PDA

View Full Version : Hospital Kicks 74 Year Old Heart Attack Victim Out Of Room For Jacko

blueturk
02-26-2005, 05:40 PM
Marian Medical Center in Santa Maria, CA moved a 74 year old heart attack victim out of her room and into a smaller one so that Michael Jackson could have it. Evidently the hospital decided that Jacko needed more room for his "stomach flu" than the woman needed after having a heart attack. The woman had two more heart attacks and died after being moved. WTF ??!!

Family at odds with Jackson, hospital

They say he was given special treatment that contributed to death

Associated Press 2/26/05

SANTA MARIA, Calif. - Family members of a 74-year-old heart attack victim said Friday that a hospital's focus on accommodating a flu-stricken Michael Jackson contributed to their loved one's death.

The family of Manuela Gomez Ruiz, 74, told ABC's "Good Morning America" that she was moved to a smaller hospital room so Jackson could have the larger room when he was admitted last week. Ruiz was being treated for a heart attack, the family said, and had two more heart attacks after being moved and died the same day.

Family members said they have hired an attorney and plan to sue the hospital and Jackson.

"Why does she have to be moved if he's coming in for a stomach flu?" said Maria Elena Ortiz, the patient's daughter. "I said, `My mother just had a heart attack and I think it's more critical than a stomach flu.' They didn't say anything."

Jackson publicist Raymone Bain blasted the ABC report in a statement in which the singer offered his condolences to the Ruiz family.

"It is outrageous that Michael Jackson's name would be invoked into a situation of which he had no authority or control. He was a patient himself," the statement said.

The hospital also offered condolences to the family, but said patient privacy laws and hospital rules prevented comment specific to Ruiz's care.

"We are confident, however, that our patients have and continue to receive high-quality, compassionate and timely care," the hospital's statement said.

Ortiz did not immediately return a telephone call Friday from The Associated Press.

Jackson's overnight hospitalization ended Feb. 16, forcing a postponement of jury selection in his child molestation case.

Golden AWe
02-26-2005, 06:03 PM
well, jacko is a pedo-wacko...but he's a rich pedo-wacko

guwapo_rocker
02-26-2005, 10:16 PM
Fry the faggot!

bueno bob
02-27-2005, 02:25 AM
That's a fucking hospital for you. Jacko may or may not have had anything to do with the move, but I wouldn't put it past him. Still, it's even more proof positive that hospitals, quite frankly, don't give a fuck about it's patients and have only one interest - that interest is who can contribute the most money to it's wallet. I've been aware of that fact for the last ten fucking years and greed is a bitch that just won't die.

Each and every one of the mother fuckers on staff that night should be fired and sued into a fucking oblivion.

Cathedral
02-27-2005, 03:07 AM
They'll win the case because the move may have caused undue trauma to the deceased which could have triggered the other two heart attacks.
As much as i hate to say it though, Michael may not be a defendant since he was a patient himself regardless of the extent of his illness.

To me, the Hospital is completely responsible for the move.
Jacko cannot help that the staff took favor over his celebrity status.

But, from another angle, he is all of a sudden going to the Hospital which is holding up his other legal issues.
He is stalling and it may have inadvertently contributed to the womans death.

He doesn't care though, he's planning to flee the country or will kill himself to avoid going to prison.
Then again, the woman in the pedo case seems to have a track record of suing people....he may walk again.

JCOOK
02-27-2005, 03:13 AM
goddamn it he's michael jackson!

blueturk
02-27-2005, 12:25 PM
Read this shit from Fox News. I don't know what it is, but this whole thing just pisses me off to no fucking end.All the trouble these bastards went to for a child molester with the flu! Taking a 74 year old woman who just had a massive heart attack off of a ventilator...I hope these cocksuckers lose their ass.

In other news, a 74-year-old woman who had suffered a massive heart attack died at a Santa Maria hospital after being moved out of a trauma room to make way for Jackson, the patient's family said.

Jury selection in Jackson's child molestation trial had to be temporarily postponed Feb. 15 when the pop star was taken to Marian Medical Center, complaining of flu symptoms.

When Jackson arrived, Manuela Gomez Ruiz was moved from the primary trauma room and taken off a machine ventilator, with her breathing assisted manually by hand pump, until she was relocated to a smaller room nearby, her family told ABC News.

kentuckyklira
02-27-2005, 12:26 PM
Capitalism is great!

Chooch MaGooch
02-27-2005, 01:03 PM
Don't ever go to a doctor whose office plants have died!!

smaz
02-27-2005, 05:37 PM
I can't see how that's Jacksons fault really. The hospital moved the woman, he went where he was told. Sue the hospital, they are to blame, but Jackson had no control over it.

Chooch MaGooch
02-27-2005, 06:01 PM
Jackson should be hung!!!

BITEYOASS
02-27-2005, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Chooch MaGooch
Jackson should be hung!!!

Don't worry, he is gonna wind up being a high priced bitch in San Quentin.

Chooch MaGooch
02-27-2005, 06:08 PM
Bubba's gonna give him some lovin'!!!

JCOOK
02-28-2005, 03:42 PM
On a side note the room was next to the pediatric ward. (seriuosly)!