PDA

View Full Version : Steele Asks For Apology From Howard Dean

Steve Savicki
02-21-2005, 10:10 AM
http://www.thewbalchannel.com/news/4205922/detail.html

ANNAPOLIS, Md. -- Lt. Gov. Michael Steele is calling for an apology from Howard Dean, the new chairman of the Democratic National Committee.

Steele took issue with Dean for telling what Steele described as a "racist" joke to the Democratic black caucus.

During a meeting Friday with the black caucus in New York, Dean praised black Democrats for their work for the party, then questioned Republicans' ability to rally support from minorities.

"You think the Republican National Committee could get this many people of color in a single room? " Dean asked to laughter. "Only if they had the hotel staff in here."

Steele, Maryland's first black lieutenant governor, called the remarks "racially insensitive and intolerable."

He said Democrats wonder why they are losing ground among African-Americans and other minorities, and they need look no further than Dean's remark.

Oh no, this isn't good. Democrats need as much support as possible.
I don't believe Dean is a racist. I think something was just worded wrong or taken the wrong way.

FORD
02-21-2005, 10:53 AM
I see they conveniently left out the part where Steele is a Republican and a Busheep.

Anyway, this is a duplicate thread, Steve. Gonna close it down before the FAUX zombies crap all over it.

And Dean is no racist. The point he made was a valid one, he just might have chosen different words to express it.