PDA

View Full Version : Iran Quake

Guitar Shark
02-22-2005, 01:02 PM
Iran is part of the alleged "axis of evil." But there is a humanitarian crisis. Should the U.S. government offer aid?

Nickdfresh
02-22-2005, 01:05 PM
Yes.

knuckleboner
02-22-2005, 01:33 PM
we did after the Bam earthquake in december of 2003.

this shouldn't really be any different.

ODShowtime
02-22-2005, 01:39 PM
No. They rejected our aid offer last time so fuck them.

FORD
02-22-2005, 03:27 PM
Since the seismic activity was probably enabled by repeated bombings of the neighboring country, it's the least we could do.

VanJay011379
02-22-2005, 03:30 PM
Yes.

Warham
02-22-2005, 03:37 PM
Yeah we should.

They will take the money we donate, then divert it to train new terrorists to go to Iraq to cause more trouble.

ODShowtime
02-22-2005, 04:07 PM
I'm the only "no" so far? I guess BBB's been out today...

Little_Skittles
02-22-2005, 05:43 PM
Yes do unto others as you'd have them do unto you. Acts of kindness are rewarded.

Cathedral
02-22-2005, 11:54 PM
Yes, just not in money form.
send food and whatever else they need, but nothing they can easily funnel into terrorist funding.

My compassion is for the people of the country, not the government.

Dr. Love
02-23-2005, 12:36 AM
Nah

Nickdfresh
02-23-2005, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
send food and whatever else they need, but nothing they can easily funnel into terrorist funding.

I agree with that. I've heard what they really need is heavy construction equipment like frontend-loaders and backhoes to dig out the victims and clean up the mess.

twonabomber
02-23-2005, 09:03 AM
more dead Middle Eastern people=less suicide bombers.

fuck 'em.

;)

Nickdfresh
02-23-2005, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by twonabomber
more dead Middle Eastern people=less suicide bombers.

fuck 'em.

;)

I don't recall any Iranian suicide bombers.

twonabomber
02-23-2005, 09:07 AM
yet.

Dr. Love
02-23-2005, 09:08 AM
yet

Dr. Love
02-23-2005, 09:08 AM
Creepy.

Angel
02-23-2005, 02:57 PM
The Red Crescent already said they don't need any help.

YAWN
02-23-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
I don't recall any Iranian suicide bombers.

I don't recall there being a list.

Nickdfresh
02-23-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by YAWN
I don't recall there being a list.

Actually, you might have me there. The Iranians DID sponsor the bombing of the Marine Barracks in Lebanon. You know the one we did nothing about because it was easier to bomb Gadhafi? I don't believe we ever even publicy accused them of it.

Other than that, the Iranians themselves have not engaged in suicide bombing. They do, as does Syria, support Hezbollah and other Palestinian groups. However, I don't believe they have had any direct involvement with the insurgency, since "their" people have been elected to the Iraq Government.

ODShowtime
02-23-2005, 04:27 PM
Actually, you might have me there. The Iranians DID sponsor the bombing of the Marine Barracks in Lebanon. You know the one we did nothing about because it was easier to bomb Gadhafi? I don't believe we ever even publicy accused them of it.

Other than that, the Iranians themselves have not engaged in suicide bombing. They do, as does Syria, support Hezbollah and other Palestinian groups. However, I don't believe they have had any direct involvement with the insurgency, since "their" people have been elected to the Iraq Government.

Well, we'll never know how many suicide drivers used in Iraq were recruited from Iran, but it has to be some. They have a long history os such behavior. Didn't they used to strap platoons of kids together to run through minefields in the 80s?

Nickdfresh
02-23-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
Well, we'll never know how many suicide drivers used in Iraq were recruited from Iran, but it has to be some.

Very few if any, and it was not government policy.

They have a long history os such behavior. Didn't they used to strap platoons of kids together to run through minefields in the 80s?

Yes. But they were at a significant military disadvantage because Iraq was well supplied and funded by the Soviets and assorted others. What the Iranian Revolutionary Guards did was disgusting and inexcusable, but they were desperate having only numbers to use against the Iraqi's weapons.

In any case, I think it's pretty flawed to say any of the Iranians that died in the quake were going to become suicide bombers.

ODShowtime
02-23-2005, 04:52 PM
In any case, I think it's pretty flawed to say any of the Iranians that died in the quake were going to become suicide bombers.

Hey, I'm not arguing with that.

Little_Skittles
02-23-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral

Yeah there exatly what i was trying to say.

Angel
02-23-2005, 05:56 PM
They already said they don't want or need any help.

Little_Skittles
02-23-2005, 05:59 PM
really? hmm i would be inclined to think otherwise.

twonabomber
02-23-2005, 06:01 PM

guilty by association.

did i already say fuck 'em?

Little_Skittles
02-23-2005, 06:22 PM
I hope you suffer.

Angel
02-23-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Little_Skittles
really? hmm i would be inclined to think otherwise.

I heard on the news this morning that the Iranian branch of the Red Crescent has stated that they can take care of it, and they don't need any help. Surprised me too.

Little_Skittles
02-23-2005, 07:00 PM
Whatever and now my life goes on, coz i'm self centered. so ya.

ODShowtime
02-23-2005, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Angel
I heard on the news this morning that the Iranian branch of the Red Crescent has stated that they can take care of it, and they don't need any help. Surprised me too.

Because they're afraid of spies.

twonabomber
02-23-2005, 09:14 PM
I hope you suffer.

me? thank you.

Little_Skittles
02-23-2005, 09:24 PM
yes you can't judge people by their nationality or whatever americans seem to have a big problem with that.

BigBadBrian
02-24-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
I'm the only "no" so far? I guess BBB's been out today...

Sorry to be so late in this thread...I had business in DC the past couple of days.

The US gave IRAN more aid than all other nations combined during their last earthquake crisis. We've seen what has transpired and has been said about us by them since then.

To borrow a phrase from FORD:

"Fuck 'em in the ass with a chainsaw!!!!"

Nickdfresh
02-24-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Sorry to be so late in this thread...I had business in DC the past couple of days.

The US gave IRAN more aid than all other nations combined during their last earthquake crisis. We've seen what has transpired and has been said about us by them since then.

[b]"Fuck 'em in the ass with a chainsaw!!!!"

Sounds kinda gay BBB.

ODShowtime
02-24-2005, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

"Fuck 'em in the ass with a chainsaw!!!!"

YES!

Nickdfresh
02-24-2005, 05:28 PM
Sounds kinda gay BBB.

I take that back! Chainsaws are cool! They don't want our help anyways.

twonabomber
02-24-2005, 05:39 PM
yes you can't judge people by their nationality or whatever americans seem to have a big problem with that.

i can do whatever the fuck i want, and that doesn't have anything to do with being American.

JCOOK
02-24-2005, 07:33 PM
FUCK'EM