CARN THE BLUES !!

Time to kick some ass. Wheres BOMBER ??

MAX
02-23-2005, 06:05 PM
Count me in!!! :D

BOMBER
02-23-2005, 06:22 PM
GO BOMBERS

Panamark,I know your thoughts on Lloydy but to really fire me up you have to start bagging the undisputed champ of football himself,the legend that is Jimmy Hird.

This thread will be great in 05 for us all to lock horns,good shit guys.

Grant
02-23-2005, 06:59 PM
http://www.acmp.com.au/portfolios/whitfield/images/Warwick%20Capper.jpg

GO SWANNIES!!!

Va Beach VH Fan
02-23-2005, 08:02 PM
Aaah, Australian football....

Watched the hell out of it in the early days of ESPN....

SweetSecrets
02-23-2005, 08:06 PM
ARE YA BLIND, REF.....YA WHITE MAGOT!?!

Panamark
02-25-2005, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by BOMBER
GO BOMBERS

Panamark,I know your thoughts on Lloydy but to really fire me up you have to start bagging the undisputed champ of football himself,the legend that is Jimmy Hird.

This thread will be great in 05 for us all to lock horns,good shit guys.

James Hird is a great player. He doesnt stage like Lloyd. I respect
his abilities.

(Bet that surprised ya !) ;)

Panamark
02-25-2005, 04:55 AM
CARN THE MIGHTY CARLTON BLUES IN 2005 !

Panamark
02-27-2005, 07:51 AM
Another win to the Mighty BLUES in the pre-season comp....
Not getting too excited, but top 8 is a possibility for the
first time in years....

ashstralia
02-27-2005, 08:22 AM
we all know i'm an nrl guy.

so i guess i'll have to barrack for.......

GO SWANNIES!!!!

BOMBER
02-27-2005, 04:15 PM
Good win by the Blues but the Demons did have a few out.
Lance is back which must give any Blues supporter heart.
Fev got reported - what a surprise.

Panamark
02-28-2005, 12:53 AM
Yeah it was good showing by the blues, who were missing Kouta and Camperoale.

As for Fev, hes getting better and better, Bomber did you see the contact ?? Nothing in it.. In fact the report was overruled..

Carlton supporters can breathe easy after spearhead Brendan Fevola was let off a report for charging, making him free him to take on the Bulldogs in Saturday night's Wizard Home Loans Cup semi-final.

The AFL's Match Review Panel cleared Fevola of any wrong-doing on Monday, after reviewing his high hip and shoulder on Demon Brad Green during the third quarter of Sunday's quarter-final against Melbourne.

The panel, headed by Peter Schwab, found that Fevola's contact was high, but said it could not say categorically that it was careless. It judged that a free kick to Green was the suitable level of punishment for the contact, and said he should have been expecting some form of contact in the circumstances.

BOMBER
02-28-2005, 04:11 PM
The report at the time was a joke,no doubt about it.
Fevola looked good but I still believe he hasn't got it up top to go a whole season like that - hew is talented but lacks self discipline.
Fletcher at the Bombers has been a great full back for us over the years but I still have to question his self discipline at times in his career.
Blues - $11 million loss for last year (pigs arse).

Panamark
03-01-2005, 02:22 AM
Even Lloydy has displayed lack of self discipline on more than one occasion. ;)

Panamark
03-01-2005, 02:27 AM
Cant comment on the loss thing, havent read about that yet. I guess they would be happy to use that kind of info in their push to have home games at the Dome. I knew as soon as Collo became president,
we would end up there. I think they should have played the bigger
games there and at the G (like Carlton V Essendon, Carlton v Collingwood, Carlton v Richmond) and all other home games should
have stayed at Princes Park. (I never got used to calling it optus)

Hey Bomber, I actually remember going to Windy Hill and watching
The Bombers play Carlton. That was a few moons ago :)

BOMBER
03-01-2005, 04:29 PM
I love going to Telstra Dome - especially in the middle of winter when conditions outside are horrendous.You know you should still get a high standard game under the roof.
That being said I do miss footy at the suburban grounds,it had a great little atmosphere to it.
You guys were always difficult at Optus/Princes,now your home ground advantage will be somewhat nullified.
It shouldn't matter that much though - when your good enough you should be able to win anywhere.
Did you grow up in Melbourne mate?

Panamark
03-03-2005, 05:12 AM
Mate, Im pissed off at the Carlton administration. I agree with you
that Carlton always played better at Princes Park (Optus) even when they were down, they always played better there.

Yes ! I was born and bred in Melbourne.

Lived all over Victoria.

Here ya go, you might know some of these places, Im sure.

I was born in Mitcham,
Lived in :

Frankston
The Pines
Bayswater (School)
Ringwood
Warrandyte
Vermont South (School)
Wantirna South
Mentone
Mordialloc
Dingley
Boronia
Phillip Island
Donvale
Box Hill TAFE (School)

I moved around a lot, huh ! :)

I played Footy for Vermont and Heatherdale.
Ironically Heatherdale was a recruiting zone for Essendon
at the time, and I had interest in me. Before a serious
knee injury pretty much ended my footy career in my mid teens.

I loved Carlton growing up, me and my best mate never missed
a game, I still remember all the tribal warfare on the trams and
trains after the games.. hehehehhehe, Hell I can still remember
going to games at Moorabin, North Melbourne, The Western Oval
and good old VFL Park! I dont remember ever going to the Fitzroy or
South Melbourne ovals, although I always felt sad when working
in Melbourne driving past the old Fitzroy ground. I think I saw a game
at every traditional ground except South Melbourne and Fitzroy.

How about you mate ??

Good Memories !!

Panamark
03-03-2005, 05:31 AM
Oh, I havent had the pleasure of going to the DOME yet, but a lot of my old schoolmates have told me all about it, apparently the
atmosphere is really great, (LOUD) and you get a great view from
anywhere, not to mention the obvious advantage of a roof that
closes in shit weather..

Next time Im down south, I must get there..

I was at the Carlton-Collingwood Grand final in 1970
at the MCG with my Dad where they got over 120,000...
(Carlton won !)
There was dudes sitting inside the boundary line it was that
packed.
I was very young so its a bit blurry, but I'll never forget
the roar of the crowd at the first bounce. I do remember
being a bit scared, hahahahha, I seem to remember we
were up really high and the whole ground seemed to move
with the roar of the crowd. In fact I think I was so young Dad
was holding me up for most of the game.

Must have had an impact though, as I ended up supporting
the Blues, my Dad is a huge Essendon fan and dressed me
in Essendon gear until I made up my own mind ! :)

I still remember the glory days of Carlton, Jezza was the
fucking man !!! That mark he took over jenkins in that
Grand final is still one of the greatest ever, in my opinion.

So what ever happened to Paul Van Der Haar, Simon Madden,
Timmy Watson and the Danihers ?? :)

Crikies, talk about reminiscing !!

BOMBER
03-03-2005, 08:38 PM
This will come as a surprise to you,I actually grew up in Adelaide.
I was born in Melbourne though and my parents moved to Adelaide when I was a toddler.Over there you had your SANFL club and you also had your VFL club.My two clubs are Essendon and Glenelg.
When the Crows joined up into the AFL in the early 90s most people understandably jumped on board over there.For me because I was a born a Victorian I stuck by my Bombers mate.I do have a soft spot for the Crows though and hate Port with a passion.
I played a pretty high standard of footy myself back in Adelaide and to stir the pot up a little over there used to train in my Bombers gurnsey.
I moved to Melbourne just over a decade now both for work reasons and for a woman.I don't have the girl no more but still have the job.
Watson is working on radio down here and reads the news for 7 on weekends,the Danihers hold coaching positions,Neale is coaching the Demons.Madden is ruck coaching at Essendon.
Vander is God knows where,that guy was a legend with his drinking and smoking before games back in the 80s.How times have changed in footy.
I think you should have listened to your old man,he sounds very wise.

BOMBER
03-03-2005, 09:02 PM
You lived at Phillip Island?
I live in Noble Park but am frequently up Boronia,Bayswater and FT Gully way,when I first moved to Melbourne that's where I lived.
One of my best mates went to Box Hill Tafe,from what he told me there are/were some tough buggers at that place.

Panamark
03-04-2005, 01:21 AM
Well Guess what !

I was moved to Adelaide as a Toddler and spent my primary school years there. I barracked for Sturt :)
I actually made the state footy side as a young un in Adelaide.

We lived at Henley Beach and then Morphett Vale....
( I remember Glenelg was just up the road from Henley Beach)

I went to Fulham Gardens Primary and Morphett Vale East primary..

;)

Panamark
03-04-2005, 01:23 AM
I remember Graham Cornes being huge in Glenelg at the time, and Paul Bagshaw being the hero at Sturt..

I think there may have been dinosaurs still roaming the earth at that
time :D

Panamark
03-05-2005, 06:28 AM
CARN THE BLUES !! WIZARD CUP GRAND FINALISTS !

Essendon, Melbourne, Bulldogs. Too Easy.

Big game next week. We easily won the right to a home Grand Final.

Brendon Fevola is now the leading goal kicker ever in the
histoy of pre-season comps, beating Tony Lockett on
Saturday night.

Can you feel the love :D

BlueBlood in my veins !!

BOMBER
03-07-2005, 05:22 PM
Way too easy with the opposition teams having half their sides missing whilst you guys go in full strength.
Oh Kouta didn't play,get used to it,his knee will keep him out for a shitload of games this season.
Since when did Carlton get so excited over The Wizard Cup?
I'll take a victory in the first round of the real-deal over the Wizard Cup any year.

BOMBER
03-07-2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
I remember Graham Cornes being huge in Glenelg at the time, and Paul Bagshaw being the hero at Sturt..

I think there may have been dinosaurs still roaming the earth at that
time :D
The SANFL used to be great - I remember the Cornsey years down at the Bay,that was Glenelgs most prosperous time.
I remember you guys having the Jumbo Prince in Rick Davies.

Panamark
03-08-2005, 03:33 AM
Way too easy with the opposition teams having half their sides missing whilst you guys go in full strength.
Oh Kouta didn't play,get used to it,his knee will keep him out for a shitload of games this season.
Since when did Carlton get so excited over The Wizard Cup?
I'll take a victory in the first round of the real-deal over the Wizard Cup any year.

You are right, Ive never been that excited about it either, in fact traditionally Carlton take it easy during this comp. But I guess the
fact that the two finalists last year made it into the top four in the
season proper, is kinda cool. I notice the bookies now have Carlton
and Essendon very close in pricing on making the eight. Havent
seen that for a few years ;)

Panamark
03-08-2005, 03:38 AM
The SANFL used to be great - I remember the Cornsey years down at the Bay,that was Glenelgs most prosperous time.
I remember you guys having the Jumbo Prince in Rick Davies.

I was going to mention Rick Davies, he was a legend. Big Abo dude,
I seem to remember he had a nickname too ?? The Racehorse ???
I remember Bagshaw was Mr Magic.

I also liked South Adelaide. Both Sturt and South Adelaide were
the closest SANFL sides to Carlton. Colours and guernsey wise,
so as a young bloke thats why I followed them. Sturt was a great
team back then.

I also remember Port Adelaide, Norwood, Central Districts and West Torrens (I think) Its been a long time since I checked out the SANFL,
I dont even know if all these teams still exist.. :p

Panamark
03-12-2005, 06:40 AM
CARN THE BLUES !! WIZARD CUP GRAND FINAL WINNERS ! THE MIGHTY BLUES !

In front of 43000 fans tonight the re-emerging Carlton Blues never looked like losing against the much preferred and stronger West
Coast Eagles. In High Summer temperatures that favaoured the
Eagles, the Blues outclassed and out muscled the West Coast at
every corner. A Super 9 point Goal in the last ten minutes by Prendergast sealed the victory.

Brendan Fevola, kicked another 8 goals.

Bring on the season proper.

The Blues are back in town :D

03-12-2005

Panamark
03-12-2005, 06:44 AM
Fevola is starting to look like he belongs in that number 25 guernsey,
the most famous Carlton jumper of all..

Im happy, looking forward to a good showing in the season proper.
Bookmakers have Carlton in the eight. Im not going to get carried
away, but you would have to be blind not to see the improvements
happening. Life is good !!!

Im so happy, heres one for you BOMBER.

Good luck Essendon !!

(Cut and paste and save that my friend !! heheheh)

Panamark
03-12-2005, 07:07 AM
Five years after he announced his arrival on the AFL stage in this competition, Carlton spearhead Brendan Fevola has won the Wizard Home Loans Cup for the Blues with a devastating eight goal haul in Saturday night's grand final against the West Coast Eagles.

Fevola, who first came to prominence when he kicked 12 goals in a pre-season match as an 18-year-old in the 1999 millenium match, was the difference between the two teams as he won the Michael Tuck Medal for best afield in leading the Blues to a thrilling 1.14.18 (111) to 1.11.9 (84) grand final victory in front of more than 43,000 fans at Telstra Dome.

And the Blues did it the hard way showing they now not only possess growing skill and confidence under coach Denis Pagan but also the character needed by top teams after surviving a final quarter scare from the more favoured Eagles' line-up.

The Blues looked home when vice-captain Scott Camporeale, who along with fellow veteran Matthew Lappin led by example all night, booted the opening goal of the final term to put the home side 23 points in front.

But the Eagles, inspired by reigning Brownlow Medalist Chris Judd and returning ruckman Michael Gardiner - then showed why they are rated one of the leading premiership contenders in 2005 by kicking the next four goals to snatch back the lead at the 11 minute mark.

Gardiner booted two of them and there seems little doubt his return from the knee injury, which sidelined him for nearly all of last season, will be an enormous boost for the Eagles in 2005.

But just when the favourites looked set to run away with the game, the Blues showed that their days of being the easybeats of the competition are definitely over.

And when the Blues badly needed a goal to stem the momentum it was Fevola who delivered the goods yet again - after goaling from a free-kick at the 12 minute mark to restore Carlton's lead.

Bouyed on a by a passionate crowd of Blues fans, who are sensing the glory days might be soon returning to this proud club, Carlton then lifted enormously and sealed the game when Ian Prendergast let fly with a monster nine-point goal after intercepting a handball.

There was still time for Fevola to add his eighth as the Blues celebrated their first pre-season cup since 1997.

But the fact this trophy came just three years after the club slumped to its lowest ever ebb, when it collected its first wooden spoon in 2002, makes this latest triumph even more remarkable and even sweeter for Carlton fans so used to success.

It also comes at the start of only Denis Pagan's third year as coach as the dual Kangaroos' premiership coach proves yet again why he is arguably the best coach in the AFL by re-building the Blues into a force so quickly.

And Pagan deserved a lot of credit for the Blues triumph on Saturday night, particularly for the way he was able to set up his forward line to allow so much space for Fevola and Lance Whitnall to work in.

While the Eagles' attack often seemed over-crowded in the first half, Fevola and Whitnall had acres of space in the first half and simply destroyed the visitors.

Fevola booted four goals in the first half and Whitnall two as the Blues jumped to a 22 point lead at half-time.

And such was the constant pressure of the Carlton side, which tackled ferociously, the Eagles were forced into mistakes and conceded two deliberate rushed behinds in the second term which virtually added the equivalent of a goal to the Blues' score.

The Blues' defence was equally heroic with Luke Livingston and Brett Thornton underlining their huge improvement by performing superbly in the two key defensive posts although Thornton's night was soured by what appeared a serious ankle injury in the dying minutes.

And despite 35 possessions from Chad Fletcher and 27 touches and two goals from the brilliant Judd, the Blues' underrated midfield more than held its own with Nick Stevens - who missed his brother's wedding to play in this game - a constant inspiration in finishing the match with 22 kicks.

CARLTON: 0.4.2, 0.8.12, 0.10.15, 1.14.18 (111)
WEST COAST EAGLES: 1.3.3, 1.4.5, 1.7.6, 1.11.9 (84)

NINE POINT GOALS: Carlton: Prendergast
West Coast Eagles: Judd
GOALS – Carlton: Fevola 8, Whitnall 2, Morrell, McGrath, Camporeale, Scotland
West Coast Eagles: Lynch 3, Hansen, Gardiner, Banfield 2, Waters, Judd
BEST – Carlton: Fevola, Camporeale, Lappin, Stevens, Whitnall, Livingston, French
West Coast Eagles: Judd, Fletcher, Banfield, Cousins, Gardiner, Wirrpunda
CHANGES – Carlton: Johnson, Bowyer, Betts, Norman
West Coast Eagles: McConnell, Butler, Jones, Embley
INJURIES – Carlton: Thornton (leg)
West Coast Eagles: TBC
REPORTS - TBC
UMPIRES - McLaren, Meredith, Wenn, Ryan
CROWD - 43,280 at Telstra Dome

BOMBER
03-17-2005, 07:02 PM
Only a week to go before The Real Deal gets underway.
Congrats to Panamark's mob for taking the pre-season goodies.
GO BOMBERS

Panamark
03-18-2005, 03:36 AM
Thanks BOMBER ! and good luck in 2005!

Dave's PA Rental
03-18-2005, 06:07 AM
I wish they still showed Australian Rules Football on ESPN here in the states...GREAT game...

Panamark
03-18-2005, 08:03 AM
Sorry to hear they dont !! :(

I know a lot of American friends, that loved watching it.

audiospectrum
03-18-2005, 08:25 AM
Greetings all, long time.

You know I just can't stand football these days, the spark isn't in the game anymore, now that it's become a mass of flooding and white boots and overhyped commentating. Eddie McGuire is a poor caller of our great game, and the players are overpaid simpletons (most of them anyway). Where's Roth? He'd have made a great footballer!! I'm sorry Australian Rules, Americanizing is no way to go. Ah the gripes of a disgruntled Richmond fan!!

Dave's PA Rental
03-18-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by audiospectrum
I'm sorry Australian Rules, Americanizing is no way to go. Ah the gripes of a disgruntled Richmond fan!!

Alot of American sports fans understand what someone from Australia is talking about when they mention 'football'...just like we know that our 'soccer' is 'football' in the rest of the world.

You dont need to Americanize it.

audiospectrum
03-19-2005, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
Alot of American sports fans understand what someone from Australia is talking about when they mention 'football'...just like we know that our 'soccer' is 'football' in the rest of the world.

You dont need to Americanize it.

Oh sorry fella you are getting me wrong here. My worry is that football is "selling out" in the way that say baseball is in America. With baseball we have:
- naming stadiums after corporations to increase revenue
- shortening fences to promote the power game, therefore moving away from the traditional game and it's roots
- bigger salaries, endless endorsements
- saturation advertising on almost anything
- players changing clubs VERY regularly
and on and on

Now I know people may say that it's just the way we all gotta go but it really does take away from our great game, and I'm a huge baseball fan! (If you've read The Glory Of Their Times you may follow my argument)

Aussie rules football is taking a similar path. The players don't seem to be as loyal, opting for bigger salaries over playing for the same club. The game is hyped up with bumps and huge marks, and I feel this takes away a lot of the tradition of our great game. I guess it's all about exposure, especially to countries like America (who seem to love this sport!)
Call me old fashioned... but I guess you see what I meant, it just aint the same game today, many past players will say this.
Sorry about the Americanize quote, sad but true.
Mostly everyone is chasing the dollar, it's the bottom line. Now I play baseball in Australia because I love it, hell I fork out a shitload of cash to play for my local club, and I would do it for free!! I love the game, I respect the game, it owes me nothing.
I guess a lot of these 'career minded' professionals would rather spend their energy taking instead of giving, it's their choice I guess.

BOMBER
03-20-2005, 04:49 PM
Players have always changed clubs,nothing new is going on there and the game has just become more professional because it had to.
The days of players getting paid crap wages back in th 80s has gone out the door because players now are representing their clubs 24/7.It's not like you just go to training on tuesday and thursday nights and then rock up to play saturday arvos.
The game simply had to go professional once the competition became the AFL and I for one am glad it did.
As for Mcguire,turn down the volume if you don't like his commentary and switch on the radio,Rex is hands down the best caller in the nation and has been for about 15 years now.
I tend to look at the positives of the great game that is AFL and that is record crowds,record tv ratings and a game which happens to be the most popular code of football in Australia because it is the best.
I remember growing up in the 80s and my fathers generation would say footy's not like it was back in my day.Of course it wasn't,with time everything evolves including AFL footy.
I always get excited this time of the year because the greatest game on earth is back in swing.
GO BOMBERS

BOMBER
03-28-2005, 05:38 PM
Now let's see,no wins by Carlton,Collingwood or Essendon.
That's a hell of alot of football fans unhappy over Easter and I'm one of them.
We looked terrible without Lloydy and will have to improve greatly to roll Carlton on friday night,but it will happen.
Just being optimistic P'Mark.

MAX
03-28-2005, 05:43 PM
Fucking Demons!!!

They're still using the mojo that I gave them from last year. Evil creeps.

BOMBER
03-28-2005, 06:24 PM
my friend,they must have stashed some of that mojo you gave them for the 05 season.
They were awesome on saturday night,who knows if they have enough mojo to break the premiership drought.64 was their last.

MAX
03-28-2005, 06:28 PM
Mate,

That's so funny last year how you kept telling me how badly they sucked. Yet, I kept tipping them anyway and they did well. Yep, there's definitely some MAXIMUS MOJO going on there. lol.

BOMBER
03-28-2005, 07:01 PM
Just don't go handing it out to Carlton or Collingwood.
I don't want you to be a Mojo Slut now.This season looks like it's going to be difficult enough,however it will be easier to take if their down their with us.

Panamark
03-29-2005, 12:43 AM
Im Pissed at Carltons first up effort following the Wizard Cup. Although we only went down by 20 points, its one I think they should have won. Good luck for next week BOMBER ! You blokes are without
Llyod, but we have a seriously depleted defence. So it should be a
good even game.

BOMBER
03-29-2005, 10:34 PM
Mate,if your pissed at Carltons first up effort then Jesus Christ,how do you think I'm feeling?
You guys still have firepower to kick goals in Red and Fev,at the moment our forward line is one man in Lucas.
You guys have to be red hot faves but as you know strange things happen in games between our 2 mighty clubs.

Panamark
03-29-2005, 11:05 PM
You can bet it will be a great game. They always are, no matter where either team is on the ladder. The Blues and the Bombers always step up a notch when facing each other. Im looking forward to it. One of us will be on the board this time next week !

BOMBER
04-01-2005, 12:06 AM
Only a couple of hours to go and I'm off to the G.
It's still 30 degrees outside,good cricket weather but not so for footy.
Great drinking weather though,at 5 bucks a cup of beer,the AFL should make a mint tonight.

Panamark
04-01-2005, 03:57 AM
I'll enjoy my $1 a can of beer and watch it on my projector via Austar satellite :)

Panamark
04-01-2005, 03:58 AM
But it would be cool to be there with ya mate, except we would have to beat the shit out of each other :p

Panamark
04-01-2005, 03:58 AM
I'll enjoy my $1 a can of beer and watch it on my projector via Austar satellite :)

(Seeing as Im 1000 kms away)

Panamark
04-01-2005, 08:35 AM
THE MIGHTY BLUES ARE BACK !!!

Essendon and Carlton always put on a top game. Commiserations to
my new mate BOMBER, it wasnt your thirds this time.
Great game, you would have to agree !

28 points down at 3/4 time, Carlton's second best comeback in 200
years of Football against the Bombers, Their Third best comeback in
history against all clubs.

Essendon knew the much faster Blues would come back, and they
did. In front of 56,000 fans at the MCG the Blues kicked 7-2 in the
final term to run all over the top of a very tired looking Essendon
outfit.

In my opinion the Blues looked like they were just pacing themselves
for the entire game, knowing they could run all over the top of
Essendon at the end... Would be interested to hear Bombers thoughts.

(And dont use Lloyd as the excuse my friend ! you have to be able
to field a team without him) Hird was there and Lucas kicked
a bag...

GO THE BLUE BAGGERS !!!

Hey BOMBER ! One of us is on the board !!! GO BLUES !!! :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D

BOMBER
04-03-2005, 07:07 PM
Alright it has been 3 days and the steam has finally stopped blowing out of my ears.
Firstly - congrats to Carlton and to you P'Mark on a great comeback and great win.We always knew it would be close.

I went to the game on friday night and made some conclusions on walking out.
The game should have been over and buried at 3 quarter time,it was the second quarter where Essendon completey and I mean completely dominated the game but failed to capitalise on the scoreboard.
If Carlton was pacing itself,it not only had me fooled but its thousands of fans there at the G who at 3 quarter time had basically conceeded.

I won't rant about the umpiring but Jesus Christ both groups of supporters were scratching their heads for basically the whole game.
Lucas bagged 6 and can feel rightly justified in asking the question in why in the hell he wasn't allowed to line up for 7?

I had a great chance to watch both Fev and Whitnall strut their stuff.
Sorry P'Mark,now that the gun full backs are playing and not sitting out Wizard Cups,Fevola has been brought back to reality.He is definately not Lloyd class and from the way it's looking Lloydy could miss half the year and still win the Coleman.

Your right it wasn't our 3rds,however when you don't have a ruckmen playing and your full forward is missing (the best in the comp),throw our centremen in there in Rioli,things would be a little different.
In the end it was Pagans masterfull coaching move of exploiting our having no ruckmen that won you the game.
He just plonked your ruckmen on your forward line and we didn't have the height to match up.

We certainly showed alot of improvement on friday night from the week before and still have alot left in us.I'm not so sure if Carlton can improve as much.I personally think the Dons will finish higher than Carlton this year.

Bring On those Hapless Hawks this week.

MAX
04-03-2005, 11:36 PM
Shit mate,

I don't even know how I did this week cos I cannot get on the OzTips site. I take it we fookin' lost again eh?

BOMBER
04-03-2005, 11:42 PM
6/8 mate,better than last week for sure.
Unlucky not to get 7.

MAX
04-03-2005, 11:45 PM
How'd everyone else do? What about DIF cos he needs to be dethroned. Did he suck?

BOMBER
04-03-2005, 11:47 PM
He got 5.
We are only 3 off the lead and it is a bunched field.
Early days my friend but we can easily strike from there.

MAX
04-03-2005, 11:51 PM
Can you get on the OzTips site? I keep getting "Try again later."

BOMBER
04-03-2005, 11:56 PM
It's a little slow but I just got in.

MAX
04-03-2005, 11:58 PM
Mine says:

This online tipping service is provided by OzTips.com.

This site is temporarily unavailable due to:

scheduled maintenance.

The site will be online again as soon as possible.

We currently expect this to be by:

11:15 AEST (GMT +10) 4 April 2005

We appreciate your patience.

I also see that I'm sucking vegemite in the rugby tipping.

Panamark
04-04-2005, 12:16 AM
Hey BOMBER !! Good to see ya mate ! :)
Thanks for the gracious congrats !

As for the frees, I agree. There was poor decisions both ways.
Call me crazy, but I never lost hope, even at 3/4 time.
Why ?? We are young, you are old.
I knew Carlton would run better in that last quarter. I knew it
was going to be tough, but I still felt we were a chance. I
watched every minute of the glorious spectacle.

As for Carlton not having room for improvement ?? You are
kidding me right ??? We are the youngest team in the
comp ???? Fevola didnt have his usual impact on Friday, luckily
for you guys otherwise the defeat would have been a lot bigger.

Panamark
04-04-2005, 12:21 AM
Looking forward to the other big traditional clash next week, Carlton v Collingwood !

BOMBER
04-04-2005, 01:27 AM
Hey BOMBER !! Good to see ya mate ! :)
Thanks for the gracious congrats !

As for the frees, I agree. There was poor decisions both ways.
Call me crazy, but I never lost hope, even at 3/4 time.
Why ?? We are young, you are old.
I knew Carlton would run better in that last quarter. I knew it
was going to be tough, but I still felt we were a chance. I
watched every minute of the glorious spectacle.

As for Carlton not having room for improvement ?? You are
kidding me right ??? We are the youngest team in the
comp ???? Fevola didnt have his usual impact on Friday, luckily
for you guys otherwise the defeat would have been a lot bigger.
Mate,his usual impact is alot less than you think.
Granted he plays a good game once in a blue moon but in no way is he consistent like the best full forwards of the game.
Proof is in the pudding when you look at his total goals at the end of the season.Neitz even kicks more than he does.His usual impact is that when he plays against full backs of the quality of fletcher,Micheal and scarlett he is found wanting.
You will improve with those youngsters over time,as the seasons go by.I'm talking about sudden improvement.Having a ruckmen out there will certainly help our midfield,and you know how important Coleman is down there at full forward for us.
Belting the Hawks on sunday should give us a shot in the arm also.

Panamark
04-04-2005, 02:55 AM
G'day BOMBER, well I guess we will have to see the goal tally at the end of the year. Fevola was a handy forward last year, even if he
wasnt the leading golakicker, you cant deny that.

I really hope you beat the Hawks. I dont think my poor father (and no doubt yourself) could take a third loss, and to the bottom side in the
league at that....

I think Essendon (until they are at full strength again) are going to
struggle agianst sides that finish strongly.. but you should be ok
against the Hawks..

Panamark
04-04-2005, 09:23 AM
BOMBER, I just saw on Sports tonight that they are going to try and play Matthew Lloyd against the Hawks ! That should cheer you up :)

BOMBER
04-04-2005, 07:34 PM
Yep I saw that mate.
I don't think he will play though,if it were anyone else but the Hawks he probably would.One more week off wouldn't hurt.
There's a picture of him at training in todays paper.You can actually see the steel plate in his arm when he takes a mark,looks freaky.
Rioli will return this week,this is a huge in for us.

MAX
04-04-2005, 07:35 PM
Bomber,

Who do we play next week?

BOMBER
04-04-2005, 08:06 PM
The Hawks mate (Hawthorn).
They haven't beaten us in 7 years and are currently woefull.
I have alot of great mates who are Hawks supporters and they think they are going to roll us on sunday (dreamers).
They were our arch rivals in the 80s,we played off in 3 consecutive grand finals in 83,84 and 85.
They won the first one in 83 but we went back to back in 84,85.
We were 21 points down at 3 quarter time in 84 and it looke like we would lose.We stormed home to win our first flag since 65,that game is the reason I became a Bomber,it is one of my first memories of exactly understanding what football meant to so many people.

Panamark
04-09-2005, 07:03 AM
Fuck, back to earth..

Im amazed, almost all of the ladder exept the top three have won
only one game..

After tomorrow there will be only one left on 0. Methinks Hawthorn....

Congrats to Collingwood, no excuses, the better team on the day.

Panamark
04-10-2005, 04:17 AM
Congrats Bomber ! On the Board :)

You can join in with the other 9 teams on 4 points now !

Cheers Mate !

BOMBER
04-10-2005, 06:25 PM
Thanks mate.
Shocking win though and we won't beat any other team in the comp playing that garbage.For the 3rd week in a row we didn't come out after half time.
All that being said,for some reason I give us a chance next week against the Cats.

Halen High
04-10-2005, 11:16 PM
Go Crows!!!

Cop that Port. A 68 point thrashing. I sooooooo enjoyed watching that game.

Now, did you guys see the Brisbane v Sydney game? If ever a game was decided by the umpires it was that one and I'm not talking about the lame free-kick for Hall either.

I"M TALKIN BOUT THOSE BLOODY 50 METRE PENALTIES!

How soft are the umpires? A few little harsh words and it's a 50 metre. THAT'S CRAP. Brisbane was ripped off big time. I'm not a fan of the 50 metre penalty anyway as it cheapens the value of a goal and is too harsh a penalty. Particulary for abusive language in an emotional game like footy.

And that result will only encourage Paul Roos to continue with his anti-football mission that's ruining the game. How bad was that first half? Hope we knock 'em off next week.

Halen High
04-10-2005, 11:20 PM
The Hawks mate (Hawthorn).
They haven't beaten us in 7 years and are currently woefull.
I have alot of great mates who are Hawks supporters and they think they are going to roll us on sunday (dreamers).
They were our arch rivals in the 80s,we played off in 3 consecutive grand finals in 83,84 and 85.
They won the first one in 83 but we went back to back in 84,85.
We were 21 points down at 3 quarter time in 84 and it looke like we would lose.We stormed home to win our first flag since 65,that game is the reason I became a Bomber,it is one of my first memories of exactly understanding what football meant to so many people.

Yes, those were great days for footy.

I still consider the Hawthorn side of the mid 80s to early 90s the greatest team I've ever seen.

BOMBER
04-10-2005, 11:21 PM
If you want to see bad umpiring check out Scott McLarens umpiring on saturday between Carlton and Collingwood.
I didn't care who won the game but was interested in just seeing a good game on tv.That was the worst umpiring I've seen in years and Jimmy Hird should ask for his 20 grand back.

Panamark
04-11-2005, 02:14 AM
If you want to see bad umpiring check out Scott McLarens umpiring on saturday between Carlton and Collingwood.
I didn't care who won the game but was interested in just seeing a good game on tv.That was the worst umpiring I've seen in years and Jimmy Hird should ask for his 20 grand back.

Yeah, that handball that whitnall did when about to be tackled on the boundary line, was clearly inside the boundary and to himself..
Not a deliberate out of bounds.. That decision turned the game in
my opinion. (Collingwood goaled)

But there was fucked decisions both ways.. (To be fair to the Pies)
Which I hate being :(

Panamark
04-11-2005, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by Halen High
Go Crows!!!

Cop that Port. A 68 point thrashing. I sooooooo enjoyed watching that game.

Now, did you guys see the Brisbane v Sydney game? If ever a game was decided by the umpires it was that one and I'm not talking about the lame free-kick for Hall either.

I"M TALKIN BOUT THOSE BLOODY 50 METRE PENALTIES!

How soft are the umpires? A few little harsh words and it's a 50 metre. THAT'S CRAP. Brisbane was ripped off big time. I'm not a fan of the 50 metre penalty anyway as it cheapens the value of a goal and is too harsh a penalty. Particulary for abusive language in an emotional game like footy.

And that result will only encourage Paul Roos to continue with his anti-football mission that's ruining the game. How bad was that first half? Hope we knock 'em off next week.

Whoah ! That must be the biggest thumping Adelaide has dished out to Port ???? Well done chaps !!

Cant stand fucking Port..

BOMBER
04-11-2005, 02:22 AM
Hey P'Mark - both our clubs look like they're going to struggle from what I saw on the weekend.
Good luck with Port,I'll actually be barracking for you guys in this one.

Grant
04-11-2005, 02:58 AM
Big bald Bazza, you bloody legend! :)

Panamark
04-11-2005, 03:03 AM
Hey P'Mark - both our clubs look like they're going to struggle from what I saw on the weekend.
Good luck with Port,I'll actually be barracking for you guys in this one.

Agreed.

Is it at the dome or at AAMI ??

I havent been able to look at the AFL site Ive been so pissed off...
LOL :)

Both teams have something to prove coming off the loss. I tell ya
what, our defence is really really weak.. (I know we have two out injured) but we really have to work on that.. Digby Morrell on Rocka ??

Why didnt Pagan put Predergast on Rocka ? I think he did in
the last 15 mins and Prender contained him..
That I dont understand..

There was a couple of freakish goals that went collingwoods way
too.. I saw three dribblers that rolled the right way.. When your
luck is in, everything goes right !!

Halen High
04-11-2005, 03:15 AM
I didn't see any of the Carlton v Collingwood game but really the standard of umpiring is so bad that its become a serious issue for the game. Some of the 'grey' rules don't help either, for instance, was that intentionally out of bounds or not? The umps aren't bloody mind readers! But the umps are shocking these days and they decided that result in Bris Vegas.

Hey Panamark, we actually beat Port by 74 points in the Blight years, so almost a record. Go Carlton this weekend. I would say that easily 90% of Crows fans barrack for whoever is playing Port.

Here's a question for ya Bomber. Has Sheedy been at Essendon a couple of years too long?

Halen High
04-11-2005, 03:18 AM
Agreed.

Is it at the dome or at AAMI ??

I havent been able to look at the AFL site Ive been so pissed off...
LOL :)

Both teams have something to prove coming off the loss. I tell ya
what, our defence is really really weak.. (I know we have two out injured) but we really have to work on that.. Digby Morrell on Rocka ??

Why didnt Pagan put Predergast on Rocka ? I think he did in
the last 15 mins and Prender contained him..
That I dont understand..

There was a couple of freakish goals that went collingwoods way
too.. I saw three dribblers that rolled the right way.. When your
luck is in, everything goes right !!

It's in Adelaide.

You MUST keep Tredrea under control to win. Plus, don't be surprised if Chad Cornes is out. He's got a badly bruised knee and will be tested late in the week.

MAX
04-11-2005, 03:25 AM
I did good with my tips this week. lol Who'd of ever figured that? :o

Panamark
04-11-2005, 04:23 AM
It's in Adelaide.

You MUST keep Tredrea under control to win. Plus, don't be surprised if Chad Cornes is out. He's got a badly bruised knee and will be tested late in the week.

Message to Denis Pagan, tell the lads to test "Chad's Knee" :D

Panamark
04-11-2005, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by MAX
I did good with my tips this week. lol Who'd of ever figured that? :o

GO MAXIMUS !!

ashstralia
04-11-2005, 09:44 AM
GO RABBITS!!!!!!!!!

Panamark
04-11-2005, 09:48 AM
LOL ! Yeah Dave, GO RABBITS !!!

BOMBER
04-11-2005, 06:47 PM

Here's a question for ya Bomber. Has Sheedy been at Essendon a couple of years too long? [/B]

Us Essendon members/supporters are always asked this question and amongst us you even have a small element that will ask that question.
It's pretty freaky when you think about it,I'm 30 years old and in following Essendon all that time I've only known one coach down at Bomberland.In the cut throat world of AFL coaching,this is a remarkable effort.
Personally I love the bloke and am stoked we have him as coach.You are not being realistic if you expect to win the flag every year,it's about structuring a list that will give you the oppurtunity to be able to strike at one.This is what Sheeds has been able to do continuously at his time at Windy Hill.He has an average of 1 flag every 5 years,compare that to clubs like The Saints,Geelong, etc who have in the history of the comp only won 1 flag in 100 years.
Everybody has been pointing the finger lately,we'll we came 6th last year and we were dissapointed.That's the thing that Sheedy has built into Essendon,where most teams are just happy to make the finals,coming 6th for us is dissapointing.
7 straight finals appearances is a record no other club in the AFL can match,if we don't make it 8 then so be it.
We have a few kids coming on under Sheeds at the moment such as Kepler Bradley and I for one hope sheeds is around when these guys take off.

MAX
04-11-2005, 09:30 PM
What are we going to do Bomber? Things aren't off to the greatest start. :mad:

BOMBER
04-11-2005, 09:51 PM
It's funny mate - we should have finished Carlton off the week before but let slip a 5 goal lead.If we had done what we should have then right now after 3 rounds we would be top 5.
It's no time to hit the panic button just yet,the cats on saturday night should be interesting because big things were expected of them this year and last week they too were shithouse.

Halen High
04-11-2005, 10:10 PM
Message to Denis Pagan, tell the lads to test "Chad's Knee" :D

I also heard he has a strained left shoulder, a sprained right ankle, a ricked neck and bruised ribs.

Halen High
04-11-2005, 10:16 PM
Us Essendon members/supporters are always asked this question and amongst us you even have a small element that will ask that question.
It's pretty freaky when you think about it,I'm 30 years old and in following Essendon all that time I've only known one coach down at Bomberland.In the cut throat world of AFL coaching,this is a remarkable effort.
Personally I love the bloke and am stoked we have him as coach.You are not being realistic if you expect to win the flag every year,it's about structuring a list that will give you the oppurtunity to be able to strike at one.This is what Sheeds has been able to do continuously at his time at Windy Hill.He has an average of 1 flag every 5 years,compare that to clubs like The Saints,Geelong, etc who have in the history of the comp only won 1 flag in 100 years.
Everybody has been pointing the finger lately,we'll we came 6th last year and we were dissapointed.That's the thing that Sheedy has built into Essendon,where most teams are just happy to make the finals,coming 6th for us is dissapointing.
7 straight finals appearances is a record no other club in the AFL can match,if we don't make it 8 then so be it.
We have a few kids coming on under Sheeds at the moment such as Kepler Bradley and I for one hope sheeds is around when these guys take off.

I think Essendon have a better list than Collingwood or Port Adelaide, who have played off in the last three Grand Finals. Brisbane is THE outstanding team of the last four years but to me Essendon is the team that should have been challenging them.

I'd also like to see Sheedy work at another club. Would be fascinating to see what he could do with a Freo for instance.

Panamark
04-12-2005, 12:50 AM
I also heard he has a strained left shoulder, a sprained right ankle, a ricked neck and bruised ribs.

In my best Monty Burns voice "EXCELLENT !" :D

Panamark
04-12-2005, 12:55 AM
I think Essendon have a better list than Collingwood or Port Adelaide, who have played off in the last three Grand Finals. Brisbane is THE outstanding team of the last four years but to me Essendon is the team that should have been challenging them.

I'd also like to see Sheedy work at another club. Would be fascinating to see what he could do with a Freo for instance.

God Im going to cop flak for my following statements. (BOMBER is
going to love them, not) But Essendon should have had a flag over
the last few seasons. While many supporters (including my father)
seem proud that they made the finals, realistically they have been
chokers for several years now. My team Carlton has been the absolute
shit side of the comp for years, and I have no excuses. But Essendon
have had the power to go all the way several times, and choked when
it mattered. I knew last year they woouldnt get past the second round
of the finals, as its become expected that they will choke in the finals.
I think thats a monkey they have around their neck now, and one
that hopefully (for Bomber fans) they can get rid of.

I dunno, perhaps some of the Essendon supporters will agree ???

Panamark
04-12-2005, 01:00 AM
Or put another way, its well recognised by followers of the AFL that Essendon are definately the under achievers of the past few years..

BOMBER
04-12-2005, 01:26 AM
We created history in 2000 by winning the flag and only losing 1 game for that year.
If that's choking then the rest of the comp has real serious issues.

2001 - the start of the Lions trilogy - close granny but Brissy were on a roll and won 16 straight that year - congrats to them,they deserved it and we gave them a fight - no choking there.

2002/03 - bowed out to Port Power in Adelaide and both times they were minor premier and nearly invincible at home.In the end the real chokers of these 2 years were Port who once they left the confines of Adelaide got smashed.

2004 - lucky to even make the finals but ended up knocking out Melb who were top with 5 rounds to go.In the end lost the week after to the Cats who ended up a kick out of the grannie.

Bottom line,you can't win it every year and maybe you give us more credit than I thought if you think we choked.My 2000 premiers,history makers t-shirt would suggest otherwise.

2004 -

Panamark
04-12-2005, 01:29 AM
Who did you lose that game to in 2000 BOMBER ???

BOMBER
04-12-2005, 01:31 AM
Doggies - Wallace had a bigger flood than Noah that night.

Panamark
04-12-2005, 01:43 AM
Well lets hope the Windy Hill MOB can shake the monkey this year !
Im specualting here, and you can probably give more insight into
this, but do you get the feeling that the opposition coaches have
figured Sheed's out ? Like he can still produce a formidable side,
no arguments there, but at the business end, the opposition seem
to have a one up on you.. Team or Coach ??

Panamark
04-12-2005, 01:43 AM
I think you should have included 1999 in your list too BTW :p

BOMBER
04-12-2005, 01:59 AM
I think you should have included 1999 in your list too BTW :p
P'Mark - you seem like a great bloke so I hope you don't take this the wrong way,it's just a shot at Carlton supporters in general ok.
Anyhow - I love talkin' footy with you mate.

The thing that leaves us down at Essendon dumfounded about this constant 99 crack is it's water off a ducks back for us.
When you typed who beat us in 2000?I know you presumed it was you guys and probably always have.
99 for us is definatley one that got away from us in a big way,however you guys got towelled up by the roos bigtime anyhow.It's their flag,not yours.I think Carlton supporters are off their rockers for constantly talking about 99 when they got towelled up by the Kangas.
Haven't you guys got more classical memories in your history than that?
The funny thing is in 2000 you had another chance to make the grand final by playing us uin the exact same prelim as the year before.All week we heard the crap gushing out of Carlton supporters mouths about how they would do it to us again.
They were flat out wrong,we destroyed Carlton that day,and you know something else?
WE WON THE WEEK AFTER.

BOMBER
04-12-2005, 02:25 AM
Well lets hope the Windy Hill MOB can shake the monkey this year !
Im specualting here, and you can probably give more insight into
this, but do you get the feeling that the opposition coaches have
figured Sheed's out ? Like he can still produce a formidable side,
no arguments there, but at the business end, the opposition seem
to have a one up on you.. Team or Coach ??
I personally don't think we are getting it wrong at the business end of the year.It's winning enough games throughout the year to make sure you get the home finals where the breakdown is coming.
No team has ever won it from any lower than 5th.

Panamark
04-12-2005, 02:27 AM
Mate, that 1999 prelim, was as good as a grand final win to me.
Fraser Brown's tackle !! What a fucking legend !!

I even remember telling friends, I dont care if we lose next week,
Im happy ;)

And I was. For everytime we deny Essendon, or somebody else does
its great ! As Im sure you feel the same way about Carlton :D

We are both very aware that the next flag puts us in that top spot,
outright !

I love it, I feel the Carlton/Essendon Rivalry is stronger than the Carlton/Collingwood rivalry these days....

Once again, when you guys get all your injured players back, on paper
you should be in the top four... Will it be another failed year ?

Hell I would be happy just for our baby side to progress to the elimination final this year. That would be fucking great !!
And nobody would deny its importnance. But the powerhouse of
Essendon, failing again... Well then thats just not acceptable, is it !

BOMBER
04-12-2005, 02:36 AM
Yes we are the greatest of rivals mate.
You want to talk about choking?
Maybe we should flip this into a Collingwood bash session.
I'm seriously happy for you then if 99 makes you happy,2000 makes me equally if not more happy.

Panamark
04-12-2005, 03:06 AM
95 was a good year ! I think we had a very similar season to Essendons 2000. SO 95 and 99 really are the last two years
in recent memory that I was happy with the Blues..

Collingwood have been big chokers in recent finals, you are right !
It must be a magpie thing ?? Port and Collingwood really have choked
badly... (Granted Port won last year, so I guess we cant include
them anymore)

Collinwood did play well for the first time this year against Carlton.
They wanted it more... (Pains me to say that)

Interesting times indeed 9 teams on 4 points !!

So half the teams can potentially jump into the top eight next
week......

(Not liking Carltons chances in adelaide)

BOMBER
04-12-2005, 06:18 PM
I see Scotland got done at the tribunal.
Picking winners at the moment is hard stuff and you guys would have to be some sort of chance.
It would have helped if your backline was full strength though,as you know Port has some tall timber down forward in the likes of Tredrea.
Do you give us a chance against Geelong?

Panamark
04-13-2005, 02:20 AM
I see Scotland got done at the tribunal.
Picking winners at the moment is hard stuff and you guys would have to be some sort of chance.
It would have helped if your backline was full strength though,as you know Port has some tall timber down forward in the likes of Tredrea.
Do you give us a chance against Geelong?

Yes, actually I do rate you guys against Geelong...
(And thats before I have seen your playing list this week)
Who is coming back for you guys ???

Our backline is really fucked, that coupled with the home ground
advatage and tall fowards makes me think Carlton will be beaten..

Unless we can dominate the midfield and deliver properly to
Lance and Fev....

Then there might be a slight sniff.. But I wouldnt put my hard earned
down on the Blues for this one. I cant remember too many victories
at AAMI against Port in recent times.

Halen High
04-13-2005, 03:30 AM
I agree that Essendon have under-achieved in recent years. From 2001, Brisbane would still have been the dominant team, but Essendon has had a way better list than the Pies or bloody Power in that time, and they should have been the main challengers. Plus Essendon is extremely well run and organised off the field to help with their on-field performances.

I still think Collingwood would have to be the biggest chokers though.

Panamark
04-13-2005, 04:02 AM
Sorry Bomber, but I have to agree with HH on this.
Essendon's management and administration are second to none.
The best in the league. They have had the team to reach the
Grand Final since 2000. But fell short each year.
Each year they displayed what they were capable of during the
season, yet for some reason didnt seem to have the same
ferocity in the finals ?? My Father (Who bleeds red and black)
even contends that the administration feel they have under
achieved. It must be hard for a fan to accept this...

Hey I dont mind ! I was sure Essendon would have passed us
by now ! But Im glad that the Blues are rebuilding. We wont
be far away. I would rate us a distant finals chance this year,
and a definate finals chance next.....

Hehhehehe (Gotta love it !)

BOMBER
04-13-2005, 07:17 PM
Yep - off the ground we are close to the best club run in Australia.
However there are several clubs that are run well who don't have our record.Look at all the concessions Brisbane and Sydney have had from the AFL,one team has taken advantage where as the other hasn't.
Off field success doesn't always mean onfield success,look at the Roos who were the dominant team of the 90s and hardly had a cent to their name.
I swear you guys give our list way too much credit.We don't even have a ruckman out there at the moment.I would love to see how other clubs would cope in a situation like this.
We don't have a centre half forward and Cupido is our second key forward.Port have 3 ruckmen and stacks of All - Australians round the ground.
After 2000,the following year that premiersghip backline wasn't there.
Wallis retired and Hardwick went to Port.Long got injured and eventually retied and Bewick retired.
Essendon hasn't finished down the ladder to get these draft first selections like you guys get and somehow still finish higher thah you's.

Hasn't the tune from Carlton changed in 3 weeks after winning the Wizard Cup.We only have to look at a couple of posts in this thread to see the 360 spin.
I'm not pot shotting,however that's one hell of a change in expectations.
Just heard Ramma did his knee at training last night and will be out for the season and Jimmy Hird has an arthritic knee and will miss against Geelong.

BOMBER
04-13-2005, 08:18 PM
Hey Halen High,be nice would you mate?
Being a Glenelg man,I have a very soft spot for The Crows and fucking hate Port.

Grant
04-13-2005, 09:14 PM
BOMBER, when does the Swans play you blokes down in Melbourne next? I'm gonna try and make arrangements to go to that game and catch up with you for a few frothies.

BOMBER
04-13-2005, 09:25 PM
We play you up there in 3 weeks mate.
I'm not surte if you guys travel down here at the end of the season or not,I'll have a look at the draw.

Halen High
04-13-2005, 11:56 PM
Hey Halen High,be nice would you mate?
Being a Glenelg man,I have a very soft spot for The Crows and fucking hate Port.

The Bays! Are you from here originally?

I'm actually a Sturt supporter since childhood, BUT despite the rivalry, have also become more of a Glenelg fan recently as I have lived in and around the Bay since the early 90s, and my wife is a big Tigers fan too. As a result I go to Glenelg home games regularly.

Love to have a beer (or 2 or 3 or 4) and a sausage sizzle while abusing the umps! Local footy is still fun.

As far as the Crows go, I'm not getting too excited about last weekend's result. I can't see them doing much until they've completely rebuilt their list. Their youngsters are not THAT impressive other than Reilly and Henschell.

BOMBER
04-14-2005, 12:04 AM
Did you go to school in Adelaide mate?

Halen High
04-14-2005, 12:11 AM
Yes, Thorndon High which is in the Norwood zone. How about you?

BOMBER
04-14-2005, 12:19 AM
Sacred Heart in the Bay area.
I was born in Victoria though,hated state of Origin games because of split loyalties.
My whole family all live in Adelaide mate and I'm over regularly throughout the year to catch up.
Loved Glenelg as a kid mate as much as the Bombers.
My old mates over there still go to SANFL games for the beers and snags.
My mum is a crows nutter,there every week.

Panamark
04-14-2005, 01:54 AM
Fark !

We all have a lot in common.
(I was born in VIC too)

I lived in Henley Beach and went to Fulham Gardens
primary.... (In SA)

HH ! I was a Sturt supporter (I think I already told you that, maybe)

The Double Blues !!

Halen High
04-14-2005, 03:48 AM
Fark !

We all have a lot in common.
(I was born in VIC too)

I lived in Henley Beach and went to Fulham Gardens
primary.... (In SA)

HH ! I was a Sturt supporter (I think I already told you that, maybe)

The Double Blues !!

I can't recall knowing you were a Sturt supporter. I'm also a Carlton supporter as they were my team before the Crows (Bomber will love that lol!)

The local footy is great. We go to a few games throughout the year and it's like old times.

Halen High
04-14-2005, 05:24 AM
Hey Panamark, no need to test Chad Cornes' knee. He's out for at least four weeks. Reckon the Blues might be a big chance.

Halen High
04-14-2005, 05:35 AM
Sacred Heart in the Bay area.
I was born in Victoria though,hated state of Origin games because of split loyalties.
My whole family all live in Adelaide mate and I'm over regularly throughout the year to catch up.
Loved Glenelg as a kid mate as much as the Bombers.
My old mates over there still go to SANFL games for the beers and snags.
My mum is a crows nutter,there every week.

Sacred Heart! One of our finest schools. I drive past there almost every day going to and from the Bay.

My school was a little, er........., different to Sacred Heart. The kind of school where you would see a Classic VH logo spray painted on the side of a building.

Actually, Norwood players Gary McIntosh and Lester Ross came from our school. We were always strong at footy and there were about 5 or 6 teams that played for Thorndon in the early 80s. Now I understand they have only 1 footy team for the whole school (now called Charles Campbell) even though the student population has doubled since then!

Panamark
04-14-2005, 09:26 AM
Hey Panamark, no need to test Chad Cornes' knee. He's out for at least four weeks. Reckon the Blues might be a big chance.

Excellent !! What about Tredea ? Can we knobble him before saturday :D ? We have four of our top players out going into
this clash .....

Hey HH, I tried looking up Fulham Gardens Primary and it
doesnt seem to exist anymore ! And why is Henley Beach listed
as Henley Beach south ???

(You can tell I havent lived there for while)

SweetSecrets
04-14-2005, 05:32 PM
Carn the blues!

Halen High
04-14-2005, 09:48 PM
Excellent !! What about Tredea ? Can we knobble him before saturday :D ? We have four of our top players out going into
this clash .....

Hey HH, I tried looking up Fulham Gardens Primary and it
doesnt seem to exist anymore ! And why is Henley Beach listed
as Henley Beach south ???

(You can tell I havent lived there for while)

Warren Tredrea. Now there's a finals footy choker for ya! Even though they won the Grand Final he still choked in that one, which makes about 7 out of 8 finals shockers for him personally.

Was Henley High called Henley Beach High? I remember playing you guys in high school footy and just remember Henley High. They've probably re-zoned.

I remember a Henley High player called Tom Ryan who was a hell of a player. Don't think he went on to play league though. I used to play for Norwood's U13s-U17s and we only lost 1 or 2 games over a couple of years yet only a guy called James Fantasia went on to play league footy. You need a lot of commitment to make the next step.

If you want more info on your old schools there's an excellent website called School Friends.

BOMBER
04-14-2005, 10:02 PM
I remember Fanatasia.
This story is one for you P'Mark.
When I used to go to school at the Middle School of Sacred Heart I used to have to catch a train in the morning from Hove station to Ascot Park.
Hove station isn't exactly London Central and none other than Sticks Kernahan used to catch my train into the city.I was only a kid a would often shoot footy convo with him.He was very nice to me when I look back on it.
Anyhow he was being courted by both the Bombers and the Blues at the time and when I found out he was going to Carlton I was shattered.
That Glenelg team at the time was its best ever with Sticks,McDermott and McGuinnes.The comp at the time was fucking strong over there and I just didn't want him going to Carlton.
As great as he was for Carlton I still think his best year was 85.

MAX
04-14-2005, 10:04 PM
Bomber,

Tis' Thursday mate. ;)

BOMBER
04-14-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Bomber,

Tis' Thursday mate. ;)
Grab yourself a frothie mate -
I might be coming to you for some advice in how to tip this week.
% was a gun score last week.:cool:

BOMBER
04-14-2005, 10:11 PM
It's been a long week - % should be 5.

MAX
04-14-2005, 10:11 PM
Thanks Bomber but that was total luck. :cool: I'm working on a third frothie at the moment. :) Stephanie rox btw!!! lol. ;)

BOMBER
04-14-2005, 10:26 PM
Halen High - I'm thinking of tipping the Crows in a huge upset over The Swans.
What do you think mate?

MAX
04-14-2005, 10:36 PM
I'm thinking of tipping the Crows in a huge upset over The Swans.

Are you serious mate?

BOMBER
04-14-2005, 10:38 PM
I am my friend.
The Crows smashed the reigning premiers by 10 goals last week and have a great record on Sydneys home ground.
I'm very tempted.

MAX
04-14-2005, 10:46 PM
Hmmmmmm....................

Now this week is scaring me. lol.

BOMBER
04-14-2005, 10:58 PM
They've all become scary.
Tipping winners is tough indeed this year.

MAX
04-14-2005, 11:32 PM
I hear ya mate.

BOMBER
04-15-2005, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by SweetSecrets
Carn the blues!
For this week let's hope so.

Halen High
04-15-2005, 01:36 AM
Halen High - I'm thinking of tipping the Crows in a huge upset over The Swans.
What do you think mate?

I'm not! I think Sydney, playing at home and coming off a huge confidance booster up in Brisbane, will be too good for the Crows. I think the Crows win over Port was just a one-off derby-type performance and I still think they are in for an ordinary year. (Yes, I'm obviously not one of those supporters who can't pick against my own team, I'm too much of a realist!)

And how much more bad luck can Ramanauskus have? Umbelievable.

Panamark
04-15-2005, 04:33 AM
Bad luck for Rama, Bomber...
Hey are we going to start a mini tipping comp in this thread, or are
all you other blokes in another one ??

Panamark
04-15-2005, 04:40 AM
My tips for this week

Kangaroos to beat Collingwood
Brisbane to beat Hawthorn
West Coast to beat Bulldogs
Essendon to beat geelong (If Lloyd and Hird are in)
Carlton to beat Port (Warning, I always choose Carlton, I think Port
are the favourites in this clash)

Adelaide to beat Swans
Richmond to beat Freo
Melbourne to be St Kilda

Panamark
04-15-2005, 04:53 AM
Carn the blues!

The perfect woman in all ways :D

SweetSecrets
04-15-2005, 04:53 PM
Bad luck for Rama, Bomber...
Hey are we going to start a mini tipping comp in this thread, or are
all you other blokes in another one ??

This must be the exotic language of Australia. WTF are you saying here? "mini tipping comp"?

SweetSecrets
04-15-2005, 04:57 PM
My tips for this week

Kangaroos to beat Collingwood
Brisbane to beat Hawthorn
West Coast to beat Bulldogs
Essendon to beat geelong (If Lloyd and Hird are in)
Carlton to beat Port (Warning, I always choose Carlton, I think Port
are the favourites in this clash)

Adelaide to beat Swans
Richmond to beat Freo
Melbourne to be St Kilda

Echidnas to beat Wombats

Wombats to beat Cockies

Cockies to get eaten by CROCs

Mic Dundee to beat CROCs

Steve Irwin to beat Mic Dundee

Terry to beat Steve Irwin

AMERICANS WIN!

(hehe)

MAX
04-15-2005, 05:01 PM
WHOO HOO!!!

The Roo's won. :) So far, so good.

Halen High
04-16-2005, 01:30 AM
This must be the exotic language of Australia. WTF are you saying here? "mini tipping comp"?

Football tipping competitions have become a part of Aussie culture. Everyone who follows the footy, and even some that don't, make up or enter into a tipping comp where you tip the winners for the weekend's round of games, and at the end of the season the one that got the most results right wins. A lot of work places run them or you do it with friends.

Don't you do this in the States with basketball or Gridiron?

This season's tips are looking tough to pick. Soooooo many upsets already.

Panamark
04-16-2005, 02:03 AM
Am I watching Hawthorn beating the Brisbane Lions ??? :eek:

Panamark
04-16-2005, 02:48 AM
Fuck, the Hawks thumped the Lions !!! Bloody Hell ?? Anyone pick this ?? Im betting no..

Halen High
04-16-2005, 04:09 AM
Hey Panamark, I thought the Hawks were a CHANCE with Voss (and all the others) out, but I can't believe they won so easily. Local radio was discussing the betting for this game this morning and Graham Cornes thought the Hawks were a good bet for an upset.

Go Blues.

Panamark
04-16-2005, 05:19 AM
Well there ya go !! Could be some happy punters out there tonight in that case ! Looks like we miss the broadcast of the Carlton v Port game in Sydney tonight. Go the Blues ! (Im not getting my hopes up though)

Panamark
04-16-2005, 05:44 PM
Holy Crap ! The mighty Blues nearly knocked em over. Im totally stoked, even with the draw. As you can tell from my previous posts
I wasnt that confident about beating them in Adelaide. This is actually
a pretty cool result for us ! CARN THE BLUES :D

Halen High
04-16-2005, 07:07 PM
You didn't get the broadcast? That's a fucking shame. What a match. I watched it with my wife and cousin, all Crows fans, and we were screaming for the Blues all night.

Yeah that's a great result for Carlton and a crap result for Port. They are pretty depressed over here. After the match, Mark Williams was talking about just making the 8 rather than 1 or 2! BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The way the game started I thought Port were gonna win easy.

Fevola was BRILLIANT.

Panamark
04-16-2005, 09:05 PM
Hey if Im Adelaide Im gonna watch the footy with your family ! LOL,

Yeah I couldnt believe it, I dont have foxtel but I have rigged up
Austar regional satellite (for free) and I usually get every game
except 1. Of course this week the missing game was the Blues
Port game...

I was watching it on AFL site which gives you the updated scores,
live audio and this cool little flash generated graph which shows each
passage of play leading up to the previous score.. So although its not
video, its better than nothing.

Depending on todays games, the Blues could end up in the 8 !

MAX
04-16-2005, 09:10 PM
Mates,

How common are ties like the one with The Blues and Power this week?

Panamark
04-17-2005, 01:14 AM
Not that common Max, I reckon one a year at best...

MAX
04-17-2005, 02:11 AM
Thanks Mark. :)

It's even more rare in our football. I guess I can be happy in my tipping comp cos it's a wash.

Panamark
04-17-2005, 02:20 AM
I had a go in this thread, and I think its all over the place too :D

MAX
04-17-2005, 02:23 AM
Thanks Marky!!! :D

Panamark
04-17-2005, 02:40 AM
No worries, I just looked at the games going on today, and it looks like the blues will be just outside the top 8 :(
Ah well !! Theres always next week :)

Wheres Bomber ??

BOMBER
04-17-2005, 06:29 PM
No worries, I just looked at the games going on today, and it looks like the blues will be just outside the top 8 :(
Ah well !! Theres always next week :)

Wheres Bomber ??
Trying to ignore any type of media organisation that is willing to show the AFL ladder after round 4.
OH MY GOD:eek:

BOMBER
04-17-2005, 06:51 PM
I'm not! I think Sydney, playing at home and coming off a huge confidance booster up in Brisbane, will be too good for the Crows. I think the Crows win over Port was just a one-off derby-type performance and I still think they are in for an ordinary year. (Yes, I'm obviously not one of those supporters who can't pick against my own team, I'm too much of a realist!)

And how much more bad luck can Ramanauskus have? Umbelievable.
Great win by The Crows up in Sydney - I've actually got a smile on my face on that won,I had a couple of dollars on them,they were the bet of the round.
I backed Collingwood on friday night only for Tarrant to miss that soda at the end of the game.

Panamark
04-18-2005, 01:50 AM
Trying to ignore any type of media organisation that is willing to show the AFL ladder after round 4.
OH MY GOD:eek:

Mate, theres only one way to go from here !!

Thats the best thing about being the bottom team ;)

I dont think they will be there for long. It was a good contest
for half the game, I thought they would go the distance, especially
with Coleman back... :p

BOMBER
04-18-2005, 06:19 PM
Mate, theres only one way to go from here !!

Thats the best thing about being the bottom team ;)

I dont think they will be there for long. It was a good contest
for half the game, I thought they would go the distance, especially
with Coleman back... :p
That's 4 weeks in a row we haven't turned up for the second half.
We are getting killed in the middle without a ruckman and we don't have the midfielders to rotate through the midfield to have fresh legs come the end of the game.
Rioli will help but if we go down to the Pies on ANZAC day then I think it's better off to finish down the bottom so we can for once have a good crack at the draft.It maybe our turn so to speak.

Great effort by The Blues mate,that was gutsy and a game which we should be forced to watch to be shown how a club should fight.

Halen High
04-18-2005, 07:27 PM
Great win by The Crows up in Sydney - I've actually got a smile on my face on that won,I had a couple of dollars on them,they were the bet of the round.
I backed Collingwood on friday night only for Tarrant to miss that soda at the end of the game.

That's good that you tipped the Crows. After I wrote them off I thought, "I hope I didn't talk anyone out of tipping them." That was a great win. Looks like Neil Craig might be alright.

I'm tipping Geelong to win over Port on Friday. God I hope they do!

Halen High
04-18-2005, 07:29 PM
We are getting killed in the middle without a ruckman and we don't have the midfielders to rotate through the midfield to have fresh legs come the end of the game.
Rioli will help but if we go down to the Pies on ANZAC day then I think it's better off to finish down the bottom so we can for once have a good crack at the draft.It maybe our turn so to speak.

Great effort by The Blues mate,that was gutsy and a game which we should be forced to watch to be shown hiow aq club should fight.

I'm definately tipping the Bombers over Collingwood.

BOMBER
04-18-2005, 07:31 PM
I'm definately using spell check in my next post.
I'm with you on Geelong over Port,on current form it looks like happening.

Halen High
04-18-2005, 07:32 PM
Hey if Im Adelaide Im gonna watch the footy with your family ! LOL,

Yeah I couldnt believe it, I dont have foxtel but I have rigged up
Austar regional satellite (for free) and I usually get every game
except 1. Of course this week the missing game was the Blues
Port game...

I was watching it on AFL site which gives you the updated scores,
live audio and this cool little flash generated graph which shows each
passage of play leading up to the previous score.. So although its not
video, its better than nothing.

Depending on todays games, the Blues could end up in the 8 !

You are most welcome to join us. We always have a great time watching Port go down. Every time Tredders missed we'd crack up laughing!

Halen High
04-18-2005, 07:35 PM
You are most welcome to join us. We always have a great time watching Port go down. Every time Tredders missed we'd crack up laughing! After the game we cranked up some CVH and downed a few beers to celebrate. Yep, apart from the Crows we are passionate supporters of whoever is playing Port LOL!

Panamark
04-19-2005, 02:24 AM

Great effort by The Blues mate,that was gutsy and a game which we should be forced to watch to be shown how a club should fight.

Auto Spell check ! :D

Good luck with the Pies. You should win this, Buckley out, Rocca out..
Did you say Rioli is back this week ?? Well then we can count on
Tarrant being out (Just get Rioli to scalp him ! :) )

Dont lose faith Mate ! Its still early days..

Panamark
04-19-2005, 02:30 AM
Oh I was going to say I agree with you on the half game thing.
Seems Essendon are using all their energy up in the first half
and the other teams pace themselves.. (Knowing they will be
able to run them down)... I got that feeling watching the Cartlon
game v Essendon.. I think thats what they need to work on...
Maybe its old legs ?? It seems if you can match it with the
Bombers until the third quarter, you are a real chance
(At the moment) But Im sure Sheeds is well aware of this.

There is too much talent in that team for them to stay on
the bottom.

Panamark
04-19-2005, 02:31 AM
You are most welcome to join us. We always have a great time watching Port go down. Every time Tredders missed we'd crack up laughing!

Love it !! Port suck..

BOMBER
04-19-2005, 06:44 PM
Oh I was going to say I agree with you on the half game thing.
Seems Essendon are using all their energy up in the first half
and the other teams pace themselves.. (Knowing they will be
able to run them down)... I got that feeling watching the Cartlon
game v Essendon.. I think thats what they need to work on...
Maybe its old legs ?? It seems if you can match it with the
Bombers until the third quarter, you are a real chance
(At the moment) But Im sure Sheeds is well aware of this.

There is too much talent in that team for them to stay on
the bottom.
On saturday we had 9 players under the age of 20 out there.
I know you guys have the youngest list,however I don't think people understand quite how young ours is at the moment.

BOMBER
04-19-2005, 08:06 PM
This is the back page of todays Herald Sun here in Melbourne.

WE WILL FIGHT BACK

ESSENDON skipper James Hird yesterday said leading the battling Bombers was the toughest assignment of his long and distinguished career.
responding to a barrage of criticism about the Dons' 1-3 start to the season ahead of monday's blockbuster against Collingwood,Hird said it was imperative he and his teammates focused on playing good football.
"The issue for me is how turn it around and make the greatest club in the AFL the best team in the AFL," Hird said."I have a positive outlook on this side.It's the youngest side I've led in my eight years as captain and I see it as my greatest challenge."
Hird acknowledged his team's performance had been "totally unacceptable",but he defended their hunger and fitness.
He said Monday's game and the chance to atone couldn't arrive quickly enough and promised the "dawn of a new age" of the Essendon Football Club.
Hird implored his teammates to play with freedom and passion.

MAX
04-19-2005, 09:59 PM
Hird implored his teammates to play with freedom and passion.

Let's hope they listen cos this is pissing me off.

BOMBER
04-19-2005, 10:02 PM
Jimmy Hird is one of the greatest ever mate,if they don't listen to him then they won't listen to anybody.
I'm dreading the day he retires and it won't be that far away,maybe at the end of the season or next season.
Check me in for therapy when this happens.

MAX
04-19-2005, 10:09 PM
Is Jimmy Hird the one you were comparing with John Elway to me last season?

BOMBER
04-19-2005, 10:27 PM
Yes mate - this guy has overcome shitloads of horrific injuries to continually play brilliant football and lead our team in a way that many captains can only dream about.
The fans down at Essendon practically worship this guy and even opposition supporters who when he was younger used to dish it out to him have now even come to understand what this guy has achieved in football.
When he retires I will react like you did to Elway,there won't be a dry eye in the ground.

MAX
04-19-2005, 10:32 PM
I remember you telling me about him mate. Fuck, I did lose it when Elway retired. It wasn't hard cos he was standing on the podium blubbering as well.

BOMBER
04-19-2005, 10:54 PM
At the moment he is having to have blood drained to help him get through a game with his arthitic knee.
He will have to be nursed through games from here on out so now after all these years he needs someone else to grab games by the scruff of the neck so he can play the supporting role.

MAX
04-19-2005, 10:57 PM
You think this might be his last season mate?

BOMBER
04-19-2005, 11:11 PM
The knee has me worried.
If we keep fucking up then I think he will hang next year to help bring the kids on.

Panamark
04-20-2005, 12:44 AM
James Hird is a legend, and thats coming from one of enemies ! LOL

BOMBER
04-20-2005, 01:17 AM
Thanks P'Mark for saying that about my hooty hero mate.
A good turn deserves one in return so I will say something nice about a Carlton player.
I can't remember what year it was but there was a period of about 13 games in the 90's when Kouta played football at a higher level than I've ever seen it played.I'm not fucking around either.
This guy was picking up stats in the 40's and picking up the football by grabbing it with one hand.
Ijury stopped that run and has troubled him for years but although not being able to play at that impossible standard he has still been great.

BOMBER
04-20-2005, 01:19 AM
Jimmy Hird is my Hooty hero,fuck I'm on drugs.

Panamark
04-20-2005, 01:26 AM
Kouta is a legend too ! But after two knee reconstructions I dont think
we will ever see him play at those levels again, but as you pointed
out, he is still a very handy player and will always attract a
quality opponent. It would be a foolish coach not to tag him properly.
(Even now)

Actually the first two games this year I was pretty
happy with his performance. I wish they had televised the last two
games, I didnt get to see them. How did he go against Port ?

BOMBER
04-20-2005, 01:33 AM
The funny thing is I don't really know.
We were in the bar at Telstra Dome drinking our blues awy after getting towled by the cats and the whole bar was going for Carlton.
Geelong and Essendon supporters combined were yelling for Carlton to beat Port.

Panamark
04-20-2005, 02:16 AM
Crikies, theres a revolution going down !!

Love is in the air !! :D

Panamark
04-20-2005, 08:12 AM
Essendon and Cats supporters barracking for the blues !
Thats great !

BOMBER
04-20-2005, 06:32 PM
Yep,I think Port has become the bad smell that just keeps lingering of the AFL.

Panamark
04-21-2005, 12:20 AM
All we need now is for a Port fan to sign up here! :p

It seems they are even more hated than Collingwood now !

MAX
04-21-2005, 12:40 AM
Speaking of which.............

I hope my tips don't suck this week.

G'Day Marky!!! :)

Panamark
04-21-2005, 01:45 AM
G'day MAXIMUS !

My tips were a little mixed last week... That Hawthorn result really
threw me out. I also thought the Bombers would do a lot better with
Matthew Lloyd back in .... The rest I was reasonably close with..

MAX
04-21-2005, 02:45 AM
G'Day again Mark!!!

Hey, while you're in such a good mood ban those two goat aliases while you're at it mate.

Panamark
04-21-2005, 06:13 AM
LOL !

But I thought they loved you ??

BOMBER
04-21-2005, 07:58 PM
Alright - here's my tips for round 5.

Cats
Kangas
Dockers
Swans
Crows
Saints
Eagles
Bombers

Grant
04-21-2005, 09:33 PM
Alright - here's my tips for round 5.
Swans

Good man. :cool:

BTW, nice avatar. I wonder who gave you that?;)

BOMBER
04-21-2005, 09:36 PM
I got the pic which didn't have his name on it.

Panamark
04-22-2005, 02:57 AM
My Tips

Port
Roos
Blues
Crows
Melbourne
West Coast
Saints
Essendon (Last chance! If they lose, Im not picking them again)

Carn the mighty BLUES !! When do we get a home game ????
Maybe we can trade frequent flyer points for draft picks !

Ah yes, Im forgetting the last game at Princes Park..

That sucks, possibly the last bastion of suburban VFL, gone ??

Panamark
04-23-2005, 10:14 PM
Ok, everyone, just pick the opposite of what I tip and you will go great ! :)

Crikies, the Blues looked like a bunch of tired old ladies against the
dockers in Perth. Does it really take that much energy out of football
teams flying on planes ??? I know it was their second week on the
road but come on ?? I was embarrassed as hell watching that game..
Hope you all do better with your teams...

SweetSecrets
04-24-2005, 09:39 PM
Hey Aussies....

I've created another thread for you ....(WHICH NOBODY BUT MY SWEETY SEEMS TO KNOW ABOUT, although, THANK YOU, BABY). It's not sports but it's politics...go to it in the Front Line. I am anxious to hear some Aussie opinions.

Panamark
04-25-2005, 02:57 AM
Looks like old BOMBER might finally have a reason to smile :D

MAX
04-25-2005, 03:23 PM
No doubt Mark,

I cannot wait to hear from the bloke. I'm stoked as well cos I took first place this week in my tipping comp. :D

BOMBER
04-26-2005, 12:30 AM
GO BOMBERS
Shocker of an ANZAC day clash but if we had kicked straight then we would have caused a massacre and it would have been over at quarter time.
Good to see The Magic Man back in Rioli,he is vital for us and hopefully he can stay out there and stop getting fucking injured.
BRING ON THE LIONS - 16th on the ladder.

The Blues weren't that bad considering it was 2 weeks on the road.If they had of kicked straight,anyhow I thought they showed some fight.
Good luck with the improved Hawks.

Panamark
04-26-2005, 01:13 AM
That goal by Hird after the siren won that game !
Brilliant ! :D

BOMBER
04-26-2005, 06:22 PM
Did you see his mark in the last quarter?

BOMBER
04-26-2005, 06:25 PM
Tipping scores -

Max - 7
Bomber - 6
P'Mark - 5

Panamark
04-27-2005, 01:48 AM
Did you see his mark in the last quarter?

Yes ! Not bad for an old fella ;)
He sure made a difference in that game.

Panamark
04-27-2005, 01:48 AM
Tipping scores -

Max - 7
Bomber - 6
P'Mark - 5

Is that just this week ??

Max is a legend !!

Panamark
04-27-2005, 01:49 AM
Let me say that I think we will be without Fevola for a few weeks :D

BOMBER
04-27-2005, 01:54 AM
I hate to sound like a broken record but he does do some terribly undisciplined things at times.

MAX
04-27-2005, 02:10 AM
Max is a legend !!

You think so mate? :)

Three Lock Rock
04-27-2005, 02:32 AM
Is that just this week ??

Max is a legend !!

Max is a faggot!

three lock rock (kickin ass and takin names)

Panamark
04-27-2005, 02:33 AM
I hate to sound like a broken record but he does do some terribly undisciplined things at times.

Yes, he is an idiot. But Coleman is not an angel and Rioli has tried
to remove a few heads off shoulders in his time :D

But it was dissapointing. He let them get to him.. Stupid fucker...

Panamark
04-27-2005, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by Three Lock Rock
Max is a faggot!

Crikies, from which of satans anuses did you spring ??

MAX
04-27-2005, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Three Lock Rock
Max is a faggot!

Ummmmm..............

I don't think so...............

LMAO!!!

Three Lock Rock
04-27-2005, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Ummmmm..............

Shut up!

BOMBER
04-27-2005, 02:39 AM
Yep Lloydy has been up to the tribunal before but you don't see him giving away stupid free kicks when his players have worked so hard to get the ball up there.
I heard Pagan last night,he is ropeable with him.
He even backed up my thoughts that Fevola was great in The Wizard Cup when the tough full backs weren't even playing.
No question he is talented however as Pagan said,he needs to dig deep and not get so frustrated.

vanzilla
04-27-2005, 02:40 AM
TO 3LR:
Please respect POJO, AL, and Va. Don't pollute the locker room too. I won't be responding to this. Go to non if you want your ass whooped.:mad:

Panamark
04-27-2005, 02:43 AM
MAX is not homo.. His wife would put you guys to shame..

Panamark
04-27-2005, 02:44 AM
Yep Lloydy has been up to the tribunal before but you don't see him giving away stupid free kicks when his players have worked so hard to get the ball up there.
I heard Pagan last night,he is ropeable with him.
He even backed up my thoughts that Fevola was great in The Wizard Cup when the tough full backs weren't even playing.
No question he is talented however as Pagan said,he needs to dig deep and not get so frustrated.

Agree, Im thinking 4-6 weeks... seriously...

BOMBER
04-27-2005, 02:47 AM
I think probably 2 mate.
Lloydy needs to get back to one- grabbing and not trying to get free kicks,he has dived a bit in the last 2 weeks,agreed.
I don't know why he does it because he is that good a grab he needn't bother.

Rikk
04-27-2005, 02:47 AM

Was there ever even a debate?

Fuck that THREE LOCK IDIOT. Why is he now posting in here?:confused:

Anyway, lemme quote my opinion of Australian football from a PM I sent BOMBER a while back.

One time, maybe ten years ago, I was watching T.V. as a teen and saw what I thought was rugby. I sat watching for a few minutes and saw the game going normally until one guy out of nowhere pummelled the other guy from behind. It was VERY vicious and the victim had to be taken off the field on a stretcher. What I thought was very odd was that the gentleman that did the injuring continued right on playing with no penalty or warning. The game went on for another ten minutes with various hits and attacks, and I was really intrigued. Then, out of nowhere, the guy who had been knocked down from behind ran onto the field from the sidelines. He looked around and saw the guy that knocked him down but ten minutes earlier. He chased his earlier attacker around the field until he finally reached him and then beat the ever-living shit out of him.

I just remember thanking my lucky stars that I had found such a great fucking sport. But it's been hard to catch it on regular T.V. in Canada. Fucking incredible!!

Now BOMBER told me that the sport is not really that violent. But I swear that was my one viewing of Australian football, and it's fucking awesome!:)

MAX
04-27-2005, 02:55 AM

Thanks mate. ;)

Panamark
04-27-2005, 03:02 AM
I think probably 2 mate.
Lloydy needs to get back to one- grabbing and not trying to get free kicks,he has dived a bit in the last 2 weeks,agreed.
I don't know why he does it because he is that good a grab he needn't bother.

True confessions of the fans here :)

Yeah Matty is too good to have to stage all the time..

Its probably a confidence thing.. Problem is, when he does
it once or twice, its like the boy who cried wolf, they dont
award it when he genuinely gets a push..

Panamark
04-27-2005, 03:03 AM
I think probably 2 mate.

Mate that was an eye gouge Libba would be proud of..
I think it will be more than 2.. Hope you are right though..

Panamark
04-27-2005, 07:27 AM
BOMBER ! You were spot on... 2 weeks. Seems the bleeding eye was on the opposite side of the dudes head. So that might have helped his cause...

Let off...

(But I think you can safely say we will struggle without him..)

BOMBER
04-27-2005, 06:42 PM
Makes the Hawks v Blues game a tough game to pick friday night.
They've improved out of sight in recent weeks.

You will find this funny,Damian Cupido is playing in our VFL side Bendigo Bombers not even in the seniors there but in the seconds.Talk about a fall from grace.
Sheed's said he has wasted Brisbane's time and now our time with his crap attitude.
Sheed's has sent a rocket up his backside from the sound of it.

MAX
04-27-2005, 06:44 PM
Bomber,

Are we tipping tonight or tomorrow mate?

BOMBER
04-27-2005, 06:50 PM
Mate,whenever suits.

MAX
04-27-2005, 06:55 PM
I'll get with you in a couple of hours. :cool:

I like sitting atop the ladder and don't wanna go down. lol.

BOMBER
04-27-2005, 11:38 PM
Rikk - I'm glad you liked it,there is actually a league in the states that ex-pat Aussies have set up over there and American guys are joining in.
I'm not sure if Canada has the same.

Rikk
04-27-2005, 11:52 PM
Rikk - I'm glad you liked it,there is actually a league in the states that ex-pat Aussies have set up over there and American guys are joining in.
I'm not sure if Canada has the same.

Not that I know of. But I'd fucking love it if I could watch regular games of Aussie football on my cable. Great stuff!:)

Panamark
04-28-2005, 02:21 AM
BOMBER, I didnt know that about Cupido, thats pretty funny.. :)
Whats up with Rioli ? Did he go walkabout and get on the piss ??
He's fookin HUGE !!!

BOMBER
04-28-2005, 08:49 PM
Rioli is a gun and the key to Essendon doing anything this year.
We just have to keep him out there and hope he doesn't get injured which he always does.
He is big at the moment but that's from sitting around with his injury.
Even a half fit Rioli at the moment definately gives our maligned midfield some creativity which has definately been missing.
I call Rioli the magic man.

BOMBER
04-28-2005, 08:56 PM
Tips for round 6

Hawks
Crows
Bombers
Saints
Eagles
Cats
Demons
Tigers

Panamark
04-29-2005, 12:53 AM
Rioli could sing for Van Hagar at the moment !

He reminds me of that old North Melbourne player
(Noonan was it ?) They called him the galloping gasometer :)
You probably know who Im talking about...

My Tips

Blues (Of course, but Im not as confident without Fev)
Melbourne
Kangaroos
Brisbane.. (They have to come good at some point !)
West Coast
Geelong
St Kilda
Port

Panamark
04-29-2005, 09:22 AM
GO THE MIGHTY BLUES !

Best ever comeback from 3/4 time to get up and beat the
Hawks. In front of 49,000 fans, a great victory !! :D

Kouta showed some great form, Jarred Waite took over
from Fevola.. Im a happy man tonight !! :)

Good luck to everyone else !!

Panamark
04-29-2005, 09:53 AM
That little Eddie Betts is going to be a legend !

MAX
04-29-2005, 04:46 PM
Here's what I tipped this week:

Blues

Demons

Roos

Eagles

Bombers

Cats

Tigers

Saints

Panamark
04-29-2005, 11:52 PM
Was that after the BLUES won, MAXIMUS :)

MAX
04-30-2005, 12:16 AM
It was Mark but I didn't know that the three of us were posting them in here. They were my tips prior to the Blues winning, they are my tips from the contest I'm in along with Bomber. :)

Panamark
04-30-2005, 01:58 AM
Hehehe, I know ! I just noticed you posted after that first game had been played. Just messing with ya ! Good pick MATE !!
CARN THE BLUES ! :D

MAX
04-30-2005, 02:23 AM
Thanks Mark,

I just assumed that Bomber was keeping track. :o I still cannot believe I'm in first place this year so far. :eek:

Panamark
04-30-2005, 02:48 AM
Well we all just dropped one. Fremantle Dockers just beat the Melbourne Demons.. Big Upset !!

MAX
04-30-2005, 02:52 AM
FUCK!!!

Panamark
04-30-2005, 03:06 AM
Yeah, at Melbournes home ground too... We all picked the Demons..

MAX
04-30-2005, 03:09 AM
The Demons were my saving grace last year. I kept tipping them again and again when no one else did. It used to piss off Bomber. lol.

Panamark
04-30-2005, 04:08 AM
Hehhehe, they looked like they might comeback in the third quarter,
but the dockers to their credit answered the challenge.

Im watching all the televised games tonight, I will keep ya posted.
Im guessing BOMBER will be at the DOME tonight. :)

MAX
04-30-2005, 04:29 AM
Bomber was sick the last I spoke with him but I doubt he'd miss this do or die game for his team.

Panamark
04-30-2005, 04:38 AM
Yeah big game. Starts in an hour here, Ive got my satellite dish pointed at Western Australia, and sucking it in...
(Its not being televised directly to Sydney)

Those WA stations are funny, the advertisements are all combine
harvesters and aboriginals. :D

Panamark
04-30-2005, 05:00 AM
CROWS just Defeated the ROOS !

Panamark
04-30-2005, 05:01 AM
We just dropped another one MAXIMUS...

MAX
04-30-2005, 05:17 AM
CROWS just Defeated the ROOS !