PDA

View Full Version : Check it out...

JuniorsGrades
02-17-2004, 07:43 PM
I don't know...something might be brewing...who's going to be fronting the band....I don't know....click on the link below and scroll down just a bit when entering the sight....it's from a station in Atlanta...

http://www.96rock.com/main.html

JuniorsGrades
02-17-2004, 07:46 PM
Plus, if you go to the official VH site, it is listed as they played in Atlanta on May 23, 1978 at the Fox Theater....

seenbad
02-17-2004, 08:15 PM
But do NOT mention that you saw this at the links first, whatever you do! lol. You guys crack me up with your innuendo's.

Igosplut
02-17-2004, 08:16 PM
DJs have the inside track on everything.

Just ask 'em.........

Va Beach VH Fan
02-17-2004, 08:18 PM
Oh I will bust a nut laughing at the sheep if this turns out to be true !!!

For those of you who just deplore hyperlinking, here's what the 96rock article says;

The Reunion They Said Wouldn't Happen

They formed in 1973, became their namesake in '74, 96rock brought them to Atlanta for the first time on April 23, 1978 at the Fox Theater, and it's been six long years since they last played the A-T-L. Keep listening for a major concert announcement...SOON!

And, while we're at it, here's the link and a snippet from "Fat Tone" at the SHLinks about what they're talkin' 'bout....

http://www.vhforums.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB2&Number=471416&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

I just got off of the phone with our Marketing guy at Wild Bill's. He just got off of the phone with 96 Rock inside guys. Clear Channel is handling the announcement of course and it came from Clear Channel's mouth that the tour will be both Hagar AND Roth. Hard to believe. But they have no reason to bull shit us because we advertise a shitload on that station. I of course have no reason to bull shit you guys. I have been a member for four years and always pass along any info that I think is legitimate. This is too wild. Tom ( our marketing guy ) said that the announcement of the tour will coincide with the BOV II release.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-17-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by seenbad
But do NOT mention that you saw this at the links first, whatever you do! lol. You guys crack me up with your innuendo's.

I give credit where it's due Seen.... :D

We'll just wait and see, along with all of the other 85,000 rumors during the last 5 years....

JuniorsGrades
02-17-2004, 08:35 PM
I'm sorry...I'll never post again...:(

Va Beach VH Fan
02-17-2004, 08:44 PM
Pretty interesting how this is panning out and the reaction that fans of both SH and DLR are making to this rumor....

Most of the other VH sites picked up on the 96Rock link already, but they're all assuming it's pertaining to the official annoucement for Hagar....

Unless they read Fat Tone's post at the Links it'll stay that way....

Oh well, once again, we shall see....

seenbad
02-17-2004, 08:45 PM
I think it's all a bunch of shit.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-17-2004, 08:50 PM
Very well may be Seen...

Lord knows we've seen posts from reputable posters before that have turned out to be bullshit....

Something about this one though, got a different feel to it...

Or maybe it's just the wishful thinking.... :D

Viking
02-17-2004, 09:18 PM
I don't give this rumor any more weight than any others, but I'll admit that A: 96 Rock does have that tease on their main page, and B: a year ago, we never would have thunk that there'd have been a Roth/Hagar tour, either. I suppose it's just as likely as Dave slumming in Vegas. :D :D :D Maybe that whole Vegas thing, along with Hagar ripping Dave all the time while Dave takes the high road, is their way of fucking with us.

rustoffa
02-17-2004, 10:25 PM
I think the afternoon show mentioned this Friday....took it with a tablespoon of salt.

MikeVanHln
02-17-2004, 10:29 PM
Guys, we've all been around long enough to realize that these "rumors" are all bullshit. I know VaBeachVHFan has been around a while too and has seen em all just like the rest of us. Rumors give us all hope. Hope that one day the best band ever will give us what we want. VaBVHF, What's the buzz down there in VA? Is anyone talking about it or is the station just a bunch of fags that talk shit. Keep us posted!

JuniorsGrades
02-17-2004, 11:02 PM
The way they advertized it though...it all points to early VH, but you don't hear any kind of rumor about VH getting back with Dave....nothing....it's all about Sammy...I got a bad feeling about this one....:mad:

Viking
02-17-2004, 11:35 PM
Listen, I'm only here for the warm pussy and cold beer at this point. Nobody but fuckin' Hagar has released an album with an amplifier on it since DLR Band hit the streets. Ed's turned into a Howard Fuckin' Hughes recluse. Al's probably too busy negotiating a pre-nup with bride #23. Mike's slumming it with pick-up gigs and cooking hot sauce, when he's not Turtle Waxing his street rods. And God knows, none of us have a clue what's going through Dave's mind. This whole little tugboat has been coasting without a rudder for six fuckin' years. I just come here to get drunk, get laid, and hope somebody's finally gonna turn down the house lights, hit the stage, and say "Look at all the people here tonight!".

Panamark
02-17-2004, 11:53 PM
Onya Viking !
thats the spirit.

If Spammy is back, bring it on already, I cant wait to see it tank worse than VHIII. Then do you think we could have some Van Halen please ?

Viking
02-17-2004, 11:58 PM
Yeah, really. Then again, I could release an album of my own bowel movements, and it wouldn't tank as bad as VHIII.

Might be more melodic, too. :D

bighank66
02-18-2004, 09:35 AM
The Bodsquad looks pretty hot--I'm gonna check them out.
Anyone from atlanta that knows what they do?
They just show up at events and stuff?

As for rumors--I have decided--if Dave is involved I'm there---if not fuck `em they wont see a dime of my shit.
If they both are there Ill go and either leave when Spammy is on or just stay and boo him.
Give him the finger and whatnot.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-18-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by MikeVanHln
Guys, we've all been around long enough to realize that these "rumors" are all bullshit. I know VaBeachVHFan has been around a while too and has seen em all just like the rest of us. Rumors give us all hope. Hope that one day the best band ever will give us what we want. VaBVHF, What's the buzz down there in VA? Is anyone talking about it or is the station just a bunch of fags that talk shit. Keep us posted!

LMFAO....

Trust me bro, if anything goes down in VH-land, this sorry-ass place will be the last to know....

This area really blows in terms of rock music support....

pete
02-18-2004, 09:39 PM
hagar would not draw the bucks.

And they know it.

It's not a classic fan's dilluded vision to predict a reunion at this point. In these VH1 times, it's the only thing that's gonna fly.

There's either gonna be DAVE, or there's gonna be lukewarm response.

Ed could go solo. He has the chops of "hendrix" and "bryan adams" at this point. If he started something totally different, and it was good, I'd support it.

Just don't trash the legacy of 1 of the most influential musical ensebles ever.

Bob_R
02-19-2004, 11:03 AM
The way they word it one would think it's Dave returning. But, the pic is of Edward from '95 (Hagar era).