PDA

View Full Version : Best Voices of Rockroll of all times ...

Calderone
02-18-2005, 07:33 PM
Well nowadays the voices of rock really arent there anymore..
we can not name any new band with a fuckin killer voice "a la old school" bluesy or raspy voice with soul and personality...
my list ? :

1 David Lee Roth
2 Gene Simmons
3 Steven Tyler
4 Vince Neil
5 Bon Scott and Brian Johnson
this guys are classic guys ...but since them...
who else ?

Jack68
02-18-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Calderone
we can not name any new band with a fuckin killer voice "a la old school" bluesy or raspy voice with soul and personality...
my list ? :
ROGER DALTREY/PAUL RODGERS
1 David Lee Roth
2 Gene Simmons
3 Steven Tyler
4 Vince Neil
.[QUOTE]Originally posted by Calderone
[B] Well nowadays the voices of rock really arent there anymore..
my list ? :

1 David Lee Roth
2 Gene Simmons
3 Steven Tyler
4 Vince Neil
who else ?

Ya got # 1 and #5 right.Outside of that kill yourself now .If 2-5 are classic in you ipod i am speechless son.Could careless about your status.Infuckinsane statement.No hate in these words though.

Big Troubles
02-18-2005, 08:41 PM
KD Lang. :D

Jack68
02-18-2005, 08:45 PM
Roger Daltery/KD Lang/Paul Rodgers..:D
Vince Neil?:confused: Gene Simmons?(love kiss)you forgot joe elliott.

Hardrock69
02-18-2005, 11:00 PM
Note: The following expressed opinions do not necessarily reflect the views of the management, moderators, admins, users, kewl peepul, ducks, orangutans, fruitbats and badgers of www.rotharmy.com.

Any similarity between the characters depicted in this motion picture and any other person(s) living or dead is purely coincidental.

Gene Simmons? Are ya fucking Nuts?

That guy can't sing his way out of a paper bag!!!!

Vince Neil sucks ass (as a vocalist).

Rob Halford could out-sing anyone back in the day. Now he is a shadow of his former self. But I still say he is (for his past work) the top dawg in Rock Singing.

I say to all of you right now that Ann Wilson of Heart is the VERY BEST Rock VOCALIST there is in the music biz today. If anything her voice is stronger than it was in the 70s....I saw Heart last year, and she blew my ass away!

Yes, Paul Rodgers kicks ass, and I want to see him this coming summer with Queen. But Ann Wilson is better.

Other past favorites in ROCK music: Ian Gillan, David Coverdale, Glenn Hughes, Jizz E. Pearl, Bon Scott, Robert Plant, Bruce Dickinson.

David Lee Roth.

BIG FUCKING NOTE!: I consider Dave to be more of a "performer & Entertainer". Technically speaking, he is not a great vocalist. I prefer listening to people who can sing their asses off.

BUT, He is still THE MAN!!! there never was, there is not, nor will there EVER be anyone like Uncle Dave.

Outside of Rock Music, kd lang, Tony Bennett, Buddy Guy (kickass guitarist, but that guy can sing like TEN motherfuckers!!!!!!), Maria Callas, Luciano Pavorotti, Sting, Frank Sinatra (Saw him in Long Beach in 1991 and he was fucking cool as hell!!!), Jim Morrison,

If you could get someone who could sing with the piercing intensity of Rob Halford in the 1980s, the raw open bluesiness of Robert Plant in the early 70s, the shouting ability of Phil Anselmo in the 90s, who had a stage presence 1/10th as badass as Diamond Dave, then you would have the greatest rock vocalist of all time.

But so far, we have just had a lot of individual facets to the "Total Rock Vocalist Package".

:cool:

Calderone
02-18-2005, 11:03 PM
i understand...but do you really think that g simmons
voice is not cool ?
the 70s gene voice rules

rustoffa
02-19-2005, 12:00 AM
DLR
Robin Zander
Phil Mogg
Bon Scott
The fucker from Kansas
Rob Halford
Don Brewer
Phil Lynott

This shit could go on and on...

Zander's screams are underrated.

Matt White
02-19-2005, 12:17 AM
Layne Staley
Scott Weiland
Chris Cornell
Eddie Vedder
Kurt Cobain

Lemmy
Bruce Dickinson
George Jones

Rikk
02-19-2005, 01:50 AM
Ronnie Van Zant
David Lee Roth
Bon Scott
Kurt Cobain
Jim Morrison
Iggy Pop
Chris Cornell
Van Morrison
Freddie Mercury
Scott Weiland

SoldMySoul4RnR
02-19-2005, 05:09 AM
Im surprised it took so long to mention Freddy Mercury, that guy could sing like nobody's business.

I know Dave is not a technically brilliant vocallist but I just fucking love the sound of his voice. Its so damn unique, nobody can sing like that...NOBODY. His voice has plenty of personality and just sounds cool period.

Gene Simmons' voice gets on my nerves at times, but sometimes I like it. Paul Stanley can sing like a motherfucker, his vocal range is WAY better now than back in Kiss' golden era, I think he's the only original member of Kiss who not only still has it, but gotten better with age, the other originals are shadows of their former selves now.

By the way, anyone else agree that Peter Criss is an underrated vocalist? I dig that raspy smokey thing he's got goin on.

Jano
02-19-2005, 07:12 AM
Dave
halford
di anno
freddy
plant
gillan
coverdale
vedder
but now i like Matthew Bellamy from Muse!

Soul Reaper
02-19-2005, 08:56 AM
Freddie Mercury
DLR
Lemmy
Matt Bellamy
Bon Scott
Brian Johnson
Bruce Dickinson

Mishar_McLeud
02-19-2005, 12:28 PM
WTF with you guys listing Kurt Cobain?

Noddy Holder is the best voice of all times!

academic punk
02-19-2005, 12:34 PM
Morrissey.

Soul Reaper
02-19-2005, 12:35 PM
I forgot about Noddy. Yeah, he's awesome! I forgot about Robert Plant as well, which is pretty stupid!

academic punk
02-19-2005, 12:36 PM
how about steppenwolf? the guy from the animals or the standells? johnny rotten is distinctive as fuck. screaming trees.

of today's boys, I would say Ryan Adams and Justin Hawkins rank.

oh, and Jack White and the guy from Queens of the Stone Age.

Shaun Ponsonby
02-19-2005, 01:37 PM
As good as he is, I don't think Dave's voice can match Freddie Mercury's or Jon Anderson's (that doesn't take away his greatness, though).

Freddie Mercury
Jon Anderson
Glenn Hughes
Noddy Holder
David Coverdale
Rob Halford
Bruce Dickinson
Roger Daltery
Scott Weiland
Paul Rodgers
Justin Hawkins (whether you like the falsetto or not, he can really hit the notes live)
Ronnie Dio
Jack Black

Rikk
02-19-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by SoldMySoul4RnR
By the way, anyone else agree that Peter Criss is an underrated vocalist? I dig that raspy smokey thing he's got goin on.

Hell yeah. Criss has a very cool voice (but I hate when he sings ballads).

DrMaddVibe
02-19-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
Ronnie Van Zant
David Lee Roth
Bon Scott
Kurt Cobain
Jim Morrison
Iggy Pop
Chris Cornell
Van Morrison
Freddie Mercury
Scott Weiland

add

Maynard James Keenan

Joe Jackson

Ian Anderson

Bono

and that's a perfect list!

Soul Reaper
02-19-2005, 02:28 PM
Phil Mogg (UFO) had a great rock n' roll voice, in my opinion.

Roguesgirl
02-20-2005, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Rikk
Ronnie Van Zant
David Lee Roth
Bon Scott
Kurt Cobain
Jim Morrison
Iggy Pop
Chris Cornell
Van Morrison
Freddie Mercury
Scott Weiland

nice list. I agree with most all of these but, Cobain's voice never did much for me.
I love Paul Rodgers, and I also like Chris Robinsons voice and Kevin Martin.
Axl was decent back in the day

Rikk
02-20-2005, 01:36 AM
NIRVANA will always be one of my very favorite bands. His voice on UNPLUGGED is amazing and haunting.

I really like PAUL RODGERS too. His work with FREE especially is amazing.

Panamark
02-20-2005, 01:49 AM
Come on ??

Where the fuck is OZZY OSBOURNE !

Rikk
02-20-2005, 01:50 AM
With SABBATH, yes. Solo...I have to admit I think he lost most of his sense of danger by the mid-80s. But in SABBATH he was the God of evil...and you could practically smell the liquor on his breath on tunes like INTO THE VOID and SYMPTOM OF THE UNIVERSE.

Panamark
02-20-2005, 06:45 AM
I hope you are not referring to Blizzard and Diary ??

(THe Randy Rhoads albums ?)

EbDawson
02-20-2005, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Robin Zander

Zander's screams are underrated.

Yeah, Zander's a pretty good call.

blueturk
02-20-2005, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

I say to all of you right now that Ann Wilson of Heart is the VERY BEST Rock VOCALIST there is in the music biz today. If anything her voice is stronger than it was in the 70s....I saw Heart last year, and she blew my ass away!

I'll admit Ann Wilson can sing like hell, but a fat chick singing about fucking just doesn't do much for me.

cwsmith17
02-20-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Calderone
my list ? :

1 David Lee Roth
2 Gene Simmons
3 Steven Tyler
4 Vince Neil
who else ?

Shaun Ponsonby
02-20-2005, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Come on ??

Where the fuck is OZZY OSBOURNE !

Ozzy's voice has always been shite.

loss of fools
02-20-2005, 04:32 PM
most of the above but also

cooper and mustaine

both have quite unsual voices but realy work with the music. both are agresive but they are also good at being more sutle

cooper- only women bleed
mustaine- use the man

blueturk
02-20-2005, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by loss of fools
most of the above but also

cooper and mustaine

both have quite unsual voices but realy work with the music. both are agresive but they are also good at being more sutle

cooper- only women bleed

"Only Women Bleed"?! Give me a fucking break! Try "Halo Of Flies" or "Is It My Body", and throw away your Barry Manilow records.

scottydabodi
02-20-2005, 09:11 PM
Great Rock Singer = John Fogerty.

I could sit here all day and all night listing the greats like Mercury, Halford, Plant, Gillan, Dio... but Fogerty gets overlooked a lot, and he fucken rules. Keep Rothin', MattWhite!! BANG BANG!!!

degüello
02-21-2005, 04:35 PM
Billy Gibbons

degüello
02-21-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by scottydabodi
... Fogerty gets overlooked a lot, and he fucken rules...

Yeah, Fogerty had a great beltin'-it-out rock voice, for sure.