PDA

View Full Version : DLR VH Reunion History

NavinJohnson
02-16-2004, 04:20 PM
Yes they could have done something great but is it gone forever? I think the Van Halens believed they were still top 40 in 1999 so I wonder if time has made them wake up or they just do not care.

Panamark
02-17-2004, 02:18 AM
I think if Sammy is back, yes its gone, too late..
How can you say the bro's have woken up if they have chosen Sammy ? I think you are right when you say they dont care, they
really dont care for their original fans at all. So Fuck Them !

TMR
02-17-2004, 02:54 AM
Who cares about Ed and Alex? Not me.......they aren't that good at all.......

VAI & SHEEHAN>>>>>>>>>>>>BETTER CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So EEAS REUNION is still up for grabs....LOL

SilvioDante
02-17-2004, 07:52 AM
I really don't give a fuck. I hate the way Ed has treated us, his fans for the last few years. He was the reason I learned to play guitar. He was my idol. But he basically, to quote one of my late solders, shit on our heads and we're suppose to thank him for the hat. No thanks. I'll just remember the 6 great albums they gave us and I'll be fine!!

I just think that Ed has a hard time with the fact that "when you think of Van Halen, you think of David Lee Roth!"

Calderone
02-17-2004, 10:08 AM
Ed thinks : LEAVE ME ALONE i wanna do what i wanna do.
no one will tell me what i have to do.

One Voice
02-17-2004, 11:51 AM
I dont think it will ever happen.
Ed is a jerk, could give a shit about what anyone else wants.
I think he will be dead before any new music comes out under the name VAN-HALEN.

Terry
02-17-2004, 07:16 PM
Depends on what you want to see out of a reunion.

I'd be more than willing to check out what the classic lineup could do in terms of producing new music. CGTSNM and MWM weren't a bad effort from them in 1996. The music sounded Van Hagary, but it could have turned out much worse.

Wouldn't bother comparing what they would be able to do now, live or in the studio, with what they did on those first 6 albums and tours. Might as well face reality: Ed and Al aren't in good physical shape, and none of them are getting any younger.

If you're looking for classic Van Halen to reunite and pick up right where they left off in 1984, you might as well forget it. Ed is either unwilling or unable to write tunes that match the sound and intensity of those 6 albums. Would be interesting to see what they could come up with in the studio, as long as the studio wasn't 5150 and Ed left the production chores to Ted Templeman.

However, I'd always be up for Dave, Ed and the other two reforming and going out on the road for a reunion tour of oldies. All Ed, Al and Mike have to do is show up and play. Leave the press conferences, onstage patter and singing to Dave.

Terry
02-17-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by TMR
Who cares about Ed and Alex? Not me.......they aren't that good at all.......

VAI & SHEEHAN>>>>>>>>>>>>BETTER CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So EEAS REUNION is still up for grabs....LOL

Maybe for a couple of studio tracks. Sheehan and Vai sounded terrible with Roth live.

Dave IS VH
02-20-2004, 02:50 AM
Eddie is just wasting his life away. One of the greatest guitar players of all time, and he is doing nothing with his talent.

What a shame!!!!!

As much I want to a VH reunion with Dave, it will never happened.

Eddie is a ASSHOLE!!!!!!

BITEYOASS
02-20-2004, 03:09 PM
Hell I don't even think eddie can sing backup let alone breath without an oxygen tank. Didn't they cut off part of his toungue a couple years back? Gee I'd like to hear him say: "uuuoooohh, uuooohhh, uuuooohhh, aaaaayyyiieee, eeeeyyyyinnn"

I'll I have to say about this is : Eat em' and smile!

Bonzo
02-20-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
Gee I'd like to hear him say: "uuuoooohh, uuooohhh, uuuooohhh, aaaaayyyiieee, eeeeyyyyinnn"

That's the first time I've seen the lyrics to "How Many Say I". :D

picasso bros
02-20-2004, 11:47 PM
Starting to think it may be turn the page time on a DLR/VH reunion.

They tried to make a go of it twice before and got absolutely nowhere.

I'll always keep a sliver of hope as long as they are all still sucking air but it just does not seem to work for these guys.

I guess they look at it as an all or nothing proposition, because my thinking is that if you can't make it on the road then just go into the studio and do the '96 routine. Reopen the Club Dave wing at 5150, grind out some albums and then go your separate ways!

At this point I'd be happy just to get an album of unreleased songs!

DLR7884
02-21-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by One Voice
I dont think it will ever happen.
Ed is a jerk, could give a shit about what anyone else wants.
I think he will be dead before any new music comes out under the name VAN-HALEN.

I don't think they ever have, actually.

Now under the name VAN HALEN, without the dash they have.

DLR7884
Who knows, maybe if they do release any new shit it will be as VAN-HALEN :)

BuzinBad
02-21-2004, 04:26 PM
At this point I would be happy to get a DVD of old live shit with DLR. And nothing we already have. IE US Fest, etc.

DLR7884
02-21-2004, 06:14 PM
He'll I'll even buy BOV2 as long as there is "new" old Dave shit on there.

DLR7884
Just give me something!

DLR7884
02-21-2004, 06:15 PM
HELL.

DLR7884
Me retard sometimes.

Panamark
02-21-2004, 08:58 PM
Anyone got any recent interviews with Dave ? Like in the last few weeks. If he says nothing about Van Halen, then maybe some of these current rumours have substance, if he talks about Van Halen, ie Ed needs help etc, you know its not happening.

DLR7884
02-22-2004, 12:58 AM
I wouldn't say that, even when Dave did get back with VH in 2000 to cut a few songs, he still was talking shit.

DLR7884
In '96 he did keep his mouth shut, until he got fucked over.

Viking
02-22-2004, 01:10 AM
Call me an optimist, but they have tried to reconcile a couple of times. I'd like to think that all parties involved will, one day soon(er than later), leave all the personal and business baggage at the door, and do it just for the fun-lovin' fuck of it. No pressure, no expectations, no financial considerations - just go out and throw down for anybody that'll watch. :killer:

MAX
02-22-2004, 02:19 AM
I just hope that this "Van Hagar" reunion falls flat on it's collective ass. Fuck those assholes for ignoring the fans and quadruple fuck them for thinking that anyone besides fucking pod-people zombies care about Spam. Go ahead, continue to piss on the entire HALEN legacy.

Van Gaygar 2004:

Edward Van Halen - Drunk, Recluse, Guitar, Tuba, New Hip

Alex Van Halen - Control Freak, Drums, Neckbrace, Shadow of his Brother's talent, Multiple Alimony Payments

Sammy Hagar - Pajama, Capri, Clown Attire, Convicted Multiple Lyrical Homicide, Senior Citizen, President of The Cabo San Lucas Chapter Overeaters Anonymous, Worships Ronald McDonald's look

Michael Anthony - Does whatever is told, Bass, Hotsauce, Lives to be Spammy's "Grimace" in The Cabo version of McCheeseland.

Bust out the kleenex, the pepto, metamucil and exlax world!!! Van Hagar is ready to rock! Exlax is very necessary cos cheese is well known to make one extremely constipated.

Good luck for anyone who is lactose intolerant cos you're going to need it!!!

DLR7884
02-22-2004, 02:39 AM
YEAH, FUCK 'EM. ASSHOLES.

DLR7884
Fuck those cheese loving sheep who will go see the tour too!

Panamark
02-22-2004, 04:06 AM
Well said MAX !

Nuthin but yeah in your posts buddy ! :)

If EVH doesnt include Dave, then he must be stupid.
The King of Six Strings and Ten Fingers, the peasant of intelligence.

Bob_R
02-22-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by MAX
I just hope that this "Van Hagar" reunion falls flat on it's collective ass. Fuck those assholes for ignoring the fans and quadruple fuck them for thinking that anyone besides fucking pod-people zombies care about Spam. Go ahead, continue to piss on the entire HALEN legacy.

Van Gaygar 2004:

Edward Van Halen - Drunk, Recluse, Guitar, Tuba, New Hip

Alex Van Halen - Control Freak, Drums, Neckbrace, Shadow of his Brother's talent, Multiple Alimony Payments

Sammy Hagar - Pajama, Capri, Clown Attire, Convicted Multiple Lyrical Homicide, Senior Citizen, President of The Cabo San Lucas Chapter Overeaters Anonymous, Worships Ronald McDonald's look

Michael Anthony - Does whatever is told, Bass, Hotsauce, Lives to be Spammy's "Grimace" in The Cabo version of McCheeseland.

Bust out the kleenex, the pepto, metamucil and exlax world!!! Van Hagar is ready to rock! Exlax is very necessary cos cheese is well known to make one extremely constipated.

Good luck for anyone who is lactose intolerant cos you're going to need it!!!

Well said buddy! :donkey: :monekyr:

MAX
02-23-2004, 11:59 PM
Muchas Gracias to my new friend Panamark and I thank you for the kind words my friend!!!

EVH FANATIC, you've been my "bestusssst" of a buddy for a couple of years runnin' and nothing's changed bro!!!

DLR7884, I really thank you for your props man!

With all of that stated, I would say all is well in the world of ROTH AND ROLL!!!!

rwc
02-26-2004, 09:05 PM
Who cares about the VH brothers. I'd rather see Dave with his current lineup playing more of his solo stuff.

WOAHYEAH
02-26-2004, 09:08 PM
March 15th.