PDA

View Full Version : i hate wolfgang guitars!

buckshotjenkins
02-27-2005, 02:39 AM
maybe i'm just basing this on trying out the lower end model, but i didn't like the wolfgang...i love ed and had a 5150 combo, but i like strat shaped guitars more...i really dig the old ed setup (one humbucker and a floyd), but having a wolfgang kinda pegs you as being a VH freak while your in your own band. not as bad as having a red guitar with black and white stripes but...:rolleyes:

Eyes of the Night
02-27-2005, 06:07 AM
;)

Well, I sure liked my 1578.00 dollar one ... enough to ruin it with my own version of kramer stripes on a wolf ... like you I dug the 86 setup as well, shit even the 84 model is the 86 model ...

But the trem ... good god ya'll!!! I floated this bitch myself to make the "roars and screams" much like on LWAN were he puts on a clinic ... The Wolfs are "resessed" for tonality ... whatever Edvard, I want those primal screams!!! ...

Yup, poser Eyes not only with a wolf, the black with ivory trim that's on those later VH shirts BUT, ah yes a 5150II regutted with Groovetubes plowing through a Marshall 160A lead cab my bre ...

Half of which I cou;dn't of done without the help of peeps' suggestions here on this site ...

Amen, preach it!!!

I'm on a mission really ... 1 year to spread the love back up here in seattle ... Van Grunge, or as it may high energy grunge!!! That's some doo dah right there kids ...

http://eyes5150.homestead.com/files/Eyes/026.jpg

Eyes of the Night
02-27-2005, 04:21 PM
Lucky for me though and just thought about this is that it was such a shitty paint job because I didn't have a cheat sheet that the paint ran like a bitch on the back and the front's already showing wear ... maybe the paint will just chip right off naturally back to it's basic form again:D ...

Cathedral
02-28-2005, 01:56 AM
Eyes, did you sand it before you painted it?
If not then it will rub off cause you gave the paint nothing to "bite" into.

Vintage Charvel's still give me wood, so if it ain't broke, don't fix it. :)

Eyes of the Night
02-28-2005, 02:33 AM
Nope, "she ran like a bitch" ... lmao

http://eyes5150.homestead.com/files/Eyes/023.jpg

Could you sandpaper candy apple red?
http://eyes5150.homestead.com/files/Eyes/35.bmp

Nitro Express
03-01-2005, 02:28 PM
I actually like my $600 Korean made Wolgang better than my USA made Wolfgang. It sounds great and I love the neck and continues to get better as she breaks in but Wolfies have more of a Telecaster feel to them.

My main squeeze is a Les Paul so having a hard edge digging into my arm and no recess on the back is a world I'm used to living in. Strat styled guitars with the contour body are more comfortable but for some crazy reason, I like a big uncomfortable block of wood hanging from my neck

I also like the Musicman Axis.

I don't feel like an EVH poser with a Wolfgang but if it had stripes all over it I totally would. Does playing an off the rack Les Paul make you a Les Paul poser? Of course Ed's guitar design will never reach the legacy of Les Paul's but both are off the rack, store bought guitars. Some people love em and some can't stand them.

Nitro Express
03-01-2005, 02:32 PM
Nobody was putting humbuckers in strat syled guitar until Ed started doing it. So really, playing any modern shred guitar like a Jackson or an Ibanez would still be influenced by the man who invented the original super Strat. Ed invented shread. Nobody was really doing it before he hit the world with Eruption.

Denny
03-02-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Nobody was putting humbuckers in strat syled guitar until Ed started doing it. So really, playing any modern shred guitar like a Jackson or an Ibanez would still be influenced by the man who invented the original super Strat. Ed invented shread. Nobody was really doing it before he hit the world with Eruption.

Wrong!!!! Wrong!!! Wrong!!!!

Robbie Robertson did that before Eddie Van Halen.

Nitro Express
03-02-2005, 08:31 PM
Hell, Roy Clark on Hee Haw was burning up the fretboard on his banjo too. Nobody knows who Robbie Robertson is. As David Lee Roth once said,"Eddie Van Halen reinvented the guitar". Now Eddie probably wasn't really doing anything different than some other players but he became known for doing it.

Kinda like men with big dicks have been fucking women for years but Ron Jeremy is famouse for it because he got the media exposure. LOL!

Terry
03-02-2005, 10:29 PM
Bought a Strat-style Charvel closing in on twenty years ago, one double humbucker in the bridge position, one knob for volume, no tone. Still serves its purpose.

Eddies body designs just don't do it for me.

Matt White
03-03-2005, 12:15 AM
I bought a American Wolfgang back in 1998. It FUCKING ROARS!!!

Cathedral
03-03-2005, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by Eyes
Nope, "she ran like a bitch" ... lmao

http://eyes5150.homestead.com/files/Eyes/023.jpg

Could you sandpaper candy apple red?
http://eyes5150.homestead.com/files/Eyes/35.bmp

Yes, I can sand Candy Apple Red, I hate that color, lol.

Just use a 600-800 grit paper and scuff it up real good, that means sand it lightly without breaking through the original finish. You can restore the original finish later doing it that way.

I have an old Aria Pro II that has been painted a dozen different ways and the Pearl White is still intact underneath it.
I may restore that one once i find all the stock wiring for it.

Terry
03-03-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
I bought a American Wolfgang back in 1998. It FUCKING ROARS!!!

Actually, that Wolfgang in total black doesn't look too shabby. May have to rethink my position.

Eyes of the Night
03-04-2005, 03:13 AM
Rock the fuck on MW ... you just got a 5 star my bre! ... haha, Terry lookin' all dumb now ... hehe, just walk on home boy!!!:p ...

Cat, it's the type of finish that I'm worries aboot ... didn't pick up real well on those pics ... cunt explain it neither ... but will def try your sugg fo snizzle!

MW, she hasn't roared half of what she can if you FLOATED IT ... otherwise you just get HALF THE ROAR!!! ... niiice

Nitro Express
03-04-2005, 03:32 AM
I have a black Wolfgang as well. I think they look great! Now a Wolfgang special with the gold painted body looks like pure shit. Come to think of it, most my guitars are black. My Harley is black too.