PDA

View Full Version : Ok.... Bad Idea?

The Scatologist
03-05-2005, 05:55 AM
Out of all the things the military can dismantle, they decide to dismantle a radar system. I mean, theres tons of nukes and biological weapon plants out there that you can do away with, but instead, they're dismantling something that may be USEFUL?

http://kevxml2adsl.verizon.net/_1_2T94TO102WVFV8E__vzn.dsl/apnws/story.htm?kcfg=apart&feed=ap&sin=D88KLSGO0&qcat=usnews&passqi=&top=1&ran=17757

Nickdfresh
03-05-2005, 09:46 AM
I think the radar was replaced by more advanced, upgradable systems. For instance, the old early warning radars at Odis Air Station in MA was severally outdated at one point a few years ago. Everything worked okay, but the software was based on mid-80's computer technology.

The problem was they had to take the whole thing off-line to upgrade the computer software, which is a giant catch-22, since you would leave the East Coast open to incursion or attack by doing so. They gradually moved to a system of redundancy and backup, in order to provide more flexibility. We probably don't need the radar because it is obsolete.

The Scatologist
03-05-2005, 03:27 PM
Yeah but to just scrap something like that seems a waste.

Anonymous
03-05-2005, 03:40 PM
Send it to Portugal. Our Ministery of Defense loves old and useless things. Besides, we may need it, should Spain decide to attack us...

Cheers! :bottle:

The Scatologist
03-05-2005, 03:43 PM
LOL! That reminds me of something my Spanish teacher said in highschool.

Me and my friend were like fucking with him saying, Senor, do you hate the Portuguese?

He said, No No, I love our lesser brothers.

lmao

Anonymous
03-05-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by The Scatologist
LOL! That reminds me of something my Spanish teacher said in highschool.

Me and my friend were like fucking with him saying, Senor, do you hate the Portuguese?

He said, No No, I love our lesser brothers.

lmao

That motherfucker... You know, if I was a patriot, I'd be really pissed off. :D

But I believe in individuality, as in the individual will not be tied to stupid things, like religion, country, or any other belief.

Hey, I bet there's a French muslim Van Hagar lover somewhere who happens to be cool. ;)

Cheers! :bottle: