PDA

View Full Version : Guns 'n' Roses - hits but still no Chinese Democracy

Mr Grimsdale
02-17-2004, 03:42 AM
Guns 'n' Roses - hits but still no Chinese Democracy (http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_866722.html?menu=)

Guns 'n' Roses are to release a Greatest Hits album this year instead of the long awaited new studio album, Chinese Democracy.

The greatest hits compilation will not feature any tracks from Chinese Democracy, which has been anticipated for years.

The band's last studio album, the covers album The Spaghetti Incident?, came out 11 years ago, reports NME.com.

According to Australian website Undercover, the album is due for release in Australia in April. Release dates for the UK are currently unconfirmed.

The full tracklisting for the album is: Welcome To The Jungle, Live And Let Die, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Sweet Child O' Mine, November Rain, Patience, Paradise City, Civil War, You Could Be Mine, Don't Cry, Yesterdays, Ain't It Fun, Since I Don't Have You, Sympathy For The Devil.

It's not clear when Chinese Democracy will finally be released.

Story filed: 15:38 Monday 16th February 2004

Mr Grimsdale
02-17-2004, 03:42 AM
pull yer finger out axl

Panamark
02-17-2004, 05:54 AM
Axl is a cunt

Golden AWe
02-17-2004, 08:00 AM
I love "The Blues" amongst the Chinese democracy tracks...but boy is Axl and his voice already pretty fucked up...

Mr Badguy
02-17-2004, 08:21 AM
Why isn`t that song from the "End of days" soundtrack on it?

It has already had an official release.

Little Texan
02-17-2004, 01:10 PM
"Oh My God" that song sucked. I'm glad they're not including that shit song on their GH release.

Golden AWe
02-17-2004, 02:31 PM
btw the song list for the hits album sucks, there's five covers among the 14 songs...what can I say, Axl's almost like Diamond Dave

PHOENIX
02-17-2004, 03:38 PM
Axl is waiting for Slash and the boys to put out their album first.

Mr Grimsdale
02-17-2004, 06:31 PM
axl is waiting to draw his pension

ALinChainz
02-18-2004, 01:02 AM
If it has to do with GnR, how smooth could things be. Even with a lame GH album, there has to snags.

By Jonathan Cohen

NEW YORK (Billboard) - While work continues on Guns N' Roses' endlessly delayed album "Chinese Democracy," Geffen Records has set a March 23 release date for "Greatest Hits," compiling 14 of the hard rock act's best-known tracks.

The album boasts such favorites as "Welcome to the Jungle," "Sweet Child O' Mine," "Patience," "Paradise City" and a cover of the Rolling Stones' "Sympathy for the Devil" from the "Interview With a Vampire" soundtrack.

This is the third archival Guns N' Roses release since last fall, when Geffen issued DVDs of the home videos "Welcome to the Videos" and the two-volume "Use Your Illusion."

However, according to sources, the band did not give its consent for "Greatest Hits" to move forward and may pursue legal action to block its release.

The group, which revolves around sole original member Axl Rose, will return to the live stage May 30 at the Rock in Rio-Lisbon festival in Lisbon, Portugal. It will be GNR's first live appearance since a disastrous 2002 comeback tour, which was canceled with 13 dates remaining.

As for "Chinese Democracy," it is unknown when the album will be released. Bassist Tommy Stinson told Billboard.com last year that finishing touches were being applied to the set before it would be sent off for mixing.

DlocRoth
02-18-2004, 10:50 AM
that set list SUCKS. WHERE THE FUCK IS MR BROWNSTONE? Rocket queen? I used to love her?

Mr Grimsdale
02-18-2004, 03:13 PM
did you?

Mr Badguy
02-18-2004, 05:05 PM
Fuck it!

"Appetite for destruction" is all the GnR you need.

FORD
02-18-2004, 06:14 PM
Axl Rose should join Boston. At least they manage to release an album every eight years or so. And he couldn't possibly do worse than whoever the fuck was singing 8 of the 10 songs on Boston's last record.

Mr Grimsdale
02-19-2004, 05:24 AM
NOT SO GREAT GUNS! (http://www.nme.com/news/107567.htm)

GUNS N' ROSES fans are upset over the imminent release of a greatest hits album.

As previously reported on NME.COM, the next album from the band will not be the long awaited 'Chinese Democracy', but a compilation of the band's biggest hits.

Fans have begun an online petition on unofficial site heretodaygonetohell.com, and are emailing Universal Music to prevent the release, believing the tracklisting on the greatest hits album to be poor, and are disappointed that it will contain no extras.

'Chinese Democracy' still has no confirmed release date, while the compilation is out on March 15 in the UK.

DlocRoth
02-19-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
did you?

but i had to kill her

Mr Grimsdale
02-19-2004, 11:23 AM
HA!

One Voice
02-20-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Axl Rose should join Boston. At least they manage to release an album every eight years or so. And he couldn't possibly do worse than whoever the fuck was singing 8 of the 10 songs on Boston's last record.

I dont think there is room for two ego's in Boston either.

DLR7884
02-21-2004, 01:06 PM
At least they are including the cover of "Sympathy For The Devil."

I bought the single for that after it came out in 1994.

Every party we have at my house people want to hear it.

DLR7884
Great track, but the album is a shitty idea, with a shitty setlist.

Gmoney
02-22-2004, 08:10 AM
Axl should just give it up. It's not the same witthout Slash and Izy!!

Plus, he needs to carpool to Jenny Craig with Hagar and Vince Neill.

Mr Grimsdale
02-22-2004, 06:20 PM
is that wendy craigs' sister?