PDA

View Full Version : Simple Plan

Soul Reaper
03-03-2005, 12:49 PM
I really hate this band. This is the epitome of suck ass punk/emo bands. When I first saw them I thought they were Good Charlotte.

Anyone else know them?

loss of fools
03-03-2005, 02:58 PM
there shit and i can understand why you thought they where shit charlottle they all sound the fucking same. all of that music is fucking crap.

Jesterstar
03-03-2005, 03:16 PM
I want to start a webpage to begin the systimatic Destuction of all those bands.

Rikk
03-03-2005, 03:22 PM
A SIMPLE PLAN is awful. They are possibly the worst of that whole scene.

And being a gigantic fan of punk music, I can safely say that A SIMPLE PLAN is not punk whatsoever. They are more pop that most bands, and absolutely commercial, not daring in the least bit and completely manufactured.

Punk is about anger and rebellion. There is little music that is less rebellious than A SIMPLE PLAN.

Carmine
03-03-2005, 03:24 PM
Try Samhain...The Misfits...Youth of Today...The Gorilla Biscuits

thats real hardcore punk!

Last_Child
03-03-2005, 03:36 PM
All new punk bands like Simple plan & Good Charlotte Suck!!!

Finito.!

fe_lung
03-03-2005, 03:57 PM
Punk is about anger and rebellion. There is little music that is less rebellious than A SIMPLE PLAN.

Plan, Hoobastank, Charlotte, Avril... they all harken back to the same lame ass, pseudo-punk source - Blink 182

Rikk
03-03-2005, 09:47 PM
It's all crap. Punk is not shitty, predictable pop chords over lyrics about having your heart broken or relationships.

The industry is so weak and image-conscious music is so strong that any idiot that has a tattoo and spiked, colored hair is a punk!

Stupid.

DeadOrAlive
03-03-2005, 10:00 PM
OH WOW!!! People with sense!! I hate this new shit too guys!! Classic Punk is the best... Dead Boys, Damned, T Rex... list goes on and on!!

Rikk
03-03-2005, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by DeadOrAlive
OH WOW!!! People with sense!! I hate this new shit too guys!! Classic Punk is the best... Dead Boys, Damned, T Rex... list goes on and on!!

Man, you got good fucking taste. Do a lot of kids your age listen to that stuff? That's a list of great bands you got there, bro. T.REX? THE DAMNED? THE DEAD BOYS? Awesome, awesome stuff. Do you listen to IGGY POP or THE STOOGES?:)

Panamark
03-04-2005, 02:03 AM
NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS !!!!

The greatest ever punk band...

The mighty SEX PISTOLS !

julia
03-04-2005, 08:53 AM
no the ramones are the best

Last_Child
03-04-2005, 12:47 PM
The Sex Pistols.!!

fe_lung
03-04-2005, 01:41 PM
I was always more of a Pistols fan than a Ramones fan, but then again I heard the Pistols first, so they hold a special place for me....

Soul Reaper
03-04-2005, 02:57 PM
I love punk but not the shit I see today. Simple Plan are not punk music, full stop!

To all you little kiddies, if you want real punk music listen to Sex Pistols or Dead Boys or The Clash.

Kids today would probably piss their pants if they heard the stuff I listen to.

The Scatologist
03-05-2005, 03:40 PM
As much as I love the Sex Pistols, they were kinda a manufactured band themselves. The difference is, that the music didn't fucking SUCK!

WTF is up with that shitty ass band yellowcard anyway. Theres a fucking VIOLIN player in it. It's like, OH! PLAYING A FUCKING VIOLIN GIVES ME SOME SORTA MUSICAL INTEGRETY! Nevermind the fact that I look like a FAG playing it! "BTW, that guy CAN'T play violin anyway"

Atomic_Rob
03-06-2005, 09:25 AM
I'm more of a Pistols fan, but love The Ramones, New York Dolls, Joan Jett, Iggy etc.

Emo and shit punk impersonators is a passing phase, it would surprise me if it was still this big in 3 years time.

I think the difference with the pistols was that they were manufactured but they kept the attitude and they knew who to write fuckin killer tunes from the start.

Just listen to the lyrics of Bodies. Most kids these days would SHIT themselves if they got played that.

Rikk
03-06-2005, 09:46 AM
The PISTOLS' image was manufactured partly by the manager and partly by the band, and they were put together for the very purpose of being a controversial band.

BUT, the band did mostly form by itself (except for the singer) and they completely wrote their own material, played all their own instruments (which most manufactured bands don't) and really were 100% a band in every way.

Hell, KISS's image was totally manufactured (mostly by the band), but most people wouldn't argue that they weren't still a band.

fe_lung
03-06-2005, 04:08 PM
WTF is up with that shitty ass band yellowcard anyway. Theres a fucking VIOLIN player in it. It's like, OH! PLAYING A FUCKING VIOLIN GIVES ME SOME SORTA MUSICAL INTEGRETY! Nevermind the fact that I look like a FAG playing it! "BTW, that guy CAN'T play violin anyway" [/B][/QUOTE]

Well said! Unless you're Nick Cave, fire the violin player!

Soul Reaper
03-07-2005, 12:38 PM
Bands like New Found Glory also have the nerve to insult much, much better guitarists.

I was looking through past music magazines i have and I found an interview with NFG. In part of it they were complaining about virtuoso players like EVH and Vai, saying that they're just in their own little world and people like that will never be in a band.