PDA

View Full Version : Motorhead covers Metallica

PHOENIX
02-19-2004, 04:03 PM
MOTORHEAD TO RECORD METALLICA COVER
Motorhead have assembled in Los Angeles to write/record their latest studio offering. The album is shaping up well and a June release date is anticipated.
The band is also scheduled to go into the studio this week with Bob Kulick to record a track for an upcoming Metallica tribute album. The band will be recording Whiplash for inclusion on the collection. As you might remember, Metallica recorded 4 Motorhead covers a few years ago for the Hero of the day single. Metallica also once played at Lemmys birthday all dressed up like him.
Source: imotorhead.com

Mr Badguy
02-20-2004, 08:48 AM
What`s the point?

Motorhead aren`t a metal band, they`re rock n roll like AC/DC.

That song will sound shit as Motorhead only ever sound good playing songs in their own inimitable style.

It will be like Kiss covering an Anthrax song.

(don`t get any ideas Mr Simmons)

Full Bug
02-20-2004, 09:38 AM
Who cares? Metallica has sucked for years now, sell outs.......

Mr Badguy
02-20-2004, 02:16 PM
Tribute albums are a shit idea anyway.

Why listen to some one do inferior versions of songs you like.

Fuck off and put the real deal on instead.

Panamark
02-20-2004, 08:23 PM
Motorhead are shite anyways.

Panamark
02-20-2004, 09:03 PM
Before I get flamed by Motorhead fans (are there any ?) I actually saw them play live at our local Blue Light Disco. For those unaware of what this is, in Oz the cops used to run these discos for under 18's, no alcohol, police supervised etc. The only gigs that parents were happy about you going to. The stupid thing was me and my mates used to get drunk before going in. There was probably more digital penetration going on with the young ladies there, than anywhere I had
ever been in my life. (And the whole time these chicks parents
thought they were safe ! hahaha)

Anyways,

Motorhead played, sounded like Motorhead. All the Kids pretty much
appreciated it, lots of cheering etc. But the thing that got me was
Lemmy, after the gig he totally mingled with everyone and was just about the nicest and coolest rock celeb Ive ever met. Lemmy is a legend ! I just dont like his music that much...

Shaun Ponsonby
11-08-2004, 12:12 PM
Motorhead are NOT shite. Lemmy IS a ledgend. How many people do you know whose blood is toxic because of all the shit they've done over the years. Motorhead were my first gig (supported by Anthrax) THEY WILL ALWAYS KICK ASS!!

Matt White
11-08-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
How many people do you know whose blood is toxic because of all the shit they've done over the years.

Shaun, you've answered my question on wether you've read WHITE LINE FEVER! I'd vote for you again if I could! GOOD WORK!

scottydabodi
11-09-2004, 12:50 AM
Motorhead are FUCKING AWESOME!! Them covering a Metallica song is the only way a Metallica song will sound good, those back-stabbing betrayers!!!

bueno bob
11-11-2004, 01:56 PM
Motorhead is a fucking MONSTER on stage. Saw them front row at my local venue opening for Black Sabbath back in '95 and I couldn't hear anything for a week afterwards...one of the loudest God damned experiences I've ever had...