PDA

View Full Version : Wolfowitz on shortlist for World Bank top post

BigBadBrian
03-01-2005, 03:34 PM
Wolfowitz on shortlist for World Bank top post

Financial Times
By Andrew Balls and Edward Alden in Washington
Published: March 1 2005 00:43 | Last updated: March 1 2005 00:43

Paul Wolfowitz, US deputy secretary of defence, has emerged as a leading candidate to replace James Wolfensohn as the president of the World Bank.

Mr Wolfowitz is one of a small number of people being considered for the US nomination, administration insiders said.

The nomination of Mr Wolfowitz, one of the chief architects of the Iraq war and a former US ambassador to Indonesia, would likely be highly controversial, and could raise new questions about the process by which the World Bank chief is selected. One administration official said his nomination “would have enormous repercussions within the development community”.

Others on the US shortlist include Randall Tobias, former head of Eli Lilly and the administration's co-ordinator on Aids.

Leadership of the World Bank and International Monetary Fund is decided by all the shareholders in the institutions. But the US and Europe in effect divide up the top jobs, with an American heading the bank and a European running the fund.

The effort to pick the US candidate has been led by the White House National Security Council and the Council of Economic Advisers. The Treasury is leading consultations with other World Bank shareholders. Asked about Mr Wolfowitz's possible nomination, Rob Nichols, Treasury spokesman, said: “We don't speculate on personnel appointments before they are made.”

Other names on the US list are John Taylor, the top Treasury official for international affairs, and Peter McPherson, president of Michigan State University. But they are not seen by the administration as leading candidates.

European officials point to the dispute over Caio Koch-Weser a candidate for the IMF post favoured by Europe but blocked by the US as setting a precedent that could see them veto the US nominee. Developing countries have also demanded a greater say in the selection.

FORD
03-01-2005, 10:41 PM
The only place this piece of shit should be on the short list for is the gas chamber. Fucking treasonous criminal.

academic punk
03-01-2005, 10:47 PM
The subtlety is what I appreciate most about FORD's posts.

LoungeMachine
03-02-2005, 12:06 AM
It's the Bush way........

Be an incompetent fuck up, lie and cover up, and get rewarded with a promotion.......

It worked for the Shrub in Texas, so why not......

Dr. Love
03-02-2005, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by FORD
The only place this piece of shit should be on the short list for is the gas chamber. Fucking treasonous criminal.

Is that a joke, or simply irony?

Phil theStalker
03-02-2005, 04:13 AM
Wolfowitz is on a lot of short lists.

They blame the mortars that hit Wolfowitz's hotel in Bagdhad came from American soldiers.

American soldiers and officers were the only ones with the intel to give them the ability to do that.

Wolfowitz may end up being picked from one of those others short lists very soon and then no more Wolfie.

They almost took him off of one short list in Bagdhad.

I think when you see assassinations of names like that it will signal the beginning of the civil war in America.

Like Jesus says, no one knows the time or day.

But when you see Wolfowitz assassinated by Americans that's a sign of the civil war beginning.

It will certainly be a sign to me.

You can keep your heads in the sand and your ass in the air. Maybe you won't get your heads blown off that way, but you'll sure get your asses blown off that way.

Somday people will be celebrating 9/11 day the way the British celebrate Guy Fawkes Day for capturing the conspirators and bringing them to justice, including the President of the United States.

I'm waiting for somebody like Wolfowitz to drop like the gun at the start of a race.

And this race is to take back the government.

God speed, America.

:spank:

kentuckyklira
03-02-2005, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by academic punk
The subtlety is what I appreciate most about FORD's posts. :D

But seriously, if that cunt handles the World Bank the way the Bush administration is handling the US budget, then every anti-globalization activist´s dreams will come true and the world bank will crumble!:)

academic punk
03-02-2005, 09:45 AM
Avctually, honest to God, there are reports that two other prominent names are on the shortlist: the executive who just got fired from Hewlett-Packard...

...and Bono.

Jesterstar
03-02-2005, 09:48 AM
I hate fucking Bono as much as Paul WolfoDick.

LoungeMachine
03-02-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Jesterstar
I hate fucking Bono as much as Paul WolfoDick.

Then stop fucking Bono:rolleyes:

Find another guy to try and fuck. I hear Joe Thunder is looking....

Jesterstar
03-02-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Then stop fucking Bono:rolleyes:

Find another guy to try and fuck. I hear Joe Thunder is looking....

Your always dreaming of men fucking aren't you. The only think you think about as much as men fucking is Eating a Man Sized Cream Puff

FORD
03-02-2005, 10:19 AM
Bono wouldn't want the job. And corporatist fascists wouldn't like what he did with the money, if he had it.

Debt relief, feeding starving people, AIDS research.... nah things like that won't keep the Beast (military industrial complex) rolling.

Jesterstar
03-02-2005, 10:22 AM
Bono wouldn't want the job. And corporatist fascists wouldn't like what he did with the money, if he had it.

Debt relief, feeding starving people, AIDS research.... nah things like that won't keep the Beast (military industrial complex) rolling.

Bono would do what they told him to or they'll kill him and call it suicide just like they did hunter s thompson.

LoungeMachine
03-02-2005, 10:37 AM
Bono would do what they told him to or they'll kill him and call it suicide just like they did hunter s thompson.

stay in the dump, mouthbreather:rolleyes:

academic punk
03-02-2005, 10:38 AM
mouthbreather?

Jesterstar
03-02-2005, 10:41 AM
stay in the dump, mouthbreather:rolleyes:

I love how you only take your Fat Fucking Face out of your bowl of Coco Puffs to respond to my posts. Then it's back to the feeding frenzy.

BigBadBrian
03-02-2005, 03:58 PM
I love how you only take your Fat Fucking Face out of your bowl of Coco Puffs to respond to my posts. Then it's back to the feeding frenzy.

:D I'll have to admit...Jesterstar comes up with some pretty good ones.

Nickdfresh
03-02-2005, 04:06 PM

Thompson shot himself while on the phone with his wife. If "THEY" were going to kill Hunter, it would have been done long ago.

Jesterstar
03-02-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Thompson shot himself while on the phone with his wife. If "THEY" were going to kill Hunter, it would have been done long ago.

Do your Reasearch Nick................

http://infowars.com/articles/ps/hunter_s_thompson_suicided_for_911_story.htm

I'll grab some others. I won't own you this time. Because I like you and you've got that smile that JESTERSTAR can't say no to. But you underestimate how calculated they are to keep the illusion alive.

Thompson was working on some very fucked up stuff involving Child Pronagraphy Snuff films or something. I'll get the other artical.

Jesterstar
03-02-2005, 04:21 PM
http://www.total411.info/2005/02...sch- hunter.html

Here is a better artical. I totally think he was snuffed. ALot of people in washington are Commiting suicide now a days.

Nickdfresh
03-02-2005, 04:28 PM
Do your Reasearch Nick................

http://infowars.com/articles/ps/hunter_s_thompson_suicided_for_911_story.htm

I'll grab some others. I won't own you this time. Because I like you and you've got that smile that JESTERSTAR can't say no to. But you underestimate how calculated they are to keep the illusion alive.

Thompson was working on some very fucked up stuff involving Child Pronagraphy Snuff films or something. I'll get the other artical.

INFOWARs isn't research.

Jesterstar
03-02-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
INFOWARs isn't research.

That is why I posted the other link and I'd say that your wrong about infowars not being research. I read and have read tons of stuff on this. I haven't and don't read much of thompson stuff. I watched Fear and Loathing in Las vegas. It was rumored he Visited the Grove.

LoungeMachine
03-02-2005, 10:59 PM

I haven't and don't read much of thompson stuff. I watched Fear and Loathing in Las vegas. It was rumored he Visited the Grove.

Your only exposure to HST is a fucking Johnny Depp movie???

Yeah, you know what you're talking about.:rolleyes:

FORD
03-02-2005, 11:04 PM
INFOWARS has some interesting shit on their site. I'd believe Alex Jones before I'd believe Matt Drudge or Mush Limpdick.

LoungeMachine
03-02-2005, 11:23 PM
INFOWARS has some interesting shit on their site. I'd believe Alex Jones before I'd believe Matt Drudge or Mush Limpdick.

Perhaps,

But calling it research is like hitting the "I'm feeling Lucky" bar on Google and calling it research....

It's "Guckert" research

Jesterstar
03-03-2005, 09:13 AM
Your only exposure to HST is a fucking Johnny Depp movie???

Yeah, you know what you're talking about.:rolleyes:

No I just spend time reading Govnernment documents. Hunter S thompson even though he may have written some Grate stuff is a drunk and Drug addict.

I really have no interest in what anyone has accomplished other than myself. I know since you've gotten to fat to fit out of your trailor door you've lost that ambition yourself. But I still have it.