PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks sign Hasselbeck...poised to franchise Alexander

POJO_Risin
02-22-2005, 11:20 AM
I'm not a big Seahawks fan...in the least...

but they took care of business...and in doing so...get another year to sign Alexander...

Hasselbeck reportedly agrees to stay in Seattle

The Seattle Seahawks, faced with the challenge of signing two high-profile players on the verge of free agency, have reportedly agreed to terms with quarterback Matt Hasselbeck on a new contract, according to a report in the Seattle Times.

The newspaper says the deal was agreed upon (by both sides) Monday night, but is not yet official. The team is expected to hold a Tuesday press conference to announce the signing, although the terms of the new deal are not known.
However, The Times, citing sources close to the contract negotiations, reported Hasselbeck was seeking a deal that is similiar to Chad Pennington's seven-year pact worth $64 million. That deal also included $23 million in bonus money.

The re-signing of Hasselbeck, a Pro-Bowl player in 2003, effectively allows the Seahawks to use the franchise tag on running back Shaun Alexander.

Hasselbeck was rated 17th among NFL passers last season with an 83.1 overall rating. He completed nearly 59 percent of his passes for 3,382 yards, 22 touchdowns and 15 interceptions. He is the highest rated passer in franchise history.

Hasselbeck is overrated...period...as is Pennington...

Eyes of the Night
02-22-2005, 12:39 PM
We NEED recievers da most ... glad they got rid of the president of operations and pretty much cleaned house leaving a franchise coach in Holgrem busting out another tear for next year i guess ... and 17th is overated? buwahaha! That VH beany a lil tight around your nogin there Risin? ... niiice

steve
02-22-2005, 12:55 PM
why would they want to sign Tim Hasslebeck?
He's got a weak arm, he's bald, and that wife from The View is ANNOYING.

Bad move.

POJO_Risin
02-22-2005, 01:10 PM
Um...Eyes...I don't know if you've regressed a bit on the drug program...

but in a league of 30 teams...

17th would be...on the wrong half of the leagues best...

so yeah...17th would be overrated...he's not a winner...never will be...

if he gets Pennington bucks...well...both are overrated...so maybe they are the going rate for overrated...

ALinChainz
lol

MATT Hasselbeck, the guy they got from Green Bay and who has been their QB for a couple seasons now.

Eyes of the Night
Buwahaha!!! ...

MATT hasslestick my bre!:D

Eyes of the Night
02-22-2005, 01:12 PM
Dood, Chainz ... you gotta stop following me!!! that's twice already within what 10 mins posting at da same time? ... holy hellarious batman ...

ALinChainz
02-22-2005, 01:14 PM
Waiting for you to pass me that doob!

Eyes of the Night
02-22-2005, 01:14 PM
Yeah Risin', the drugs ... because I just shot Chainz down thinking it was a dif thread unless you spliced them ... tricky bastard!;)

Eyes of the Night
02-22-2005, 01:16 PM
Yeah Chainz, I'm so bad at rolling I'm gonna have to start a 101 thread in NON on how to roll phizat doobies ... lmao

Eyes of the Night
02-22-2005, 01:19 PM
Faking hellarious ... It IS a dif thread than the baseball one ... oh my, and am just about to go into "overblitzed" with all these tracer like posts because this fucking crystal is blowing my mind ... specially now ... that or I'm hella rusty at my posting skills ,,, the ones that DONT thrill;) ...

Mezro
02-22-2005, 03:27 PM
Well at least Matt can now afford some hair.

Mezro...that guy looks like such a gerbil stuffing pussy...

monkeythe
02-22-2005, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin

Hasselbeck is overrated...period...as is Pennington...

All he does is hit his receivers in the hands with the ball, it's not his fault they suck. Look at his final play of the season. Fourth down, no time left, down by 7, scrambling due to a rush & is able to hit his receiver in the hands. If his receiver catches the ball he is clutch. This being Seattle, the fucker drops the pass and Hasselbeck is overrated.

I'm happy Seattle could keep the big 3 free agents. Hopefully, they get rid of Robinson & pick up some receivers that want to play the game & learn from the best player of all time, Mr. Jerry Rice.