PDA

View Full Version : Newsweek catches Freepers fucking with their polls!

FORD
02-18-2004, 04:44 PM
Here's the link to the MSRNC/Newsweek poll (http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4205947#survey)

Editor's Note: This week, the online version of the Newsweek poll received an unusually high rate of response, with the clear majority of participants casting uniform votes. For these reasons, we believe the poll is being intentionally manipulated. In addition, we received an e-mail alert suggesting that the campaign is being coordinated by at least one special-interest group. .

And here (http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-campaign2002/1074654/posts) is the "special interest group" in question....

From: Bunny Chambers [mailto:bbchambers@sbcglobal.net] Sent: Saturday, February 07, 2004 11:21 PM

Subject: ALERT--Action Needed

We have been requested by the White House to click on the following link and participate in the Newsweek Poll: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4205947/ Please do it as soon as possible. Please pass this on.

Bunny Chambers GOP National Committeewoman for Oklahoma

BigBadBrian
02-18-2004, 06:27 PM
This is basically a non-issue, FORD. How many times have you read "DU the following poll" at the DU? Quite a bit if you're being honest. User response polls are all subject to maninpulation by any particular group. Only scientifically run polls done by qualified statisticians are somewhat reliable.

FORD
02-18-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
This is basically a non-issue, FORD. How many times have you read "DU the following poll" at the DU? Quite a bit if you're being honest.

But not under orders from the DNC - not that I would do anything that McUseless asked me to do anyway.

And there's the difference. The White House themselves are pushing this manipulation. It's not a case of us going over to www.chedrocker.com and rigging polls so that Sammy loses. This is your so called pResident and his staff taking an active role in manufacturing his own poll numbers.

John Ashcroft
02-18-2004, 08:22 PM
Dude, shit like this happens here. Look at the posts to "Vote for DLR as the all-time best singer here..." Everyone tries it, and it has a negligable effect. But to have Newsweek try to discredit a poll that doesn't turn out the way they'd like is also no surprise. But it's the far bigger problem.

FORD
02-18-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
Dude, shit like this happens here. Look at the posts to "Vote for DLR as the all-time best singer here..."

Again, there's a difference. It's not DLR asking for the votes, nor is this the official DLR site, so nobody here works for Dave.

And even if that WAS the case, Dave's a rock star, not the court appointed pResident of the United States. While it's true that neither MSRNC or Newsweak should take such online polls seriously, it's a serious fucking breach of decency for the White House to be encouraging this bullshit.

rustoffa
02-18-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by FORD
But not under orders from the DNC - not that I would do anything that McUseless asked me to do anyway.

And there's the difference. The White House themselves are pushing this manipulation. It's not a case of us going over to www.chedrocker.com and rigging polls so that Sammy loses. This is your so called pResident and his staff taking an active role in manufacturing his own poll numbers.

Come on man,that drivel reads like The Onion.Someone should get REALLY creative and make up some shit about Kerry supporters stealing boars head turkey from a doe-eyed deli owner.:sleepy:

FORD
02-19-2004, 12:49 AM
I wouldn't put it past Judas ;)

He probably also stole the plastic turkey that Junior took to Iraq.

BigBadBrian
02-19-2004, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by FORD
I wouldn't put it past Judas ;)

He probably also stole the plastic turkey that Junior took to Iraq.

Used it for his plastic face.

John Ashcroft
02-19-2004, 07:57 AM
It's kinda funny at what offends Ford. Trying to influence a meaningless poll is a crime against humanity, but the attempted theft of an election in Floriduh by Algore (with help from the experienced Daly family) is okie-dokey. Hell! Look at every modern election. Across the country you see story after story of Dems trying to cheat their way into office. You have dead people running, cigarettes for votes, dead people voting from Indian reservations, etc, etc. It's always the same.

And don't misinterpret that statement as an endorsement of the thread. I still think it's bullshit, and newsweek is just another mouthpiece for the DNC.

knuckleboner
02-19-2004, 10:20 AM
You have dead people running,

now that's just sour grapes!;) missouri law didn't allow them to change the ballot so soon to the election.

as far as internet polls, BBB is right. they're window dressing. maybe pretty to look at, but functionally useless.

John Ashcroft
02-19-2004, 10:25 AM
I'm still a little pissed at that one...

FORD
02-19-2004, 11:53 AM
I'm still a little pissed at that one...

Actually, I heard that Satan dispatched a legion of calico cats to vote for Mel's corpse :D

John Ashcroft
02-19-2004, 12:12 PM
Terry McAuliffe is Satan? :confused: ;)