PDA

View Full Version : Bands and Mp3s of forum members

Big Fat Sammy
02-19-2005, 01:46 PM
There seems to be alot of musicians here these days...lets hear what you sound like! Post your mp3 links...band pages...etc....

If there already is a thread like this, then point me in the right direction cause I want to hear what DLR fans are playing. I think there used to be one for the bands of members.

Anyway, here's music from my band that will be playing tonight!

http://www.soul-fm.net/audio.htm

It's all original rock and soul...I'm the guitar player.

dannysimcox
02-19-2005, 05:48 PM
This me, one man band, check it out http://dannysimcox.dmusic.com

cheers:)

Coyote
02-19-2005, 06:04 PM
http://www.netikka.net/uzidiesel/

(Most of it in finnish...)

Big Fat Sammy
02-19-2005, 06:09 PM

Hell yeah!!! Thats sweet dude.

Very Vai like smooth playing, and GCSE Music Piece 1 reminds me of that John Fruciante solo album (who oddly enough was a HUGE DLR Vai era fan.)

I learned "For The Love Of God" not too long ago...I could never play it straight through live though...but some good ideas to rip off are in there! :D

Very good job, yall check 'em out and keep 'em comin'

Big Fat Sammy
02-19-2005, 06:17 PM

Uzi Diesel!!! Now were talkin'

We got some talent in here.

Coyote, are you the left handed guitar player? And what the hell is a confederate flag doing in Finland? :D

Coyote
02-19-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy

Uzi Diesel!!! Now were talkin'

We got some talent in here.

Coyote, are you the left handed guitar player? And what the hell is a confederate flag doing in Finland? :D

Yes, I'm the lefty. :)

And don't start with the flag, there's already been a debate 'bout the flag...
(It was there at the gig. Part of the decor, I guess.)

Coyote
02-19-2005, 06:48 PM
To be exact, the confederate flag came over to Finland along with the rockabilly-resurgence somewhere in the mid-70's.

Big Fat Sammy
02-19-2005, 06:52 PM
there's already been a debate 'bout the flag...

I bet there has :D :D :D

"Be proud you're a rebel 'cause the south's gonna do it again!" (Thats a Charlie Daniels song) :D :D :D

Good job, you guys sound like what alot of bands around here TRY to sound like.

Keep those MP3s coming yall!

Big Fat Sammy
02-19-2005, 06:54 PM
To be exact, the confederate flag came over to Finland along with the rockabilly-resurgence somewhere in the mid-70's.

Interesting, that makes sense...I learn something new everyday.

smaz
02-19-2005, 07:52 PM
www.audiostreet.net/downsize

Two recordings that were done on a tape player at our last gig, in a pub at the beginning of Feb...

kentuckyklira
02-20-2005, 07:43 AM
www.pinkslip.de

Eyes of the Night
02-22-2005, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by Coyote
(Most of it in finnish...)

Hey Yote, that solo is wicked broham ... smooth yet agressive! Niice ... for song #1 ...

Eyes of the Night
02-22-2005, 03:28 AM
Smaz, phat bass lines my bre phizat! I really dig your sound ... you play the bass like it was inteded to be played ... bottom heavy chunky shit ... awesome indeed!

You play bass right?:o ...lmao:D

And Yote, is that solo JUMP influenced at all? I hear it for some reason a little bit or so I think I do ...

Coyote
02-22-2005, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by Eyes
And Yote, is that solo JUMP influenced at all? I hear it for some reason a little bit or so I think I do ...

Nah, I don't think so... There's some influence from somewhere, but I can't put my finger on it...

Panamark
02-22-2005, 05:13 AM
Everytime this thread pops up (which it has many times). I try to
warn you talented MoFos about songwriting and copywriting.
You post this shit in the public domain, and its good stuff, dont
cry if you hear some other fuck ripping it off...

This forum is public.

Eyes of the Night
02-22-2005, 06:40 AM
Ah yes, Pana "the wise":D ... and everytime he posts that same post everytime this thread comes up I hafta tell him he's so wise ... reminds me to fookin' start copywriting indeed ...

I smell another thread topic coming on ... maybe even a 101 type thread;) ...

Eyes of the Night
02-22-2005, 06:56 AM
Nah, I don't think so... There's some influence from somewhere, but I can't put my finger on it...

I tell you what though, that run throughout the first half or so of the solo we like to call SHREDDING my bre's! Nice licks dude;) ... in fact I think you just SMOKED uncle Elvis with that lead on the 1st song!!! I'm calling it now:p ...

Cheers with beers

Eyes of the Night
02-22-2005, 07:01 AM

I tell you what though, that run throughout the first half or so of the solo kids is what we like to call SHREDDING my bre's! Nice licks dude;) ... in fact I think you just SMOKED, uncle(the other lefty) Elvis, with that lead on the 1st song!!! I'm calling it now:p ...

I can't shred with licks ,,, my finners and eye hand cordination suck of slowliness and therefore left with poserness ...

Chopin', yeah I CHOP/HACK and battle my way through, therefore I'm what we call up here as maybe a state of being, GRUNGIFIED ... although Cantrell can smoke the holiest of waters!!! indeed ...

smaz
02-22-2005, 03:04 PM
Smaz, phat bass lines my bre phizat! I really dig your sound ... you play the bass like it was inteded to be played ... bottom heavy chunky shit ... awesome indeed!

You play bass right?:o ...lmao:D

I do play bass indeed lol :)

Cheers for the comments :D I played clean, no EQs or anything that night. I thought my bass sounded a bit tame to be honest, not too bassy. But hey, if it sounds good, then it doesn't matter :D

smaz
02-22-2005, 07:41 PM
Big Fat Sam, you might wanna compress your files a bit if possible, they're very big. Too big for someone with Dial-up, proably.

I'll take a look when I've got time to download them.

smaz
02-22-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by dannysimcox

cheers:)

Very nice, True Beauty's cool :)

Nice recording, well put together. Good job!!!

smaz
02-22-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by kentuckyklira
www.pinkslip.de

Very nice :D

Sounds a little Sabbathy... Which is good :)

DeadOrAlive
02-22-2005, 08:51 PM
I've got one track... i need to get a website to host it on!! I'll get it up soon for you guys!!

smaz
02-23-2005, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by DeadOrAlive
I've got one track... i need to get a website to host it on!! I'll get it up soon for you guys!!

Try www.audiostreet.net if you can't find anywhere....

An example: www.audiostreet.net/downsize :D:D:D

kentuckyklira
02-23-2005, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by smaz
Very nice :D

Sounds a little Sabbathy... Which is good :) Our singer´s one hell of an Ozzy fan. We play Bark at the Moon at most of our gigs. He can sing that one to one.

He can also do a great Tom Keifer (Cinderella) cover.

Stay tuned for more.

Big Fat Sammy
02-23-2005, 11:47 AM
Big Fat Sam, you might wanna compress your files a bit if possible, they're very big. Too big for someone with Dial-up, proably.

I'm not the "webmaster" of that site just the fuckin' guitar player. :D

Yes, those are WAV files...don't know why he did that.

Anyway...you can download these...my "solo" stuff...alot more guitar solos than the soul fm stuff...

www.soundclick.com/tazztoni (http://www.soundclick.com/tazztoni)

Click on "music" on the right.

smaz
02-23-2005, 02:42 PM
As a recommendation, get hold of the webmaster and either try to get him to change them to MP3, or compress them.

Both The Floor and Polly Wanna are over 30MB! That's about 10 times the average MP3 file length.

And the solo stuff... Nice recordings. Funkadelic.... Indeed :)

Big Fat Sammy
02-23-2005, 07:21 PM
Thanks Smaz, I will tell him.

I can't get yours either ... its says...

Song Play Error

An error occurred while attempting to play the selected song. The error reported was: Deep linking to songs on AudioStreet is only allowed for premium artists. If you received this error by mistake, please restart your browser (Code 100).

Any recommendations?

smaz
02-23-2005, 07:48 PM
No idea on that one, the sites blocked from this PC, my mums work laptop which has internet filters...

Try typing in the address? It sounds like it thinks you followed a link directly to playing the song, which is wasn't.

Coyote
02-25-2005, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Everytime this thread pops up (which it has many times). I try to
warn you talented MoFos about songwriting and copywriting.
You post this shit in the public domain, and its good stuff, dont
cry if you hear some other fuck ripping it off...

This forum is public.

That's been covered on my end... All the songs have been copyrighted.
(Two months go if I recall correctly, by our singer.)

Coyote
02-25-2005, 01:56 AM
I tell you what though, that run throughout the first half or so of the solo kids is what we like to call SHREDDING my bre's! Nice licks dude;) ... in fact I think you just SMOKED, uncle(the other lefty) Elvis, with that lead on the 1st song!!! I'm calling it now:p ...

I can't shred with licks ,,, my finners and eye hand cordination suck of slowliness and therefore left with poserness ...

Chopin', yeah I CHOP/HACK and battle my way through, therefore I'm what we call up here as maybe a state of being, GRUNGIFIED ... although Cantrell can smoke the holiest of waters!!! indeed ...

Some people say that I run on the ol' fretboard, I say I stumble on it like a humble man. :)

Big Fat Sammy
02-25-2005, 12:42 PM
Some people say that I run on the ol' fretboard, I say I stumble on it like a humble man.

lol That solo sounds like EVH used to say "falling down the stairs and landing on your feet". THATS what makes it exiting!

Coyote
02-25-2005, 12:53 PM
Personally I like the guitar sounds on those tracks...

Coyote
02-25-2005, 01:01 PM
Anyway, here's music from my band that will be playing tonight!

http://www.soul-fm.net/audio.htm

It's all original rock and soul...I'm the guitar player.

Great material ya got there, BFS! http://bbs.myunreal.com/imagestore.php?id=101

So funky that the Surgeon General's gonna slap on a warning... :cool:

Big Fat Sammy
02-25-2005, 02:05 PM
So funky that the Surgeon General's gonna slap on a warning...

Put a glide in your stride, a dip in your hip, and come on to the mothership. Gettin' down in 3-d, so groovy that even I dig me.

Thanks Coyote!

Here's a pic of the other band I'm in...the legendary Four Mints!

http://www.cowtownmusic.com/4mints/4mints.jpg

Coyote
02-25-2005, 02:25 PM
Put a glide in your stride, a dip in your hip, and come on to the mothership. Gettin' down in 3-d, so groovy that even I dig me.

Thanks Coyote!

Here's a pic of the other band I'm in...the legendary Four Mints!

http://www.cowtownmusic.com/4mints/4mints.jpg

"Make my funk the P.Funk, I want my funk uncut"

Hang on, I gotta put my sunglasses on so I can see what I'm doin'...
(It's a great album, "Mothership Connection", that is.)

Nice pic, man. Trés chic... :cool:

Great music, too. Nothing like good ol' fashioned soul music...

smaz
02-25-2005, 06:16 PM
Coyote, your band's the only one that I've not listened to :(

The site's blocked on here, so I can't get to 'em.

Any chance of you emailing them to me? If so, I'll PM you my addy...

Cheers.

Atomic_Rob
02-26-2005, 08:46 PM
That's been covered on my end... All the songs have been copyrighted.
(Two months go if I recall correctly, by our singer.)

How did your vocalist copyright your songs?

Coyote
02-27-2005, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Atomic_Rob
How did your vocalist copyright your songs?

Via the Finnish version of ASCAP, Teosto. (Can't remember the details...)

jackassrock
02-27-2005, 10:56 AM
http://www.jackassrock.com/sounds.html

We're mixing our new record at this time. If you could give some feedback about the recording of T-top TA, I would appreciate it.

Coyote
02-27-2005, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by smaz
Coyote, your band's the only one that I've not listened to :(

The site's blocked on here, so I can't get to 'em.

Any chance of you emailing them to me? If so, I'll PM you my addy...

Cheers.

Sorry, dude, I don't have the capacity in my e-mail account for that... :(

smaz
02-27-2005, 05:21 PM
:(

Could anyone else email them to me???

turboblues
03-01-2005, 06:23 PM
I guess I might as well post some guitar sounds from me too!

www.pulstguitar.be/userfiles/fretboard_masturbation.mp3

www.pulstguitar.be/userfiles/ego_tripping.mp3

Just some samples of me jamming.

Cathedral
03-19-2005, 12:11 AM
I found a nugget from a 1988 rehearsal tape that i figured i'd add here. It was posted before on the old site so some of the old school members may recognize this one.
This is Prodigy in 1988 playing our first original as a band called, "All Alone".

Prodigy - All Alone (http://www.drackopolis.net/01_-_All_Alone-1.mp3)

Right Click, Save Target As...

Big Fat Sammy
03-19-2005, 02:32 PM
Thats cool....I wouldn't have guessed that to be 1988 though, as it has an alternative vibe. Ahead of it's time!

Big Fat Sammy
03-19-2005, 02:36 PM
We're mixing our new record at this time. If you could give some feedback about the recording of T-top TA, I would appreciate it.

Sounds great to me! Not a bad song. Good mix and guitar tones. Les Paul and Marshall I bet?!!

Cathedral
03-19-2005, 05:41 PM
Thats cool....I wouldn't have guessed that to be 1988 though, as it has an alternative vibe. Ahead of it's time!

It was popular in it's day. we got lots of attention on that one song alone. of course it became more polished between '88 and '91 as that was as long as that band lasted.

The one cool thing about that band that stands out is that we played a club called Bogarts exactly one week after David Lee Roth played there, lol.
I always said that i wanted to play on the same stage as Van Halen, well, I was able to cross Dave off that list, lol.

As for the other 3 guys, I'd prefer to play a club one week "before" them, lol.

So, we were alternative before alternative was cool...I like that, thanks!

jackassrock
03-20-2005, 12:14 PM
Bogarts is in my neck of the woods. Nice club, we played there w/ Buckethead recently. That boy can PLAY.

And Sammy, what else would you use to record guitar ? A Les Paul and a Marshall is where it's at (actually the lap steel is running through a Fender Bassman w/ a sans amp, but that's another story).

Big Fat Sammy
03-20-2005, 02:33 PM
And Sammy, what else would you use to record guitar ? A Les Paul and a Marshall is where it's at (actually the lap steel is running through a Fender Bassman w/ a sans amp, but that's another story).

I used a Marshall JCM600 for a long time...but recently a 40w Traynor. I can't get funky on a Les Paul at all, maybe because they weigh more than me! lol Tonight it will be a 52 reissue tele with a cheap "premier" strat copy neck...it's my latest fav.

Bogarts is in my neck of the woods.

This is turning into The Musicians that are Roth fans from Ohio Forum!

C-Bus Columbus Cowtown Ohio here!

jackassrock
03-20-2005, 04:23 PM
I use tele's too.

Truth be told that's a tele track on the left and a Les Paul on the right. With a strat for the solo.

JCM 800 Lead 2 head, or something like that. I wish I could get my sound out of a combo though. I think that somebody once said that rock and roll is mostly about lugging big back boxes from one side of town to the other.

Cathedral
03-28-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by jackassrock
Bogarts is in my neck of the woods. Nice club, we played there w/ Buckethead recently. That boy can PLAY.

It's a college town for sure, babes-a-plenty atmosphere, lol.
The only thing i don't like about it is it is a skinny club, but the stage is mucho excellent to jam on.
Hey, is the elevator still in operation?

A little scary to load in and out of too, lots of strange characters hanging out back there.

jackassrock
03-29-2005, 09:36 AM
Yup, there's crackheads galore out back, but they've got guys around to load out for you. I believe somebody got stabbed back there last summer.

Good times...