PDA

View Full Version : Fowler buys Vikings to become first black NFL owner

ALinChainz
02-14-2005, 07:55 PM
February 14, 2005

MINNEAPOLIS, United States (AFP) - Reggie Fowler, a former National Football League linebacker, became the first black owner of an NFL club here, reaching an agreement to purchase the Minnesota Vikings .

Vikings owner Red McCombs announced here Monday that he reached an agreement to sell the team to Fowler, a deal reportedly worth at least 625 million dollars. McCombs bought the club in 1998 for 246 million dollars.

"Being black didn't play a big part in me wanting to buy this team," Fowler said. "As James Brown said, 'I'm black and I'm proud,' but that didn't play a big part in wanting to buy an NFL team.

"I can tell you that Red didn't discount the sale price because of it."

The most recent NFL purchase had been Arthur Blank buying the Atlanta Falcons in 2002 for 545 million dollars.

The highest sales price for an NFL franchise was the 800 million dollars spent by Daniel Snyder for the Washington Redskins in 1999.

The deal, almost certain to be approved by league owners in the off-season, puts the 46-year-old Arizona businessman and former Cincinnati Bengals defender in select company as a minority owner in American team sports.

Robert Johnson, a black television entrepeneur, became the first minority owner of a National Basketball Association club when he purchased the Charlotte Bobcats expansion team that began play this season.

Arturo Moreno, a 56-year-old Mexican-American near-billionaire who made a fortune in billboard advertisements, completed a 180 million-dollar purchase of Major League Baseball's Anaheim Angels in 2003.

Japanese-born Hiroshi Yamauchi purchased a majority interest in baseball's Seattle Mariners in 1992.

McCombs had been frustrated with opposition for a new publicly funded stadium for the Vikings and has talked about moving the team to Los Angeles, but Fowler brushed aside talk of a new stadium.

"I won't talk about the stadium issue until we get approval from the NFL," Fowler said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=afp-amfootnflvikings&prov=afp&type=lgns

redblkwht
02-15-2005, 12:16 AM
Now to try to make a sosa like deal with ole randy..is the next step.
cut the cancer..hershel walker like trade? i doubt it ;)

Gmoney
02-15-2005, 07:04 PM
Can they still be called the Vikings?

ALinChainz
02-15-2005, 09:09 PM
Yep, they buy the whole package.

DlocRoth
02-15-2005, 09:29 PM
Fuckin ho's.

Glen Taylor needed to buy em.

Red made about 450 mil. off of us in 6 and a half years.

redblkwht
02-16-2005, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by DlocRoth
Fuckin ho's.

Glen Taylor needed to buy em.

Red made about 450 mil. off of us in 6 and a half years. Thats huge dough, now to the trade of moss..i bet it
happens for the right price, but again see a sosa like deal..
no one wants to deal with the headcase he is..it may wake randy up
if no avail buyer..now that would be funnyier than anything..
no one opts the trade..lmao
GIMME another beer dammit!

poop
02-16-2005, 01:26 PM
alice, what's your fascination with blacks. I mean if the Vikes had a white owner this would not be a headline, would it?

ALinChainz
02-16-2005, 01:27 PM
It's not my fascination Joey Tard, it is history in the NFL you ignorant dumbfuck.

Post something intelligent or have it edited or deleted scumbag.

poop
02-16-2005, 01:31 PM
I notice how every time and I mean every single time someone disagrees with you, they are Thunder. Believe me, there's a lot more people here who think you're an uneducated black race loving asshole than just Thunder.

ALinChainz
02-16-2005, 01:33 PM
Sorry Joe, we know it's you.

Name one other person.

My education? You're a joke.

Your dad was black, kicked your dumbass daily, and you hated him for it and your mom for marrying him.

Loser.

poop
02-16-2005, 01:35 PM
Does every one of your posts include the word "black". You are obsessed with blacks. I don't mind them but realize there are blacks and there are ******s.

ALinChainz
02-16-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
It's not my fascination Joey Tard, it is history in the NFL you ignorant dumbfuck.

Post something intelligent or have it edited or deleted scumbag.

Did this one use the word?

Stupid.

Just plain stupid.

Island Boy
02-16-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by poop
Does every one of your posts include the word "black". You are obsessed with blacks. I don't mind them but realize there are blacks and there are ******s.

DLR7884
02-16-2005, 05:17 PM
Mullato Joe-you are the only one who agrees with yourself.

DLR7884
You are an :asshole:

LoungeMachine
02-16-2005, 05:33 PM

Fucking A Thudner, you're even shitty at this:rolleyes:

get a life, troll

BTW, where's the money you owe me BITCH?

WHOYOUFUCKINJOE
02-16-2005, 07:23 PM
and the obsession continues.

ALinChainz
02-16-2005, 07:27 PM
Q: WHO YOU FUCKIN' JOE?

A: Michael Jackson

Next question.

WHOYOUFUCKINJOE
02-16-2005, 07:29 PM
Beutiful women in western pa. and throughout the states have gotten to feel the wrath of the great JOE THUNDER.

WHOYOUFUCKINJOE
02-16-2005, 07:31 PM
Boy are they lucky, you should see the size of this fucking thing.

ALinChainz
02-16-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by WHOYOUFUCKINJOE
Beutiful women in western pa.

LOL ... what kind?

Learn to spell, read, etc.

Keep it about sports perv.

What are you doing Joe, looking at it? I've always said you jerk your little gerkin to all the negative posts, you've pretty much just admitted it.

LoungeMachine
02-16-2005, 07:36 PM
Why do you keep ducking the question, faggot???

WHERE'S THE MONEY YOU OWE ME FOR OUR SUPERBOWL BET???

Are you a Liar?

Are you broke?

or is it BOTH ?

Nickdfresh
02-16-2005, 07:53 PM
I notice how every time and I mean every single time someone disagrees with you, they are Thunder. Believe me, there's a lot more people here who think you're an uneducated black race loving asshole than just Thunder.

Hey POOP, stop PMing me! I don't care if you are a "powerbottom," Now fuck-off JoeTHUNDER faggot!

DLR7884
02-17-2005, 12:12 PM
Beatiful women in Western, PA?

DLR7884
That's a fucking oxymoron if I've ever heard one! :)

Va Beach VH Fan
02-17-2005, 03:28 PM

Sorry fellas, but this guy's not Joe...

Not from Alaska either, but not from Butler like Joe..

OrgName: Sprint DSL Network
OrgID: SDSL
Address: 500 N New York Ave
City: Winter Park
StateProv: FL
PostalCode: 32789