PDA

View Full Version : This Says It All - Ac/dc News...

Hardrock69
02-15-2005, 10:10 AM
Back In Black is now the second highest selling album OF ALL TIME FOR ANY FORM OF MUSIC!!!!!

It has sold over 42 MILLION COPIES, compared to that goddam pervert fuck Michael Jackson's Thriller, which has sold 54 million so far.
Used to be other albums were in the number 2 spot, but I predict if MJ Perv gets convicted and sent to the slammer, sales of Thriller will die, while sales of BIB will continue to steamroll along, and will increase when AC/DC goes out on tour later this year or early next year.

This is only slighly relevant to this thread (hey...I am hijacking my own thread in the first post! :D )
Can you imagine the convicts at ANY prison MJ Perv gets sent to? They will beat the crap outta each other to be able to say "I FUCKED MICHAEL JACKSON IN THE ASS!!!!" or "I FORCED MICHAEL JACKSON TO SUCK MY DICK!!!"

I just wanna see that Joan Crawford wannabe sent to the slammer to be ass-raped repeatedly.....

loss of fools
02-15-2005, 02:43 PM
ac/dc had better go on tour soon i realy want to see them.

ODShowtime
02-15-2005, 04:00 PM
yeah, where the hell are they? I haven't seen anything about them since Toronto 2003.

Figs
02-15-2005, 04:04 PM
Huh? Did it sell 23 million since June 2004?

http://www.infoplease.com/ipea/A0151020.html

loss of fools
02-15-2005, 04:10 PM
last show i know they did was a one of special show in london in october. tickets sold out in a few mins though so i couldent get tickets.

DLR7884
02-15-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Figs
Huh? Did it sell 23 million since June 2004?

http://www.infoplease.com/ipea/A0151020.html

I was wondering how it could have sold over 30 million....much less 40.

DLR7884
Good call.

Shaun Ponsonby
02-15-2005, 04:28 PM
It may have been because of the recent reissues that they have sold an extra 28 million worldwide.

As for an AC/DC tour, they have an album (apparently called 'Strap It On') scedueled for release this year, and Angus said that they "will definately tour to support" it.

ANGUS! ANGUS! ANGUS! ANGUS! ANGUS! ANGUS! ANGUS! ANGUS! ANGUS! ANGUS! ANGUS! ANGUS! ANGUS! ANGUS! ANGUS! ANGUS!ANGUS! ANGUS! ANGUS! ANGUS! ANGUS! ANGUS! ANGUS! ANGUS! ANGUS! ANGUS! ANGUS! ANGUS! ANGUS! ANGUS! ANGUS! ANGUS!

DLR_EngineRoom
02-15-2005, 05:46 PM
This only goes to show that the general society of human beings on planet earth hereby prefer "Shoot To Thrill" to "Thriller".

Don't need no hearse 'cause I'll NEVER DIE!

BITEYOASS
02-15-2005, 06:50 PM
Well the best part is that MJ's thriller album already got beat by The Eagles "Greatest Hits 1971-1975" album! LOL

Panamark
02-16-2005, 01:40 AM
Im guessing we all know that Thriller was the only reason "1984" wasnt the biggest selling album of that year !

Hardrock69
02-16-2005, 01:49 AM
The figure 42 Million was sposted at some AC/DC fansite on the front page.

I did see an article in Billboard magazine a couple of years ago where they got a bunch of awards all at the same time because they had worldwide albums sales topping 80 MILLION records.

Note....I think you guys are thinking about domestic (US) sales. The 42 Million figure sounds like it would be for all sales world wide.

Dan
02-16-2005, 02:11 AM
Fuck yeah AC/DC fucken Rocks.

singerman
03-07-2005, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
yeah, where the hell are they? I haven't seen anything about them since Toronto 2003.

and thats why we never get tired of them!....they show up..do the album and tour then vanish....been like that since i can remember,true rockstars...untouchable

Matt White
03-08-2005, 01:23 AM
Just got the FEB 2005 issue of CLASSIC ROCK .

I think half the reason that BACK IN BLACK sold so many copies is that it is a tribute to that OTHER incredible frontman BON SCOTT .

BON & DAVE, what a concert that DAY ON THE GREEN had to have been! Imagine the backstage hijinks!!!:D

Samsonite
03-08-2005, 02:14 AM
I'm positive we're talking about worldwide sales...

It was just certified double diamond like...last year.

Panamark
03-08-2005, 02:59 AM
LOL at that Tommy Lee comment on that magazine cover.

"Dont Film Yourself" "Tommy Lees Sex Tips"

Somebody should teach old Tommy the art of encryption, and not
to leave his tapes laying around !!

Panamark
03-08-2005, 03:01 AM
BTW, BON RULES !

I would love to see AC/DC surpass MJ.

(Even if it is a non-Bon album)

bueno bob
03-08-2005, 03:40 AM
Well, they've all got a HELL of a long way to go before they beat "Best of Both Worlds"!

So, tell us Sam, how many copies has it sold to date?

"Thirty eight gazillion, two hundred thousand million billion! And that was in the first week, BAY-BAY! 'Cuz the REAL Van Halen fans know when it's love, and they KNOOOOOOOW that it's ALWAYS 5150 time!"

bueno bob
03-08-2005, 03:41 AM
Sorry to ruin the thread, but you gotta admit that that was pretty fuckin' funny! ;)

Rikk
03-08-2005, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
"Thirty eight gazillion, two hundred thousand million billion! And that was in the first week, BAY-BAY! 'Cuz the REAL Van Halen fans know when it's love, and they KNOOOOOOOW that it's ALWAYS 5150 time!"

LOL!!!!

"That's right. It's sold more than all the Dave albums put together...and that's in the first day of sales. Uh!! Hello bay-bay!!!!!!! Woo-hoo!!!! In fact, Dave called me the other day and told me how much he loves UP FOR BREAKFAST. I promised him I wouldn't tell anyone he felt that way, but I'm saying it right now! We're back...Sammy, Mike, Eddie and Alex...and because the fans said so. Hell, most polls show that I am the singer of choice. My era outsold Dave's era six to one, my era had the only Number One albums! And when you turn on the radio, you head IT'S ABOUT TIME...you don't hear RUNNIN' WITH THE fuckin' DEVIL!!!:mad: Uh!!"

bueno bob
03-08-2005, 03:50 AM
And if you think that's bad ass, wait til you see the NEXT tour! We're totally incorporating EVERYTHING that's been great about my tremendously succesful solo career and what's been great about Van Halen since I joined - we're including songs like "Eagles Fly", "Give to Live", "One Way to Rock", "Three Lock Box", "I Can't Drive 55" and "Deeper Kinda Love" with all the Van Halen classics, like "Why Can't This be Love", "Dreams", "When it's Love", "Right Now" and "Take Me Back"! There'll be some surprises, too, 'cuz we're gonna cover a lot of the shit that hasn't been played for years, like "Heartbeat", "Entering the Danger Zone", "Dock of the Bay", "I've Done Everything for You", "Red"...oh man, it's gonna be HOT! IT MAKES ME SO HOT TO THINK ABOUT HOW HOT IT'S GONNA BE! Jeez, man, we don't even NEED to play any of that other guys stuff 'cuz we're gonna tear the roof off that mother fucker with Van Halen ballads and my solo stuff! OH, IT'S GONNA SMOKE 'EM ALL, BROTHER! OH YEAH!"

wiseguy
03-08-2005, 04:02 AM
As for an AC/DC tour, they have an album (apparently called 'Strap It On') scedueled for release this year, and Angus said that they "will definately tour to support" it.

Hey, where did you get this information, I went to their official site and all it says is the DVD "Family Jewels" is set for release on March 29th. Nothing about a new album. You bring out Ac/dc news you better be able to support it. I am dying for a new album.

bueno bob
03-08-2005, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by wiseguy

Hey, where did you get this information, I went to their official site and all it says is the DVD "Family Jewels" is set for release on March 29th. Nothing about a new album. You bring out Ac/dc news you better be able to support it. I am dying for a new album. \

Well, to play devil's advocate, I heard something about a new album through Sony music that was supposed to be due "sometime in 2005", but never got an actual working title...so there's been some word flying around...I wouldn't imagine that they're planning on touring if they haven't got anything new to present, but...fuck, what do I know...

It'll be what it'll be.