PDA

View Full Version : Fender Amps (What do you have)

pongracj
02-17-2004, 03:28 PM
Hey Everyone

I just picked this Fender amp up. Its a Fender Pro 185, and is rated at 185 watts. It has two
twelve inch speackers and also and effects loop.

Panamark
02-17-2004, 11:46 PM
I like these Amps, if I didnt love Marshalls so much, I would own a Fender Amp. I think 185watts will be loud enough to hear yourself over the Drummer :)

diamond den™
02-18-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by pongracj
Hey Everyone

I just picked this Fender amp up. Its a Fender Pro 185, and is rated at 185 watts. It has two
twelve inch speackers and also and effects loop.

Fender Amps are really fucking good. Last year I was a friends house and he has a Fender Princeton 65 there. That is a great Amp from Fender too that is very reasonably priced and sounds very nice indeed.

The Best Fender Amp is the Twin Reverb Deluxe. Pete Townshend used one of those on "Baba 'O Riley" and "Won't get fooled again".

Steve Lukather also used a Twin Reverb Deluxe extensively for Sessions and the first 2 Toto Albums. The Twin Reverb Deluxe was his main Amp for nearly 4 years.

:)

Big Troubles
02-18-2004, 08:56 AM
LOL Ive got a ViBE split channel with 100 watts. Its great. Its not a marshall stack or fender but Im still making the right kind of tune I need. I hook up my phase shifter, boss metal zone and stereo digital delay effects pedals and voila. Im left wondering why I needed a bigger amp or brand named one...?

Big Troubles
02-18-2004, 09:00 AM
of course now I just need to spend some money on lessons. That couldn't hurt eh? Then again I read, that quite a few people that play real well, still dont know scales and all they do, is play by ear. Maybe thats all I need. PRACTICE. LOL

BigBadBrian
02-18-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by diamond den™
Fender Amps are really fucking good. Last year I was a friends house and he has a Fender Princeton 65 there. That is a great Amp from Fender too that is very reasonably priced and sounds very nice indeed.

The Best Fender Amp is the Twin Reverb Deluxe. Pete Townshend used one of those on "Baba 'O Riley" and "Won't get fooled again".

Steve Lukather also used a Twin Reverb Deluxe extensively for Sessions and the first 2 Toto Albums. The Twin Reverb Deluxe was his main Amp for nearly 4 years.

:)

I agree. The Princeton is a great amp in my opinion. You either like Fender amps or you don't. I do. I like the Twin Reverb also, but don't have the $$$$ for one. Something about the kids' college fund. ;)

ThrillsNSpills
02-18-2004, 11:14 AM
I got a Fender Super Reverb from the 70's.
I had it re-tubed and biased and it sounds unbelievable.

I got it from a friend of a bass player I was working with at the time who's wife wanted him to "clean out the garbage" in the basement.
Garbage?????????????

So I walk out with this amp and a Gibson guitar from'69 that were hardly used for 175.

I sold the guitar and fixed the amp and I use it live with a little processing and I am ecstatic over the score. I have a Marshall also but find myself using the Fender. I love it.

Dirty Faced Kid
03-08-2004, 02:19 PM
Fender Blues Deluxe combo with blond tweed covering and oxblood grill. Great little amp (although the stock speaker is a piece of shit).

DFK

BrownSound1
03-09-2004, 05:03 PM
Just sold a mid 70's model Twin Reverb.....yeah I know I'm a dumbass.

Cathedral
03-21-2004, 12:46 AM
I had a Fender Champ until the Tom Scholz Power Soak came into the house......Fender Amps burn just as well as any other amp...I like fire.