PDA

View Full Version : See What a Great Guy Pres. Bill Clinton Is?!

Nickdfresh
03-06-2005, 07:30 PM
Clinton sleeps on floor so elder Bush can have bed

Sunday, March 6, 2005 Posted: 6:28 PM EST (2328 GMT)

Former presidents Bill Clinton and George H.W. Bush toured Southeast Asia to survey Tsunami damage.

NEW YORK (AP) -- On their tour of tsunami damage in Southeast Asia, former President Bill Clinton once allowed his predecessor, former President George H.W. Bush, to sleep on the plane's only bed while he stretched out on the floor.

The government plane in which the presidents toured the disaster area had one large bedroom and another room with tables and seats, according to an interview with Bush in this week's Newsweek.

Bush, 80, said Clinton offered ahead of time to give the older former president the bedroom so he could lie flat and avoid paining his body. Clinton, 58, decided to play cards in the other room that night.

The next morning, Bush said he peeked in and saw Clinton sound asleep on the plane's floor.

"We could have switched places, each getting half a night on the bed, but he deferred to me. That was a very courteous thing, very thoughtful, and that meant a great deal to me," Bush said.

Bush said he and Clinton are not close, but have been compatible on the tour, partly because Clinton respects his age.

The March 14 issue of Newsweek hits newsstands Monday.

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/03/06/bush.clinton.ap/index.html

LoungeMachine
03-06-2005, 08:20 PM
Here's where the Neocons make jokes bout getting a Hummer from a Flight Attendant

Warham
03-06-2005, 08:54 PM
That was a nice thing for Slick Willy to do.

FORD
03-06-2005, 08:57 PM
I think Clinton has more respect for Poppy than his own son does. Junior probably would have said "Fuck you Dad, I'm the pResident. You get the floor!"

Nickdfresh
03-06-2005, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by FORD
I think Clinton has more respect for Poppy than his own son does. Junior probably would have said "Fuck you Dad, I'm the pResident. You get the floor!"

Or, gimme' my coke back daddy!

diamondD
03-06-2005, 10:33 PM
While we're pretending, Bill could have said "That's the best you got? Let me call my brother Roger and he'll hook us up with the good stuff."

LoungeMachine
03-06-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by diamondD
While we're pretending, Bill could have said "That's the best you got? Let me call my brother Roger and he'll hook us up with the good stuff."

And Junyor could call Neil, and he could bring the CASH for the blow:eek:

Jeb's daughter could bring the pills for the post-party crash.

blueturk
03-07-2005, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
And Junyor could call Neil, and he could bring the CASH for the blow:eek:

Jeb's daughter could bring the pills for the post-party crash.

And the twins could bring the booze!

Dr. Love
03-07-2005, 01:20 AM
Wonder who daddy bush had to blow to get the bed the whole night? :confused:

FORD
03-07-2005, 02:14 AM
Jenna needs to move her hands in that pic. Those jeans look like they might have some camel toe potential going on. She does appear to have switched to a lower carb tequila though.

Barbie looks like she's wearing a maternity top though. She's not carrying a little out of wedlock baby Chimp, I hope.

I mean, Christian family values and all that......

DrMaddVibe
03-07-2005, 06:44 AM
Bill learned that trick from years of living with Hillary.

It's a known fact that he's been sleeping on the floor for decades!

Hillary told him it was some new type of aversion therapy...getting back to one's root by sleeping closer to them.

BigBadBrian
03-07-2005, 09:26 AM
This is right and proper of Bill. Democrats know all about grovelling...it's all they know for the past decade or so. ;)

Jesterstar
03-07-2005, 12:18 PM
"When we got organized as a country and we wrote a fairly radical Constitution with a radical Bill of Rights, giving a radical amount of individual freedom to Americans... And so a lot of people say there's too much personal freedom. When personal freedom's being abused, you have to move to limit it. That's what we did in the announcement I made last weekend on the public housing projects, about how we're going to have weapon sweeps and more things like that to try to make people safer in their communities."
President Bill Clinton, 3-22-94, MTV's "Enough is Enough"

academic punk
03-07-2005, 03:33 PM
Considering the guy had a heart attck less than a year ago, this was an amazingly courteous thing for Clinton to do.

That being said, Dr. Madd Vibe's post is pretty funny because of its likely validity.

What a world.

UNCLAX72
03-10-2005, 10:24 AM
a real democrat knows where he belongs----and that is on the floor

Cathedral
03-10-2005, 10:33 AM
All i'm gonna say about Bill Clinton is that he is a much more likable guy since he left office. :)

Is it just me, or does he seem more grounded without all the pressure of Presidential duties?

Nickdfresh
03-10-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by UNCLAX72
a real democrat knows where he belongs----and that is on the floor

Why, are you sexually attracted to male Democrats?:confused: :blow2:

DrMaddVibe
03-10-2005, 02:46 PM
???

Pulling taffy again Nick?

Where do you come up this?