PDA

View Full Version : DLR Band album as vehicle for reunion?

BenJammin
02-24-2005, 07:19 PM
DLR Band..Who agrees with me that the DLR Band album would have been a blockbuster if it had been done with VH? In other words, if DLR had gotten back with Ed and they used all of Dave's ideas with Ed doing the guitar work and packaged as a reunion album, it would have been what most of this board have been basically desiring?

My favorites being:
Tight
Slam Dunk
Blacklight
Blacksand
King of the Hill
Wa Wu Zat!

Undeservingly overlooked by the mainstream.:mad:

cwsmith17
02-24-2005, 10:55 PM
Dave singing was his "worst" singing on that album.

Rikk
02-24-2005, 11:11 PM
Great album. LITTLE TEXAS is my favorite Dave solo track!

little nicky
02-25-2005, 01:37 AM
That record was awesome and so was the tour that followed it. I just personally wish David would have had a better producer. Betty Page was an excellent CD cover idea.

BenJammin
02-25-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by cwsmith17
Dave singing was his "worst" singing on that album.

So you mean you liked it? What I am getting from the double "" quotes is that you meant he still did pretty f'n awesome.

DLR7884
02-25-2005, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by BenJammin
So you mean you liked it? What I am getting from the double "" quotes is that you meant he still did pretty f'n awesome.

Don't "confuse" him.

"He's" a "moron" who eoesn't "know" how to use "quotation" marks correctly.

DLR7884
It's "pretty" sad huh? "LOL."

cwsmith17
02-25-2005, 05:10 PM
You can't spell.

DLR7884
02-25-2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by cwsmith17
You can't spell.

What did I spell wrong?

DLR7884
?

Vanstonica
02-25-2005, 05:29 PM
I also wish the production on that album was a little better. Still, it's my favorite of his Dave's albums.

Weekend with the Babysitter is my personal favorite.

DLR7884
02-25-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
What did I spell wrong?

DLR7884
?

Oh, I see, I DOESN'T was spelled wrong.

DLR7884
You really fucking nailed me on that one!

BenJammin
02-26-2005, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Vanstonica
I also wish the production on that album was a little better. Still, it's my favorite of his Dave's albums.

Weekend with the Babysitter is my personal favorite.

Yeah, I guess that was part of the message I was trying to get across... if Ted Templeman and Ed had been there with Dave, this album would have soared. Notice I don't bring up Alex or Mike, cause they don't matter! All Al does is tell his brother not to get back with Dave, and Mike is just a suck-ass who doesn't want to disrupt his meal ticket.

When will they realize what the principal elements are in the chemistry that was CVH?!

cwsmith17
02-27-2005, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by BenJammin
Yeah, I guess that was part of the message I was trying to get across... if Ted Templeman and Ed had been there with Dave, this album would have soared. Notice I don't bring up Alex or Mike, cause they don't matter! All Al does is tell his brother not to get back with Dave, and Mike is just a suck-ass who doesn't want to disrupt his meal ticket.

When will they realize what the principal elements are in the chemistry that was CVH?!

I couldn't agree with you more. The album did rock, but if it was done by VH it would have ripped up the charts.

PenguinsKID1986
03-01-2005, 05:12 PM
Dave produced it, wawazat is Dave. The song tight was originally written for the Howard Stern movie. Howard wanted Van Halen with Dave to do a new song for 1 millon bucks, thats when every thing started leaking out

Terry
03-02-2005, 10:09 AM
Certain tunes on it have the classic Van Halen sound stamped all over them (Slam Dunk, Little Texas) to the point where I could easily see CVH doing them. Lot of the tunes that rocked hard (King Of The Hill, Indeedido) are just not compatable with what the remnants of Van Halen are doing now.

Production was a little raw, agreed. Problem is, Eddie doesn't really come up with riffs like the ones on the DLR album anymore. He seems unable to go back to the concise power of his CVH sound and writing style...put it this way, I enjoyed what was on the DLR album far more than the two tracks on BOV1.

DLR Band is a great fucking album in its own right, though. Easily gets the most play from me in terms of DLR solo next to EEAS. When I first heard Slam Dunk, thought it was easily the best Van Halen song put out in 14 years (hee hee).