PDA

View Full Version : Kerry Backs Bush's $81.9 Bln War Spending Plan

Pink Spider
02-16-2005, 08:47 AM
http://www.prisonplanet.com/Pages/Feb05/150205_Kerry_backs_Bush.html

Reuters | February 15 2005

Democratic Sen. John Kerry, whose baffling explanation of votes on Iraq war funding hurt his 2004 White House bid, said on Tuesday he would back President Bush's new $81.9 billion request for Iraq and Afghanistan.
"I think we're in a very different situation," Kerry told reporters. "I'm going to vote for this ... I think this money is important to our being successful and to the completion of the process."

The Massachusetts senator, who failed in his bid to unseat Bush last November in an election focused on national security, defended his decision to not back the president's previous request to fund military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"Mine was the right vote at the time and I wouldn't change it if we went back to that point in time because it was the right vote," Kerry said. "We didn't have a plan and they didn't spend the money correctly."

In October 2003, a year after voting to support the use of force in Iraq, Kerry voted against an $87 billion supplemental funding bill for U.S. troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. He did support an unsuccessful alternative bill that funded the $87 billion by cutting some of Bush's tax cuts.

In March last year as the presidential campaign heated up, Kerry provided his Republican opponents with political ammunition when he sought to explain the move by saying: "I actually did vote for the $87 billion before I voted against it."

"Should we have done a better job, could I have done a better job personally in fighting back on defining that?" Kerry asked. "The answer is yeah."

Kerry said the United States would have made better progress on Iraq, where an insurgency continues to rage almost two years after the March 2003 invasion, if he had been elected. He asserted the Bush administration was only now "trying some of the things" he proposed such as focusing on training Iraqi forces and getting other countries involved.

"I think my security proposals for the country were smack on, dead on," Kerry said.

Bush's request is expected to be approved by lawmakers despite concerns in the U.S. Congress about record federal budget deficits.

Warham
02-16-2005, 08:48 AM
The flip-flopping never ends.

:D

blueturk
02-16-2005, 01:32 PM
This IS fucked up.

poop
02-16-2005, 01:36 PM
who cares what kerry supports or doesn't support.

Nickdfresh
02-16-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by poop
who cares what kerry supports or doesn't support.

He supports welfare Joe, you outta thank him douche breath.

Warham
02-16-2005, 02:05 PM
Isn't Kerry married the Heinz heiress worth some 200 million dollars?

I'm sure he's concerned about Joe while he's windsurfing.

Big Train
02-16-2005, 06:13 PM
Try a billion and change on for size..his REI equipment bill is paid in full.

Further proof Kerry had no plan on Iraq, although I'm sure he will defend this by saying "it's the right thing to do for the people of Iraw and the soliders", etc...

Nickdfresh
02-16-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Isn't Kerry married the Heinz heiress worth some 200 million dollars?

I'm sure he's concerned about Joe while he's windsurfing.

Joe THUNDEROCKS? He's Kerry's gay rights poster child!

Nickdfresh
02-16-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Pink Spider
http://www.prisonplanet.com/Pages/Feb05/150205_Kerry_backs_Bush.html

Reuters | February 15 2005

Democratic Sen. John Kerry, whose baffling explanation of votes on Iraq war funding hurt his 2004 White House bid...In October 2003, a year after voting to support the use of force in Iraq, Kerry voted against an $87 billion supplemental funding bill for U.S. troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. He did support an unsuccessful alternative bill that funded the $87 billion by cutting some of Bush's tax cuts...

In March last year as the presidential campaign heated up, Kerry provided his Republican opponents with political ammunition when he sought to explain the move by saying: "I actually did vote for the $87 billion before I voted against it."

Sure, of course what's always left out of the famous flip-flopping charge is that the weapons meant to be funded by the $87B were not then available anyways. We were merely putting the 'car on order with a down payment' so to speak.

Because after all, "You don't go to war with the Army you have, not the one you ought to have." --Donald Rumsfeld

Then again, if Iraq was secured properly with good War Planning, they would never have needed the additional funding anyways!

Kerry WOULD have voted for the weapons had it actually mattered (they had been ordered before the War was launched by Dubya and Rummy), but it was a protest vote since things were, and are, going to shit. Not to mention how the Republicans played politics with American soldiers lives by spamming the bill with a bunch of unrelated, superfluous partisan bullshit.

Let's leave those inconvenient facts out so stupid Americans that don't read enough parrot catchy tunes like "FLIP-FLOPPER" and ironically vote for the wrong guy, for exactly the wrong reasons.

Goddamn you John Kerry! You killed 1,450 Americans, 100K Iraqis, and counting!
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/2086000/2086046.standard.jpg