PDA

View Full Version : BON SCOTT Classic Rock Feb 2005

Matt White
03-09-2005, 01:33 AM
Just got the feb 2005 issue of CLASSIC ROCK Magazine.
Cover story on the death of BON SCOTT.
Very cool look back at his life a career. For anybody who doesn't know much about AC/DC's ORIGINAL singer, this is a good article to start with.
Some speculation aout his death. The "friend" who left him to sleep off his drunk in the car has since "disapeered" and hasn't been heard from in years.
Bon's friends wonder WHY anybody would leave someone in a car in Feb in London to sleep off a drunk!!!!

BON SCOTT LIVES!!!

Panamark
03-09-2005, 02:49 AM
BON conspiracy ???

I guess it depends on the friend, if he was drunk too, he may not have
had the sense to know better.

What are they suggesting, that this dude let him die ??

Matt White
03-09-2005, 10:05 AM
Well Mark, it gets kinda strange. Rumors of heroin abuse with UFO, Dealer friends, and general confusion as to WHEN Bon died fuel a strange tale of Bon's last few hours.
Seems like a lot of speculation. The local police wouldn't release any official reports(cause of death, toxicology report,etc) to the author due to "sensitivity" and the families request for privacy.
It is an interesting read.

Atomic_Rob
03-09-2005, 07:59 PM
Any chance of reading this article on-line or typing it up for us Matt?

After reading what you said, is there a famous dead rockstar that doesn't have a conspiracy theory written about his / her death?

Terry
03-09-2005, 10:03 PM
The whole UFO aspect was specious, at best. The article states that members of the band were smacked out, then goes on to use their quotes to establish discrepancies in the timeline between when Bon's death was reported to the police vs. when word of his death was being spread over the telephone.

Waffles over if Scott even USED heroin, implying it at times then stating there's no definitve proof that he did.

Article would have been better if they had located the witness who vanished (or at least revealed his name, as they coyly alluded to knowing who it was at one point - this "i've got a secret" bullshit without the payoff). Totally dig Classic Rock, but that particular story could have used some more research. Ended up being a bunch of supposition that left us no closer to knowing what happened than before we read it.

Matt White
03-09-2005, 10:21 PM
I agree Terry. They needed to drop the "I've got a secret" bullshit and laid it on the line.
As for Bon & Drugs, I've read where Angus remembers Bon never refusing ANYTHING! The guy had liver damage at 33! He was a crazy Mofo!!!