PDA

View Full Version : We'll hit back hard - Iran

ELVIS
02-19-2005, 01:25 AM
February 18 2005 (http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=3&art_id=vn20050218083034900C520249)

Tehran: Iran warned yesterday of a fast, crushing response to any attack on its nuclear facilities, saying after a day of clashing reports about a blast heard in the south that retaliation for a hostile strike would be so strong there could be no doubt as to what had happened.

Wednesday's explosion near Deylam was said on Thursday to have been from construction work on a dam. Previously it had been explained as friendly fire in military exercises or a fuel tank dropped from an Iranian plane.

Defence Minister Ali Shamkhani was quoted by state-run radio yesterday as saying that the explosion was not an attack, but that any hostile action would result in decisive Iranian military action.

"Any time the Iranian nation watches our crushing response to the enemy, they should know that one of our nuclear or non-nuclear facilities has been attacked," Shamkhani was quoted as saying.

He added that "any aggression" against Iranian facilities would "meet a swift reaction".

Iran said the explosion, near Deylam was the result of construction work.

"The sound of Wednesday's explosion was due to road building operations in the mountainous region of Deylam for the Kowsar Dam," Deputy Interior Minister for Security Affairs Ali Asghar Ahmadi said yesterday.

The explosion prompted fears of a missile attack, and though the United States and Israeli officials denied any involvement with the blast, it lifted oil prices and showed unease about the international confrontation over Iran's nuclear programme.

The US accuses Iran of having a secret programme to make nuclear weapons. Iran insists its nuclear activities are for peaceful energy purposes.

Israel has warned that it may consider a pre-emptive strike against Iranian nuclear installations along the lines of its 1981 bombing of an unfinished Iraqi nuclear reactor near Baghdad.

US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has said a military strike against Iran was "not on the agenda at this point", but President George W Bush has said his administration would not take any option off the table.

On Wednesday, Iran's Intelligence Minister, Ali Yunesi, said that the US had been flying surveillance drones over Iran's airspace to spy on its nuclear and military facilities.

His remarks backed up a report on Sunday in the Washington Post that quoted US officials as saying the drones had been flying over Iran for nearly a year to seek evidence of nuclear weapons programmes.

In December, the Iranian air force was ordered to shoot down any unknown flying objects. At the time, reports said that Iran had discovered spying devices in the drones that its air defence force had shot down.

:elvis:

Little_Skittles
02-19-2005, 01:39 AM
oh great..........man why we gotta fuck with everyone? I don't blame them for having them. Bush is lying through his A##. We the people need to take our safety into our hands no one speaks for me or attacks anyone on behalf of me. That's it i'm outta here stupid americans i hope you all get what is coming to you.

ELVIS
02-19-2005, 01:50 AM
Calm down, sweetie...

Little_Skittles
02-19-2005, 01:50 AM
i'll try but living in a government such as this it's hard not to be mad.

ELVIS
02-19-2005, 01:58 AM
No, girl...

I believe that you may have given your ear to the wrong people...

Have faith...

The truth will be revealed to you...

Try not to judge...

:elvis:

Little_Skittles
02-19-2005, 02:01 AM
hahah the people i gave my ear to were the government. Now i know that was a bad choice. But i'm making the right choice i'm on god's side screw everyone else coz i only need him. As for the judging part oh it's hard but i guess i have a seat on the fence.

frets5150
02-19-2005, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Little_Skittles
oh great..........man why we gotta fuck with everyone? I don't blame them for having them. Bush is lying through his A##. We the people need to take our safety into our hands no one speaks for me or attacks anyone on behalf of me. That's it i'm outta here stupid americans i hope you all get what is coming to you.

YUP YOU SAID A MOUTHFUL IN THAT LITTLE PARAGRAPH :D

ODShowtime
02-19-2005, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Little_Skittles
oh great..........man why we gotta fuck with everyone? I don't blame them for having them. Bush is lying through his A##.

sounds like Little Skittles started paying attention.

BigBadBrian
02-19-2005, 10:26 AM
Little Skittles has referred to "Stupid Americans" several times now. Sounds like Sesh. Wonder what nationality she really is. :rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
02-19-2005, 10:34 AM
The Iranians can hit us back. I see a scenario where Iranian agents and Revolutionary Guards troops infiltrate Iraq to stir up shit.

Little_Skittles
02-19-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Little Skittles has referred to "Stupid Americans" several times now. Sounds like Sesh. Wonder what nationality she really is. :rolleyes:

That would be for me to know. Plus it doesn't matter what nationality i am.

Little_Skittles
02-19-2005, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by frets5150
YUP YOU SAID A MOUTHFUL IN THAT LITTLE PARAGRAPH :D

yes i know. I wanted to get my point across. I'm tired of my government always making decisions for me.

I can't vote so therefore i think my life should be in my hands i don't like the thought of nuclear war.

One push of a button is all it takes and i'm dead. Two countries n.korea, iran and i've heard something about syria. Who's going to do it? Maybe their bluffing maybe not. Nukes affect everyone.