PDA

View Full Version : Vivian Campbell: "I hate Heavy Metal!"

Mr Badguy
01-01-2004, 06:55 PM
In a recent interview Vivian Campbell responded to critisism by Ronnie James Dio by retorting that Dio was "vile", but did add that Dio was the best in his field of "dungeons and dragons heavy metal". He also added that he hates when fans come up to him and sing Dio songs or give him the devil hand gesture as he doesn`t "care about that kind of music any more. I hate it. I prefer the sort of stuff I am doing with def Leppard.".

Well, you know what, Vivian?

I don`t.

Flash Bastard
01-01-2004, 07:04 PM
Have you heard his solo stuff? Makes Def Leppard sound like Motorhead.

Coyote
01-01-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Flash Bastard
Have you heard his solo stuff? Makes Def Leppard sound like Motorhead.

:eek:

Panamark
01-02-2004, 05:32 AM
Viv Cambpell is in Def Leppard now ? I kinda gave up on Def Leppard when they went all sappy. I wonder if he will inject a harder edge to them ? Have they already released an album with Viv ? Does it suck ?

Mr Badguy
01-02-2004, 05:34 AM
He`s been with them for more than ten years now.

I think they`ve got a couple of LPs out.

Yes, they do suck.

(Unless you like pop music)

Panamark
01-02-2004, 05:49 AM
Fuck, Ive probably heard some of it then, yeah its the pits. I think Pyromania was the last album I could listen to. What was the other one ? On through the night ?? That wasnt too bad. Somebody poured too much sugar on those fuckers..

Elitest
01-02-2004, 09:48 AM
They are grate

diamond den™
01-02-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
In a recent interview Vivian Campbell responded to critisism by Ronnie James Dio by retorting that Dio was "vile", but did add that Dio was the best in his field of "dungeons and dragons heavy metal". He also added that he hates when fans come up to him and sing Dio songs or give him the devil hand gesture as he doesn`t "care about that kind of music any more. I hate it. I prefer the sort of stuff I am doing with def Leppard.".

Well, you know what, Vivian?

I don`t.

He's a fucking hack. :)

Mr Badguy
01-02-2004, 02:04 PM
I quite liked them up until "Hysteria", which coincidently was the last LP with Steve Clark.

After that it seemed like they wanted to sell records to girls rather than to men.

IrishPunk
01-02-2004, 05:06 PM
Vivian Campbell is and always will be a shitty guitarist. Dio was awesome in Rainbow and Black Sabbath. His solo albums were pretty damn good too, but not cuz of anything Campbell ever did. Killing the Dragon was a sweet ass Dio album! Came out a year or so ago and had Doug Aldrigde playing guitar on it

Top Jimmy
01-03-2004, 07:31 AM
I dunno...I thought Rainbow In The Dark was a classic, killer jam.....what DOES piss me off though, is how guys will get you into whtever they're doing at the time...and tell you how great they feel doing it...and don't you like it too? so you get WAY into the music, and then ten years later you read how it was all a scam, cause the guy says his heart was never into it, or he really didn't like that style of music....which makes all those millions who bought the music, now they suddenly feel lied to, and cheated. It's like AVH telling us in 1986 how the first lineup was just a 'test run', and that they finally had the REAL VH going...all that does is SHIT on all those people that liked it. Why not say....it was KILLER, and we're proud of the music, but now here's something new.....naaah, that's too easy...ya gotta discredit the tunez, and in the proces you inherently discredit, and divide the fans. just to feed a wallet, and an ego.

sucks.

Flash Bastard
01-05-2004, 07:45 PM
I heard him playing with Dio on a recording from the King Biscuit radio program. He sounded like pure shit, almost like he was tuning his guitar during the solo. Just awful.

Full Bug
01-05-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Top Jimmy
I dunno...I thought Rainbow In The Dark was a classic, killer jam.....what DOES piss me off though, is how guys will get you into whtever they're doing at the time...and tell you how great they feel doing it...and don't you like it too? so you get WAY into the music, and then ten years later you read how it was all a scam, cause the guy says his heart was never into it, or he really didn't like that style of music....which makes all those millions who bought the music, now they suddenly feel lied to, and cheated. It's like AVH telling us in 1986 how the first lineup was just a 'test run', and that they finally had the REAL VH going...all that does is SHIT on all those people that liked it. Why not say....it was KILLER, and we're proud of the music, but now here's something new.....naaah, that's too easy...ya gotta discredit the tunez, and in the proces you inherently discredit, and divide the fans. just to feed a wallet, and an ego.

sucks.
Great post Top Jimmy, I agree with what you said 100%, its bullshit.....
By the way, I liked Rainbow In The Dark as well.....

BITEYOASS
01-05-2004, 09:56 PM
All I have to say is BRING BACK PETE WILLIS DAMNIT!!!!

One Voice
01-08-2004, 03:26 PM

sucks.

You are so right, excellent post.

Mr Grimsdale
01-08-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Elitest
They are grate

that's only cos' you like amputees

dirty girl! to your room

lesfunk
01-08-2004, 04:05 PM
What has 9 arms and sucks?

lesfunk
01-08-2004, 04:05 PM
Def Leppard

PhxRocker
01-15-2004, 09:33 PM
I thought Viv Campbell was pretty damn good on the first two Dio albums....not the best by any means, just a good competent metal guitarist...but I haven't liked anything he's done since. I cannot stand that pussy-ass pop bullshit that he's been putting out with Def Leppard.
He's wasting his talent with that faggoty shit!

And, btw, I thought Def Leppard used to be a good fucking band...for the first three albums, that is...

Gmoney
01-16-2004, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by lesfunk
What has 9 arms and sucks? :lol:

singerman
01-18-2004, 07:49 PM
i saw whitesnake in London in 1987/88 when vivian was with them....halfway through the gig....the rest of the band left the stage.....vivian stood,legs apart (in the rock 'n'roll way they do!)....the lights dimmed...a single spot light lit his way....and he started his 5 minutes of glory....his fingers were like lightning as he blazed into the opening of of his solo spot.....and then.......his guitar strap broken and he dropped his fuckin guitar!! ha ha ha .....funniest thing ive ever seen at a gig.....i turned to my brother and said ' oh dear.....thats his reputation as a guitarist gone forever' as i collapsed on the floor ,i was proved right cos he then joined Lef Deppard......the really ironic thing was,not only did the sound of his guitar hitting the stage happen to be the best thing he played for the entire gig...the cheer from the crowd was the loudest all night!!!....cos believe me....they were fuckin shit

ELVIS
01-19-2004, 12:48 AM
I rank Viv up there with Brian Young...

Golden AWe
01-19-2004, 07:33 AM
Why not say....it was KILLER, and we're proud of the music, but now here's something new.....naaah, that's too easy...ya gotta discredit the tunez, and in the proces you inherently discredit, and divide the fans. just to feed a wallet, and an ego.

:guzzle: So true. Great post.