PDA

View Full Version : Ozzy Fears he wont be able to perform again

Panamark
02-19-2004, 03:00 PM
From CNN.com.

Ozzy Osbourne fears he may never perform again
Thursday, February 19, 2004 Posted: 12:59 PM EST (1759 GMT)

NEW YORK (Reuters) -- Heavy metal rocker Ozzy Osbourne said on Thursday he fears he may not be able to perform again after an accident on an all-terrain vehicle late last year that left him in a coma for eight days.

"In my left shoulder I have a piece of metal approximately that long, that deep and screws in," Osbourne said in an interview with ABC's Primetime television show, to be broadcast on Thursday evening. "And I'm really frightened that I won't be able to perform again 'cause that's the love of my life."

The 55-year-old rocker first shot to fame in the 1970s with Black Sabbath and remained in the public eye after he launched a solo career. At a concert in Des Moines, Iowa, he bit the head off a bat, which he has since said he thought was a toy.

In recent years his popularity has reached new heights with the success of the hit MTV reality series, "The Osbournes," in which he stars with wife, Sharon, and two of his three children.

Osbourne crashed his four-wheel all-terrain vehicle, or quad bike, on December 8 at his estate in Buckinghamshire in southern England. The bike flipped over and landed on him, leaving him with fractures in eight ribs and a vertebra.

Panamark
02-19-2004, 03:03 PM
I know weve been specualting about this in various threads. I hope he recovers, but it will be a long time. Ive got all that same shit in my arm at the moment and it doesnt seem to heal very quickly. (And Im in my 30's). I can only imagine how difficult it must be having that crap in your neck and shoulders at Ozzy's age. They tell me your bones stop healing as well, the older you get.

DLR7884
02-21-2004, 01:02 PM
He better perform again. I missed seeing him with Sabbath at Ozzfest 3 years ago.

DLR7884
Ozzy, get better and don't go out solo, use Sabbath for one last time!

Viking
02-22-2004, 12:19 AM
Bah - bullshit. They can wheel the old fart in on a hand truck like Hannibal Lecter, and prop his ass up in front of the microphone. He'll perform again. :killer:

alexpgrimes
02-22-2004, 12:57 AM
I hope he fully recovers. That poor man has been through enough.

Wayne L.
02-23-2004, 11:43 AM
I think the next Ozzfest will be Ozzy's final tour after over 30 years in the music business along with with one more album of original material before he retires for good because he's looking sillier & sillier onstage with each tour especially after his first farewell tour back in 91/92 pretending he's still 25 years old.

rustoffa
02-23-2004, 12:24 PM
OH SHIT!!!! WAYNE-FUCKING-L !!!!!! Sup, Brougham???

Sarge
02-23-2004, 01:40 PM
I thought you meant.. perform sexually.. not vocal perfromance
:)