PDA

View Full Version : Mistaken U.S. attack wounds Italian journalist

scorpioboy33
03-04-2005, 07:36 PM
American troops fired on a car rushing Italian journalist Giuliana Sgrena to freedom on Friday after a month in captivity, killing the Italian intelligence officer who helped negotiate her release and wounding the reporter

God a couple of years ago Americian Pilots Murdered Canadian Soliders in Afganistan...now this....I wonder how man innoncents die at the hand of Moronic American Soliders...putz...
It kind of reminds me of when they fired upon an ambulance trying to return that american Solider Lady.
Than of course they had to STORM the hospital to "free" here....truly pathetic

FORD
03-04-2005, 08:44 PM
Funny how many "mistaken" attacks there have been on journalists, isn't it?

LoungeMachine
03-04-2005, 08:50 PM
If Junyor could figure out a way to get Helen Thomas near Baghdad he would.........

Notice The Shrub and Jeff Guckert similarities????

They both fuck troops on the side, when not at their day job bullshitting America

Cathedral
03-04-2005, 10:32 PM
Ok, you are a soldier in Iraq, bombs going off anywhere and at any given moment, every damn day.
Suddenly a car comes rushing at your check point post and fails to yield to any motions to stop, what do you do?

Let the possible threat get to you, or defend yourself and fire on the vehicle?

My ass would open up on th vehicle and stop it in any way i could, you assholes who jumped on this bandwagon to ridicule the troops would end up dead when that vehicle blows up in your face.
You want to sit there in the safety of your homes and play back seat quarterback risking the troops lives like that?
Pick up a gun and try to do their jobs before you climb on them as though they were murdering scum.
It's not as if they knew who or what was in the damn car, and your comments disgust me, especially YOU, Ford.

Dude, don't ever submit another post that claims you support the troops. It is crystal clear who you support and the lengths you'll go to spread that garbage.

Those soldiers could be anyone, even Sarge, are you gonna call him a murderer of journalist?

It was unfortunate, that is true, but that car should have stopped for the check point so don't spin this into another Anti-Bush Hate Weapon.

It's pathetic.
I hope someday a soldier walks up to you and lays you flat out on your ass.

Seshmeister
03-04-2005, 10:56 PM
Spoken like a true christian.

The US army is poor because it's far too big and has to take on too many fuckwits to make up the numbers.

Unpleasant reading for you guys but I'm afraid that's true.

Cheers!

:gulp:

scorpioboy33
03-04-2005, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral

My ass would open up on th vehicle and stop it in any way i could,

It's not as if they knew who or what was in the damn car, and your comments disgust me, especially YOU, Ford.

Those soldiers could be anyone, even Sarge, are you gonna call him a murderer of journalist?

I hope someday a soldier walks up to you and lays you flat out on your ass.

First of all please don't call yourself christian..your a right wing facist goof ball!

So you would open up no matter what Maybe why there are 100,000 civilians dead you jerk!

Since you're all knowing about the service...tell us your experience?

Sarge is in Iraq....bad choice...

As far as a solider flattening me....not likely loser

LoungeMachine
03-04-2005, 11:27 PM
Here's a thought.........

COMMUNICATION

INTELLIGENCE

"hey, guys....that convoy about to come up on you is friendlys and a freed hostage......HOLD FIRE"

Isnt that how it's supposed to work?

The soldiers firing aren't to blame. THE PEOPLE IN CHARGE ARE

Cathedral
03-05-2005, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by scorpioboy33
First of all please don't call yourself christian..your a right wing facist goof ball!

So you would open up no matter what Maybe why there are 100,000 civilians dead you jerk!

Since you're all knowing about the service...tell us your experience?

Sarge is in Iraq....bad choice...

As far as a solider flattening me....not likely loser

I didn't call myself a christian, Sesh called me a christian.
Reading comprehension is 99.9% effective.

And yes, If a car was barreling at me like crazy and i had spent months upon months watching my fellow soldiers get blown up, and the car refused to stop, I'd stop it before it got anywhere near a populated area.

My experience as a soldier? I was not permitted to join for health reasons, thyroid issues to be exact. But go ahead and show how adult you are by attacking me for not getting in, but i did try.
I come from a long family line of soldiers who have served in the Army, Navy, Air Force and the Marines, most of them never came home, and i would stand beside any of them because i am proud of my country and would sacrifice my life to protect another.

And dude, If you spew one bit of the garbage you spew here in the face of a soldier, you most certainly would get your ass beat, whether you think i'm a loser or not has no bearing on that issue.

Lounge, as usual, is the only one who offered anything of substance here, and i agree with him.
There should have been some communication as to what those guys at the check point were about to experience.

scorpiobaby, Your post attacked the troops, and you are a pathetic fool that has a problem with knee jerk reactions.
My points still stand, and for the record, My anger with this thread is directed at You and Ford, and i could care less what either of you think of me.

It was not the fault of the soldiers, they were doing what they felt they had to do given the info they had.
Which by the way is that when a car runs through a check point, people usually died when it blew up in their faces.

I see you standing there waving them through saying something stupid like "Come one through, rest stop 2 miles ahead, munitions building on the left".

Cathedral
03-05-2005, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Here's a thought.........

COMMUNICATION

INTELLIGENCE

"hey, guys....that convoy about to come up on you is friendlys and a freed hostage......HOLD FIRE"

Isnt that how it's supposed to work?

The soldiers firing aren't to blame. THE PEOPLE IN CHARGE ARE

Thank You, as i said before, substance can be expected from you, bro.

Someone dropped the ball, and people died because of it.
I am in agreement that the person should be identified and investigated to find out where things went terribly wrong.

scorpioboy33
03-05-2005, 12:08 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cathedral
[B] My experience as a soldier? I was not permitted to join for health reasons, thyroid issues to be exact. But go ahead and show how adult you are by attacking me for not getting in, but i did try.

BINGO!

Just one queston Catherdral...would you go fight any war? Like in Vietnam???Is it always America right or wrong...oh yah..and how do you feel about the 100k iraqies dead?

Cathedral
03-05-2005, 12:21 AM
Bingo?
What does that mean?

Oh, so i'm responsible for getting a tumor on my thyroid gland?
You're a tool, and not too bright of one i might add.

But i apparently showed more guts than you by wanting to put on a uniform.

And to answer your "question's" (though you don't deserve my time).
If i were accepted into the military I would go where i was sent regardless of my persoanl feelings, because soldiers don't pick and choose how they are deployed, moron.

Again, right or wrong doesn't come into play, a soldier goes where they are sent.

Where are we now, One question that ended up being 4?
Learn to count ya twit.
But the last one is the most important one.

I don't condone the killing of anyone, for any reason.
But put me in a battlefield and i'll do what i have to do to survive and protect my brothers and sisters in arms.
Death is sad in any numbers, bro. and as i said, I don't condone it for any reason.
but again, How i feel about it won't keep it from happening on the streets of America or across the globe.

Now go run your water, it's bath time and the rubber ducky is calling for you.

scorpioboy33
03-05-2005, 12:26 AM

Oh, so i'm responsible for getting a tumor on my thyroid gland?

But i apparently showed more guts than you by wanting to put on a uniform.
Oh come on you knew you would not be picked....if you thought there was a chance in hell you would have not gone with in a mile of a recruitment office.

If i were accepted into the military I would go where i was sent regardless of my persoanl feelings, because soldiers don't pick and choose how they are deployed, moron.

And you call me a Moron?????? wow

Cathedral
03-05-2005, 12:31 AM
Yeah, I do...

scorpioboy33
03-05-2005, 12:32 AM
sure ok...I sure hope you get that Thyroid Problem fixed hahaha

scorpioboy33
03-05-2005, 12:32 AM
but not till the "war" is over...otherwise you'd have to go into hiding :)

Cathedral
03-05-2005, 12:38 AM
Somewhere, there is a Bert missing his Ernie...
Go ahead, Scorpiobaby, tell us all how to get to Seseme Street!

scorpioboy33
03-05-2005, 12:41 AM
Well you see Seseme Street is not real much like your Hangnail..opps Thyroid :)

scorpioboy33
03-05-2005, 01:08 AM
I didn't call myself a christian, Sesh called me a christian.
Reading comprehension is 99.9% effective.
".
My god you didn't call yourself a christian...pulease...this is from another thread

Ya see, i don't care how you spin it, or how good the sound byte is, Democrats support the American Holocaust which is known as Abortion.
No God fearing christian who is true to their faith will ever back that party for that issue alone.
And yes, I'm saying that if you are a Democrat/Liberal, and claim to be christian, you are a liar, period.
Anyone who knows about or fears God will never support the act of killing babies, sorry, ain't happening.

man your full of shit!

Cathedral
03-05-2005, 01:13 AM
Ok Wayne, take off the mask now cause your cover is blown.

Ya know, i hate to agree with people when they share opinions on others, but ya know what scorpiobaby, I think i actually got dumber just trading posts with you.

In order to spare others this shame in the future may i suggest a book for you to read?

It's called "Life for Dummies", and don't skip any chapters; you can't afford to be any dumber.

Cathedral
03-05-2005, 01:19 AM
My god you didn't call yourself a christian...pulease...this is from another thread

Ya see, i don't care how you spin it, or how good the sound byte is, Democrats support the American Holocaust which is known as Abortion.
No God fearing christian who is true to their faith will ever back that party for that issue alone.
And yes, I'm saying that if you are a Democrat/Liberal, and claim to be christian, you are a liar, period.
Anyone who knows about or fears God will never support the act of killing babies, sorry, ain't happening.

man your full of shit!

People who are stupid should remain silent, at least doubt can hide the obvious.

Tell me, you freakin dipstick, where in that quote did I call MYSELF a christian?
Dude, you need to learn reading comprehension, seriously.

And i am laughing my ass off that you spent the better part of 10 minutes looking for something to fire at me, LMMFAO.
that's priceless, boy, and with change to boot.

You are a sad sad lonely boy, ain't ya?

scorpioboy33
03-05-2005, 01:28 AM
Tell me, you freakin dipstick, where in that quote did I call MYSELF a christian?
Dude, you need to learn reading comprehension, seriously.

so your saying your not a christian? Yah thats what I thought now Shhh!read below asshat!

Then their is the Gay issue, you all are for diversity, I am not, I think and firmly believe that Homosexual Behavior is an Abomination to God, and therefore i cannot ever stand behind a person who has power to grant them acceptance in our society.
I'm not a homophobe by any means either, my faith strictly forbids me to accept that lifestyle or support those who do in any way.

Cathedral
03-05-2005, 01:36 AM
Again, and take notes now:

Christian is a broad term that has been made to include more than one denomination when people, like you, try to attack their ideology.

I belive in Jesus Christ, not labels, so if YOU want to call me a christian, knock yourself out.
I don't consider myself a christian by THAT definition, I am a child of God, a student of the word, and don't need a label to know that.

Now go to bed, cartoons come on early in the morning and i want you to be well rested so you don't drive mommy crazy, k?

rustoffa
03-05-2005, 01:39 AM

Then their is the Gay issue, you all are for diversity, I am not, I think and firmly believe that Homosexual Behavior is an Abomination to God, and therefore i cannot ever stand behind a person who has power to grant them acceptance in our society.
I'm not a homophobe by any means either, my faith strictly forbids me to accept that lifestyle or support those who do in any way.

That's fucked up how you brought that up out of the blue and came off as a faggot.

scorpioboy33
03-05-2005, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
That's fucked up how you brought that up out of the blue and came off as a faggot.

I came off as a faggot....Well pal better that than a racist homphobe hick....btw Im married to a beautiful lady...sorry to disappoint

scorpioboy33
03-05-2005, 01:41 AM
Again, and take notes now:

Christian is a broad term that has been made to include more than one denomination when people, like you, try to attack their ideology.

I belive in Jesus Christ, not labels, so if YOU want to call me a christian, knock yourself out.
I don't consider myself a christian by THAT definition, I am a child of God, a student of the word, and don't need a label to know that.

Now go to bed, cartoons come on early in the morning and i want you to be well rested so you don't drive mommy crazy, k?

so simpleton are you saying you're not a christian....? btw I am a christian :)

rustoffa
03-05-2005, 01:44 AM
Yeah, you did.

Classic fucking confused rhetoric.

Textbook.

Go back and read it while you're listening to ocean noises.

Cathedral
03-05-2005, 01:47 AM
Still can't read, eh?
Oh well, i'm old and my thyroid wants to crash, goodnight dipstick...

Cathedral
03-05-2005, 01:51 AM
Yeah, you did.

Classic fucking confused rhetoric.

Textbook.

Go back and read it while you're listening to ocean noises.

Don't even waste your time with this tool, Rustoffa.
he'll only start sniffing your ass and follow you around the forums.

Later!

BigBadBrian
03-05-2005, 09:47 AM
so simpleton are you saying you're not a christian....? btw I am a christian :)

You're not a Christian...you're an idiot of the first magnitude. Go get a life. Cat knows more about being a Christian that you'll ever dream about. Piss off. :gulp:

Nickdfresh
03-05-2005, 10:09 AM
Friendly-fire tragedy in Baghdad

Car rushing Italian journalist to freedom fired upon; agent killed

By PATRICK QUINN
Associated Press
3/5/2005

http://www.buffalonews.com/graphics/2005/03/05/0305sgrena.jpg
Journalist Guiliana Sgrena was abducted Feb. 4 by gunmen who blocked her car outside Baghdad University.

BAGHDAD, Iraq - American troops fired on a car rushing Italian journalist Giuliana Sgrena to freedom on Friday after a month in captivity, killing the Italian intelligence officer who helped negotiate her release and wounding the reporter in another friendly-fire tragedy at a U.S. checkpoint.

Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, an ally of the United States who has kept Italian troops in Iraq despite public opposition at home, demanded an explanation "for such a serious incident, for which someone must take the responsibility."

President Bush expressed regret and promised to investigate, the White House said.

The U.S. military said the car was speeding as it approached a coalition checkpoint in western Baghdad at 8:55 p.m. It said soldiers shot into the engine block only after trying to warn the driver to stop by "hand and arm signals, flashing white lights, and firing warning shots."

The Americans said two people were wounded, but Berlusconi said there were three - Sgrena and two intelligence officers. One of the officers was in serious condition with an apparent lung injury, according to the Apcom news agency in Italy. The U.S. military said Army medics treated a wounded man but that "he refused medical evacuation for further assistance."

The intelligence agent was killed when he threw himself over Sgrena to protect her from U.S. fire, Apcom quoted Gabriele Polo, the editor of the leftist Italian newspaper Il Manifesto, as saying. Sgrena works for Il Manifesto.

Berlusconi identified the dead intelligence officer as Nicola Calipari and said he had been at the forefront of negotiations with the kidnappers. The prime minister said Calipari had been involved in the release of other Italian hostages in Iraq in the past.

U.S. troops took Sgrena to an American military hospital, where shrapnel was removed from her left shoulder. Apcom said Sgrena was fit to travel and would return to Rome today.

Sgrena, 56, was abducted Feb. 4 by gunmen who blocked her car outside Baghdad University. Last month, she was shown in a video pleading for her life and demanding that all foreign troops - including Italian forces - leave Iraq.

Berlusconi said he had been celebrating Sgrena's release with the editor of Il Manifesto, and with Sgrena's boyfriend, Pier Scolari, when he took a phone call from an agent who informed them of the shooting.

"It's a shame that the joy we all felt was turned into tragedy," Berlusconi said.

The shooting came as a blow to Berlusconi, who has kept 3,000 troops in Iraq despite strong opposition in Italy. The shooting was likely to set off new protests in Italy, where tens of thousands have regularly turned out on the streets to protest the Iraq war. Sgrena's newspaper was a loud opponent of the war.

"Another victim of an absurd war," Alfonso Pecoraro Scanio, leader of the Green Party, told Apcom.

Bush called Berlusconi and, in a five-minute conversation, expressed his regret about the incident, Bush spokesman Scott McClellan told reporters aboard Air Force One on Friday night.

Iraqis have reported numerous incidents where confusion at U.S. checkpoints has led to U.S. soldiers killing innocent civilians.

Also Friday, four U.S. soldiers were killed west of the capital in sprawling Anbar province, where American troops launched a massive sweep two weeks ago to root out insurgents, the military said.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050305/1007353.asp

LoungeMachine
03-05-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
You're not a Christian...you're an idiot of the first magnitude. Go get a life. Cat knows more about being a Christian that you'll ever dream about. Piss off. :gulp:

I stand with Brie on this one.

and Russ was right as usual.....

FORD
03-05-2005, 12:35 PM
US attack against Italians in Baghdad was deliberate: companion

Published: 3/5/2005

Latest wire from AFP

ROME - The companion of freed Italian journalist Giuliana Sgrena on Saturday leveled serious accusations at US troops who fired at her convoy as it was nearing Baghdad airport, saying the shooting had been deliberate.

"The Americans and Italians knew about (her) car coming," Pier Scolari said on leaving Rome's Celio military hospital where Sgrena is to undergo surgery following her return home.

"They were 700 meters (yards) from the airport, which means that they had passed all checkpoints."

The shooting late Friday was witnessed by Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi's office which was on the phone with one of the secret service agents, said Scolari. "Then the US military silenced the cellphones," he charged.

"Giuliana had information, and the US military did not want her to survive," he added.

When Sgrena was kidnapped on February 4 she was writing an article on refugees from Fallujah seeking shelter at a Baghdad mosque after US forces bombed the former Sunni rebel stronghold.

Sgrena told RaiNews24 television Saturday a "hail of bullets" rained down on the car taking her to safety at Baghdad airport, along with three secret service agents, killing one of them.

"I was speaking to (agent) Nicola Calipari (...) when he leant on me, probably to protect me, and then collapsed and I realized he was dead," said Sgrena, who was being questioned on Saturday by two Italian magistrates.

"They continued shooting and the driver couldn't even explain that we were Italians. It was really horrible," she added.

Sgrena, who was hospitalized with serious wounds to her left shoulder and lung after arriving back in Rome Saturday before noon, said she was "exhausted because of what happened above all in the last 24 hours".

"After all the risks I have been running I can say that I'm fine," she said.

"I thought that after I was handed over to the Italians danger was over, but then this shooting broke out and we were hit by a hail of bullets."

The chief editor of Sgrena's left-wing newspaper Il Manifesto Gabriele Polo meanwhile branded Calipari's death a "murder".

"He was hit in the head," he said.

Calipari will be given a state funeral Monday.

03/05/2005 13:43 GMT
AFP and Turkish Press

diamondD
03-05-2005, 06:22 PM
If the military wanted her dead, they would have finished the job.

kentuckyklira
03-06-2005, 08:07 AM
American troops fired on a car rushing Italian journalist Giuliana Sgrena to freedom on Friday after a month in captivity, killing the Italian intelligence officer who helped negotiate her release and wounding the reporter

God a couple of years ago Americian Pilots Murdered Canadian Soliders in Afganistan...now this....I wonder how man innoncents die at the hand of Moronic American Soliders...putz...
It kind of reminds me of when they fired upon an ambulance trying to return that american Solider Lady.
Than of course they had to STORM the hospital to "free" here....truly pathetic More proof that a major amount of US servicemen are triggerhappy moronic goons!

BigBadBrian
03-06-2005, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by diamondD
If the military wanted her dead, they would have finished the job.

Indeed. :gulp:

BigBadBrian
03-06-2005, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by kentuckyklira
More proof that a major amount of US servicemen are triggerhappy moronic goons!

Kinda like your ancestors, huh? ;)

kentuckyklira
03-06-2005, 10:04 AM
Kinda like your ancestors, huh? ;) True, but we learned from past mistakes!

LoungeMachine
03-06-2005, 10:22 AM
Injured Italian Reporter Says U.S. May Have Shot Her on Purpose
March 6 (Bloomberg) -- Giuliana Sgrena, the Italian reporter wounded on Friday by U.S.-led forces after she was freed from her captors in Iraq, said the military may have targeted her deliberately.

Sgrena, 57, who had been held for one month in captivity, was injured and an Italian intelligence officer Nicola Calipari was killed when coalition forces fired on their vehicle as it approached a Baghdad checkpoint on March 4.

Writing in Italy's Il Manifesto newspaper, Sgrena said her kidnappers had warned her to pay attention once she was freed, because the U.S. wanted her dead. At the time, she judged their words to be ``superfluous and ideological,'' she wrote.

``They told me to beware because `there are Americans who don't want you to return','' Sgrena said in the article. When she was shot, her captors' advice ``risked acquiring the taste of the most bitter of truths,'' she wrote.

U.S. President George W. Bush telephoned Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi on Friday to express regret about the incident and offer cooperation in an investigation, according to White House spokesman Scott McClellan.

U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice called Italian Foreign Minister Gianfranco Fini yesterday to reiterate the U.S. will do all it can to uncover what happened, la Repubblica reported today.

No Justification

The shooting was ``without reason,'' Sgrena said yesterday from a Rome military hospital, where she is being treated for her wounds, reported daily Corriere della Sera. ``I cannot find any justification for it,'' she was cited as saying.

Sgrena's convoy approached the checkpoint at a ``high rate of speed,'' according to Marine Sergeant Salju Thomas on Friday by telephone from Baghdad. ``It's an extremely threatening act,'' Thomas said. ``That's the exact same thing that car bombers do.''

Sgrena denied that the convoy carrying her, Calipari and two other Italian agents was speeding when it crossed the checkpoint, and said the shots were from elsewhere, Italy's Ansa news agency said yesterday.

``It wasn't a checkpoint, but a patrol that started shooting after pointing some lights in our direction,'' the Ansa news agency cited Sgrena as telling prosecutors.

U.S. soldiers ``knew everything about our mission,'' Sgrena's driver was cited by daily Corriere della Sera today as telling the prosecutors. The driver was also injured.

The Italian government said it was the U.S. military that fired on the vehicle. A U.S. military spokesman confirmed the incident but wouldn't say who fired the shots.

The shooting was ``a grave accident that someone will have to take responsibility for,'' Italy's Prime Minister Berlusconi said at a press conference held in Rome after the accident.

The reporter's wounds aren't life threatening, according to Il Manifesto, the newspaper for which she writes.

`Very Religious'

Sgrena was held hostage by five or six ``very religious'' people, including a woman, she told prosecutors on her return to Rome, according to Corriere. They spoke to her in Arabic, French, and broken English, she wrote in Il Manifesto today.

There will be a state funeral for Calipari in Rome tomorrow. Calipari helped free three other hostages in Iraq, Berlusconi said, without elaborating. The officer saved Sgrena's life by shielding her with his body, Berlusconi said.

Berlusconi and President Carlo Azeglio Ciampi joined Calipari's family late yesterday at Rome's Ciampino airport, to receive his flag-draped coffin carried by a military honor guard, the Associated Press reported.

The prime minister has pledged to leave Italy's 3,000 soldiers in the southern Iraqi city of Nasiriyah until the new government in Baghdad asks for a withdrawal. Italy has the fourth- largest contingent of the 29 countries with soldiers in Iraq. Only the U.S., U.K. and South Korea have more.

Sgrena, who appeared in a Feb. 16 video pleading for Italy to withdraw its soldiers from Iraq, was headed toward the airport for a homebound flight when she was shot. She arrived back in Italy yesterday, having undergone two operations during the night, Italy's TG5 television news reported.

Nickdfresh
03-06-2005, 11:39 AM
You're a postin' maniac today Lounge, I was just about to put this up. :D

scorpioboy33
03-06-2005, 09:32 PM

thank you for your consideration in this most important period of transition

scorpioboy33
03-06-2005, 09:42 PM

rustoffa
03-06-2005, 09:42 PM

I guess the lack of punctuation denotes more insight to come?

Go on.......

scorpioboy33
03-06-2005, 09:43 PM
naw I have emptied myself of all knowledge, insights and ideas...sad huh

rustoffa
03-06-2005, 09:45 PM
Fuck, have a gatorade or something.

Is it that bad?

scorpioboy33
03-06-2005, 09:57 PM
nah not so bad actually...
Bruce Springsteen is releasing a new album followed by a tour. And Canada stands as the best country in the world :). Could be much worse actually.

rustoffa
03-06-2005, 10:29 PM
Fantastic.

Where is Hamilton?

All I can ever remember is how Lance Storm would always go, "CALGARY, ALBERTA, CANADA!" and proceed to get the fucking shit kicked out of him by Norman Smiley.

scorpioboy33
03-06-2005, 10:35 PM
Ok we are between Niagara Falls and Toronto. We are kind of a steel city kinda like Allanstown P.A.
Not sure who Lance Storm or Norman Smiley is but would love to see the pics :)

LoungeMachine
03-06-2005, 10:40 PM
Norman Smiley.

Any relation to Stuart??

and dog gone it....people like me:D

Nickdfresh
03-06-2005, 10:43 PM
Fantastic.

Where is Hamilton?

All I can ever remember is how Lance Storm would always go, "CALGARY, ALBERTA, CANADA!" and proceed to get the fucking shit kicked out of him by Norman Smiley. '

Not far from where I live actually. The Hamiltonians were once pissed that the Toronto Maple Leafs and Buffalo Sabres joined forces to prevent them from having an NHL team.

scorpioboy33
03-06-2005, 10:44 PM
I love Buffalo!

LoungeMachine
03-06-2005, 10:47 PM
I love Buffalo!

I can't stand the taste of Buffalo.

Tastes like beef rubbed in dirt, and cured in moss

Nickdfresh
03-06-2005, 10:50 PM

Ahhh...the taste of Buffalo:

http://www.monteleones.net/buffalo/buffinfo/wings.jpg
http://www.surfbuffalo.com/Restaurants/beef-on-weck-pix1.jpg

rustoffa
03-06-2005, 10:51 PM
We are kind of a steel city kinda like Allanstown P.A.
Not sure who Lance Storm or Norman Smiley is but would love to see the pics :)

Did y'all go through the depletion of coke and ore like in that Billy Joel song?

LoungeMachine
03-06-2005, 10:54 PM
coke and whores????

where?

whadImiss, whadImiss?????

dammit

rustoffa
03-06-2005, 10:55 PM

No shit, It ruined a pot of spaghetti of mine.

Fuckers are like, "try it, it's great....it's lean and not greasy."

I'd just as soon buy ground sirloin and not have to throw the shit out.

rustoffa
03-06-2005, 10:58 PM
coke and whores????

where?

whadImiss, whadImiss?????

dammit

No no no....I meant where he laments about shit in the Allentown song.

Shit, he may have been talking about coke and whores the way he drives x-pensive volkswagons into peoples' living rooms!

scorpioboy33
03-06-2005, 11:00 PM
Did y'all go through the depletion of coke and ore like in that Billy Joel song?

naw but our once biggest steel maker almost closed but the Steel Market is very strong at this time

LoungeMachine
03-06-2005, 11:08 PM
Rome tries to limit fallout from Iraq death
By Tony Barber in Rome
Published: March 7 2005 02:00 | Last updated: March 7 2005 02:00

Italy's centre-right government yesterday scrambled to contain the damage to itself and to US-Italian relations after US troops in Iraq killed an Italian secret service agent and wounded an Italian hostage just set free from her captors.

As anger and shock spread across the nation, thousands of Italians flocked to the Victor Emmanuel II marble monument in central Rome where the body of Nicola Calipari, the dead agent, lay in state.

Mr Calipari was killed by a single bullet in Baghdad last Friday as he escorted Giuliana Sgrena, a journalist who had been held hostage for a month, in a car to the airport.

The shooting triggered a diplomatic and political emergency for Silvio Berlusconi, prime minister, who defied public opinion by sending Italian troops in support of the US occupation of Iraq after the 2003 war, and whose ruling coalition faces important regional elections in Italy next month.

Politicians of all colours demanded an explanation from the US authorities for why US soldiers opened fire on Ms Sgrena's car.

Mr Berlusconi, a proudly pro-American leader, took the unusual step of summoning Mel Sembler, the US ambassador to Rome, to his office.

Mr Berlusconi will make a statement to parliament on Wednesday about the shooting, but ministers have already vowed that Italy's 3,000-strong military and police contingent will stay in Iraq.

Nevertheless, national passions were running high after Ms Sgrena, on television and in Il Manifesto, her leftwing newspaper, gave a vivid account of the incident in Baghdad.

According to Italian press reports, Ms Sgrena has contradicted US military explanations that her car was fired upon as it headed at high speed toward a check-point, a situation that draws immediate fire.

The US military said its soldiers had used hand and arm signals, flashed lights and fired warning shots to make the car stop but Ms Sgrena said she had seen no signals or lights. Washington has promised a full investigation.

Since the invasion of Iraq two years ago, the US military has undertaken several investigations into what it has described as the accidental killings of foreign reporters and media workers. Some big news organisations remain dissatisfied with the explanations.

In her account in Il Manifesto, Ms Sgrena also questioned whether the US had deliberately sought to kill her, a view that was ridiculed by Italian intelligence, according to Corriere della Sera, the country's leading paper.

The circumstances leading to Ms Sgrena's release were unclear, but Giovanni Alemanno, agriculture minister, said he thought it was probable that a ransom had been paid.

LoungeMachine
03-06-2005, 11:11 PM

Since the invasion of Iraq two years ago, the US military has undertaken several investigations into what it has described as the accidental killings of foreign reporters and media workers. Some big news organisations remain dissatisfied with the explanations.

Isn't it refreshing and comforting to know that elsewhere in the world "some big news organizations" remain dissatisfied with official "explanations"

Unlike the lapdog US media

rustoffa
03-06-2005, 11:12 PM
Maybe the CIA is just making up for lost time?

Any re-organizational effort is bound to produce guffaws.

rustoffa
03-06-2005, 11:15 PM
BTW, The CIA never really "underwent" any fucking thing.

That was a joke.

scorpioboy33
03-07-2005, 12:20 AM
Gee Wiz Here's a big surprise....NOT

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/03/06/italy.iraq/index.html

Ex-hostage disputes U.S. account of shooting
She was told "we were less than a kilometer" from the airport, where a plane was waiting to take her back to Rome, "when ... I only remember fire. At that point, a rain of fire and bullets hit us, shutting up forever the cheerful voices of a few minutes earlier."

"The driver started yelling that we were Italians. 'We are Italians, we are Italians.' Nicola Calipari threw himself on me to protect me and immediately, I repeat, immediately I heard his last breath as he was dying on me. I must have felt physical pain, I didn't know why."

Nickdfresh
03-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Journalist says U.S. troops fired without warning
http://www.buffalonews.com/graphics/2005/03/07/0307italy.jpg
By ANGELA DOLAND
Associated Press
3/7/2005

Associated Press
Members of Italy's military carry agent Nicola Calipari's coffin into Rome's Vittoriano national monument. A state funeral was planned today. Related photo on the Picture Page, C12.

ROME - Left-wing journalist Giuliana Sgrena claimed Sunday that American soldiers gave no warning before they opened fire on the car taking her to Baghdad airport, wounding her and killing the Italian agent who had just won her freedom after a month in captivity.

She also said she could not rule out that U.S. forces intentionally shot at the car Friday night, because the United States objected to the methods used to secure her release.

"The fact that the Americans don't want negotiations to free the hostages is known," the 56-year-old journalist told Sky TG24 television by telephone.

"The fact that they do everything to prevent the adoption of this practice to save the lives of people held hostage, everybody knows that. So I don't see why I should rule out that I could have been the target."

In an interview with RAI, Italian state television, she said that before her captors released her, they told her, "The Americans don't want you to return alive to Italy."

Responding to an Italian Cabinet minister's statement that money likely changed hands to win her freedom, Sgrena said she knew nothing about a ransom payment, and no details have come out about how authorities negotiated her release.

U.S. officials object to ransom payments or negotiation with kidnappers, claiming it encourages further hostage-taking.

The White House called the shooting a "horrific accident" and repeated its promise to investigate fully.

Gabriele Polo, Sgrena's editor at Il Manifesto, said Italian officials told him that 300 to 400 rounds had been fired at the car. Italian military officials said two other intelligence agents were wounded in the shooting; U.S. officials said only one other agent was hurt.

The shooting has fueled anti-American sentiment in a country where people have deeply opposed the war in Iraq, but it did not provoke mass protests.

At least 10,000 people lined up in the rain to pay their respects to Nicola Calipari, the agent who died trying to shield Sgrena from the American bullets.

Draped in an Italian flag, his casket lay in state at Rome's Vittoriano national monument, which houses the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. A state funeral was planned for today, and Calipari has been awarded the gold medal of valor.

Calipari was struck in the temple by a single round and died instantly, the ANSA news agency reported, quoting doctors who did an autopsy.

White House counselor Dan Bartlett said Sunday the shootings were a "horrific accident." He said President Bush called Italian Premier Silvio Berlusconi to offer condolences and promise a full investigation.

"As you know, in a situation where there is a live combat zone, particularly this road to the airport (which) has been a notorious area for car bombs, people are making split-second decisions, and it's critically important that we get the facts before we make judgments," he said on CNN's "Late Edition."

The U.S. military has said that the car containing Sgrena was speeding and that Americans used hand and arm signals, flashed white lights and fired warning shots in an effort to get it to stop at the roadblock.

But in an interview with Italian La 7 TV, Sgrena said, "There was no bright light, no signal." She also said the car was traveling at "regular speed."

The shooting was a setback for Berlusconi, who has kept 3,000 Italian troops in Iraq despite the public opposition at home.

Communications Minister Maurizio Gasparri urged Sgrena to be more careful about what she said. "I understand the emotion of these hours, but those who have been under stress in the past few weeks should pull themselves together and avoid saying nonsense," he said.

Gasparri also said the shooting would not affect Italian support for efforts to secure postwar Iraq. "The military mission must carry on because it consolidates democracy and liberty in Iraq," he said.

Asked whether ransom was paid for Sgrena's release, Agriculture Minister Giovanni Alemanno said it was "very probable."

Younadem Kana, an Iraqi politician, said he had "non-official" information that $1 million had been paid, Italy's Apcom news agency reported, although that could not be confirmed.

www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050307/1015514.asp

Triumph
03-07-2005, 05:15 PM
Ranson for hostages paid to terrorist scum. money that will somehow be used to kill american troops, more than one im sure.
I wonder how this woman could see that there were no signals or lights while the cia officer was shielding her from bullets?
How much does she drive that she is an expert on what is speeding and what is not from within a car?
Can she see the speedometer through a human body that is shielding her from bullets?
More questions than answers, for me to poop on.
Is she telling the truth? it could be that she believes she is, but does that mean it is the truth?
If she had a mark on her head then she wouldn't be alive to tell her side of the story would she?
More questions than answers, for me to poop on.
And what is her view of the US?
Much to early to tell what the facts really are.

flatbroke
03-07-2005, 05:33 PM
Love this site. First and probably only post ever.

1. If anyone can name a more dangerous road on the planet, please do. Those troops had probably a few seconds to make a life and death decision, and my guess is they did what they thought they had to to stop a suicide bomber. Anyone with a functioning central nervous system would have acted to protect themselves.

2. Italy did not give any notice to the US troops that they were rescuing her, or traveling down that road..... No alert to the US soldiers ahead of time. Gross incompetence on their part. A tragedy yes, but let's skip the grassy knoll theories please.

3. I've never served, but have huge respect for those that do.

Nickdfresh
03-07-2005, 09:28 PM
March 7, 2005

DISPATCH FROM BAGHDAD
Traveling on a Highway of Dread
A reporter recalls her own wary journey on airport road hours before an ex-hostage was shot.

By Alissa J. Rubin, Time (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-airportroad7mar07.story)s Staff Writer

BAGHDAD — The route runs through a broad and flat landscape, bare but for a few date palms rising tall and dignified and the occasional small bush. Goats mill about, shepherded by young boys or old men. Except for the litter of plastic bottles and bags, the scene is almost pastoral, peaceful.

It hardly seems the place where people could hide and detonate bombs or jump out and ambush vehicles. But this is Baghdad's airport road, seven miles of dread.

It was on this road that U.S. soldiers opened fire Friday night on the car carrying Italian journalist Guiliana Sgrena, wounding her and killing the Italian intelligence agent who had negotiated her release from Sunni Muslim insurgents.

Having reported from Iraq for much of the last two years, I was dismayed to hear that a fellow journalist who had survived the unimaginable stress and fear of being a hostage was then the victim of an American military shooting. But when I learned the incident occurred on the airport road, it became, at one level, understandable.

Bad things happen on the airport road — all the time. Many people who travel it on a regular basis have a personal horror story, a moment when they thought, "This might be it." Everyone else has a friend who has had one.

Since the war, the airport road has not been any ordinary highway. It is a battleground; a place without rules or certainties, a place where there are no guarantees of safety for civilians or soldiers of any nationality.

For the ordinary traveler, there are two hazards: the wary, short-fused American troops who have lost dozens of their comrades to roadside bombs and ambushes, and the insurgents who target the U.S. military convoys that ply the route.

It is a road to be approached with caution, with a plan, with wariness of every other car and every American convoy.

About five hours before Sgrena was shot, I was on the same road, traveling in the opposite direction from the airport into Baghdad with what has become routine unease. Rather than looking at the scenery, I stared straight ahead and felt a faint nausea.

Many who have traveled the six-lane route have wondered how U.S. and Iraqi forces can ever expect to defeat Iraq's insurgency if they cannot even make this short stretch of pavement safe. As we drove along, I remembered a conversation I had before the Jan. 30 election with a Western diplomat who had lived in Iraq off and on for a year.

I had asked him if the U.S. military's goal was to secure more of the country before the vote.

He raised his eyebrows. "The country?" he replied, as if I had asked for the moon. "How about Baghdad? How about just the airport road?"

Most organizations whose employees must travel the route have rules for how to do it. Like most security measures in war zones, they are gospel until the day they don't work. Some people use armored vehicles and have "chase cars" with armed guards trail them, believing that although they may be conspicuous, at least in an armored car they will survive if insurgents open fire.

Others, wary that armored vehicles might attract the insurgents, will only travel in old Iraqi cars.

No one talks much about the reality that only the heaviest armor, the kind used by the military, can withstand a roadside bomb, and even then not all roadside bombs. Few civilian cars are fitted with that amount of armor.

I travel in an old Iraqi car, and dress in a black gown and head scarf so as not to attract attention. When a military convoy appears, my driver slows to a crawl and waits for it to get at least half a mile ahead before picking up pace again. We fear we might get hit if we get too close and insurgents open fire on the convoy.

As the road slipped by on Friday, I was struck by the calm of the scene, and yet aware of my suspicions. Were the three children playing in the scrub by the side of the road just in need of a playground, or had they been trained to step on a detonator as a U.S. convoy moved by? Was the dead goat stuffed with explosives? Could the quiet neighborhood with hardly a car in sight be hiding insurgents?

"See, that's where there was an IED," my driver Ahmad said, using the military's shorthand for improvised explosive device. "You can see the pit," he said gesturing to a crater.

He pointed to the charred shell of a car sitting a few feet off the shoulder.

"See that, that's a bomb car," he said.

"Last summer I was here, driving from the airport, and suddenly, 'Boom!' A Humvee ahead of us was hit. I said, 'It's OK, it's OK' and then everyone began shooting — the Americans, the Iraqis over there," he said, gesturing to the nearby neighborhood.

On this route, it's hard to know whether a car that speeds by a military convoy simply has a nervous driver, or carries a suicide bomber. Last fall, a bomber on the road targeted an armored bus carrying U.S. personnel. No one was killed, but the bus was damaged. Often passing civilians are injured or die in the attacks.

One of the mosques near the beginning of the route, Ibn Taymiyah, is well known as an insurgent center. When U.S. soldiers searched it, they found grenades, ammunition and guns.

Farther on is a neighborhood named Jihad and another named Furat, where former intelligence officers under Saddam Hussein live.

"Very tough place," declared Ahmad.

Insurgents hide in the neighborhood and scurry out to lay bombs that can be detonated from a distance with cellphones or garage door openers. Sometimes they shoot from the rooftops of houses.

The military is up against a community that may not like the insurgents but is afraid to turn them in. An Iraqi friend said he has a brother-in-law who lives in Amariya, another neighborhood near the airport, and knows which houses are used by insurgents targeting the road. "I know but I will never tell because they would find out and kill me," he said.

The Americans have tried to make it difficult for insurgents to operate along the road. They have chopped down palm trees and taken down fences that the rebels hid behind. They have put up observation cameras. They have handed out leaflets and warned people who live in the area not to collaborate with insurgents. But the insurgents keep finding new ways to attack.

On Friday, a military convoy sped by. We stopped, letting it go far ahead. Next we sighted two SUVs that looked like they might be carrying security contractors. Again we slowed, for fear that insurgents might target them.

Suddenly Ahmad sped up, barreling down the rough highway at nearly 80 mph. My worries about insurgents and skittish U.S. soldiers quickly turned to fears of an accident as he honked to get cars to move out of the way.

He believed we were being followed. A burgundy car with three men in it was visible in our rearview mirror, speeding close behind us. We couldn't tell if they were armed.

Finally, we lost them and slowed down. As we drew up to our hotel, we saw the car again — it had been the chase car of another news organization. The misplaced suspicion would have been funny, if the situation had not been so dangerous.

The Italians were on the road at a far worse time. Although there are few attacks at night, there is also little visibility, and the U.S. military suspects every vehicle.

Like us, Sgrena must have been frightened of being on the road. But having just escaped from insurgents, she probably never would have thought she would be mistaken for one of them.

kentuckyklira
03-08-2005, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
March 7, 2005

DISPATCH FROM BAGHDAD
Traveling on a Highway of Dread
A reporter recalls her own wary journey on airport road hours before an ex-hostage was shot.

By Alissa J. Rubin, Time (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-airportroad7mar07.story)s Staff Writer

BAGHDAD — The route runs through a broad and flat landscape, bare but for a few date palms rising tall and dignified and the occasional small bush. Goats mill about, shepherded by young boys or old men. Except for the litter of plastic bottles and bags, the scene is almost pastoral, peaceful.

It hardly seems the place where people could hide and detonate bombs or jump out and ambush vehicles. But this is Baghdad's airport road, seven miles of dread.

It was on this road that U.S. soldiers opened fire Friday night on the car carrying Italian journalist Guiliana Sgrena, wounding her and killing the Italian intelligence agent who had negotiated her release from Sunni Muslim insurgents.

Having reported from Iraq for much of the last two years, I was dismayed to hear that a fellow journalist who had survived the unimaginable stress and fear of being a hostage was then the victim of an American military shooting. But when I learned the incident occurred on the airport road, it became, at one level, understandable.

Bad things happen on the airport road — all the time. Many people who travel it on a regular basis have a personal horror story, a moment when they thought, "This might be it." Everyone else has a friend who has had one.

Since the war, the airport road has not been any ordinary highway. It is a battleground; a place without rules or certainties, a place where there are no guarantees of safety for civilians or soldiers of any nationality.

For the ordinary traveler, there are two hazards: the wary, short-fused American troops who have lost dozens of their comrades to roadside bombs and ambushes, and the insurgents who target the U.S. military convoys that ply the route.

It is a road to be approached with caution, with a plan, with wariness of every other car and every American convoy.

About five hours before Sgrena was shot, I was on the same road, traveling in the opposite direction from the airport into Baghdad with what has become routine unease. Rather than looking at the scenery, I stared straight ahead and felt a faint nausea.

Many who have traveled the six-lane route have wondered how U.S. and Iraqi forces can ever expect to defeat Iraq's insurgency if they cannot even make this short stretch of pavement safe. As we drove along, I remembered a conversation I had before the Jan. 30 election with a Western diplomat who had lived in Iraq off and on for a year.

I had asked him if the U.S. military's goal was to secure more of the country before the vote.

He raised his eyebrows. "The country?" he replied, as if I had asked for the moon. "How about Baghdad? How about just the airport road?"

Most organizations whose employees must travel the route have rules for how to do it. Like most security measures in war zones, they are gospel until the day they don't work. Some people use armored vehicles and have "chase cars" with armed guards trail them, believing that although they may be conspicuous, at least in an armored car they will survive if insurgents open fire.

Others, wary that armored vehicles might attract the insurgents, will only travel in old Iraqi cars.

No one talks much about the reality that only the heaviest armor, the kind used by the military, can withstand a roadside bomb, and even then not all roadside bombs. Few civilian cars are fitted with that amount of armor.

I travel in an old Iraqi car, and dress in a black gown and head scarf so as not to attract attention. When a military convoy appears, my driver slows to a crawl and waits for it to get at least half a mile ahead before picking up pace again. We fear we might get hit if we get too close and insurgents open fire on the convoy.

As the road slipped by on Friday, I was struck by the calm of the scene, and yet aware of my suspicions. Were the three children playing in the scrub by the side of the road just in need of a playground, or had they been trained to step on a detonator as a U.S. convoy moved by? Was the dead goat stuffed with explosives? Could the quiet neighborhood with hardly a car in sight be hiding insurgents?

"See, that's where there was an IED," my driver Ahmad said, using the military's shorthand for improvised explosive device. "You can see the pit," he said gesturing to a crater.

He pointed to the charred shell of a car sitting a few feet off the shoulder.

"See that, that's a bomb car," he said.

"Last summer I was here, driving from the airport, and suddenly, 'Boom!' A Humvee ahead of us was hit. I said, 'It's OK, it's OK' and then everyone began shooting — the Americans, the Iraqis over there," he said, gesturing to the nearby neighborhood.

On this route, it's hard to know whether a car that speeds by a military convoy simply has a nervous driver, or carries a suicide bomber. Last fall, a bomber on the road targeted an armored bus carrying U.S. personnel. No one was killed, but the bus was damaged. Often passing civilians are injured or die in the attacks.

One of the mosques near the beginning of the route, Ibn Taymiyah, is well known as an insurgent center. When U.S. soldiers searched it, they found grenades, ammunition and guns.

Farther on is a neighborhood named Jihad and another named Furat, where former intelligence officers under Saddam Hussein live.

"Very tough place," declared Ahmad.

Insurgents hide in the neighborhood and scurry out to lay bombs that can be detonated from a distance with cellphones or garage door openers. Sometimes they shoot from the rooftops of houses.

The military is up against a community that may not like the insurgents but is afraid to turn them in. An Iraqi friend said he has a brother-in-law who lives in Amariya, another neighborhood near the airport, and knows which houses are used by insurgents targeting the road. "I know but I will never tell because they would find out and kill me," he said.

The Americans have tried to make it difficult for insurgents to operate along the road. They have chopped down palm trees and taken down fences that the rebels hid behind. They have put up observation cameras. They have handed out leaflets and warned people who live in the area not to collaborate with insurgents. But the insurgents keep finding new ways to attack.

On Friday, a military convoy sped by. We stopped, letting it go far ahead. Next we sighted two SUVs that looked like they might be carrying security contractors. Again we slowed, for fear that insurgents might target them.

Suddenly Ahmad sped up, barreling down the rough highway at nearly 80 mph. My worries about insurgents and skittish U.S. soldiers quickly turned to fears of an accident as he honked to get cars to move out of the way.

He believed we were being followed. A burgundy car with three men in it was visible in our rearview mirror, speeding close behind us. We couldn't tell if they were armed.

Finally, we lost them and slowed down. As we drew up to our hotel, we saw the car again — it had been the chase car of another news organization. The misplaced suspicion would have been funny, if the situation had not been so dangerous.

The Italians were on the road at a far worse time. Although there are few attacks at night, there is also little visibility, and the U.S. military suspects every vehicle.

Like us, Sgrena must have been frightened of being on the road. But having just escaped from insurgents, she probably never would have thought she would be mistaken for one of them. Make an mp3 of this and post a link. Reading all this even though it doesn´t fit their agendas is something conservatards always refuse to do!

scorpioboy33
03-11-2005, 11:01 AM
silly hostages getting in the way of the troops bullets

ODShowtime
03-11-2005, 11:51 AM

Bullshit. No one murdered any Canadians. It was a friendly fire incident and they happen. Deal with it. Now journalists? That's another story.

ODShowtime
03-11-2005, 12:31 PM
More proof that a major amount of US servicemen are triggerhappy moronic goons!

this does NOT prove your assertion.

Little_Skittles
03-11-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Funny how many "mistaken" attacks there have been on journalists, isn't it?

Probably because they know something that the american military doesn't want out.

BigBadBrian
03-11-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Little_Skittles
Probably because they know something that the american military doesn't want out.

Yeah, like they are practicing VooDoo over there. :rolleyes:

scorpioboy33
03-12-2005, 08:02 AM
remember when the us airforce bombed the chinese embassy in Yugoslavia TWICE!....

Satan
03-12-2005, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
Bullshit. No one murdered any Canadians. It was a friendly fire incident and they happen. Deal with it. Now journalists? That's another story.

Actually it was a result of the pilots being tweaked out on meth. So while that technically gets filed as a "friendly fire" incident, it's complete dragonshit that it couldn't have been avoided.

It's pretty common knowledge that tweakers don't use very good judgment. Not a good mental state for one to be in when you have to determine who is and is not an enemy. Maybe they should be doing blood & piss tests to the guys who shot the Italians as well?

ODShowtime
03-12-2005, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Satan
Actually it was a result of the pilots being tweaked out on meth. So while that technically gets filed as a "friendly fire" incident, it's complete dragonshit that it couldn't have been avoided.

Maybe they should be doing blood & piss tests to the guys who shot the Italians as well?

I know Satan. I didn't want to get into all of that. And I knew it was you who thought up piss tests. Nice profits on that one huh? Thanks. :rolleyes:

BTW my buddy was in the paratroopers manning roadblocks for awhile. I'd rather he waste 20 of whatever than get blasted himself. Now he's back in the US as crazy as ever.

scorpioboy33
03-13-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime

BTW my buddy was in the paratroopers manning roadblocks for awhile. I'd rather he waste 20 of whatever than get blasted himself. Now he's back in the US as crazy as ever. 20 of whatever???what does that mean..like no biggie she was fired upon?

Nickdfresh
03-13-2005, 09:46 AM
20 of whatever???what does that mean..like no biggie she was fired upon?

You know, Canadian soldiers are not perfect either:

SSF (http://www.dnd.ca/somalia/vol1/v1c12e.htm)

scorpioboy33
03-13-2005, 10:26 AM
example?

BigBadBrian
03-13-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Satan

It's pretty common knowledge that tweakers don't use very good judgment. Not a good mental state for one to be in when you have to determine who is and is not an enemy. Maybe they should be doing blood & piss tests to the guys who shot the Italians as well?

:fu:

FUCK YOU!

Fuck you, FORD!

Cocksucker. Motherfucker. You're a goddamn coward. It's fucking easy to criticize our boys at a roadblock when they have a fucking missile on wheels hurtling at them, isn't it?

Fucking bastard. Fuck you and your entire family for four generations to come.

LoungeMachine
03-13-2005, 03:48 PM
Brie's a little pissy today.

Still can't find that receipt, I guess

BigBadBrian
03-13-2005, 03:56 PM
Brie's a little pissy today.

Still can't find that receipt, I guess

Don't start LM, I'll have to whip your ass too, you Cocoa Puff eating pussing.

LoungeMachine
03-13-2005, 05:02 PM
Don't start LM, I'll have to whip your ass too, you Cocoa Puff eating pussing.

Bwuhahahahahaha

Another cyber tough guy.

Gonna "own" me like your buddy Jesterskank [ who you now need to steal lines from]

Poor Brie,

BTW, what's a pussing?

Perhaps that's why you want to return your wife. Her pussing.:D

fucking moron:rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
03-13-2005, 05:04 PM
:fu:

FUCK YOU!

Fuck you, FORD!

Cocksucker. Motherfucker. You're a goddamn coward. It's fucking easy to criticize our boys at a roadblock when they have a fucking missile on wheels hurtling at them, isn't it?

Fucking bastard. Fuck you and your entire family for four generations to come.

Well done FORD.

Nice work making stupid neo con shitbags froth at the mouth.:D

Too funny.

kentuckyklira
03-13-2005, 05:14 PM
Don't start LM, I'll have to whip your ass too, you Cocoa Puff eating pussing. The last asswhipping was the one you paid a 10 $ hooker to do!

LoungeMachine
03-13-2005, 05:16 PM
The last asswhipping was the one you paid a 10 $ hooker to do!

That's no way to talk about Brie's wife, tuck......:D

and she was $20.....Brie would prove it IF he could only find that damn receipt.........

BigBadBrian
03-13-2005, 05:45 PM
Bwuhahahahahaha

Another cyber tough guy.

Gonna "own" me like your buddy Jesterskank [ who you now need to steal lines from]

Poor Brie,

BTW, what's a pussing?

Perhaps that's why you want to return your wife. Her pussing.:D

fucking moron:rolleyes:

You're the last one to be pointing out typo's, Mr. Third-Grade Education. That's about all you're good for since you have no legitimate arguments and since you bring absolutely nothing else to the table. You're intellectually broke. Try going to the brain bank and getting a loan. :D

I'm glad I made your day today...glad to be of service.

See you later Mr. Frontline Bitch. :D

BigBadBrian
03-13-2005, 05:47 PM
The last asswhipping was the one you paid a 10 $ hooker to do!

Your wife had to have a job according to the German employment system so I obliged. ;)

LoungeMachine
03-13-2005, 05:52 PM
You're the last one to be pointing out typo's,

typo's ???????

Hahahah:D

fucking classic

apostrophe and all......:rolleyes:

Stick to the typo story, it's working for ya..;)

kentuckyklira
03-13-2005, 05:53 PM
Your wife had to have a job according to the German employment system so I obliged. ;) Too bad for you I ain´t married!

Never was and don´t intend to anytime soon!

:fucku2: :eatit:

BigBadBrian
03-13-2005, 05:57 PM
Too bad for you I ain´t married!

Never was and don´t intend to anytime soon!

:fucku2: :eatit:

Probably a fag, then. LardMachine's available. :sex:

LoungeMachine
03-13-2005, 05:59 PM
Probably a fag, then. LardMachine's available. :sex:

Wow.

You really ARE on Jesterskank's level :rolleyes:

Only difference is, he doesn't need to use your lame retorts:D

kentuckyklira
03-13-2005, 06:00 PM
Probably a fag, then. LardMachine's available. :sex: Well, if you´re such an ugly cunt that you have to take any woman with a sufficient lack of self-respect and bind her to you, be my guest. I prefer my promiscuous freedom!

BigBadBrian
03-13-2005, 06:02 PM
Well, if you´re such an ugly cunt that you have to take any woman with a sufficient lack of self-respect and bind her to you, be my guest. I prefer my promiscuous freedom!

Oh, I get it. You prefer NEVER to get laid. :D

BTW...I'm outta here on all this crappy dialogue. :cool:

Gotta go BBQ some ribs.

kentuckyklira
03-13-2005, 06:05 PM
Oh, I get it. You prefer NEVER to get laid. :D

BTW...I'm outta here on all this crappy dialogue. :cool:

Gotta go BBQ some ribs. So, that´s why people like you marry!

Enjoy the ribs, just be careful not to singe your gut!

LoungeMachine
03-13-2005, 06:09 PM
Hope his grilling skills are better than his comedy.......

Hey, anybody seen Brie's

LoungeMachine
03-13-2005, 06:11 PM
dog?????

kentuckyklira
03-13-2005, 06:13 PM
dog????? :lol: :baaa:

scorpioboy33
03-13-2005, 06:31 PM
great work burning poor ole red neck bri!

LoungeMachine
03-13-2005, 06:59 PM
great work burning poor ole red neck bri!

Getting too easy.

hardly a sport these days:D

Anytime his herpes acts up he gets all pissy in here

Nickdfresh
03-13-2005, 09:04 PM
example?

Did you click the link that tells how the Special Service Force was disbanded in disgrace because your elite soldiers enjoyed torturing and murdering Somalis? (Around 1992.)

Soldiers of any nation put in a bad position by their leaders are prone to acting badly.