PDA

View Full Version : I'm bringing back my Classic VH website

Little Texan
02-18-2004, 07:27 AM
I don't know if anyone remembers, but I had a website about three years back called "Classic VH Eruption". Well, the software I was using to make the site sort of became obsolete, and the webhost that I had the site on stopped supporting that software, so I wasn't able to publish the site anymore. I could have probably figured out how to update it without the software, but I also lost interest in doing the site, so it has sat dormant without an update for the past three years. Anyway, I found a way to make the software work again by using a patch I downloaded from this site I found, so I'm able to update the site again. I've been working on changing the look of the site for the past couple of days, and I just tested the software last night to see if it would publish, and it published, so the site is updated. I have a lot more work to do on it before I can let anyone visit, so I'm not going to post the url right now. Here's a sneak peek at what I have so far.

thebuldawg
02-18-2004, 09:00 AM
I can dig it. I like the look so far.

Big Troubles
02-18-2004, 09:03 AM
yes, bring it back. Variety is the spice of life. And we all need more choices. Dont get me wrong, I love this place. But I could learn to love two places.

Little Texan
02-18-2004, 05:47 PM
Well, it's not as big as this place, and has nowhere near the content, and never will. The Army is the best Classic Van Halen and David Lee Roth site on the internet, bar none. My site is just a small fan page on a free webserver, and there's no way I could ever hope to have anywhere near what this place does. I'm bringing it back because I missed having my own site, and something to mess around with, but mainly for my bootleg trade page. If anyone wants some VH bootlegs, I'll be doing blanks trades and straight up trades again, soon.

Little Texan
02-18-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by thebuldawg
I can dig it. I like the look so far.

Thanks very much!

thebuldawg
02-18-2004, 10:36 PM
De nada.

The Knockz
02-18-2004, 10:46 PM
hell yeh!!!
I'm bringing back David Lee Roth Online.com also.
sneek peek right..right now

ALinChainz
02-18-2004, 10:48 PM
Looks good to me too. I think we all agree on The Army, but it nice to have another place to see. I like the graphics, the VH logo in top left, and your avatar also.

VH Freak
02-19-2004, 10:19 PM
Looks great! It's always good to have another classic VH site on the net. The more the marrier!

Calderone
02-19-2004, 11:50 PM
Mine is online ..but lacks of updates
www.diamonddave.tk

Little Texan
02-20-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by VH Freak
Looks great! It's always good to have another classic VH site on the net. The more the marrier!

Thanks! I surfed around on your site today, and I have to say, you have the most Classic VH content of any site I've seen besides the Army! Very impressive and great looking monster of a Classic VH site you have built up there, VH Freak! I said that the Army was the best Classic VH and DLR site on the net, but after looking around your site, I'll amend that statement and say you're running neck and neck with the Army.

VH Freak
02-20-2004, 09:14 AM
The Army is what started it all for me. I consider this place as my first home and Sarge was a great help in getting me started on my own site.

Full Bug
02-20-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Little Texan
I said that the Army was the best Classic VH and DLR site on the net, but after looking around your site, I'll amend that statement and say you're running neck and neck with the Army.
Hey, dont forget www.diamonddavidleeroth.com is a kick ass place to be too you know.....:) (Nothing against the Army)
Good luck with your site LT, look forward to visiting the place.....:cool:

Full Bug
02-20-2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by VH Freak
The Army is what started it all for me. I consider this place as my first home and Sarge was a great help in getting me started on my own site.
Great site dude, I have it in my favourites list, when are you going to update it? I see you havent this year.....Not that I am complaining......

VH Freak
02-20-2004, 02:53 PM
I'll be updating it more this spring. With three kids and the job I was having a hard time spending any amount of time on the site. Things are starting to settle down so I should have time to spend on my favorite hobby....VH!

Bob_R
02-20-2004, 02:57 PM
Good work and good luck LT!

Switch84
02-20-2004, 04:20 PM
:bananna: :killer: Bring it on! You can never have too much classic VH!

Panamark
02-20-2004, 04:20 PM
Little Texan, from what Ive seen at the Army, you obviously have the graphic skills. Good Luck !

Little Texan
02-15-2007, 02:59 AM
Yeah, well, I meant to bring it back and was gung ho about it for all of a few days, then I lost interest again. Kind of hard to be excited about a band that was pretty much dead at the time and be motivated to work on a website dedicated to them. Well, anyway, the reason I dug this old thread up is to announce that I may bring my website back considering that the band is back together (minus Sauce) and things are happening with them again. Not promising anything this time as I may lose interest again, but I have been working on it the past few days.

FORD
02-15-2007, 03:45 AM
Good to see one of the old school sites making a comeback.

Don't think it's going to happen with FORD Country this time around though. As Darth Cheney would say, I have other priorities.

ELVIS
02-15-2007, 04:08 AM
I don't see the point...

But, i'm a guitar player, not a web designer...:cool:

Little Texan
02-15-2007, 04:23 AM
Here's what I have so far...

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/denco428/eruptnew.jpg

I'm planning on using a blog in that blank area for news and updates.

Little Texan
02-15-2007, 04:29 AM
Yes, it will have background music, if you noticed the player in the lower left corner. I'm planning on having a different song for every page. The one playing on the home page will be "Light Up The Sky". Music will be changed up, periodically.

Little Texan
02-15-2007, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Good to see one of the old school sites making a comeback.

Don't think it's going to happen with FORD Country this time around though. As Darth Cheney would say, I have other priorities.

Aw, come on man! Bring back FORD Country! I have some great memories of your message board...those were some of the best times I ever had on the net! Ol' Free Willy O'Neill, Plantman, wiseass, Mike Blair, Bev, Poe, b1c2, the whole Bill O'Neill vs. Mike Blair and Mike Blair vs. Grant flame wars...those were the days. Always some smartass sheep coming in keeping the shit stirred. Remember the time when we all had to password protect all our message boards to keep the whale out? And Bill O'Neill's site that parodied Blair's DLR News Desk? I remember someone posting a bouncing hamburgers animated gif or something of the sort on O'Neill's message board. I could talk about the old times all day and never get tired of it!

katie
02-15-2007, 05:23 AM
Good luck with the site.

Nice layout

Katie

----------------------------------------
PETS THAT KATIE OWNS - AKA The Army Crybabys

fryingdutchman (Goon 1 - Desperalty trying to be a big boy)
Unchainme (Goon 2 - A preteen crybaby)
LoungeMachine (A moderator apperently LMFAO)
Matt White (moderator clown understudy)
Dan (Low IQ but trys hard)
Jimmy Jingles (mummy's boy)
FORD (Village Idiot's stupider brother)
Wawazat (just a another preteen kid)
diamondjimi (arse bandit but my fav little pet)
Rikk (His posts suggest that his IQ size is his dick size = 4)
rustoffa (Yes this shocked me to, the headline read Credible poster is an idiot shocker!)

VHrocks
02-15-2007, 06:15 AM
Cool!

perticelli
02-15-2007, 12:32 PM
Looks good to me..nice job

Little Texan
02-15-2007, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the compliments! :) Here's the main reason I'm bringing the site back...to see what this bitch looks like lit up! So light it already! :D

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/denco428/torch.jpg

Little Texan
02-15-2007, 12:46 PM
My main problem will be finding a good webhost. In the past I've gone the cheap route and used those shitty free webhosts that kick you off for offering mp3's for download and using mirror sites for the same. Well, I'm looking to go in a different direction this time. I want to offer the music downloads without having to worry about my site being taken down, and I want enough space to build a pretty good size site with a load of content and have room to expand it however much I want to. If anyone has a suggestion of a webhost that will accomodate these demands at a reasonable fee, let me know.

Little Texan
02-15-2007, 01:54 PM
My main problem will be finding a good webhost. In the past I've gone the cheap route and used those shitty free webhosts that kick you off for offering mp3's for download and using mirror sites for the same. Well, I'm looking to go in a different direction this time. I want to offer the music downloads without having to worry about my site being taken down, and I want enough space to build a pretty good size site with a load of content and have room to expand it however much I want to. If anyone has a suggestion of a webhost that will accomodate these demands at a reasonable fee, let me know.

Nevermind, I just signed up with a webhost and got a free domain name. A few details...

FREE Domain
40,000 MB Web space
900 GB Traffic
99.9% Server Uptime
15 min Response Time
24/7 Top Customer Care
CPanel and Fantastico
Immediate Activation
FREE SiteBuilder (save $99)
Unlimited MySQL DB
Unlimited Email accounts
Unlimited Subdomains
Unlimited FTP Accounts
FREE Blog Installation
E-commerce Pack

More than enough for my humble site. :) Don't know if I got a good deal...8.95 a month, but I'm happy with it.

Little Texan
02-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Hell, with 40 gigs of webspace, I could host another website! That's more than I'll ever use! You sure you don't want to bring back FORD Country, FORD? :D

Atomic Dyver
02-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Site looks good.

Little Texan
02-15-2007, 06:33 PM
http://www.classic-vh.com

Nickdfresh
02-15-2007, 07:26 PM
Well, it's not as big as this place, and has nowhere near the content, and never will. The Army is the best Classic Van Halen and David Lee Roth site on the internet, bar none. My site is just a small fan page on a free webserver, and there's no way I could ever hope to have anywhere near what this place does. I'm bringing it back because I missed having my own site, and something to mess around with, but mainly for my bootleg trade page. If anyone wants some VH bootlegs, I'll be doing blanks trades and straight up trades again, soon.

Will it have a forum? Because if so, I'll be sure to post tens of thousands of times.:)

Little Texan
02-15-2007, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Will it have a forum? Because if so, I'll be sure to post tens of thousands of times.:)

I'm debating on whether to add one or not. I'm leaning towards no at this point since I feel that it would be a bit redundant considering this board is my favorite place to hang out and any board I put up would pale in comparison to this place. I might add a forum, but it will probably be a small board if I decide to. I'd rather not mess with a big forum such as this one...I'll leave that to the pros. :)

Little Texan
02-16-2007, 10:22 PM
Is the music working? (http://www.classic-vh.com) Just checking things...

jgdrag
02-16-2007, 10:45 PM
No tunes

Little Texan
02-17-2007, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by jgdrag
No tunes

Hmmmm...

What connection do you have? Right click on the player, click on options, then choose what connection you have.

Dan
02-17-2007, 01:13 AM
Is the music working? (http://www.classic-vh.com) Just checking things...

Somebody Get Me A Doctor.:)

Little Texan
02-17-2007, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Dan
Somebody Get Me A Doctor.:)

Good, it's working! :cool:

Brett
02-17-2007, 01:22 AM
I remember that site, bring it back!

Little Texan
02-17-2007, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by Brett
I remember that site, bring it back!

I'm working on it, dude! It should be worlds better than it ever was since I have my own space and it won't be on one of those shitty free webhosts this time, which means no popups, banner ads, and loads more content. :)

VH Freak
02-20-2007, 01:20 PM
Just curious...what host did you use? The price you paid is good for what you are getting. If you are going to allow file downloads (like mp3's or videos) then I would be concerned with your bandwidth. I had alot of those problems at my site until my host switch to unlimited bandwidth.

Looking forward to seeing another Classic VH site.