PDA

View Full Version : Attention Deficit Disorder

SweetSecrets
02-23-2005, 08:17 PM
I'm just curious....what army members have ADD or ADHD or any other kinds of learning disabilities. Are you musicians?

I just want to see how many musicians have ADD. I have noticed a trend.

I have combined ADD/ADHD.

guwapo_rocker
02-23-2005, 08:47 PM
What?

guwapo_rocker
02-23-2005, 08:48 PM
I lost ya after curious. :D

Rikk
02-23-2005, 08:50 PM
Shut up, GUWAPO.:rolleyes:

Rikk
02-23-2005, 08:51 PM
My drummer has it...and a major case of it.

Big Train
02-23-2005, 09:00 PM
I do..ADHD..musician, in the business

SweetSecrets
02-23-2005, 09:23 PM
I've just noticed that it seems to be a common thing among the musios. I think its an element of creativity.

CROWBAR
02-24-2005, 04:05 PM
Whatdya say? :D

Nickdfresh
02-24-2005, 04:44 PM
I definitely have a related disorder that is not ADHD, but something I believe is called 'Central Processing Disorder' or something like that. I get overwhelmed if you throw stuff at me too quickly. especially small, fast moving objects.:D

Jesterstar
02-24-2005, 04:51 PM
ADD and ADHD are fake diseases. Excersize and eat properly and strangly those things disappear.

Jesterstar
02-24-2005, 04:52 PM
I can't beleive how many people actually beleive that this is a real disease. WAKE THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop looking for what is wrong with you and look at what is right.

CROWBAR
02-24-2005, 05:33 PM
Yes, YOUR certainly my role model js! twinkletoes

Jesterstar
02-24-2005, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by CROWBAR
Yes, YOUR certainly my role model js! twinkletoes

Of course I am. And I am known for my dancing skills thank you.

CROWBAR
02-24-2005, 06:08 PM
....and general stupidity, I knew I could count on you junior! You never let me
D
O
W
N

SweetSecrets
02-24-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Jesterstar
ADD and ADHD are fake diseases. Excersize and eat properly and strangly those things disappear.

When I was diagnosed, I was in supreme health. I was a competitive swimmer..swam for two hours a night (three on saturdays). I ate four meals a day, homecooked by my mom (I was still in highschool).

Before I was diagnosed, I struggled through school.....it took me hours more than most people to study, and I always did bad on tests. It was very frustrating. As soon as I was diagnosed, I was put on Adderall for ADD, and SUDDENLY my grades went to straight A's.

Ever since seventh grade (the year I was diagnosed and medicated), I have excelled academically. I graduated with Summa Cum Laude.

My point, Jest, that doesn't just happen overnight. Adderall saved me, and my diagnosis gave me a reason to understand why teachers were so wrong when they said I was below average and not intelligent.

I AM A TEACHER, AND I SEE CHILDREN THAT SHOULDN'T BE ON MEDS....AND THOSE THAT SHOULD! I HAVE SEEN MEDS MAKE A CHILD DO A 180 IN A BAD WAY, AND I'VE SEEN CHILDREN DO A 180 IN A GOOD WAY. The point is, that, yes, it is often mistakenly diagnosed, but it is real.

Yes, ADD is over-diagnosed these days, and many children just need disapline. However, for some children it is real, and it's not fair to those who really suffer from the disorder to be told there is no scientific reason behind their situation. Science now proves that it is....they have brain scans that do this! Do the research, you will see for yourself. ADD is no longer a gray area. It is proven to exist.

SweetSecrets
02-24-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Jesterstar
I can't beleive how many people actually beleive that this is a real disease. WAKE THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop looking for what is wrong with you and look at what is right.

You don't work with children obviously!

I have seen a child with ADHD suddenly jump from kindergarten abilities to second grade when diagnosed and treated. For some of these children, who are held back because their disorders prevent them from learning quick enough....it is a saving grace.

IT IS VERY REAL! THERE IS BRAIN RESEARCH TO PROVE IT!

You shouldn't make assumptions based on your mere opinions without having anything to back it up! I have my whole life backing me up on this one, as well as five years of teaching experience in which I see the disorder and the effects of it! If you are going to challenge something the medical field names as a real brain disorder, then do it right! Other then that, its just your opinion? Where's your medical degree? Where is your ten years of research in the field?

Nickdfresh
02-24-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by SweetSecrets
You don't work with children obviously!

I have seen a child with ADHD suddenly jump from kindergarten abilities to second grade when diagnosed and treated. For some of these children, who are held back because their disorders prevent them from learning quick enough....it is a saving grace.

IT IS VERY REAL! THERE IS BRAIN RESEARCH TO PROVE IT!

You shouldn't make assumptions based on your mere opinions without having anything to back it up! I have my whole life backing me up on this one, as well as five years of teaching experience in which I see the disorder and the effects of it! If you are going to challenge something the medical field names as a real brain disorder, then do it right! Other then that, its just your opinion? Where's your medical degree? Where is your ten years of research in the field?

That's very true!