PDA

View Full Version : The big problem with the Oscars

Seshmeister
02-27-2005, 08:51 PM
While the experts in a field like sound effects or costume design make the nominations the final vote is by the whole Academy.

This means you have a bunch of old actors voting on 'Art Design'.

Who the fuck knows what that even is...:)

All the minor Oscars are just fucking ticking the box of the film you liked or the studio you have just got a gig with.

I see the Aviator just won best 'Art Direction'...

This is why often a film wins 10 Oscars whereas at other awards it's split more evenly.

Chooch MaGooch
02-27-2005, 08:55 PM
The chicks aren't naked.

rustoffa
02-27-2005, 08:56 PM
Man, some of those outlandish evening gowns look pretty fucking stupid.

Seshmeister
02-27-2005, 09:05 PM
Ha that was a pretty nerdy post.

Sorry it was just bugging me for no aparent reason.

rustoffa
02-27-2005, 09:11 PM
:D

Cathedral
02-27-2005, 09:22 PM
I'll tell you what's wrong with the Oscars....They're completely Liberal in their presentations.

I can live with that, it doesn't effect my enjoyment of the films.

Seshmeister
02-27-2005, 09:29 PM
Cat from where I sit that's bullshit.

In the UK whether it was a right wing or left wing government that was in power they are fair game and it's important to take them on.

It's called satire and it's the cornerstone of democracy.

Only in the US would you get boos for poking fun at the government,

Seshmeister
02-27-2005, 09:30 PM
Incidently apparently Robin Williams was wearing tape over his mouth because he wasn't allowed to sing a funny song he had writen.

Anyone know what it was about?

Seshmeister
02-27-2005, 09:32 PM
Funniest moment so far was when they did the thing from South LA where cinema goers had to give an acceptance speech and the woman thanked her baby and Rock asked what about the father?

Her expression was priceless...

Nickdfresh
02-27-2005, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
I'll tell you what's wrong with the Oscars....They're completely Liberal in their presentations.

I can live with that, it doesn't effect my enjoyment of the films.

What exactly do you mean? I've heard them thank the and bless the "troops" two or three times now.

Seshmeister
02-27-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
What exactly do you mean? I've heard them thank the and bless the "troops" two or three times now.

Using the phrase 'thank you for protecting our freedom' which is a kop out pile of shit obviously...

'Thank you for killing innocent people in our economic interest' doesn't sound so good...

Nickdfresh
02-27-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Using the phrase 'thank you for protecting our freedom' which is a kop out pile of shit obviously...

'Thank you for killing innocent people in our economic interest' doesn't sound so good...

Most of the people we are killing are not really innocent. Just the ones that get in the way.

And the troops themselves don't make policy decisions, whether they're in the 101st Airborne or the Black Watch Regiment. You know that Sesh.

Seshmeister
02-27-2005, 10:31 PM
I know but they sure as hell aren't protecting my freedom or anyone elses...

Nickdfresh
02-27-2005, 10:34 PM
I know but they sure as hell aren't protecting my freedom or anyone elses...

No. But they are almost as much victims as anyone else in Iraq. Only much better armed and equipped.

light 'em up!
02-27-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Man, some of those outlandish evening gowns look pretty fucking stupid.

No doubt... Beyoncé looked like she had a fucking chandelier wrapped around her neck... so tacky... and the way some of these cheeseballs look into the camera... it's disturbing and hilarious all at the same time.

rustoffa
02-27-2005, 10:48 PM
I kept waiting for zellwigger to trip over her shit.

But bouncey had that Siouxsie Sioux eye makeup shit going when she did the song....

It's all still a load of crap.

Snatchslayer
02-27-2005, 10:56 PM
man that mexican chick with the big boobs....who the hell is she my police scanner was on when i i was looking over at the tube....

Cathedral
02-27-2005, 10:56 PM
Damn, all i said is that they are liberal in their presentations, and THAT IT DOESN'T BOTHER ME!.

I'm well aware that Governments are not off limits, and it was done in fun, but it doesn't change the fact that Hollywood is Liberal, it's a fact and i'm not attacking anyone for it, sheesh.

Y'all need to relax and let other people have an opinion sometimes.

Excuse me if it ruffled your feathers, but get over it, it's true

Seshmeister
02-27-2005, 11:07 PM
:)

Nickdfresh
02-27-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Snatchslayer
man that mexican chick with the big boobs....who the hell is she my police scanner was on when i i was looking over at the tube....

That would be the talented Selma Hayek.
http://www.bosnia.ba/admin/slike/lifestyle/selmahayek.jpg
http://xhant04.szm.sk/s_park/celeb/hayek4.jpg

Cathedral
02-27-2005, 11:10 PM
LMMFAO, You're a trip, Sesh.. (added an extra . cause i forgot to end my rant above with one :) )

Seshmeister
02-27-2005, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
That would be the talented Selma Hayek.
http://www.bosnia.ba/admin/slike/lifestyle/selmahayek.jpg
http://xhant04.szm.sk/s_park/celeb/hayek4.jpg

The SM literally punched me in the cinema for drooling when Salma appered with the snake during Dusk Till Dawn...

Selma is Homer's sister in law I thought...:)

Nickdfresh
02-28-2005, 12:31 AM
The SM literally punched me in the cinema for drooling when Salma appered with the snake during Dusk Till Dawn...

Selma is Homer's sister in law I thought...:)

No dude, it is SELMA!

There's an art film, whose title escapes me at the moment, where she plays a bi-sexual...ohhh man is it hot! Also, see FRITA, where she plays the legendary bi-sexual Mexican painter.
http://studentweb.hunter.cuny.edu/students/jladino/Selma%20Hayek.jpeg