PDA

View Full Version : Diver Down Remastered CD

smaz
02-23-2005, 06:43 PM
When I bought Diver Down, the remastered CD, I noticed that at the top on the disc, it said Van Halen, the same as for Van Halen 1, instead of the album title like the others I had. I thought nothing of it, and left it.

Recently, the disc got damaged and keeps skipping, so I got myself a new copy, thanks to my girlfriend :)

On the top of this one though, it says Diver Down.

Did they change what they put at the top at some point???

academic punk
02-23-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by smaz
When I bought Diver Down, the remastered CD, I noticed that at the top on the disc, it said Van Halen, the same as for Van Halen 1, instead of the album title like the others I had. I thought nothing of it, and left it.

Recently, the disc got damaged and keeps skipping, so I got myself a new copy, thanks to my girlfriend :)

Actually, the lastest copies have http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/ written up on top for some reason.

I can't figure it out myself.

smaz
02-23-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
Actually, the lastest copies have http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/ written up on top for some reason.

I can't figure it out myself.

Strange. Must be because http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/ is such a great site???

Anonymous
02-23-2005, 07:02 PM
I bought the six pack in one go, and in ALL of them it's the title of the album that it's on top with a smaller Van Halen on the right. Is that it?

What pisses me off though, is that at some point the CDs had liner notes on the booklet, which illustrated very well how the band was feeling towards each other on that particular time, but the remastered CDs don't have that.

Does anyone have those CDs with the liner notes? If so, can one of you please post them here at the Army forums? I think it'd be interesting... I only have access to the Fair Warning's, but I'll have to borrow it. I'll post them tomorrow.

Cheers! :bottle:

Anonymous
02-23-2005, 07:03 PM
Oh yeah...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/

smaz
02-23-2005, 07:09 PM
Not the smaller Van Halen no. That is on all of them indeed. But at the top of the disc with the album name, for my first copy of Diver Down it said Van Halen, instead of Diver Down like it should, and the new one does.

tydhurst
02-23-2005, 10:22 PM
My friend bought one that had "Van Halen 1" printed on it, but was actually the diver down album!

cwsmith17
02-24-2005, 06:41 PM
Interesting that you noticed that.

smaz
02-24-2005, 06:57 PM
Tydhurst, that's what I've got. Diver Down with Van Halen as the album title.... I thought maybe they changed how they produced them?

tydhurst
02-24-2005, 07:32 PM
No, it's some weierd fucking thing, i bought Diver Down last month and it was fine.

academic punk
02-24-2005, 07:36 PM
The latest copy of Diver Down that I got, strangely, plays the Jesus Christ Superstar soundtrack.

I never noticed the difference until I was singing along to Pretty Woman, and realized the lyrics were actually something about "I Don't Know How To Love Him".

degüello
02-24-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by smaz

Too much time on your hands? ;)

Tom Vu
02-24-2005, 09:17 PM
I never hear the Diver Down. The first VH I heard was 1984 that I got as a gift. After 1984 came 5150. I was broke and destitude at the time and the record store was far away. I borrowed my brother's bike and bought 5150 on vinyl.

I can't wait if they remaster the Diver Down because I never have that album. The VH albums that I haved owned are VH 1 & 2, 1984, 5150, OU812, F.U.C.K., Balance, Best of Vol.1, and VH 3.

It woould be great if they do the remaster. I think OU812 needs the most of remasterment because the bass is not strong in it.

\m/\m/ VH Rules Baaaay-Beeee!!!!!!

Nickdfresh
02-25-2005, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Tom Vu
I never hear the Diver Down. The first VH I heard was 1984 that I got as a gift. After 1984 came 5150. I was broke and destitude at the time and the record store was far away. I borrowed my brother's bike and bought 5150 on vinyl.

I can't wait if they remaster the Diver Down because I never have that album.

It has been been REMASTERED you dink fool!

The VH albums that I haved owned are VH 1 & 2, 1984, 5150, OU812, F.U.C.K., Balance, Best of Vol.1, and VH 3.

It woould be great if they do the remaster. I think OU812 needs the most of remasterment because the bass is not strong in it.

Neither are the vocals or lyrics.

DLR7884
02-25-2005, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Tom Vu

I can't wait if they remaster the Diver Down because I never have that album. It woould be great if they do the remaster. I think OU812 needs the most of remasterment because the bass is not strong in it.

\m/\m/ VH Rules Baaaay-Beeee!!!!!!

You dumb slope.

DD has been remastered.

Why remaster OU812?

DLR7884
Even polished shit is still shit.

academic punk
02-25-2005, 10:21 AM
I think it's a complete joke, one worthy of Dickface McSlapnuts.

SAY! Where has Dickface been lately?

smaz
02-25-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by degüello
Too much time on your hands? ;)

Too much time on my hands??? Nah! It only takes two seconds to look at the CD to notice it before sticking it in my CD player :D

tydhurst
02-26-2005, 04:02 AM
No, just checked, my copy says "Diver Down2 on it! It must be some wierd thing that was wrong with your pressing, like my friend Peter's!

Big Fat Sammy
03-02-2005, 04:54 PM
The VH albums that I haved owned are VH 1 & 2, 1984, 5150, OU812, F.U.C.K., Balance, Best of Vol.1, and VH 3

...and you haven't even gotten down into the meat of the matter yet. Buy any VH album you don't own, and you will understand.

BenJammin
03-02-2005, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by tydhurst
My friend bought one that had "Van Halen 1" printed on it, but was actually the diver down album!

I've seen a bunch of CDs with 'Van Halen' labels but they have Bette Midler singing on them, must be mistakes?

tydhurst
03-18-2005, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by BenJammin
I've seen a bunch of CDs with 'Van Halen' labels but they have Bette Midler singing on them, must be mistakes?

HAHAHA!!!

smaz
03-20-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by BenJammin

:rofl: 5 stars...

Atomic_Rob
03-21-2005, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by DLR7884
You dumb slope.

DD has been remastered.

Why remaster OU812?

DLR7884
Even polished shit is still shit.

To sum up possible Hagar re-masters:

You can't polish a turd or in his case a career of turds

flappo
03-21-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
I think it's a complete joke, one worthy of Dickface McSlapnuts.

SAY! Where has Dickface been lately?

ask katydid

;)