PDA

View Full Version : Van Schmagar

Panamark
02-17-2004, 04:14 AM
So whats the farken story ? Is Spammy back in or wot ? That fucker keeps doing solo gigs ? So much for that rumour.....

And can somebody please tell me why that little farken island at the bottom of my country, is the only place in the world that supposedly
knows whats happening with Van Halen ? Is it just me or is that a "What The Fuck" moment right there ??

I mean why prolong everybodies agony ? If Hagar is back in, bring it on, let it fail. A new Van Hagar album bombing worse than VHIII would have to be the most just course of action the cosmos could dish out !
I for one, would love to see that.

But when do we call this shit, shit ? Its god damn nearly March and still no official word ? Time to call Tasmania !!

Terry
02-17-2004, 07:28 PM
There's only one Van Halen lineup worth reuniting, and Sammy and Gary aren't in it.

Even if Sam Halen reunites and sells well/moves a lot of tickets, it'll still be worth it; everyone needs a good laugh and it'll stink on ice no matter how much money is made.

Ed and Al have been in a haze for what, coming on five years now? Why would they bother to rush and put out the word now about Sam rejoining? Not like anyone's on the edge of their seat in anticipation.

Have to agree that if there's any justice this whole Van Hagar reunion will fall flat on it's ass, but those guys did sell more than a few records from 1986 to 1994. Apparently there are more chowderheads out there who like their rock soft and sissified than previously imagined.

I could see them selling 3/4 if a million copies and filling some mid-sized arenas (10,000 -15,000 seaters).

Wouldn't be close to the business they could do if Dave rejoined, but whatever.

TMR
02-17-2004, 10:29 PM
Ed doesn't care about fans or his own music.

Ed knows if he can get Spam back in the band, at least there would be some record salses....lol

I wish Ed would come out with a real statement then lying all the time, but when under the influence it must be hard to think straight....lol

If Ed would have listened to Dave back in 2000 instead of being a puss, you would of had some awesome music released. Dave is the only one that can motivate Ed on the guitar.

That pure Negative energy drives Ed to play better!!

David Lee Roth is all that matters and I truly enjoyed this last cd release....It's Dave and he probably made a cd with all cover tunes to re-ignite a stellar cd down the line here.

Dave also could be waiting for Steve to come off tour!!

TMR
02-17-2004, 10:31 PM
RUMORS help time go by!!!

Panamark
02-18-2004, 12:00 AM
Im not sure Van Hagar would even sell 3/4 million. For it to tank worse than VHIII it needs to sell less than 1/2 million. Of course the Spamheads will tell us it failed because it was only a "Best of" with two new Spammy tracks. Luckily we have BOV1 to throw back at them !

I see there is a new rumour today involving an Altanta radio station and a blurred pic of Ed. Good to see that there is some sources of indisputeable Van Halen information, outside of Tasmania :) Although the scary thing is, these Altanta dudes are probably basing their shit on the Tassie info !!

thebuldawg
02-18-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by TMR
Dave also could be waiting for Steve to come off tour!!

Ahhh, now that would be sweet!

rustoffa
02-18-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Im not sure Van Hagar would even sell 3/4 million. For it to tank worse than VHIII it needs to sell less than 1/2 million. Of course the Spamheads will tell us it failed because it was only a "Best of" with two new Spammy tracks. Luckily we have BOV1 to throw back at them !

I see there is a new rumour today involving an Altanta radio station and a blurred pic of Ed. Good to see that there is some sources of indisputeable Van Halen information, outside of Tasmania :) Although the scary thing is, these Altanta dudes are probably basing their shit on the Tassie info !!
I dunno man,the flippety-flop sound of an awakening mob of overweight van hagar fans in half-strapped birkenstocks could be frightening.If it happens,someone could throw a bunch of cocktail weenies towards the ticket window and enjoy the carnage.

One Voice
02-19-2004, 08:43 AM
Thats fucking funny.

Steve Savicki
02-19-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
So whats the farken story ? Is Spammy back in or wot ?

What don't you ask Bradman to update van-halen.com ?
Or e-mail him bradman@van-halen.com .
Maybe Brett has the latest info.

Terry
02-19-2004, 05:18 PM
I could see it do upwards of a million only because Van Hagar did sell over 2 million with each release, and I'm sure there are plenty of Red Troll Lovers and Eddie Grunts out there who will buy whatever is put out.