PDA

View Full Version : Dave back in Van Halen ??

Panamark
02-18-2004, 01:43 AM
As posted at DDLR.com, as posted at VH Links..

Courtesy of "Fat Tone"

I just got off of the phone with our Marketing guy at Wild Bill's. He just got off of the phone with 96 Rock inside guys. Clear Channel is handling the announcement of course and it came from Clear Channel's mouth that the tour will be both Hagar AND Roth. Hard to believe. But they have no reason to bull shit us because we advertise a shitload on that station. I of course have no reason to bull shit you guys. I have been a member for four years and always pass along any info that I think is legitimate. This is too wild. Tom ( our marketing guy ) said that the announcement of the tour will coincide with the BOV II release.

Panamark
02-18-2004, 02:04 AM
Its a Doozy, Huh.

twonabomber
02-18-2004, 02:15 AM
can't be true. Melodicrock didn't post it first.

Panamark
02-18-2004, 02:17 AM
If it doesnt come from Tasmania, I aint buying !

twonabomber
02-18-2004, 02:44 AM
Mr. Tone had this to say about himself:

I have the highest profile guitar playing gig in this town. They know who I am.

which means we can trust him. :rolleyes:

MAX
02-18-2004, 02:45 AM
Dave, do a fucking uppercut ala Foreman vs. Frasier and knock The Chedd Chunker out of the tour! I cannot believe DLR would stoop to this level of sharing a bill with Spam and The Lying Dutchmen? Unless, he wants to get on the stage and belittle Van Hagar and show the world what the fuck is up!

Regardless, I bet this whole event (if true?) is so fat with $$$$$$$$$$$$ that NONE of them cares.

However, get it through your heads people, NOBODY CARES ABOUT HAGAR WHEN THE WORD VAN HALEN COMES UP!!!!

Eyes of the Night
02-18-2004, 04:56 AM
This couldn't be from Daves camp ... they're all in the UK right about now ...

:gulp:

Little Texan
02-18-2004, 07:48 AM
I've seen rumors like this too many times the past few years to fall for this particular one. Sounds like a big steaming pile of BS to me...I'm not believing it until an official source comes out and announces it. Until then, I'm not buying it.

ELVIS
02-18-2004, 08:09 AM
Hmmm...

:elvis:

pardo
02-18-2004, 09:37 AM
Ain't buyin it.

DlocRoth
02-18-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Hmmm...

:elvis:

indeed...:smoke2:

EAST COAST
02-18-2004, 10:32 AM
are these guys reliable or just a couple of djs lookin to get noticed. what the hell is a fat tone who is fat tone does he have credible info? this is the kind of thing that can be very hurtful. sounds like it makes alot of sense, but ed never does anything that makes sense monitarily, emotionally, or professionally. JUST TO SEE ED AND DAVE ON THE SAME STAGE WOULD MAKE MY SUMMER, YEAR FOR THAT MATTER, THEY SURE WOULDNT NEED A WARM UP BAND.. sam opens, dave closes ed plays both sets, ya just know ed would take the lion share of the cash on that deal....

Full Bug
02-18-2004, 10:44 AM
Same bullshit we hear every few months, whatever.....

Catfish
02-18-2004, 11:38 AM
I won't go.

Fuck this.

Catfish
02-18-2004, 11:40 AM
Dave never wanted Mike to jam with him on the '02 tour because he didn't want a half-assed Van Halen show.

WHAT THE FUCK WOULD YOU CALL THIS IDEA????

Won't happen.

Bob_R
02-18-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by MAX
However, get it through your heads people, NOBODY CARES ABOUT HAGAR WHEN THE WORD VAN HALEN COMES UP!!!!

Right on dude! :bananna:

TMR
02-18-2004, 10:41 PM
That would be called THE WASTE OF TIME TOUR!

Only REUNION to be worthy of mentioning, would be the original EEAS LINEUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Panamark
02-18-2004, 10:54 PM
TMR, would you not go to this show ?

TMR
02-19-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
TMR, would you not go to this show ?

No I wouldn't! I would lose respect for Dave if he fell that low!

It's sad enough that Dave and Spam went on tour together.

Ed, doesn't deserve to be on the same stage with Dave!

Dave has done nothing but move forward and live life!
Ed's idea of life is hanging out and telling the world he has all this music and doesn't release any of it. I wonder why? It must not be up to PAR!

If Ed loved music so much, how come he didn't release a Instrumental cd like Vai? The instrumental on the soundtrack for Twister had Ed going in the right direction.

Panamark
02-19-2004, 12:42 AM
TMR, I share your hatred of the Van Halens.

But, what if Dave was happier than a pig in shit to get up in front of Van Halen one more time ? If you knew he was happy, would you still boycott it ??

TMR
02-19-2004, 12:56 AM
If it made Dave happy.......then I would be happy for him.

But why go see a show that i've been hearing every year since '99.

Brian Young can play all classic VH and Vai music up to PAR!

The only way I would see the show, if they were to release a WHOLE NEW EFFORT.......which most likely will never happen! Ed hates Dave, it would take a lot of money for Ed to get up there on the stage anyways.

Panamark
02-19-2004, 02:44 AM
What if they released BOV2 with the "Hands fell off the clock" songs ? Would you still snub the occasion ? :)

FORD
02-19-2004, 09:57 AM
Clear Channel's main reason for existing is spreading lies and charging ridiculous amounts of money for concerts so they can fund the GOP.

So if the story originated with them, you can guarantee it won't happen.

knuckleboner
02-19-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Catfish
Dave never wanted Mike to jam with him on the '02 tour because he didn't want a half-assed Van Halen show.

yeah, but if sammy's involved, it's a lock that the show's got at least a full ass...

John Ashcroft
02-19-2004, 01:32 PM
What's Brad have to say about this? ;)

Steve Savicki
02-19-2004, 02:32 PM
Check the Pleasure Dome for the latest news. :D

Panamark
02-19-2004, 03:13 PM
I find it interesting that the prospect of "those songs" with Dave are being discussed as inclusions on BOV2. You would think Spammy would have nothing to do with this scenario, no matter how much they
get Mikey to flutter his eyelashes and smile lovingly at him. I think this is all bullshit, but a small part of me keeps saying, "hello, you idiot, remember the Dave/Spam tour". None of us saw that one coming.

Big Troubles
02-19-2004, 03:34 PM
everyone take a deep breath, and click the link. scroll about half way down. and the thruth will be seen. again.
http://www.melodicrock.com/index.php

Terry
02-19-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by TMR
If it made Dave happy.......then I would be happy for him.

But why go see a show that i've been hearing every year since '99.

Brian Young can play all classic VH and Vai music up to PAR!

The only way I would see the show, if they were to release a WHOLE NEW EFFORT.......which most likely will never happen! Ed hates Dave, it would take a lot of money for Ed to get up there on the stage anyways.

Damn right. The classic lineup should reunite and put out some new material. Sure, I'd go check out a reunion tour even if they didn't release a new album, but it would be better to add to the legacy.

Dave and Sam touring with Van Halen? Utter bullshit. Even if pans out to be true, total bullshit. I want to see a full-length, classic lineup reunion show. Not some abbreviated set in order to facilitate a Van Hagar set. Let's face it: Van Halen don't need Sammy to pull off a reunion.

Sammy will rejoin under any terms. He's so desperate to slam dunk the notion that, compared to Roth, he's second rate and in terms of Van Halen singers he was second best (AT best!). Never mind that he'll continue to fail miserably at the attempt time and time again.

Don't know if I could stomach Dave going out on the road with Hagar on some "Van Halen:Sam and Dave Tour". That would mean Dave had captitulated to sharing the legend with a tub of cheese that had nothing to do with the image, music and groundwork it took to build Van Halen into a band that people still give a shit about.

If Halen had disbanded in 1985, instaed of carrying on with Hagar, what was accomplished on those first 6 classic albums had already secured Halen's place as one of the best bands of all time. What came afterwards, if anything, tarnished that. Hagar doesn't need to be there if Dave rejoins. That's just insulting.

Fucking Eddie.

SoCalChelle
02-19-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
Check the Pleasure Dome for the latest news. :D

:lol:

Chris
02-19-2004, 11:21 PM
If both Sam and Dave go out and tour with Van Halen, Dave will kick Sammy's ass. The majority of the fans want Dave back, end of story.

Dave IS VH
02-20-2004, 02:02 AM
Dave is back in VH, then Sammy is back in VH, now Dave is back in VH, (WHICH one is it?)

Years and years, we have been hearing these rumors.

Does anyone have further details?

I won't believe any of this shit until I see it myself.