PDA

View Full Version : Race For the White House 2008

Nickdfresh
03-08-2005, 11:53 PM
If the 2008 Democratic presidential primary were held today, whom would you support if the candidates are [see below]?" N=427 Democrats and Democratic leaners who are registered to vote; MoE ± 5

Hillary R. Clinton 39%

John Kerry 21%

John Edwards 15%

Joe Biden 5%

Wesley Clark 4%

Russ Feingold 2%

Bill Richardson 2%

Evan Bayh 1%

Mark Warner 1%

Tom Vilsack (Who?)

Unsure 10%

Rudy Giuliani 25%

John McCain 21%

Condoleezza Rice 14%

Jeb Bush 7%

Newt Gingrich 5%

Bill Frist 3%

Bill Owens 2%

Mitt Romney 1%

Rick Santorum 1%

George Pataki 1% (Muhu-hawhawhawhaw...)

Chuck Hagel (Why bother?)

George Allen (Why bother?)

Unsure 20%

www.pollingreport.com/2008.htm

Flame away partisans!

ELVIS
03-09-2005, 12:00 AM
Rice

Cathedral
03-09-2005, 12:04 AM
Where's the Green Party? lol.
I'm going on strike in '08 and going Green...anyone but Nader though.
That dude killed the Corvair and my Dad had problems selling his off when i was a yout, hee hee.

I vaguely remember him adding side rails and turning it into a makeshift pick-up truck, lol.
Then it burned to the ground one night, what a fire that was.

Covering the vents in the deck lid with wood was not a smart move, lol.

There's a redneck joke in there somewhere. :)

FORD
03-09-2005, 12:05 AM
That poll is complete bullshit. Way too many DLC traitors on it for one thing. Feingold is probably the truest Democrat of the bunch, but he's also a Senator and the odds are too high against it to risk this one. This country will be in such a fucked up shape after 8 years of these warmongering fascists that it will be a huge job for anyone to fix.

Clark & Edwards are the only ones on that list I would even consider voting for, and they both have the same negative - lack of executive branch experience.

FORD
03-09-2005, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Chuck Hagel (Why bother?)

Because he owns ESS voting machines, and could at least win in the states where he can program his own tabulators ;)

ELVIS
03-09-2005, 12:08 AM
You would consider voting for Edwards ???

Nickdfresh
03-09-2005, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS

You would consider voting for Rice?:confused:

FORD
03-09-2005, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS

I was actually supporting Edwards for a while in the early stages of the last campaign, before Dean jumped in.

He's a little conservative on some things for my tastes, but at least it seems like he's more geniune than Judas or Hillary.

Cathedral
03-09-2005, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by FORD
That poll is complete bullshit. Way too many DLC traitors on it for one thing. Feingold is probably the truest Democrat of the bunch, but he's also a Senator and the odds are too high against it to risk this one. This country will be in such a fucked up shape after 8 years of these warmongering fascists that it will be a huge job for anyone to fix.

Clark & Edwards are the only ones on that list I would even consider voting for, and they both have the same negative - lack of executive branch experience.

That is just it though, Ford.
people don't get elected if there isn't something to fix which is why both party's never really seem to fix anything.
It's a vicious cycle and mentality that things are left broken in order to have a platform to garner votes.

Am i right or what?
It is how the Christian vote was stolen by Bush in 2000 and 2004.
He knew in '98 that he was going to stand for christian issues with no real intentions of addressing them with action.

He played the "Tennessee Fiddle", and played it well.

FORD
03-09-2005, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
That is just it though, Ford.
people don't get elected if there isn't something to fix which is why both party's never really seem to fix anything.
It's a vicious cycle and mentality that things are left broken in order to have a platform to garner votes.

Am i right or what?
It is how the Christian vote was stolen by Bush in 2000 and 2004.
He knew in '98 that he was going to stand for christian issues with no real intentions of addressing them with action.

He played the "Tennessee Fiddle", and played it well.

No offense, but after Reagan & Poppy pretending the same thing, I would think you guys would have figured out that game by now. Jimmy Carter was the only Christian president any of us are likely to see in our lifetimes, and look what the right wing Pharisees did to him.

Any President who actually tried to govern based on Christ's teachings in the future would be similarly attacked by those who have spent the last 50 years constantly profiting from war.

Cathedral
03-09-2005, 01:18 AM
I was a young dumb kid when Reagan and Bush Sr. were running the show, I didn't know any better so learning that lesson just didn't happen.
I was a drunkin pot head and all i knew about politics was when election day was and where to vote.

I thought i was much smarter than that at this stage of my life, but i was mistaken.

I'm soooooo pissed at myself that i see Green now, lol.
My votes in the future may seem like a waste, but it will be better than not voting at all.

C'MON FOLKS, LET'S MAKE '08 A GREEN YEAR!

DrMaddVibe
03-09-2005, 06:58 AM
" The only ones speculating on candidates for 2008 are Rove and the mediawhores who do his bidding. And they're all pushing for their favorite pawn Hillary."

Warham
03-09-2005, 10:52 AM
FORD, Jimmy Carter did himself in. There was no Republican attacks that weren't deserved on him.

Just like Reagan said in the debate: "There you go again."

Cathedral
03-09-2005, 10:58 AM
For the record, Carter was a lousy President.
His heart may have been in the right place, but he just wasn't effective enough as Commander and Chief.

steve
03-09-2005, 11:07 AM
It will end up being Mark Warner vs. Bill Frist.

Dems are desperate to break into the south - and southern, fiscally conservative moderate Gov. Warner is their ticket. He will rise to the top eventually, because Democrats will decide "the others can't win". I'm not saying I adhere to that reasoning, but that's what will happen.

Republicans are KIDDING themselves if they thing a moderate like Giulianni or McCain can win. The religious conservative won the last election and they DOMINATE the early processes. Frist is a LOCK unless it comes out that he is gay or something.

My prediction...right now... Frist will win.

Ironically, Repubs will turn on Gov. WArner for his "big business" connections (he helped start up Nextel) and slam him as a carpet-bagger (originally form Connecticut) and not really southern (from Northern VA - which is pretty much EXACTLY THE SAME as Connecticutt/ and or the suburbs of Philly or Boston.

jojo2371
04-04-2005, 01:32 AM
who thinks clinton vs. rice has a shot of happening???

FORD
04-04-2005, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by jojo2371

Satan will be shoveling snow off his driveway before the Republican party nominates a Black woman as President.

Nickdfresh
04-04-2005, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by jojo2371

I thought Rice said she wasn't running, well, it wouldn't be the first time she's lied.

Dr. Love
04-04-2005, 04:15 AM
If it's Hillary vs Condi, both parties can kiss my ass!

Mr Grimsdale
04-04-2005, 05:44 AM
VOTE GRIMSDALE 2008!

BigBadBrian
04-04-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by steve
It will end up being Mark Warner vs. Bill Frist.

Dems are desperate to break into the south - and southern, fiscally conservative moderate Gov. Warner is their ticket. He will rise to the top eventually, because Democrats will decide "the others can't win". I'm not saying I adhere to that reasoning, but that's what will happen.

Republicans are KIDDING themselves if they thing a moderate like Giulianni or McCain can win. The religious conservative won the last election and they DOMINATE the early processes. Frist is a LOCK unless it comes out that he is gay or something.

My prediction...right now... Frist will win.

Ironically, Repubs will turn on Gov. WArner for his "big business" connections (he helped start up Nextel) and slam him as a carpet-bagger (originally form Connecticut) and not really southern (from Northern VA - which is pretty much EXACTLY THE SAME as Connecticutt/ and or the suburbs of Philly or Boston.

Mark Warner made his money through insider trading. He will have to weather that storm. :gulp:

Jesterstar
04-04-2005, 12:05 PM
I was actually supporting Edwards for a while in the early stages of the last campaign, before Dean jumped in.

He's a little conservative on some things for my tastes, but at least it seems like he's more geniune than Judas or Hillary.

All the Shit you know and you'd SUPPORT EDWARDS???

One word...................Bilderbergs............Yea Edwards is a Golden Boy of theirs.........And Boheimian Grove.

He ain't genuine at all. He's working for the same people Bush and Kerry do.

Nickdfresh
04-04-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Jesterstar
All the Shit you know and you'd SUPPORT EDWARDS???

One word...................Bilderbergs............Yea Edwards is a Golden Boy of theirs.........And Boheimian Grove.

He ain't genuine at all. He's working for the same people Bush and Kerry do.

Say what you want about Edwards, and he's not my first choice, he's a self-made millionare (trial lawyer:D ). But I have some respect for that, actually. He at least sounded somewhat ideologically driven when he spoke of taking on shitty HMO's, drug companies, and quacks.

Jesterstar
04-04-2005, 12:42 PM
Say what you want about Edwards, and he's not my first choice, he's a self-made milliare (trial lawyer:D ). But I have some respect for that, actually. He at least sounded somewhat ideologically driven when he spoke of taking on shitty HMO's, drug companies, and quacks.

But he is bought and Paid for..............Does that throw up any warning signs???

steve
04-04-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Mark Warner made his money through insider trading. He will have to weather that storm. :gulp:

I know what you're referring to, but it was not insider trading.
What he's been accused of is...in the mid nineties when he helped bankroll NEXTEL as it started out, he has been criticised for taking too high a percentage off of franchisers of NEXTEL.

There was an old article in The Washington Post about it way back when...like in the mid nineties. Nothing ever came of it, though.

The article basically gave two sides...one side was from franchisers that claimed he took too high a %, the other state that he just was ahead of the curve on the deal.

Seems like typical he-said, she-said "I wish I had been in onthe deal as early as he was" bullshit stuff if you ask me.

(I just did a search, the article was from Sept. 9, 1996 in the Wash Post...I'm not gonna pay to read it though :)...feel free.

FORD
04-04-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by steve

(I just did a search, the article was from Sept. 9, 1996 in the Wash Post...I'm not gonna pay to read it though :)...feel free.

So don't pay - or register - to read it then. You don't have to.

http://www.bugmenot.com/

Roy Munson
04-04-2005, 01:35 PM
No way Frist wins. I just don't see that happening. I love Rice and think she would be great, but I think FORD is right in that the Rep's would go for it. Guilianni might be the popular bet, but I don't like him either.

Tough call for the Rep party. I really don't see a clear-cut winner.

I don't care for any of the Dem candidates. I know, big surprise! However, I would consider Harold Ford, Jr. Although, he is probably too young at this time. Barack Obama also strikes me as a guy who could sway votes.

vanzilla
04-04-2005, 02:16 PM
Frist isn't charismatic enough to pull off a victory for the Republicans. I live in Tennessee and have met this guy on several occasions. He is the most plastic, disingenuine person I've ever met who will down right lie to support his cause.

I produce sports - a few years back while he was running a marathon, his PR person pulled me aside, and asked if I wanted to interview him after he crossed the finish line. I took her up on the offer, but made a point to say I wouldn't throw him all softball questions about running. She said it wasn't a problem.

Frist comes over - I ask him 2 questions about the marathon, then shift over to the WMD's not being found - and he pulls the plug on the interview. "That's not an appropriate question right now" he says. I told him his staff knew I was going to ask other questions...he said, "Well they didn't let me know. So this interview is over." That's the kind of pussy this guy is. As long as he's kissing babies and you're getting it on TV - he's your best friend. Ask a legit question about any issues, it's time to shut off the cameras.

I know a news photographer who followed him when he went to the areas ripped apart by the tsunami. He's showed me the raw footage of him totally taking advantage of this photo op, instead of really helping out. On one occasion when being taped - he told my friend to "make sure you get a lot of devastation in the background." He's also on tape snickering about tieing up one of the much needed govt. helicopters that were intended to help with aid, instead of being used as his personal taxi.

Of course, you'll never see that footage on the 6:00 news.

vanzilla
04-04-2005, 02:18 PM
And to say Hillary would be a serious candidate for the Dems?

I know they're not the most organized party out there, but I would hope they would choose someone who doesn't alienate 50% of the vote before any of the issues are debated.

FORD
04-04-2005, 02:46 PM
Frist has two major flaws that will put off even any reasonably sane Republican.

First, he has admitted to adopting cats from animal shelters as a med student and slicing them up in the interest of "science". Animal cruelty isn't a strong selling point.

For a man who's allegedly a skilled heart surgeon, and owns (with his family) the largest corporate hospital chain in America (Humana/HCA) Frist is unbelievably ignorant on some medical matters. He has publically stated in the past that the HIV virus could be transmitted by sweat or tears. That might play well with Fred Phelps over at godhatesfags.com but it's not going to buy him any votes in the real world.

FORD
04-04-2005, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by vanzilla
And to say Hillary would be a serious candidate for the Dems?

I know they're not the most organized party out there, but I would hope they would choose someone who doesn't alienate 50% of the vote before any of the issues are debated.

Hillary is being pushed by the right wing mediawhores. They would love to see it happen, because the rabid right doesn't hate anybody like they hate the Clintons.

The true irony here is that Hillary has become one of them, and is no longer a liberal by any stretch of the imagination. If she ever was, that is. Her first political experience was with the Goldwater campaign, after all....

academic punk
04-04-2005, 02:51 PM
He has publically stated in the past that the HIV virus could be transmitted by sweat or tears. That might play well with Fred Phelps over at godhatesfags.com but it's not going to buy him any votes in the real world.

Yes it will.

Not mine, but he knows EXACTLY who he's courting by making claims that he blatantly knows are false.

vanzilla
04-04-2005, 03:15 PM
Frist has two major flaws that will put off even any reasonably sane Republican.

First, he has admitted to adopting cats from animal shelters as a med student and slicing them up in the interest of "science". Animal cruelty isn't a strong selling point.

For a man who's allegedly a skilled heart surgeon, and owns (with his family) the largest corporate hospital chain in America (Humana/HCA) Frist is unbelievably ignorant on some medical matters. He has publically stated in the past that the HIV virus could be transmitted by sweat or tears. That might play well with Fred Phelps over at godhatesfags.com but it's not going to buy him any votes in the real world.

Your absolutely right Ford, I didn't even mention those points. I'm glad you picked up on them.

Although I don't advocate animal cruelty (does anyone?) - the cat thing doesn't bother me as much as I think it would other people. The guy's a doctor, he disected some cats - it happens more than we think probably. I'm not justifying it - simply stating it's not a deal breaker for me. I've never been on board with PETA, and I own 2 cats.

The HIV thing however is absolutely insane! Obviously you saw his interview with Stephanopolus last month. Unbelievable. A classic example of how he's willing to bullshit to further his party's agenda.

Jesterstar
04-04-2005, 03:28 PM
Frist isn't charismatic enough to pull off a victory for the Republicans. I live in Tennessee and have met this guy on several occasions. He is the most plastic, disingenuine person I've ever met who will down right lie to support his cause.

I produce sports - a few years back while he was running a marathon, his PR person pulled me aside, and asked if I wanted to interview him after he crossed the finish line. I took her up on the offer, but made a point to say I wouldn't throw him all softball questions about running. She said it wasn't a problem.

Frist comes over - I ask him 2 questions about the marathon, then shift over to the WMD's not being found - and he pulls the plug on the interview. "That's not an appropriate question right now" he says. I told him his staff knew I was going to ask other questions...he said, "Well they didn't let me know. So this interview is over." That's the kind of pussy this guy is. As long as he's kissing babies and you're getting it on TV - he's your best friend. Ask a legit question about any issues, it's time to shut off the cameras.

I know a news photographer who followed him when he went to the areas ripped apart by the tsunami. He's showed me the raw footage of him totally taking advantage of this photo op, instead of really helping out. On one occasion when being taped - he told my friend to "make sure you get a lot of devastation in the background." He's also on tape snickering about tieing up one of the much needed govt. helicopters that were intended to help with aid, instead of being used as his personal taxi.

Of course, you'll never see that footage on the 6:00 news.

And There is Debate over weather the media is bought and paid for. If I saw a dude snickering about tying up a helicopter on the news. You bet I would make sure that he stepped down from public service.

vanzilla
04-04-2005, 03:57 PM
RE: JESTER'S POST ON THE MEDIA...

It's been reported, just not in the mainstream. Stand by - I'll try to find the links.

The thing with the media is this: We're fucking lazy. You think we have the time or resources to look up all the facts. Fuck no. We're are no longer ran like a public service, but instead a company.

There are some of us who do a great job, others - not so much. It's very much like any other trade. Sure there's a standard - but how many of us actually strive to meet it?

The media isn't like the medical or legal profession where you have to have a degree and continue your education to keep practicing. Shit Peter Jennings didn't graduate from college. Neither did I for that matter. - There lies the problem - today's media is willing to sacrifice quality in order to save money. It's not unusual for stations to hire kids right out of college, pay them 25 or 30 grand if their lucky and put them on air with no experience. This used to happen only in small markets. Now it's happening in Top 20 markets. I know, my friend just got a job in Philly. He's 23.

I got into sports because I was tired of chasing down ambulances and fire trucks. There's only so many murders and burglaries you can report. Unfortunately, reporting on crime is easy so that's why you see so much of it - even though the crime rate in It's like doing a cannonball off the high dive - takes no skill, but it's fun and makes a big splash!

vanzilla
04-04-2005, 04:03 PM

I got into sports because I was tired of chasing down ambulances and fire trucks. There's only so many murders and burglaries you can report. Unfortunately, reporting on crime is easy so that's why you see so much of it - even though the crime rate in It's like doing a cannonball off the high dive - takes no skill, but it's fun and makes a big splash!

Meant to type crime rate is down 20% in the last 15 years nationwide...sorry for the typo.

Nickdfresh
04-04-2005, 04:09 PM

It's been reported, just not in the mainstream. Stand by - I'll try to find the links.

The thing with the media is this: We're fucking lazy. You think we have the time or resources to look up all the facts. Fuck no. We're are no longer ran like a public service, but instead a company.

There are some of us who do a great job, others - not so much. It's very much like any other trade. Sure there's a standard - but how many of us actually strive to meet it?

The media isn't like the medical or legal profession where you have to have a degree and continue your education to keep practicing. Shit Peter Jennings didn't graduate from college. Neither did I for that matter. - There lies the problem - today's media is willing to sacrifice quality in order to save money. It's not unusual for stations to hire kids right out of college, pay them 25 or 30 grand if their lucky and put them on air with no experience. This used to happen only in small markets. Now it's happening in Top 20 markets. I know, my friend just got a job in Philly. He's 23.

As one of my communications professors once said, it's a simple formula of local reporting, the three "C's": "Cash, Crime, and Children." You can add "cute," fuzzy animals to that as well. --Look for that formula in your locall reporting and you can clearly see the pattern!

May I return your avatar complement as well! Jon Stewert is classic!

Jesterstar
04-04-2005, 04:44 PM

I agree but why did the media become lazy??? Because THEY needed the media to be. If they really checked into the real FACTS. It would separate our socioty and world beyond repair.

GAR
04-04-2005, 05:00 PM
Are you saying god doesn't hate fags?

I'm voting for Jeb Bush in 2008, with Schwarze****** as his prom-date.

FORD
04-04-2005, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by GAR
Are you saying god doesn't hate fags?

God doesn't hate anybody except the BCE.

I'm voting for Jeb Bush in 2008, with Schwarze****** as his prom-date.

Jeb won't run and Ahnold can't.

bueno bob
04-04-2005, 05:14 PM
It's still very much wait and see at this point, I think...Rudy might make a strong run for it, but it's still so early anybody has time to throw their hat into the ring yet...there's still time for top contenders to come into the field.

Jesterstar
04-04-2005, 05:14 PM
Jeb won't run and Ahnold can't.

Jeb might take a stab at it. But Arnold will run. Mark my words. That law is going to change in the next few years.

DrMaddVibe
04-04-2005, 05:22 PM
Jeb might take a stab at it. But Arnold will run. Mark my words. That law is going to change in the next few years.

Oh the law will change, but it won't change THAT one! Not after 9-11!

Arnold should go back to making movies.

Jesterstar
04-04-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe

George Bush SR has been quoted as saying that he supports arnold being president. I think that's all the endorsement you need.

bueno bob
04-04-2005, 05:34 PM

You seen his last couple movies?

Might wanna re-think that...

bueno bob
04-04-2005, 05:35 PM
George Bush SR has been quoted as saying that he supports arnold being president. I think that's all the endorsement you need.

I thought I heard after he became Gov that somebody introduced a bill trying to get the law changed and it failed miserably...

If Arnold becomes President in 2008, Canada looks mighty warm and welcoming...

Warham
04-04-2005, 05:58 PM
It'll never happen.

Have to be naturally born, and I don't see that changing any time soon.

bueno bob
04-04-2005, 05:59 PM
Nor I, thankfully, because I really don't wanna move to Canada :)

Nothing against Canadians...EVERYTHING about the cost of living...

But at least they have regulated health care.

DrMaddVibe
04-04-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
You seen his last couple movies?

Might wanna re-think that...

Sorry to step on your aisle seat but his movies far outweigh anything he'll ever do as governor of California. I didn't say they were good. He should just step down and return to tinseltown, maybe he could play a over the hill bloated Jedi named Luke Skywalker.

bueno bob
04-04-2005, 06:46 PM
Sorry to step on your aisle seat but his movies far outweigh anything he'll ever do as governor of California. I didn't say they were good. He should just step down and return to tinseltown, maybe he could play a over the hill bloated Jedi named Luke Skywalker.

HA! I'd pay to see that! :)

Mishar_McLeud
04-05-2005, 02:20 PM
I don't know why people are sceptical about Arnold running for president (if non-native thing is relealed). I've never heard anything bad said about him as a Governor right now, and many Californians I talk to refer to him as of a very charismatic guy to whos opinion people listen, despite the lack of experience in politics. That lack could be filled, but the leader always stays the leader, and he appears to be the one.

Jesterstar
04-05-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Mishar_McLeud
I don't know why people are sceptical about Arnold running for president (if non-native thing is relealed). I've never heard anything bad said about him as a Governor right now, and many Californians I talk to refer to him as of a very charismatic guy to whos opinion people listen, despite the lack of experience in politics. That lack could be filled, but the leader always stays the leader, and he appears to be the one.

Learn more about arnold.

Aroldexsposed.com

Jesterstar
04-05-2005, 03:02 PM
Think I spelled it wrong. Imagine that.

http://www.arnoldexposed.com/

Mishar_McLeud
04-05-2005, 03:27 PM
...Arnold Exposed.com will serve as a meticulously documented encyclopedia of Arnold's sinister, grotestque and even barbaric activites, from his nazi links to illegal drug use and sexual harrassment....

Well I think it explains it all - just a buncha jealous rednecks. If I'd seen an anti-site regarding his current actions regarding the state of California, I'd study the contents.

Jesterstar
04-05-2005, 03:40 PM
Well I think it explains it all - just a buncha jealous rednecks. If I'd seen an anti-site regarding his current actions regarding the state of California, I'd study the contents.

Actually sounds like you need to do some research. He's Pulling a Reagan.

Do some research on the NAzi ties and Wake the fuck up.

Roy Munson
04-05-2005, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob

But at least they have regulated health care.

Yeah, and it sucks shit. Do you know where Canadians go when they need "good" health care? The ones that can afford it come to the USA. My buddy is from Winnipeg and you wouldn't believe the shit he tells me about their clinics and ER's. Got a semi-urgent emergency? Get ready to wait for awhile. Same with any other type of non-emergency surgery. His brother-in-law is a doctor in Ontario and he has his family go to Mayo in Rochester, MN.

Roy Munson
04-05-2005, 04:01 PM
Hillary is being pushed by the right wing mediawhores. They would love to see it happen, because the rabid right doesn't hate anybody like they hate the Clintons.

The true irony here is that Hillary has become one of them, and is no longer a liberal by any stretch of the imagination. If she ever was, that is. Her first political experience was with the Goldwater campaign, after all....

FORD, you are so right about this it's not even funny. I wouldn't go so far as to say that she has "become one of them", but she sure is leaning right these days on a lot of issues. I think she is setting herself up in a centrist position and the conservatives are loving every minute of it. For now. I am more afraid of her than Edwards, Kerry, or anyone else mentioned on the Dem side.

Mishar_McLeud
04-06-2005, 11:26 AM
Actually sounds like you need to do some research. He's Pulling a Reagan.

Do some research on the NAzi ties and Wake the fuck up.
Except for his father bein' in SA (notice - SA, not SS), all other connections sound like a far-fetched BS. "He said he admired Hitler" - yeah, on the footage noone has ever seen.

aesop
04-06-2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Roy Munson
but she sure is leaning right these days on a lot of issues.

She must be listening to Howard Dean and taking his advice...She does want to have at least a snowball's chance in hell to get elected...

Jesterstar
04-06-2005, 11:40 AM
Except for his father bein' in SA (notice - SA, not SS), all other connections sound like a far-fetched BS. "He said he admired Hitler" - yeah, on the footage noone has ever seen.

The Nazi stuff is DOCUMENTED...............Wake up. SS and SA its the differance of a letter.

Your blind and the very reason america is falling apart. Your not educated and you don't have a capability to really know what is up.

FORD
04-06-2005, 11:49 AM

Footage isn't needed, as Herr Gropenator has admitted to saying it. Of course he's claiming he was admiring Hitler's charisma and his early abilities to get things done in Germany and NOT his later fascist dictator persona.

Nice distinction, but it's an artificial one. Mein Kampf was written before Hitler came to power. His agenda was spelled out even then. Prescott Bush and his partners knew what Hitler was all about when they bankrolled him. No doubt Ahnold's father knew what Hitler was all about when he took his job with the SA or the SS or whatever it was (Nazis are Nazis so it doesn't make much of a difference)

I know a German lady who was a child during Hitler's rise to power who to this day believes that Adolf was a "good man" when he started out and that he became "mad with power" later on. Since she was probably too young herself at the time to figure that out, no doubt her parents reinforced that idea. As Ahnold's parents probably reinforced his "admiration" of Hitler.

Of course it's not all that surprising, when you look at the grandson of Hitler's banker, following a plan eerily similar to Hitler's in method and implementation, and still has 25% of this country fooled :(

Mishar_McLeud
04-06-2005, 12:09 PM
Footage isn't needed, as Herr Gropenator has admitted to saying it. Of course he's claiming he was admiring Hitler's charisma and his early abilities to get things done in Germany and NOT his later fascist dictator persona.

Nice distinction, but it's an artificial one. Mein Kampf was written before Hitler came to power. His agenda was spelled out even then. Prescott Bush and his partners knew what Hitler was all about when they bankrolled him. No doubt Ahnold's father knew what Hitler was all about when he took his job with the SA or the SS or whatever it was (Nazis are Nazis so it doesn't make much of a difference)

I know a German lady who was a child during Hitler's rise to power who to this day believes that Adolf was a "good man" when he started out and that he became "mad with power" later on. Since she was probably too young herself at the time to figure that out, no doubt her parents reinforced that idea. As Ahnold's parents probably reinforced his "admiration" of Hitler.

Of course it's not all that surprising, when you look at the grandson of Hitler's banker, following a plan eerily similar to Hitler's in method and implementation, and still has 25% of this country fooled :(

I agree with this, Arnold haters exaggerate his statement like he is indeed a saboteur Nazi who's point is to devastate Cali's economy or something.

And what you've said about a German lady reminds me a lot of a older people in post-Soviet camp, who still think Stalin was a great and a heartful person, and everything told about his crimes against their own nation is a BS invented by democrats. Even tons of revealed documents from Kremlin archives haven't convinced them!

steve
04-06-2005, 12:40 PM
Hitler was always "mad with power"....his thirst for power was not his downfall.
A lot of people are unaware of his Parkinson's Disease and all of the drugs (including Crystal Meth) he was on towards the end of the war.

Unfortunately, it was not his immoral nature that brought him down according to a lot of people (he had fucked up ideas all along, just read Mein Kamf...but he had great charisma and a fantastic talent for how to manipulate and use propoganda), but rather his erratic STRATEGIC behavior in his Crystal Meth induced /Parkinson's-driven lunacy after about 1941/42.

Nitro Express
04-06-2005, 02:49 PM
John Edwards is one reason Kerry didn't do better. Edwards is a cheesey ambulance chasing lawyer. In these days of astrinomical healthcare costs, lawyers like Edwards aren't real popular. Shit Ford, I can't believe you supported a guy like that.

Hillary is sounding more and more Republican these days.

The problem with politics these days is you don't want to vote for anyone on the ballot. They all suck.

Nickdfresh
04-06-2005, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
John Edwards is one reason Kerry didn't do better. Edwards is a cheesey ambulance chasing lawyer. In these days of astrinomical healthcare costs, lawyers like Edwards aren't real popular. Shit Ford, I can't believe you supported a guy like that.

Hillary is sounding more and more Republican these days.

The problem with politics these days is you don't want to vote for anyone on the ballot. They all suck.

Another sucker for the smear campaign. Meanwhile Bush is slashing Medicaid funding, and no one seems to notice that.

Nor the fact that Edwards fought for people that were royally screwed over, not only by doctors but, by their HMO's as well that did all they could to prevent payment for damages.

In the absence of justice there are only lawsuits. Let's see what you do if a doctor negligently causes the death of a family member.

aesop
04-06-2005, 06:45 PM
Let's see what you do if a doctor negligently causes the death of a family member.

I once had a date cause the extreme discomfort of my main member...does that count?

Nickdfresh
04-06-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by aesop
I once had a date cause the extreme discomfort of my main member...does that count?

Braces? Or was she a biter?

aesop
04-06-2005, 06:55 PM
Braces? Or was she a biter?

The latter!!! Ohhhhh I cringe just thinking about her! I think zipping skipper in my jeans would've been a less traumatic experience...

Nickdfresh
04-06-2005, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by aesop
The latter!!! Ohhhhh I cringe just thinking about her! I think zipping skipper in my jeans would've been a less traumatic experience...

Sometimes you have to remind 'em it's just not a chew toy!

steve
04-07-2005, 10:42 AM
Now this is a thread!
I had my own "biter" experience...trauma.

FORD
04-07-2005, 11:05 AM
http://www.nwaworld.com/lyrics/100miles/justdont.shtml

DrMaddVibe
04-08-2005, 06:40 AM
Crack me up.

Didn't you say that it was too early for this?

Now you're knee deep!

Warham
04-08-2005, 07:26 AM
http://www.nwaworld.com/lyrics/100miles/justdont.shtml

Reading the lyrics doesn't do the song justice, speaking specifically of MC Ren's stellar reading.

FORD
04-08-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Warham
Reading the lyrics doesn't do the song justice, speaking specifically of MC Ren's stellar reading.

Not only that, but about half of those lyrics are wrong.

I guess NWA doesn't spend a lot of time on their own web site. I would reproduce it here with the accurate lyrics, but I'm trying to keep the Front Line a "work-friendly" forum.

Angel
04-22-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Roy Munson
Yeah, and it sucks shit. Do you know where Canadians go when they need "good" health care? The ones that can afford it come to the USA. My buddy is from Winnipeg and you wouldn't believe the shit he tells me about their clinics and ER's. Got a semi-urgent emergency? Get ready to wait for awhile. Same with any other type of non-emergency surgery. His brother-in-law is a doctor in Ontario and he has his family go to Mayo in Rochester, MN.

EXCUSE ME? We have problems, yes... mainly from too many years of people abusing the system. However, my pacemaker was implanted here, my pacer is maintained here. Saw my Dr. last week and it took her two days to get me into see a specialist, the tests will be completed by Tuesday next week, and any surgery required will be triaged.

Yes, you may have to wait for some elective surgeries... as far as I'm concerned, no big fucking deal, I'd prefer that someone that needs it more than I do should get it first, I know I probably "bumped" some people from their booked surgeries when I had emergency surgery... what goes around comes around. If I wasn't in Canada, I wouldn't be alive, plain and simple.

You also go into emergency and see people in there that shouldn't be... abuse of the system has hurt us all, but we are working to correct many of the problems. (and by me, I am including myself, I'm in medical admin).