PDA

View Full Version : Texas executes man who killed his mother and three others

SammySucks1984
02-18-2005, 09:50 AM
HUNTSVILLE, Texas (Reuters) -- A man convicted of killing his mother and three other people in a dispute over money was put to death by lethal injection Thursday in a Texas prison.

Dennis Bagwell, 41, was the third person executed this year in the state, which leads the nation in carrying out capital punishment.

He was condemned for killing his mother, Leona McBee, 47, and three others in her mobile home near Stockdale, south of San Antonio, on September 20, 1995.

The victims were shot, stomped, choked and beaten to death because, according to testimony by Bagwell's girlfriend, he asked his mother for money and she gave him only $20.

Bagwell has said he did not commit the crime, but made no mention of it in his brief final statement while strapped to a gurney in the Texas death chamber.

"I love you all. All right, Warden, I'm ready," he said.

For his last meal, Bagwell requested a beefsteak with A1 sauce, six pieces of fried chicken, barbecued ribs, two hamburgers, a pound of fried bacon, a dozen scrambled eggs, french fries, onion rings, salad with ranch dressing, peach cobbler, ice tea, milk and coffee.

He was the 339th person executed in Texas since the state resumed the death penalty in 1982, six years after the U.S. Supreme Court lifted a national ban on capital punishment.

The state currently has 10 more executions scheduled this year.

Hardrock69
02-18-2005, 11:12 PM
Right on. I am all for it, if they can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt a person is guilty.

THAT motherfucker deeserved to die! He was using up valuable resources the rest of us can use to party!!!
:D

Rikk
02-18-2005, 11:20 PM
I'm against the death penalty. But I still wouldn't lose sleep over a sack of shit like that guy.

rustoffa
02-18-2005, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by SammySucks1984

For his last meal, Bagwell requested a beefsteak with A1 sauce, six pieces of fried chicken, barbecued ribs, two hamburgers, a pound of fried bacon, a dozen scrambled eggs, french fries, onion rings, salad with ranch dressing, peach cobbler, ice tea, milk and coffee.

Talk about letting yourself go...

Rikk
02-18-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Talk about letting yourself go...

I know. Made me sick just reading it.

Roth & Roll
02-19-2005, 06:12 PM
How does a 41 year old have a 47 year old mother?

What kind of sick fuck would bang a 6 year old?

Rikk
02-19-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Roth & Roll
How does a 41 year old have a 47 year old mother?

What kind of sick fuck would bang a 6 year old?

No, the mom was 47 when she was killed 10 years ago. The guy was executed the other day at the age of 41. So he is 16 years younger than his mom.

Roth & Roll
02-19-2005, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
No, the mom was 47 when she was killed 10 years ago. The guy was executed the other day at the age of 41. So he is 16 years younger than his mom.

A- Ha.. I didn't know that. Now it makes sense. His mom was a little whore who bore a bastard son that turned on her.

He should be gassed unless there is solid irrefutible evidence lacking.