PDA

View Full Version : combining Roth's campiness

Steve Savicki
02-19-2004, 09:17 AM
What style do you think Roth should combine his campiness with?
I personally think it would be interesting if he did an AC/DC lick... Roth's campiness with "girl's got rhythm", "givin' the dog a bone", "shake a leg", etc.

I also think if he did a Jimi Hendrix type style, that that would sound interesting as well.

Any other thoughts?

Dickface McSlapnuts
02-20-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki

Any other thoughts?

Yeah.. this is probably the gayest post I have ever read.
Suck my dick Saviki!

One Voice
02-20-2004, 04:09 PM
:killer: :killer: :rockit2: :donkey:

Switch84
02-20-2004, 04:16 PM
:lol: How about Dave just being himself and do his own thing? Forget trying to be Hendrix...there can be only ONE!

Panamark
02-20-2004, 04:24 PM
Dunno about the "Campiness?" (Dickface's response was good.)

As for Roth singing AC/DC. No way, his voice is not suited to that shit at all.

Steve Savicki
03-05-2004, 10:51 PM
I didn't say sing. If I wasn't specific enough, I meant expanding his musical style to include influences of other artists.

Like Yes did with the '83 comeback album with "owner of the lonely heart".

If Roth continues to be himself, he'll just end up in the budget bin like YFLM or make another cover album.

Rubnose
03-05-2004, 11:18 PM
Roth's too campy. A caricature of himself. That is what is so disappointing. He looks like a dirty old man with every picture surrounded by young girls. The guy won't just do what he does best. He hides behind fanfare and PR and marketing. He just won't tear it up anymore.

I wish I could smack this dude in the back of the head. How do you blow being DAVID LEE ROTH while equal icons like Steve Tyler and Ozzy and AC\DC just keep rolling along doing what people love.

There was a day when evreyone loved this guy. He was once the biggest rockstar in the world. Now he plays mediocre half filled venues because he won't swallow his pride and put together an industry blowing act. Just gets his two bits for playing on the street corner like Alfalfa singing "The Barber of Seville" over and over again.

What a dumb way to end a career.

Remember the old "So this is Love" and "Uncahined" videos. That was the real Dave. Bigger then life. But he chose to be the "California Girls" Dave and that my friends is what we have today.

Bummer.

rikredbrain
03-08-2004, 10:39 AM
the california girls dave is the dave i first saw.... and i aint looked back..... he does camp just right.... bring back the boxing ring and surf boards.... or at least a flying zimmer frame eh?

wink..

Mr Grimsdale
03-08-2004, 11:03 AM
dave and dale winton
what a combination

Junyore Grades
03-08-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
I didn't say sing. If I wasn't specific enough, I meant expanding his musical style to include influences of other artists.

So you want him to pass out in his car and choke on his own vommit? That's pretty morbid Saviki.

nagshasty
03-08-2004, 04:27 PM
Rubnose makes a valid point.

Junyore - I think you're entirely missinterpreting Savicki's original post.

Anyway, geordie Brian (2 out of the 3 songs mentioned) is still alive and kicking, last I heard.

Really poor singer though - so maybe more in common with Dave than we thought then...

that ought to get me banned.

Still, when did a good singing voice ever actually matter, when greatness (or largely unrecognised genius) beckons.

Just ask Johnny (Rotten) Lydon.

rikredbrain
03-08-2004, 05:58 PM
i actually like his new album.... id tuned roth out after 'your filthy little mouth' and it was only the fact that i saw 'diamond dave' and bought it and loved it that i got my old cds back out and rememberd how good this guy was/is.... shoo bop, thug pop, soul kitchen.... etc i really enjoyed.... act one i could live without tho..

Albert Einstein
03-08-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Junyore Grades
So you want him to pass out in his car and choke on his own vommit? That's pretty morbid Saviki.

:rofl:

nagshasty
03-27-2004, 06:05 PM
Nice to see your post, Rikredbrain.

I empathise with your comment "id tuned roth out after 'your filthy little mouth'"

So did I (see the thread "Your Filthy Little Mouth...about retirement?")

Yet to see/get this Diamond Dave thing.

Hope it's .. better.

I must I get round to it, and get "revitalised" like you obviously did.

thefive
03-27-2004, 06:15 PM
Sammy just Sucks!!!!

thefive