PDA

View Full Version : Whats Daves fav VH album?

SNIPER
03-02-2005, 02:34 PM
Does anybody know what Daves fav VH IS/WAS? Has Dave ever said? My guess is that it would bee Diver Down since he had most control at that time.

Carmine
03-02-2005, 02:35 PM
I don't know Sniper...I would say that he is equally proud of all 6.

F'n guy loves what they did together.

hard rock
03-03-2005, 08:21 AM
I agree with carmine , i think he loves all 6 cvh albums. If he was put at gun point and asked to pick one and one only or else i would say maybe the 1st one. Most athletes say that winning 5 championships is a thrill but the 1st one is always special and i think that is true for cvh.

Each album was great but the 1st one was their launching pad, its what set the fuel on fire!!!!!!! If dave was forced to pick one then that would be it.

i also think if he was forced to pick his least fave album then maybe 1984 only because it was the end of something so special that was never duplicated again, until maybe 96 with mwm and cgtsnm

academic punk
03-04-2005, 02:40 PM
Dave has gone on record several times to say that his favortie Van Halen is For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge.

Fine. Don't believe me.

Carmine
03-04-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
Dave has gone on record several times to say that his favortie Van Halen is For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge.

Fine. Don't believe me.

LOL....I believe you AP....I really, really do!

CROWBAR
03-04-2005, 03:29 PM

Fine. Don't believe me.

Wot??

Baby's On Fire
03-04-2005, 08:56 PM
Dave's favourite VH album is VHII. HE says so himself in an interview on this site. The olne from 2004 where he met the interviewer at the Beverly Hills Hotel and was hitting on the waitress.

Check it out.

Anonymous
03-05-2005, 12:23 AM

Fine. Don't believe me.

Ok, I won't . :lol:

Cheers! :bottle:

UNCLAX72
03-10-2005, 01:01 PM
should I beleive you?

UNCLAX72
03-10-2005, 01:01 PM
i guess so

cwsmith17
03-10-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by SNIPER
Does anybody know what Daves fav VH IS/WAS? Has Dave ever said? My guess is that it would bee Diver Down since he had most control at that time.

The entrie 6-pack. Dave gives 100% everytime.

Roguesgirl
03-13-2005, 12:41 AM
I think it would be like asking a father of six who his favorite child is.

vanzilla
03-24-2005, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
Dave's favourite VH album is VHII. HE says so himself in an interview on this site. The olne from 2004 where he met the interviewer at the Beverly Hills Hotel and was hitting on the waitress.

Check it out.

That's interesting. I didn't ask him about his favorite VH album, but he did take the "choosing your favorite child" route when I asked him about his favorite solo release.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TDH: Out of all the solo albums you've done - this [Your Filthy Little Mouth] is your 5th now, which is the one that sticks out as being your best work?

DLR: I don't know if I can name what is my best work because I'm doing the very best I can at all times. And that's what I tell perspiring young new musicians (Laughs). They'll sometimes, you know the beginners ask me - Hey Dave, David Lee - what's your..you have any advice? And I say yeh. You know we all start off looking for love, attention, to achieve in music, make a contribution, make a million bucks, these are all great and honorable things. Great! While you're working for them you've got to set your own goals to work your ass off all the time - every time. And if you become "Mr. Popular Flavor of The Week" you earned it for the right reasons. And you adjust to it a little better than say the Jackson Family (Laughs). And if you're not "Mr. Flavor of The Week Mr. Popular" you still did your finest hardest work all the way through. And that's a feeling that you get that will carry you through all ups and downs, and much more fulfilling than any amount of money or any kind of popularity from the rest of the tribe.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Classic Dave!!!

Jurak
03-24-2005, 01:17 AM
it's gotta be the first album fer sure, That album....in my opinion ...changed the way and play of rock-n-roll history...
it's a classic that i'll never get bored of....

Thorman
04-17-2005, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by SNIPER

I think he preffered Balance to most others...just judging from the stuff ive read...and what ed has told me

Grant
04-18-2005, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Baby's On Fire

Check it out.

Yeah I agree with you, I think Dave's favourite is VHII.

Here's what he said in that interview:

"But the first record was considered a fluke, an abberation (by WB). And when 'Van Halen II' was recorded and ready to go, everybody at Warners thought it was a failure. I love that record. Songs like 'Dance The Night Away', which are deceptively simple in their construction, are positively combustible on the live stage. Thanks to songs like that, Van Halen are remembered and Diamond Dave is still recognised as the quarterback. It transcended the genre: it wasn't really hard rock."

Matt White
04-19-2005, 12:17 AM
DAVE loves VAN HALEN II...and AVH hates it! Just saw a recent interview with SHEMP whee he said "VaN hALEN II should have been heavier, but other people wanted it to be more commercial."

What a TOOL. He likes BALANCE too.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Thorman
04-19-2005, 12:28 AM

Fine. Don't believe me.

Fine. Don't believe me.
Believe it or not I have read an article where he claimed to have liked the material on Balance....

rustoffa
04-19-2005, 08:49 PM
The one that made him the most money.

Thorman
07-16-2005, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
Ok, I won't . :lol:

Cheers! :bottle:

Its true Impalus or whatever the hell you are

Bam...did you hear that? No? Ok, listen up

BAM

canadiandlrgirl
07-16-2005, 07:54 AM
Dave's favorite VH album is the same as mine VH II....:D

canadiandlrgirl
07-16-2005, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Thorman
Its true Impalus or whatever the hell you are

Bam...did you hear that? No? Ok, listen up

BAM

ok thorman...you could at least come up with new material

BAM is getting kinda old....:rolleyes:

Thorman
07-16-2005, 02:12 PM
BAM is not old....is Sammy's "Helllloooooooooooooo Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaabyy" old? No!!

Is Eddie's guitar licks on 5150 old?
No

Bam is right up there with the classic trippings of CVH...

BAM

Matt White
07-16-2005, 03:38 PM
BAM is not old....is Sammy's "Helllloooooooooooooo Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaabyy" old? No!!

No

BAM

You really have to stop drinkin' your own bath water, kid!!!

canadiandlrgirl
07-16-2005, 04:15 PM

No

BAM

i'd tell ya to bite me but i might catch sumthin' :D

Loons The Great
07-16-2005, 08:24 PM
What's up, canadiandlrgirl?? How you been? How you bein'?

canadiandlrgirl
07-16-2005, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Loons The Great
What's up, canadiandlrgirl?? How you been? How you bein'?

i had a really shitty week :(
and you?

floyd95
07-18-2005, 08:32 PM
Balance is a piece of shit and I say that without having ever listened to it.

That is how confident I am that the album sucked elephant dick.

Vinnie Velvet
07-19-2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by floyd95
Balance is a piece of shit and I say that without having ever listened to it.

That is how confident I am that the album sucked elephant dick.

It sucked all kinds of dick!!

:D

Matt White
07-19-2005, 04:49 PM
"Whats Daves fav VH album?"

DLR BAND