PDA

View Full Version : Its just a message board... or is it?

Stella
02-21-2005, 04:37 PM
You hear it all the time. Its just a message board!

I take offense to that. I have seen a few message boards. You post a message, you come back in a few days to see if there was a response... there may be one or two...

This is more a hub of social activity. You post a message, and before you can log out you probably have 3 or 4 responses and fight going on about them!

We have a great mix of people at this site. All ages, nationalities, political and religious affiliations.

Some posters make you laugh... some piss you off.. some make you think. Some make you think you are nuts. :D

I agree that this place is no substitute for real life, but I want to know how many people agree that its more than just a message board.

Give my your thoughts.

And, if you are brave... what I am really curious about is how many of you post as yourself... are pretty much who you are in real life... and how many of you play a role here. Say and do things you would not otherwise do... Do you think of your Army mates as real people, or do you see everyone here as Arielle and Sarge's Little Helper?

Carmine
02-21-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Stella

And, if you are brave... what I am really curious about is how many of you post as yourself... are pretty much who you are in real life... and how many of you play a role here. Say and do things you would not otherwise do... Do you think of your Army mates as real people, or do you see everyone here as Arielle and Sarge's Little Helper?

I post as I am. Granted, the words on the screen are just that, but there IS a real person typing them somewhere. I also see your point, which is one, if not THE reason, I think an ARMY "get-together is a good idea.

This is definitly MORE than just a message board! And I for one, Love it!!

lms2
02-21-2005, 04:51 PM
Thanks Carmine.

I post as myself... and so does my alias. We just don't get real creative.

Good luck on your Army get together!

Rikk
02-21-2005, 04:53 PM
I think for some, this place is more than just a message board...case in point, this thread's author.

Carmine
02-21-2005, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by lms2
Thanks Carmine.

I post as myself... and so does my alias. We just don't get real creative.

Good luck on your Army get together!

Anytime...

Fabulous Shadow
02-21-2005, 05:05 PM
I have alot of friends here as well as alot of enemies. At the end of the day, it's just a message board to me.

DLR7884
02-21-2005, 05:10 PM
It's just a message board, and it's supposed to be FUN.

If you all met me in real life, I'd have to tell you who I am.....once you knew me I'd be the smartass you know me as here.

DLR7884
I'm a dick like that.

Big Troubles
02-21-2005, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
I have alot of friends here as well as alot of enemies. At the end of the day, it's just a message board to me.

you have enemies here? no... :D

boobs please. patiently waiting. LMAO!

Carmine
02-21-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
It's just a message board, and it's supposed to be FUN.

If you all met me in real life, I'd have to tell you who I am.....once you knew me I'd be the smartass you know me as here.

DLR7884
I'm a dick like that.

Who would a thunk!:D

ZahZoo
02-21-2005, 06:12 PM
I contain my multitude of personailities to one user name... It is what it is...

Rikk
02-21-2005, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by ZahZoo
I contain my multitude of personailities to one user name... It is what it is...

You mean you're not Katydid either?:D

Big Troubles
02-21-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by ZahZoo

;) For you to "poop on"... How's ZZ doin'?

smaz
02-21-2005, 06:41 PM
I'm me. Obviously :D

I post as I would talk pretty much.

And I'd say this is probably a message board to some, but much more to others. The people who think it's much more appreciate this place as it should be. I'd say it's a hangout, like a club or something. Most importantly, it's a community. We all talk with each other, about each other, to each other. Rather than everyone being users, everybody is a person. There's a very personal touch to this place. I come on here whenever I go on the internet. I keep on the page, refresh it once in a while. It keeps me entertained :D

katie
02-21-2005, 06:45 PM
It's just a message board.
It wouldn't be rock n roll with out a bit of conflict.

Hey! i'm only serious when i'm crying

Anonymous
02-21-2005, 07:20 PM
Well, for me this just a message board... But God damn, it's THE BEST ONE I've ever been to! Let's just say I had absolutely NO web life before this.

I pretty much post like I'd talk and think - with a few exaggerations here and there. Got nothing to hide, am proud of who I am, and if you don't like me fuck off.

And voted 4.

That's pretty much it. Thank you very much ladies and gentlemen... Goodnight!

Cheers! :bottle:

Stella
02-21-2005, 09:43 PM
Yeah... to all of you.

Some people have drugs and/or alcohol. I just log on. You people are always a trip! ;)

Some people have soap operas, reality tv or sit coms. I think the Army is a mixture of all three. (I don't watch tv... but I used to read (acutal books and things) a lot more than I do now. :D

I know a couple couples who have found happiness here. Unless of course they are just aliases hiding behind a key board... Haven't heard from them yet...

Glad to know I am not the only one who don't have anything to hide from my fellow army members.

Rikk
02-21-2005, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Stella
Glad to know I am not the only one who don't have anything to hide from my fellow army members.

Lame.

This is a message board. Several people here are only here to talk music, socialize a bit, then log off and go back to real life. That is why the great majority of posters here keep that wall up. That is why almost no one here uses his or her real name as his or her username. That is why most posters have not revealed their pics (you made that unfortunate mistake). That is why we don't all post our addresses and phone numbers in our signature.

This is the internet. It is a message board. It is not real life. I can say confidently that I like a great deal of the posters here very much and think I know them well enough. I consider BOB, MATT, BILL and NICK friends. Same with MAX. Many other posters too. And I am truly fond of posters like NATRA, GOLDEN AWE, CHAINS, POJO, P-MARK...hell, I even like ALLY now. But that doesn't mean that these are people I know the way I know the friends I actually drink with on weekends.

You are troubled, lms2. This thread does not justify anything.

Splooge
02-21-2005, 10:01 PM
Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss, suck some more dik, then "dance monkey dance!!"

Cathedral
02-21-2005, 10:23 PM
Message boards, and my participation in them, is proof that i waste a huge amount of my time.
I can count the boards i have posted on with 3 fingers.

I am who i am, I just don't open up my personal side too much cause when i do it depresses people.
I have a bitter sweet existance where i have just as much going wrong as i do going right.
So i use this forum to get away from reality, but at the end of the day it is only a message board.

My days are numbered here though, work and family life ranks #1 in my life, and as my business grows there will be a day very soon when i will vanish all together.
I used to have all day to spend here, but things change and so do priorities, which no website really ever was or will be for me.

Don't get me wrong, I have met a lot of people here that i could call friend, but the truth is that one day when we all log off for good those acquaintences will cease to exist.
So that begs the question, are any of us really truly friends?

You just have to keep it all in its proper perspective.

Roth & Roll
02-21-2005, 11:14 PM
This place is an emotional tampon for most of us.
It allows us to vent and say things we would never say in the "real world".

Hows that for honesty?

scottydabodi
02-21-2005, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
I post as I am. Granted, the words on the screen are just that, but there IS a real person typing them somewhere. I also see your point, which is one, if not THE reason, I think an ARMY "get-together is a good idea.

This is definitly MORE than just a message board! And I for one, Love it!!

The Big Ragoo nails it again! Before I can even say a word, he has said it all. I'm as real as an epileptic seizure in a Wal-Mart Parking Lot, and I have NO QUESTION that my buds on the Army Message Forums are real as a tornado in a trailer park. Big props to all the RothHardCores!! Accpet NO imitation!! DAVE OR THE GRAVE, BITCH!!

Northern Girl
02-21-2005, 11:35 PM
This used to be just a message board for me until I got to know some people personally; then it became an addictive nightmare. Now it is therapy, fun, family, entertainment, and still somewhat of a nightmare.

MAX
02-21-2005, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Northern Girl
This used to be just a message board for me until I got to know some people personally; then it became an addictive nightmare. Now it is therapy, fun, family, entertainment, and still somewhat of a nightmare.

You rule woman and have helped me a lot as a person. If I ever met you face to face, I'd consider you a true friend just like I do now.

MAX
02-21-2005, 11:47 PM
I also have to agree that this site is a place for all of us to have our own emotional orgasms. We share shit among ourselves that we might not do with our homies. In my "regular" life, I'm probably one of the most boring fuckers you'd ever meet. I'm a slave to my body and I just chill at home with the fam. Here, I get to mingle like college or highschool. Days long gone, you know? Regardless, it's all good cos I've met many STELLAR people while onboard this VH ship over the years and I'm grateful.

Northern Girl
02-22-2005, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by aesop
OK this is MUCH TOO SAPPY...

...Can't either of you at least casually mention 'Nips' or 'lewd and suggestive behavior'?

You see a lot of nips here at the Army too! :D

Dan
02-22-2005, 01:18 AM
I post as Dan because I don't like being called Daniel,only when My Mum comes and visit me.

I call this place my second home as I can be myself without seeing people.I know I will never meet any of my fellow Roth Army members that's the way it's and because i'm so far away from all of the action.

I have learned alot about what you guys get up to in your own worlds and have had fun reading some very crazy stuff.

I have shared with you guys the Love for David Lee Roth and CVH music from a Kiwi point of view.

Roth on.

Long Live David Lee Roth.

Matt White
02-22-2005, 01:24 AM
"a Rose by any other name..."

I walk it like I talk it. It is what it is.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!

lms2
02-22-2005, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Don't get me wrong, I have met a lot of people here that i could call friend, but the truth is that one day when we all log off for good those acquaintences will cease to exist.
So that begs the question, are any of us really truly friends?

Your whole answer was really very good... I edited down just cuz I am like that.

I have made some friends... both here and in real life... that were only friends for a short time, but they made a big difference.

Are any of us really and truly friends who will be there when we move on from this site?

Ask Susie Q... or Sweet Secrets. :D

There are some Roth Army folk who have my phone number... or my address. Yeah.. I hope they stay friends when my days here are done... but if they don't its all good. My thoughts and prayers, laughter and tears that I share with them on this day are real... and some days, thats good enough for me!

lms2
02-22-2005, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Roth & Roll
This place is an emotional tampon for most of us.
It allows us to vent and say things we would never say in the "real world".

Hows that for honesty?

:lol:

I will take that kind of honesty over the little trolling games people like to play any day of the week.

You can vent and say things here that you would never say in the real world... but they are YOUR real thoughts and feelings... so for some of us then, would we be MORE real here than in real life?

Carmine
02-22-2005, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by smaz

And I'd say this is probably a message board to some, but much more to others. The people who think it's much more appreciate this place as it should be. I'd say it's a hangout, like a club or something. Most importantly, it's a community. We all talk with each other, about each other, to each other. Rather than everyone being users, everybody is a person. There's a very personal touch to this place. I come on here whenever I go on the internet. I keep on the page, refresh it once in a while. It keeps me entertained :D

Slam Dunk right there! Roth on Smazzer!!!

Carmine
02-22-2005, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Northern Girl

Therapy, fun,family entertainment and a nightmare all rolled into one!!

Sounds like Classic VH...Dave would be proud of his "Soldiers" here, I think!!:cool:

Carmine
02-22-2005, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by scottydabodi
The Big Ragoo nails it again! Before I can even say a word, he has said it all. I'm as real as an epileptic seizure in a Wal-Mart Parking Lot, and I have NO QUESTION that my buds on the Army Message Forums are real as a tornado in a trailer park. Big props to all the RothHardCores!! Accpet NO imitation!! DAVE OR THE GRAVE, BITCH!!

...an epileptic seizure in a Wal-Mart Parking Lot....LOL!!!

...a tornadoe in a trailer park....LMAO!!!

ROTH ON, Scotty!!

smaz
02-22-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
Slam Dunk right there! Roth on Smazzer!!!

:D

Carmine
02-22-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by smaz
:D

back at ya...:D