PDA

View Full Version : Afghanistan On Verge of Becoming Narco-State

Nickdfresh
03-07-2005, 11:53 AM
Afghanistan on verge of becoming narcotics state, report says
By GEORGE GEDDA
Associated Press
3/6/2005
WASHINGTON - More than three years after installing a pro-U.S. government, Afghanistan has been unable to contain opium poppy production and is on the verge of becoming a narcotics state, according to a presidential report.

The report said the area in Afghanistan devoted to poppy cultivation last year set a record of more than 510,000 acres, more than triple the figure for 2003. Opium poppy is the raw material for heroin.

The Afghan narcotics situation "represents an enormous threat to world stability," the report said.

It listed Afghanistan's opium production at 5,445 tons, 17 times more than second-place Myanmar.

The worldwide study, covering the state of illicit narcotics in 2004 in virtually all countries, was transmitted to Congress by Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on behalf of President Bush.

Colombia remains a major drug country, the report said, despite impressive progress against narcotics trafficking.

The report credited Colombia's public security forces with preventing hundreds of tons of illicit drugs from reaching the world market through interdiction, spraying of coca and poppy crops, and manual eradication.

The United States has been a counterdrug partner of Colombia, having contributed billions of dollars to the effort since 2000.

Colombia is the source of more than 90 percent of the cocaine and 50 percent of the heroin entering the United States, the report said. It is also a leading user of precursor chemicals and the focus of significant money laundering activity.

In Afghanistan, the U.S. military deposed the Taliban government in November 2001. President Hamid Karzai has been in charge since then with strong American backing.

"Dangerous security conditions make implementing counternarcotics programs difficult and present a substantial obstacle to both poppy eradication efforts by the national government and to international efforts to provide related assistance," the report said.

Also contributing to the situation is the destruction resulting from 25 years of conflict, the lack of legitimate income streams, and the limited enforcement capacity of the national government, the report said.

A five-point plan for Afghanistan developed in the latter half of 2004 includes promotion of alternative crops for poppy farmers, ground eradication and interdiction of heroin labs.

LoungeMachine
03-07-2005, 11:56 AM
Mission Accomplished!!!!

Jesterstar
03-07-2005, 12:07 PM
John Kerry's Family was deep in the Opium game from way back when. The Current administration probably is balls deep in the opium trade also. My Buddy was in Afganistan for like 6 months. He's got tons of pics of him in opium fields and Mariguana feilds. Hash is dirt cheap over there and super strong. They were under orders to do nothing about the Drug Freilds or any Drug Lords they may encounter. I wonder who executed that order???

FORD
03-07-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Jesterstar
John Kerry's Family was deep in the Opium game from way back when. The Current administration probably is balls deep in the opium trade also. My Buddy was in Afganistan for like 6 months. He's got tons of pics of him in opium fields and Mariguana feilds. Hash is dirt cheap over there and super strong. They were under orders to do nothing about the Drug Freilds or any Drug Lords they may encounter. I wonder who executed that order???

Let's put it this way....

George Herbert Walker Bush Sr didn't get the nickname "Poppy" from his kids ;)

The BCE has been funding drug dealing almost as long as they have been funding fascism.

And I remember what the number one circlulated type of weed was when I was in high school 20 years ago.

We called it "Ghanni". Short for its country of origin.

Any coincidence that happenned at the exact time that the CIA was training Osama and the Mujahadeen who became "Al Qaeda"?

Yeah right.

Nickdfresh
03-07-2005, 02:05 PM
Afghanistan is a nation beset by regional warlordism. Our democratically elected allies control little more than Kabul!

FORD
03-07-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Afghanistan is a nation beset by regional warlordism. Our democratically elected allies control little more than Kabul!

Do you think Hamid "UNOCAL" Karzai was actually elected democratically? ;)

Nickdfresh
03-07-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Do you think Hamid "UNOCAL" Karzai was actually elected democratically? ;)

Actually I do. But I think the warlords that actually control the country weren't. Yeah, Karzai is on the take like any of the Afghani intelligensia. But he is utterly powerless without the NATO troops there and we really don't seem to be doing much about the opium, even the Taliban and the Iranians tried to shut it down.

Jesterstar
03-07-2005, 02:42 PM
Actually I do. But I think the warlords that actually control the country weren't. Yeah, Karzai is on the take like any of the Afghani intelligensia. But he is utterly powerless without the NATO troops there and we really don't seem to be doing much about the opium, even the Taliban and the Iranians tried to shut it down.

Are you kidding??? Everyone that is elected in american occupied countries has the fist of america up their ass controlling every move they make. Or if you want to get super conspiracy about it they have "ADVISORS" whom the "ELECTED official trusts guiding policies.

Nickdfresh
03-07-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Jesterstar
Are you kidding??? Everyone that is elected in american occupied countries has the fist of america up their ass controlling every move they make. Or if you want to get super conspiracy about it they have "ADVISORS" whom the "ELECTED official trusts guiding policies.

No I'm not kidding. Let's not lump everything into one giant whore fest. We need to evaluate things on a case-by-case basis.

Afghanistan IS NOT Iraq. The Taliban were not popular with the Afghanis, as evidenced by the quick collapse. Karzi was elected because he was virtually the only known candidate.

But he cannot be effective since we made a deal with the devil in the form of various warlords, many of whom receive funding through the drug trade. Heroin will soon be very cheap.

Jesterstar
03-07-2005, 03:06 PM
No I'm not kidding. Let's not lump everything into one giant whore fest. We need to evaluate things on a case-by-case basis.

Afghanistan IS NOT Iraq. The Taliban were not popular with the Afghanis, as evidenced by the quick collapse. Karzi was elected because he was virtually the only known candidate.

But he cannot be effective since we made a deal with the devil in the form of various warlords, many of whom receive funding through the drug trade. Heroin will soon be very cheap.

Heroine will never be cheap because there is no need for the price to drop.

Afganistan was a set up. The Globalists don't make moves on anything without putting everyone in their pocket. That is why they are so successful. The create the illusion of Randomness and provide alot of possibilities. But in the end nothing happens that they don't want to happen.