent all those people to slaughter in the aftermath of the Gulf War, I knew from the start that they wouldn't be throwing flowers and welcoming us in.
They weren't about to stand up again only to find themselves standing alone.
The tide turned when 8 million Iraqi's faced death to cast a vote, and since the election there has been a boost in those signing up to be cops and soldiers...It took time, but we all now know that they are thankful for our sacrifices, and i'm talking about the citizens, not the budding government there.

What can we do to stop it?
We're doing it, Bush made it clear that we will not tollerate rogue regimes running terror camps, and they will be taken down in time.

Terrorism will not go away, it has to be confronted before it confronts us on their terms, ya dig?

Here's a scenario to think about:

You are sitting in a room with a terrorist. He has a gun that is unassembled in front of him, including bullets.
Now you are sitting there with a gun in your hand, assembled and loaded but you just sit there looking at the terrorist.
Whats he gonna do?
He's gonna start putting that gun together while watching your actions.

Question:
Are you going to sit there until he finishes assembling the gun, loads it and shoots you. Or are you going to blast his ass away when he grabs the bullets?

I don't know about you, but the moment he reaches for a bullet, he's a dead man, him or me, and i'd prefer it to be me that walks out of the room.

Looking the other way would have resulted in what i ask? YOUR DEATH is exactly what the result would be.

It has been said time and time again that our country changed on 9-11-01...And it did, forever.
Waiting while our enemies build and load their guns will result in death.

Them or us, there is no other way to spin it.

Cathedral
02-15-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Hate speeches? You are painting a wide swath with your brush ther Cat.

The ""alternative" was NOT to invade the country that didn't attack us on 9/11! Gore wouldn't have done that and you know it.

Uh...like hello! Half of the Neo Con arguments on this forum go back to what a horrible person Clinton was. He gets mentioned more than Bush! I would have loved to hear your little mantras four or five years ago. And when Bush got the election, all I heard here for weeks after was ha, ha...we won blah blah. We'll sorry if we show you what a destructive idiot Bush is! But you voted for him, not me. So eat crow.

Not the way things are going! Bush will haunt the prospects of Republicans like Clinton's "blowjob" haunted Democrats. If it hadn't been for 9/11, then Bush would have been ejected last year. Hell, Gore won the popular vote in 00'(and in fact the election I think), but that is something the Republican's selective memory seems to blot out when you talk of recent political domination.

I agree, but Bush thinks he has a hard-right 'mandate' when he cleary doesn't! A poll this morning on CNN stated that more people are dissatisfied with the way things are going than not. We'll see about 06' and 08'!

No, i don't think it's a wide swath at all.
I have never heard such talk about any sitting President as i have heard about Bush.

Gore would continue to ignore the threats of our time and the result could have been another attack between 2001 and now.
Iraq was in violation of U.N. Resolutions and practiced defiance on a daily basis. Do you not agree that letting that continue deminishes our standing across the globe?
N.Korea spent the last 10 years building a nuke program and they did it under Clintons nose which is a bigger issue than Iraq.
Iraq is well on their way to enjoying a free life as you and I do, I happen to think they deserve it as much if not more than we do.

As for my "mantra" 4 or 5 years ago...I at least respected the office of President while Clinton served. I even helped his ass get in by not voting for Bush Sr. having a second term.
That is until he played word games to cover up an immoral act commited in the White House. The man showed no respect for the office he held or he would have taken his sex games to a hotel or something.
And if he had done anything worth while his so called "prosperity" wouldn't have been well into recession when he left.

If Gore had not been selective on the Florida recounts and demanded the whole state be recounted (I would have), the turnout might have been different also.

Every President has a mandate, bro, and it is for them to serve all americans fairly and equally.
It's not about right or left, it's about serving the people who elect you as well as those who don't.
The problem is, there is no longer a middle ground in politics.
We are forced to go one way or another with no focus on finding the common ground in the key issues.

LoungeMachine
02-15-2005, 10:29 AM
Lookout.......

Catheter is on a roll again.......

Keep your arms and legs inside the Vehicle at all times....

Full Bug
02-15-2005, 11:03 AM
Who cares? How many times over the years has the north said they had the nuke? They are bluffing like they do every few months.....

ODShowtime
02-15-2005, 12:51 PM
Yes to all 3 questions...

He's hated by the Liberals for being a President with balls enough to finally take hold of the life and death issues that have been avoided by the last Administration.
His actions may not be popular, but they are the right actions to take at this juncture.
We did learn on election day that more people do like him than not.

Hatred for America began in the 40's, they just haven't had access to the technology required to wage an attack on our own soil until now. and they used our own freedom against us in what i call a bare bones attack on 9-11...Jets and box cutters, simple, yet effective enough to kill thousands.
The reason we are hated in the Middle East has nothing to do with Bush, those hostilities, as i said already, have existed for decades.

An independant journalist went to the streets of Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Isreal and Egypt.
The most common reason for the Anti-Americanism in the Mid-East was claimed to be because of America's past history of dealing with dictators and ignoring the plight of those oppressed in those countries.
They knew we had the power to remove the regimes, but we never did, until now.
But since daddy Bush sent all those people to slaughter in the aftermath of the Gulf War, I knew from the start that they wouldn't be throwing flowers and welcoming us in.
They weren't about to stand up again only to find themselves standing alone.
The tide turned when 8 million Iraqi's faced death to cast a vote, and since the election there has been a boost in those signing up to be cops and soldiers...It took time, but we all now know that they are thankful for our sacrifices, and i'm talking about the citizens, not the budding government there.

What can we do to stop it?
We're doing it, Bush made it clear that we will not tollerate rogue regimes running terror camps, and they will be taken down in time.

Terrorism will not go away, it has to be confronted before it confronts us on their terms, ya dig?

Here's a scenario to think about:

You are sitting in a room with a terrorist. He has a gun that is unassembled in front of him, including bullets.
Now you are sitting there with a gun in your hand, assembled and loaded but you just sit there looking at the terrorist.
Whats he gonna do?
He's gonna start putting that gun together while watching your actions.

Question:
Are you going to sit there until he finishes assembling the gun, loads it and shoots you. Or are you going to blast his ass away when he grabs the bullets?

I don't know about you, but the moment he reaches for a bullet, he's a dead man, him or me, and i'd prefer it to be me that walks out of the room.

Looking the other way would have resulted in what i ask? YOUR DEATH is exactly what the result would be.

It has been said time and time again that our country changed on 9-11-01...And it did, forever.
Waiting while our enemies build and load their guns will result in death.

Them or us, there is no other way to spin it.

First of all, I really do respect a lot of your opinions. Especially since you actually share them instead of just calling people fags.

That said, I think you are operating under some false assumptions and not making some connections. I don't expect you to change your mind, but I'll point them out for you:

1. "We did learn on election day that more people do like him than not."

That's simply not true. The election hinged on Ohio. You're from there so you must know what that cocksucker Blackwell was up to. Also, when you say people like him, they like what he says he's going to do. That's different from what he does. He's a proven liar. So his real policies do not have the support of the country.

2. "Hatred for America began in the 40's, they just haven't had access to the technology required to wage an attack on our own soil until now."

This is 100% true. But look at the root cause. Why have they hated us for so long? Who is responsible for that? Where is it written in stone and blood that we MUST use petrolium for energy? In the 40s no one would ever believe we'd go to the moon. 25 years later we did.

3. "The reason we are hated in the Middle East has nothing to do with Bush, those hostilities, as i said already, have existed for decades."

gw is backed and controlled by these same forces. There is no debate about it. His foreign policy is shaped by the need to control resources. THere were convenient attacks to get the populace behind him, but he would have gone about things in virtually the same way, 9-11 or not.

Maybe we really do need to stop the terrorists before they hit us. But they don't reside in Iraq. The terrorist putting the nuclear gun together is Osama Bin Laden, and he is at large. THere has been a $25 million price on his head for 4 years and we haven't seen him. WTF? That terrorist is still assembling the gun, and we both knonw he's reaching for the bullets. gw has done NOTHING to stop them in over 3 years.

BigBadBrian
02-15-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime

1. "We did learn on election day that more people do like him than not."

That's simply not true. The election hinged on Ohio. You're from there so you must know what that cocksucker Blackwell was up to. Also, when you say people like him, they like what he says he's going to do. That's different from what he does. He's a proven liar. So his real policies do not have the support of the country.

Are you still bent out of shape about Ohio, OD? Bush beat Kerry in the popular vote by almost 3.3 million votes. I would say that qualifies on the account of "more people do like him than not." Ohio has nothing to do with that statement.

:gulp:

ODShowtime
02-15-2005, 09:18 PM
Are you still bent out of shape about Ohio, OD? Bush beat Kerry in the popular vote by almost 3.3 million votes. I would say that qualifies on the account of "more people do like him than not." Ohio has nothing to do with that statement.

That motherfucker straight up cheated. I know you have to move forward in this world, but I'm not going without causing a big fucking stink.

And we all know the popular vote, on the national level, doesn't mean jack shit. I'm sure you've said that millions of times over since 2001.

ODShowtime
02-15-2005, 09:22 PM
Bush beat Kerry in the popular vote by almost 3.3 million votes. I would say that qualifies on the account of "more people do like him than not." Ohio has nothing to do with that statement.

Also, when speaking election statistics, voter turnour was at what? Like 50%? So you'll never know if more people "liked him" than not.

Cathedral
02-15-2005, 09:36 PM
You make some very valid points, OD.
I certainly don't know all of whats going on, i miss a lot lately.

Actually i don't think either you or I had a whole lot to choose from in the last election.
As for Ken Blackwell, he used to be the Mayor of Cincinnati many moons ago and i have met the man a couple of times when he came to our Highschool to promote politics as a career choice.
He is actually a pretty decent man and i would be very shocked to learn he rigged the election.

That said, I don't put anything past anyone because the only person that knows whats in a mans heart is the man himself.
I learned a long ass time ago that no matter how well you think you know someone, you never know what they are truly capable of doing.