PDA

View Full Version : Thank You!

JuniorsGrades
02-15-2004, 01:26 AM
It is such a relief to find original VH fans. I'm new here and I have been over at the VH forums and it's just such a downer over there. I hate them all! I hate that people think that VH with Hagar is some kind of reunion. Fuck them...Songs like Why Can't this be Love, When It's Love, Right Now, and my personal favorite How Many Say I (I'm being sarcastic about this one), how does anybody get into this shit unless your just into top 40 crap.....People say that VH has had more #1 hits with Sam....Who gives a shit??? Everybody knows that the best songs on any album are not the hits...which leaves nothing left with Sam in the band....What happened in '96 has really changed they way I think about VH. There will always be only one Van Halen and that's the Mighty Van Halen.....with DAVID LEE ROTH....and nobody can make me think any other way.
Everytime I listen to the radio it's always VH with Roth. I NEVER hear VH with SAM....Nobody cares about them....One word describes VH with Him.....BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SoCalChelle
02-15-2004, 02:29 PM
FYI...."How Many Say I" wasn't Sammy, it was Gary. ;)

JuniorsGrades
02-15-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by SoCalChelle
FYI...."How Many Say I" wasn't Sammy, it was Gary. ;)

I know...i was just trying to think of all the crap Ed has written over the years since Dave left....

Panamark
02-15-2004, 04:38 PM
What the Spamheads seem to forget, is that 1984 was released at the same time as the biggest selling album in History. None of Van Hagar's number one albums would have come even close if released against that same opposition. The Hagar albums might have peaked at number one in very quiet times, but they sure dissapeared of the charts just as quickly. The most important thing to look at is the enduring quality of the music, ie: people wanting to buy the shit long after radio stations have finished making it flavour of the week. And we all know who wins this hands down.

In fact the numbers are so stacked in Dave's favour I can never figure out why the Spamheads bring this argument up ?? They obviously all carry the same mathematical genius of their leader.

ThrillsNSpills
02-15-2004, 07:16 PM
The spirit and attitude of the original lineup can't be matched with any other singer.

It was a completely different band with Sammy. The music wasn't the same. It didn't pack the same punch.

I can't fathom how anyone could think it's better during the Sam era,
unless they're wearing tube socks maybe.

SoCalChelle
02-15-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by JuniorsGrades
I know...i was just trying to think of all the crap Ed has written over the years since Dave left....

Ok then, just checkin' :)

Seshmeister
02-15-2004, 08:27 PM
Some fuckwit posted the other day at the VH Forums that the band was called 'Van Halen' not 'Roth'.

He obviously didn't even realise that Roth named the band.

If the Van Halen sisters had even 1 spine beween them they would have renamed the band after Fat Sammy joined since it produced entirely different music aimed at the REO Speedwagon, Loverboy, Gloria Gaynor market.

Cheers!

:gulp:

rustoffa
02-15-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Some fuckwit posted the other day at the VH Forums that the band was called 'Van Halen' not 'Roth'.

He obviously didn't even realise that Roth named the band.

If the Van Halen sisters had even 1 spine beween them they would have renamed the band after Fat Sammy joined since it produced entirely different music aimed at the REO Speedwagon, Loverboy, Gloria Gaynor market.

Cheers!

:gulp:
The statement alone (the band was called 'van halen' not 'roth') just solidifies the self-conscious,self-doubting,egg mc muffin-shoveling mantra they try so hard to refute.