PDA

View Full Version : Lucas: New 'Star Wars' not for youngsters

Rikk
03-10-2005, 03:58 PM
NEW YORK (AP) - George Lucas says the newest - and final instalment - of his Star Wars films may get a PG-13 rating.

"I don't think I would take a 5-or a 6-year-old to this. It's way too strong," Lucas says of "Star Wars Episode III - Revenge of the Sith" on CBS' 60 Minutes, to air Sunday (7 p.m. EST). "My feeling is that it will probably be a PG-13, so it will be the first Star Wars that's a PG-13."

Revenge of the Sith, the third prequel to the original Star Wars trilogy, will open May 19. The movie features Anakin Skywalker's transformation to Darth Vader, a descent based on Lucas' vision of hell, a mythical planet composed entirely of erupting volcanoes.

"We're going to watch him make a pact with the devil," says the director. "The film is more dark ... more emotional. It's much more of a tragedy."

Despite critical pans of Episodes I and II, Lucas says in the interview: "Actually, I am very happy. I'm very pleased with the whole thing."

http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/2005/03/01/e030174A.jpg

Nickdfresh
03-10-2005, 04:01 PM
"It's About Time!" ;) --That a STAR WARS film was not an embarrassing kiddie-fest. Is there anything gayer than Jar Jar binks?

Rikk
03-10-2005, 04:02 PM
I wanna see JAR JAR get destroyed with a light sabre in this one.

To me, EPISODES I and II are the 5150 and OU812 of the Star Wars series. Hopefully this summer's flick won't be the godawful FOR UNLAWFUL CARNAL KNOWLEDGE.

Figs
03-10-2005, 04:04 PM
I remember Lucas lameting about all the Jar Jar complaints and saying something to the effect of, "everybody wants these movies to be like Terminator; hey folks, these movies are for kids."

I'll see if I can find the quote. Anyway, this is cool news...

Bill Lumbergh
03-11-2005, 01:01 AM
Thanks for that GREAT fucking news Rikk. He's a bit late, but if this movie is truly CLASSIC I'll forgive Lucas for the last two debacles.

Rikk
03-11-2005, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Thanks for that GREAT fucking news Rikk. He's a bit late, but if this movie is truly CLASSIC I'll forgive Lucas for the last two debacles.

Me too!!!!;) I really hope this one is at least pretty good!!

But you know, we will NEVER like a STAR WARS movie as much as the first one or EMPIRE. (Me, I don't really think JEDI is all that great!)

Bill Lumbergh
03-11-2005, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Figs
I remember Lucas lameting about all the Jar Jar complaints and saying something to the effect of, "everybody wants these movies to be like Terminator; hey folks, these movies are for kids."

I'll see if I can find the quote. Anyway, this is cool news...

I dont really hate Jar Jar (like everyone else does). He wasnt a great character or anything. but he didnt annoy me. He's barely even in Episode 2. Now as for Hayden? I cant stand that fucker..........

Rikk
03-11-2005, 01:04 AM
I dont really hate Jar Jar (like everyone else does). He wasnt a great character or anything. but he didnt annoy me. He's barely even in Episode 2. Now as for Hayden? I cant stand that fucker..........

I know. Hayden playing Darth is like GUWAPO trying to be amusing.

"That OBI WAN...he's holding me back!!!":rolleyes:

Bill Lumbergh
03-11-2005, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Rikk
I know. Hayden playing Darth is like GUWAPO trying to be amusing.

"That OBI WAN...he's holding me back!!!":rolleyes:

I just heard in a nationwide poll Hayden and Guwapo were voted the two most uninteresting people in the world. That's fucked up, man! I thought Guwapo's "novels" in his pen days were fuckin' great. In fact let me go back and read a couple......let's see here......ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

Rikk
03-11-2005, 01:16 AM
I just heard in a nationwide poll Hayden and Guwapo were voted the two most uninteresting people in the world. That's fucked up, man! I thought Guwapo's "novels" in his pen days were fuckin' great. In fact let me go back and read a couple......let's see here......ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

LMFAO!!!!!!!:D

Remember when he used to post these 10-page bores in the PEN and would actually fucking YELL AT US if we put a post anywhere in between his 10 posts, breaking the "continuity", as he put it?

I swear, reading the ingredients on a milk carton is more interesting than GUWAPO on his best days.

MAX
03-11-2005, 01:23 AM
Wella, wella and fucking WELLA!!!!

MR. BILL!!!! :D

What, No HELLO for moi?

How is the family my dear friend?

Bill Lumbergh
03-11-2005, 01:25 AM
Dude, he used to pm me to tell me to STOP interrupting his drawn out bore fests! At least people were laughing at our stuff(except for you Lou, we all know you're above that sort of low rent humor........you fucking idiot)...........He also would tell me how you and I were trying to steal his "spotlight"! He thought he was pen Mvp or something...........Sorry Guwapo.......does the term bench warmer ring a bell? And no, that's NOT the same thing as knob polisher you sick, panhandling bastard!

Rikk
03-11-2005, 01:33 AM
Dude, he used to pm me to tell me to STOP interrupting his drawn out bore fests! At least people were laughing at our stuff(except for you Lou, we all know you're above that sort of low rent humor........you fucking idiot)...........He also would tell me how you and I were trying to steal his "spotlight"! He thought he was pen Mvp or something...........Sorry Guwapo.......does the term bench warmer ring a bell? And no, that's NOT the same thing as knob polisher you sick, panhandling bastard!

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!

You got those PMs too? He would freak out and say it was his "moment in the spotlight". LOL!!! He even PM'd me with a long speech when he quit the Pen. It was so sad. It was like, "Please GUWAPO...don't go!! We need you!!! BILL just isn't funny without you because he can't form a proper poo-poo joke without your back-up!!!!":p

Man, I've made some stupid decisions in my life. But asking GUWAPO to be part of the Pen was one of the dumbest.

I understand he pan-handles by City Hall in Toronto these days...in between his "Hawaii vacations".:rolleyes:

Bill Lumbergh
03-11-2005, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Wella, wella and fucking WELLA!!!!

MR. BILL!!!! :D

What, No HELLO for moi?

How is the family my dear friend?

Well lookee here! I told you never to show your face 'round these parts again..........wouldnt want to have to teach ya yet another lesson............;)

Rikk
03-11-2005, 01:39 AM
BILL and MAX together again...trading lossless FLAC WHAM boots.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00000261P.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Fags.

MAX
03-11-2005, 01:49 AM
Bill,

I just scored WHAM LIVE circa 1985 at some fag bar in Canada (I believe near Rikk's house?) Wanna copy? Tis a grat boot? LMAO!!!

Rikk
03-11-2005, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Bill,

I just scored WHAM LIVE circa 1985 at some fag bar in Canada (I believe near Rikk's house?) Wanna copy? Tis a grat boot? LMAO!!!

Weren't you one of George's groupies on the FAITH tour? I heard that you got your anal drip from his bass player that year.:(

MAX
03-11-2005, 01:59 AM
Weren't you one of George's groupies on the FAITH tour? I heard that you got your anal drip from his bass player that year.:(

I was the "ball boy." lol. Heck, I was only sixteen, cut me some sack?

BTW, I'd still lost my virginity TO A WOMAN by then. lol.

Rikk
03-11-2005, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by MAX
I was the "ball boy." lol. Heck, I was only sixteen, cut me some sack?

BTW, I'd still lost my virginity TO A WOMAN by then. lol.

I'm sorry to finally break this to you, MAXWELL, but this is NOT a woman:( ...

http://us.ent2.yimg.com/musicfinder.yahoo.com/images/yahoo/wireimage/boy_george/215026.jpg

Bill Lumbergh
03-11-2005, 02:37 AM
I'm sorry to finally break this to you, MAXWELL, but this is NOT a woman:( ...

http://us.ent2.yimg.com/musicfinder.yahoo.com/images/yahoo/wireimage/boy_george/215026.jpg

It isnt??!!!!! That fucker just told me he had an enlarged clit! Oh and Max, I just got the Wham re-union double boot set.......Can you say acoustic version of " Wake me up before you go go"?!

Warham
03-11-2005, 07:29 AM
After seeing the trailer a few times, I can assure all this movie will make the first trilogy end with a bang.

If you have doubts, go catch 'Robots' at a theater this weekend.

Or you could do what I did, and find it on the web.

Carmine
03-11-2005, 09:08 AM
I saw the trailer last night....Looks AWESOME!!

Vinnie Velvet
03-11-2005, 09:13 AM
Star Wars Episode III REVENGE OF THE SITH will not be your happy-happy-joy-joy Star Wars movie.

It will make you soil yourself uncontrolably.

Trust me.

If you thought Empire was intense, well, (cue Judas Priest), YOU'VE GOT ANOTHER THING COMING!

Carmine
03-11-2005, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet

If you thought Empire was intense, well, (cue Judas Priest), YOU'VE GOT ANOTHER THING COMING!

Ha!!

looks like its gonna be GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!

I'm Jacked for this one!!

Rikk
03-11-2005, 10:54 AM
One thing...I remember that the trailer for EPISODE II also blew me away. And the movie sucked more than EPISODE I. Trailers could make ISHTAR look good.

So, let's hope I'm wrong about that. I want a winner too. But Lucas could fuck anything up...

We'll see.

Carmine
03-11-2005, 10:57 AM
The story line alone...sets Episode III above the rest. I've been waiting to see Anakin turn into Vader since 1977!

Rikk
03-11-2005, 10:58 AM
Carmine, you are my buddy in every way! You know this.

But in 1977, we thought VADER killed ANAKIN.:D (Well, actually, I thought milk came from mommy.)

Vinnie Velvet
03-11-2005, 10:59 AM
I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Lucas did not fuck up Episode I and II (okay, maybe Jar Jar was ill-conceived) and will not do the same for Episode III.

III has too much going for it that it CAN NOT suck.

THIS is the Star Wars movie we've all been waiting for since Return of the Jedi.

Episode I and II served their purpose. They needed to be told in order for us to have Revenge of the Sith.

Lucas will indeed strike back with this one.

Rikk
03-11-2005, 11:00 AM
I found both EPISODES I and II filled with bad kiddy-like moments, bad acting and poor script-writing. They simply lacked the heart or wit of STAR WARS and EMPIRE. Frankly, I think JEDI is okay...but not nearly as good as the first two. I really hope SITH is a return to form.

Carmine
03-11-2005, 11:06 AM
Carmine, you are my buddy in every way! You know this.

But in 1977, we thought VADER killed ANAKIN.:D (Well, actually, I thought milk came from mommy.)

Thanks, but I was only 6 and could not grasp the entire concept of Star Wars. I was too busy hanging my stormtroopers on my moms clothsline and popping them off with my x-wing and Millenium Falcon! And I lost Luke and Vaders Light sabres the first time I frikkin played with them. Colored toothpicks made for suitable replacements.

You are correct Rikk, ummm,1983 then!! With some wicked intrigue created in 1981!

by 1981, hell I was 10 and on my way to Raguville!!

Rikk
03-11-2005, 11:08 AM
Young Ragu probably owned all the 10-year-old chicks in the neighborhood.;)

(BTW, check out PRINCESS SUPERSTAR in my sig.)

Carmine
03-11-2005, 11:13 AM
Young Ragu probably owned all the 10-year-old chicks in the neighborhood.;)

(BTW, check out PRINCESS SUPERSTAR in my sig.)

You are correct again! See, my dad had this tool shed and the girl from across the street, Maria was her name. One time we...

:D

Rikk
03-11-2005, 11:25 AM
Kinda young...

YOU LITTLE DEVIL!!!!:D ;)

You didn't tell me if you enjoy the PRINCESS SUPERSTAR pic in my signature. This is an amazing rap chick I just started listening to (sort of underground rap...and all she talks about 9% of the time is fucking!!).

academic punk
03-11-2005, 11:30 AM
I refuse to see any further Star Wars movies until George Lucas personally hands me my ten dollars back for Episode I with a written, formal apology.

Rikk
03-11-2005, 11:36 AM
Plus it didn't have a soundtrack nearly as entertaining as the Original Soundtrack to the Bette Midler classic, STELLA.

academic punk
03-11-2005, 11:38 AM
Plus it didn't have a soundtrack nearly as entertaining as the Original Soundtrack to the Bette Midler classic, STELLA.

hahahahhahha

But, Rikk, couod you tell me...

who IS bette midler?

Sarge's Little Helper
03-11-2005, 11:38 AM
hahahahhahha

But, Rikk, couod you tell me...

who IS bette midler?

Bette Midler is an actress/singer that bears an uncanny resemblance to Sammy Hagar. .. based on both being fat, old, red hair and both have FLOPPY, SLOPPY BREASTS. Bette was in a popular movie called Beaches and Sammy Hagar is just a plain Beatch.Thanks for your time..

academic punk
03-11-2005, 11:39 AM
I asked RIKK.

Rikk
03-11-2005, 11:40 AM
LMFAO!!!!!!!!

Just when you think SARGE'S LITTLE HELPER is asleep on the job, he jumps into a conversation about the soundtrack to fucking STELLA!!!!:)

DrMaddVibe
03-11-2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
"It's About Time!" ;) --That a STAR WARS film was not an embarrassing kiddie-fest. Is there anything gayer than Jar Jar binks?

Me don't thinky so.

In my opinion, Lucas shits where he eats. The 1st 3 installments were stellar films in every facet. Then he got lazy and gave us homognized version that was on an even keel with the "Star Trek" nameplate, hell even what the "Batman" movies had become!

I won't be in line to see this real soon. I will wait until the theater has about 6 people in in before I go to see this. THAT'S how disenfranchised I am about anything "Star Wars" or George Lucas anymore. At least Jackson(LOTR) had the fortitude to stay true to his craft and not try to cram in gimmickey dumbass characters to sell with Happy Meals!

I'm sure I'll see the movie, but I'm wary. The more a studio hypes a movie with advance commercials/ads/critic reviews before it's released...the bigger the dog it is!

That said, I saw the trailer and am hoping that what I saw aren't the high points to the film. I soooooo want to see a decent Star Wars flick on the big screen again.

bueno bob
03-11-2005, 12:40 PM
Having seen the majority of it, I can tell you all for certain that it doesn't suck. Like Lucas says, though, I wouldn't take a 5 year old to it (and probably won't be taking mine).

As far as Episode I and II were concerned, I really didn't have any problem with them and I found the stories interesting. Maybe the acting/dialog/script wasn't the absolute best it could be, but I don't really think there's ever been a Star Wars movie that's had outstanding character development or a concrete script with the dialog NOT sounding banal.

The truth of Star Wars is that it's a franchise about BLOWING SHIT UP - it's not a fuckin character study. That being said, Star Wars, Empire and Jedi all had the same problems that Episode I and II have been accused of having...rewatch them if you don't believe me - the acting is awful and the script is poor. In Jedi alone, you're hard pressed to find ANYONE acting in the whole movie with any sort of real conviction.

Jar Jar...Ewoks...Yoda...Star Wars was inching towards the kids arena ever since that little green bastard uttered "Away put your weapon! I mean you harm!", so Jar Jar's presence in these movies never really bothered me at all. He's in Episode III for about 5 seconds, and what happens to him is explained - he wasn't put into the new trilogy just to die at the end of it, so what becomes of him explains why he never would have shown up in the original trilogy with Luke, Han and the rest.

As far as Hayden's concerned, I've seen some of his other stuff, and he really is a pretty versatile actor - as is Natalie Portman - as is Ewan McGregor...etc etc...it's just that Star Wars, believe it or not, generally isn't the arena to be turning in Oscar worthy performances and exceptional dialog. I don't see why people can't seem to get that through their head, but so be it.

STAR WARS = BLOW SHIT UP. NOTHING ELSE. Anything in between as far as acting ability, dialog and plot twists? They're simply there to promote the next BLOW SHIT UP scene.

Peace ;)

Rikk
03-11-2005, 12:48 PM
How the fuck did you see most of it already???? Holy shit!

BTW, I saw Hayden in a film with Kevin Kline called THE ICE HOUSE. And he was amazing. So, I credit part of his shit performance in EPISODE II to the script and part to Lucas's directing.

DrMaddVibe
03-11-2005, 01:08 PM
Bob...

1st I'd like to state that I took it for granted that we were talking about Sci Fi movies (for the most part). With that out of the way, I can't think of a single fim thats in the same genre thats Oscar worthy in the acting department.

That's a given.

The other parts about blowing shit up I almost agree with you. Comapring Yoda to Jar-Jar? That's like comparing Obi-Wan with a cabaret musician. One holds purpose and the other is a forced abortion.

I firmly placed the blame on Lucas and not any of the actors in any of the movies. Samuel Jackson? Gimmie a break, do I have to mention "Pulp Fiction" to prove the guy can act? The same for Harrison Ford. I can go down the line.

I watch these types of movies to see stuff blow up and the space travel stuff. I want to see character development. If I didn't I wouldn't have the opinion I hold for Lucas right now! Lucas' scriptwriting is equal to a Wes Craven movie now. "My name's Joe"..."I'm the badguy, hi Joe!"..."oh no, don't kill me!"..."run kid run, I will be in your dreams"..."Just don't kill my girlfriend!"..."oh, there's more?"...that's bullshit and not where Sci-Fi needs to go. I expect action and expect to be wow'd with special effects. I don't want to bust out laughing at a floppy eared rastafarian sea monkey!

I hope that that clears some of the smoke. Now with that outta the way...how did you see most of this movie?

Bill Lumbergh
03-11-2005, 01:16 PM
Bob, the difference between the two trilogies so far is this..........Episode 1-2-boring, contrived, with unlikable characters. Episodes 4-6- The greatest thing since sliced bread(and push up bras).

Rikk
03-11-2005, 01:17 PM
Bob, the difference between the two trilogies so far is this..........Episode 1-2-boring, contrived, with unlikable characters. Episodes 4-6- The greatest thing since sliced bread(and push up bras).

Indeed.

Harrison Ford vs. .... wait a minute. Is there a "cool" character is Episodes I or II? Methinks not.

Carmine
03-11-2005, 01:20 PM
Kinda young...

YOU LITTLE DEVIL!!!!:D ;)

You didn't tell me if you enjoy the PRINCESS SUPERSTAR pic in my signature. This is an amazing rap chick I just started listening to (sort of underground rap...and all she talks about 9% of the time is fucking!!).

Oh yeah, sorry....I noticed her way earlier, are you kidding.....SMOKIN!

Bill Lumbergh
03-11-2005, 01:21 PM
Indeed.

Harrison Ford vs. .... wait a minute. Is there a "cool" character is Episodes I or II? Methinks not.

Come on, I thought Watto was brilliant! Right up there with classic movie characters such as The Gimp from Pulp Fiction.

Carmine
03-11-2005, 01:27 PM
Indeed.

I thought Qui Gon was pretty cool?

Bill Lumbergh
03-11-2005, 01:29 PM
What's up Carmine?! Long time no talk, eh?

Bill Lumbergh
03-11-2005, 01:32 PM
Come on, I thought Watto was brilliant! Right up there with classic movie characters such as The Gimp from Pulp Fiction.

Actually Darth Maul was kickass. Not a very deep character, but who gives a shit?! They killed him off too soon IMO.

Carmine
03-11-2005, 01:35 PM
What's up Carmine?! Long time no talk, eh?

Tsup Bill, where you been?

Bill Lumbergh
03-11-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
Tsup Bill, where you been?

My wife recently gave birth to our fourth child(third son), that's part of the reason I havent shown my great lookin' mug around here much. :D Good to be back with you guys, I missed it here!

Carmine
03-11-2005, 01:41 PM
My wife recently gave birth to our fourth child(third son), that's part of the reason I havent shown my great lookin' mug around here much. :D Good to be back with you guys, I missed it here!

WELL CONCRAD U PHUKKIN LATIONS BRO!!

I did not know that, whats his name??

Rikk
03-11-2005, 01:43 PM
I thought Qui Gon was pretty cool?

Qui Gon vs. Han Solo??

Do you have syphillus or something?:eek: ;)

Rikk
03-11-2005, 01:44 PM
Actually Darth Maul was kickass. Not a very deep character, but who gives a shit?! They killed him off too soon IMO.

Yeah, MAUL rocked. Figures Lucas would give him minimal screen time and kill him off!!:mad:

Bill Lumbergh
03-11-2005, 01:47 PM
WELL CONCRAD U PHUKKIN LATIONS BRO!!

I did not know that, whats his name??

Thomas(my first name) John Uriah Addison. At 9 lbs. 10 oz. by far our biggest new born. We also have Toby(7 next month), Nolan(3), Alyssa(2 in May). Talk about a full house!! It takes us about 3 hours to load the car up when we go out now :D.

Bill Lumbergh
03-11-2005, 01:49 PM
Yeah, MAUL rocked. Figures Lucas would give him minimal screen time and kill him off!!:mad:

No shit, huh? He was easily the most interesting aspect of Episode 1. I guess he took too much of "Annie's" screen time away.........

Carmine
03-11-2005, 01:56 PM
Thomas(my first name) John Uriah Addison. At 9 lbs. 10 oz. by far our biggest new born. We also have Toby(7 next month), Nolan(3), Alyssa(2 in May). Talk about a full house!! It takes us about 3 hours to load the car up when we go out now :D.

LMAO...I know the feeling!! Congrats again!!

Carmine
03-11-2005, 01:57 PM
Qui Gon vs. Han Solo??

Do you have syphillus or something?:eek: ;)

Is that what the sting is?

Rikk
03-11-2005, 01:57 PM
No shit, huh? He was easily the most interesting aspect of Episode 1. I guess he took too much of "Annie's" screen time away.........

You could make an argument that EPISODE I was technically a sequel to this film...

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000VCZKM.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Carmine
03-11-2005, 01:59 PM
You could make an argument that EPISODE I was technically a sequel to this film...

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000VCZKM.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Poonchab vs. Jar Jar!!

DrMaddVibe
03-11-2005, 02:01 PM
Congrats Bill!

Agree on Maul...damn he was bad ass!

Oh well, on to the next Darth.

ODShowtime
03-11-2005, 02:20 PM
this is GREAT news

Warham
03-11-2005, 03:27 PM
Star Wars is still the greatest collection of movies put on film, and with the last two, on hard drive.

Vinnie Velvet
03-11-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Having seen the majority of it, I can tell you all for certain that it doesn't suck. Like Lucas says, though, I wouldn't take a 5 year old to it (and probably won't be taking mine).

As far as Episode I and II were concerned, I really didn't have any problem with them and I found the stories interesting. Maybe the acting/dialog/script wasn't the absolute best it could be, but I don't really think there's ever been a Star Wars movie that's had outstanding character development or a concrete script with the dialog NOT sounding banal.

The truth of Star Wars is that it's a franchise about BLOWING SHIT UP - it's not a fuckin character study. That being said, Star Wars, Empire and Jedi all had the same problems that Episode I and II have been accused of having...rewatch them if you don't believe me - the acting is awful and the script is poor. In Jedi alone, you're hard pressed to find ANYONE acting in the whole movie with any sort of real conviction.

Jar Jar...Ewoks...Yoda...Star Wars was inching towards the kids arena ever since that little green bastard uttered "Away put your weapon! I mean you harm!", so Jar Jar's presence in these movies never really bothered me at all. He's in Episode III for about 5 seconds, and what happens to him is explained - he wasn't put into the new trilogy just to die at the end of it, so what becomes of him explains why he never would have shown up in the original trilogy with Luke, Han and the rest.

As far as Hayden's concerned, I've seen some of his other stuff, and he really is a pretty versatile actor - as is Natalie Portman - as is Ewan McGregor...etc etc...it's just that Star Wars, believe it or not, generally isn't the arena to be turning in Oscar worthy performances and exceptional dialog. I don't see why people can't seem to get that through their head, but so be it.

STAR WARS = BLOW SHIT UP. NOTHING ELSE. Anything in between as far as acting ability, dialog and plot twists? They're simply there to promote the next BLOW SHIT UP scene.

Peace ;)

Excellent response, Bob. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Its fans or people who 'grew up' watching the original trilogy that are basing the new ones on their experiences as a CHILD or a MINOR.

My nephew is 8 years old and loves Episode I and II and clearly has never set them a part from the OT. Because they both BLOW UP SHIT in the movies. So, what's the difference?

Sure, the original movies have a place in movie history because of their success and effect on popular culture.

But by no means were they theatrical masterpieces in the vein of Oscur material.

I still cringe at some of the dialogue in A New Hope. Remember Carrie's infamous "Governor Tarkin, I expected to find you on Vader's leash, I recognized your foul stench when I was brought on board."

Or how about Han's wasted 'techno' bumbo jumbo dialogue when they leave Mos Eisely. "Getting the coordinates from the nava computer." blah blah.

People who bash Episode I and II (not sure why people don't like II -- it was cool) are those who've got nothing better to do, who are stuck seeing 'Star Wars' under their 'six year old' eyes, and who seemingly CAN'T get laid.

Too bad for you.

EPISODE III WILL ROCK!!!

Now go and jerk off while screaming for 'Frodo' and 'Sam', the two faggots from Return of the King.

DrMaddVibe
03-11-2005, 03:44 PM
Vinnie, you've got SERIOUS issues.

Warham
03-11-2005, 03:45 PM
I'm fine with Episodes I and II. After all six are released, they will all blend in with each other fine.

twonabomber
03-11-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
At least Jackson(LOTR) had the fortitude to stay true to his craft and not try to cram in gimmickey dumbass characters to sell with Happy Meals!

true to his craft? more like he stayed true to the original works. if Jackson had written the original story, there probably would have been a kid friendly character. adding one would have pissed the fanboys (such as yourself) off.

Ep I and II had to happen the way they did. if it was just balls-out action from the first frame, you'd have reviewers crawling up Lucas' ass saying shit like "we never find out why Anakin is so angry" (in reference to his mother's death) and shit.

these six flicks are Lucas' vision, his story, not someone's interpretation of another guy's story. good for Lucas, making 'em exactly as he wants 'em. look how bad Star Trek has gotten since Roddenberry died...

twonabomber
03-11-2005, 04:02 PM
and i hated the LOTR books when i was a kid, and have no intention of watching the movies. ever.

Vinnie Velvet
03-11-2005, 04:30 PM
Vinnie, you've got SERIOUS issues.

Really?

Was that a compliment?

Vinnie Velvet
03-11-2005, 04:34 PM
It amazes me how regular Joe jack-offs think they can make a better Star Wars movie than the man who actually created it!

I wish it was pre-1999 again so some of you losers can put together the first Episode of Star Wars. Think its easy to to tell a backstory and have it come together?

Think again.

Just be happy that Lucas has created a world that we all love to escape to once in a while.

DrMaddVibe
03-11-2005, 04:56 PM
I didn't say I was a film critic or a producer. Sorry you took my opinions and personalized them. I'm an average guy that appreciates well made films.

Creating a backstory is nothing spectacular though. Look at the Planet of the Apes series or the Terminator films if you want to see how it's done...right.

All he did was figure out how to generate more revenue from a wildly successful first 3 films! The first 3 pushed computer graphics to the edge and beyond, his sound...well he owns it. The last installments...dull. Boba Fett is coming along nicely and Darth Maul was taken way to soon, and that was the most memorable events!

Now we have this one and from the looks of it there are people frothing at the mouth to pay homage to a director/producer that can do no wrong and has no equal.

Lighten up and stop trying to be some internet know-it-all tough guy.

Warham
03-11-2005, 05:05 PM
Darth Maul was a gimmick, nothing more. There was no character there. He was created by Lucas basically to be Obi-Wan's fodder.

twonabomber
03-11-2005, 05:36 PM

All he did was figure out how to generate more revenue from a wildly successful first 3 films!

that's funny, too. how many different packagings of the LOTR films have there been in the short time since the first one was released?

Warham
03-11-2005, 05:40 PM
Lucas is a genius, pure and simple.

I only wish I had come up with that mesh of mythology and cheesy B-movie magic before he did.

twonabomber
03-11-2005, 05:47 PM
that's the thing, Lucas didn't come up with all of it. the story follows a basic good vs. evil script, and it's sometimes predictable, but he made it entertaining.

Warham
03-11-2005, 05:48 PM
Yep, he took alot of it from Joseph Campbell.

Bill Lumbergh
03-11-2005, 06:39 PM
Excellent response, Bob. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Its fans or people who 'grew up' watching the original trilogy that are basing the new ones on their experiences as a CHILD or a MINOR.

My nephew is 8 years old and loves Episode I and II and clearly has never set them a part from the OT. Because they both BLOW UP SHIT in the movies. So, what's the difference?

Sure, the original movies have a place in movie history because of their success and effect on popular culture.

But by no means were they theatrical masterpieces in the vein of Oscur material.

I still cringe at some of the dialogue in A New Hope. Remember Carrie's infamous "Governor Tarkin, I expected to find you on Vader's leash, I recognized your foul stench when I was brought on board."

Or how about Han's wasted 'techno' bumbo jumbo dialogue when they leave Mos Eisely. "Getting the coordinates from the nava computer." blah blah.

People who bash Episode I and II (not sure why people don't like II -- it was cool) are those who've got nothing better to do, who are stuck seeing 'Star Wars' under their 'six year old' eyes, and who seemingly CAN'T get laid.

Too bad for you.

EPISODE III WILL ROCK!!!

Now go and jerk off while screaming for 'Frodo' and 'Sam', the two faggots from Return of the King.

Go fuck yourself. So no one is allowed to criticize anything?! IMO Episode 1 is overall pretty boring, and 2 is just a piece of garbage with a few good scenes sprinkled in. I'm VERY MUCH looking forward to Episode 3...........I guess by your rationale we should all love Van Hagar too, no matter what.........it's still Van Halen, right Mr. Velvet?!

Warham
03-11-2005, 06:45 PM
I think all the movies can be criticized. Remember, A New Hope was panned by critics 28 years ago. It wasn't until the 80s that they all had that epiphany that the movies were really great moviemaking.

I think alot of the youngins these days like Episodes I and II. Not sure how they'll like III, but there's something to love in all the movies.

DrMaddVibe
03-11-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by twonabomber
that's the thing, Lucas didn't come up with all of it. the story follows a basic good vs. evil script, and it's sometimes predictable, but he made it entertaining.

Watch this...may the force be with you!

http://www.criterionco.com/asp/release.asp?id=2

bueno bob
03-12-2005, 01:41 AM
It's really OK, I don't mind all that much if people aren't caring for the prequels.

Reason being?

LESS PEOPLE IN THE MOTHER FUCKIN' LINE WHEN I GO SEE IT!!!!

;)

bueno bob
03-12-2005, 01:56 AM
Now if I remember correctly, "Star Wars" (before it was retitled "A New Hope" and all that) back in 1977 was panned almost universally by critics, but the audiences ate the shit up anyway. I believe "Empire" got so/so reviews, some great, others fucking atrocious..."Jedi" was pretty much universally heralded as a dud - this is what I remember from reading the reviews back in the day, so Lucas really isn't any stranger to people hating his work.

I, on a personal note, have just always connected to Star Wars, good, bad and ugly...hence the Vader avatar...there's just something about the story, the humor, the danger, the action, the music, the force, how the whole thing connects together that has just always hit me on a deeper level and excited me like nothing else - call it youthfulness or whatever, but classic Van Halen does much the same thing to me and they both take me to a place that I otherwise just couldn't find.

Does it mean I'm obsessive? No. Not on either case, Star Wars or Van Halen. But when the opportunity to indulge presents itself, it's always magic, and I'm glad that there's such a wonderful body of work on both counts that I can lose myself in. I understand that a lot of people are disappointed with the direction of Ep I & II, and that's too bad, I think - I wish everybody could enjoy it all in the same sense I do. And I think, to a degree, that Vinnie's on the money with a lot of people not enjoying it because, well, they're not 12 years old anymore and expect a bit more of an "adult" storyline. This is where I believe Ep III will succeed for them and probably even exceed their expectations - this is it, folks. This is everything you've been waiting for ever since Vader said "I am your father!". Ep I & II, even if they were a letdown for you, were necessary in order to build everything up, and everything's going to mesh into one neat, perfect fit for Anakin's transformation to Vader - ALL OF IT over Ep I & II finally culminates in one great moment and the weight of all the pressure on one young man finally breaks his back...it's about that simple. And it's something I can TOTALLY identify with, and I think, when it's on the screen for perusal, a lot of other people who didn't enjoy I & II will understand and look at those movies in a bit of a new light.

This being said, I have ZERO doubts that some people are going to come away from it with a sense of loss, and some people are going to think that the whole prequel thing has been a waste of time, Revenge of the Sith included - but I think they'll be few and far between. This is the total closure of the Star Wars movie universe, and finally the "circle is now complete" :D

I think one of the neatest things about the whole thing is this - I grew up with Luke Skywalker as my fucking IDOL...Star Wars, ALL OF IT, revolved around him (and I'm sure many of you felt the same way). However, now that I'm older and life has kicked my fuckin' ass a few times, regardless of the effort I've put into it, I can see now that ALL of the Star Wars movies, in retrospect, are about Vader. One man's rise, one man's fall, one man's redemption. His was the hand that shook the universe, not just once but many times (the Jedi Order finding him, his saving the day at the battle of Naboo, creating his children, hunting the Jedi to virtual extinction, subjegating most of the free planets in the galaxy to the rule of the Empire, killing Palpatine and ending his death grip on the galaxy...the list goes on). I find myself, now that I'm older, identifying MORE with Vader and what he was and what drove him to do everything that he did, good and bad, then I ever did with Luke and his one way street of "Be Good And Save Everything".

Strange how it works.

Anyway, blah blah blah, I know...

johnbass73
03-12-2005, 10:54 PM
I saw the trailer. Yeah, it looks REALLY dark and depressing. In other words, KICK ASS! Should be able to see it here:

http://www.canmag.com/viewwmv.php?clip=17

The Fonz
03-13-2005, 12:03 AM
Darth Vader visits Milwaukee..

Triumph
03-13-2005, 10:21 PM
Anyone care to take a guess at how Anakin ends up in a pit of red hot liquid magma?
It is a high point of the film but a very traumatic one for children to witness. it was horrifying just reading it in the sceenplay.

bueno bob
03-14-2005, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Triumph
Anyone care to take a guess at how Anakin ends up in a pit of red hot liquid magma?
It is a high point of the film but a very traumatic one for children to witness. it was horrifying just reading it in the sceenplay.

Wait til you see it on screen - TRUST ME.

Yeah, the kids are staying home for this one :)

Vinnie Velvet
03-14-2005, 09:44 AM
Go fuck yourself. So no one is allowed to criticize anything?! IMO Episode 1 is overall pretty boring, and 2 is just a piece of garbage with a few good scenes sprinkled in. I'm VERY MUCH looking forward to Episode 3...........I guess by your rationale we should all love Van Hagar too, no matter what.........it's still Van Halen, right Mr. Velvet?!

Well, what an intelligent response.

Guess I really got under your skin, eh Bill?

I didn't realize you were a critic.

Who cares what you think anyway.

Vinnie Velvet
03-14-2005, 09:48 AM
There was some new footage shown yesterday during Lucas' 60 minutes interview.

Most of it was from the new trailer.

But there were some new scenes of the duel, etc.

Bill Lumbergh
03-14-2005, 04:30 PM
Well, what an intelligent response.

Guess I really got under your skin, eh Bill?

I didn't realize you were a critic.

Who cares what you think anyway.

Kiss fan eh? All is cool you dumbass motherfucker......... ;)

bueno bob
03-14-2005, 04:32 PM
Don't worry about Bill, he's talking out of his ass. He e-mailed me pics of his personal "Kiss Kollection" and he's even got a copy of the Kiss Koffin out his backyard.

He was first in line the Tuesday Gene released "Asshole".

Well, here, read for yourself...

MAX
03-14-2005, 04:32 PM
VV is the "SHOWSTOPPA!!!"

Cheers bro!!!

:gulp:

bueno bob
03-14-2005, 04:34 PM
but seriously, Bob, if you ever tell ANYONE I told you this, I'll fucking kill you, but..Gene Simmons has just done it ALL musically. The man's a fucking genius, bro..I may trash it in public to save my rep, but "Crazy Nights" is without a doubt one of Gene's finest musical performances ever recorded...my favorite song is Reason to Live, and it's probably my favorite Kiss song EVER!

academic punk
03-14-2005, 04:35 PM

I, on a personal note, have just always connected to Star Wars, good, bad and ugly...hence the Vader avatar...

Oh. So why did RIKK tell me that that was a self-portrait?

;)

Bill Lumbergh
03-14-2005, 04:37 PM
Let me tell you little bitches something...........Gene Simmons is the most honest man on the planet........period! In fact, if had to rank my top five men I would BLOW Gene would be right up there AFTER Bib Fortuna, but before Nien Numb. Any questions?? Oh, and Hot in the Shade is the heaviest album in history.

bueno bob
03-14-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
Oh. So why did RIKK tell me that that was a self-portrait?

;)

Cuz you don't wanna see my ugly mug, honest :)

bueno bob
03-14-2005, 04:38 PM
I masterbate to pictures of Paul Stanley every night

Bill Lumbergh
03-14-2005, 04:39 PM
Gene's wig's make me hard.

academic punk
03-14-2005, 04:39 PM
Cuz you don't wanna see my ugly mug, honest :)

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

And nice find from Bill L. and his habits towards photos of paul stanley.

Bill, you so crazy!

bueno bob
03-14-2005, 04:41 PM
I want to buttfuck Peter Criss while he's in makeup and pretend he's a pretty little "Pussy"

;)

academic punk
03-14-2005, 04:42 PM
I once inexplicably woke up from a very intense dream about Ginger Spice where I was her race car driver career coach (don't ask, I don't know), as well as his lover. I coached her all the way to NASCAR championship (and I live in NYC???!?) and then began making sweet love right there in the car with everyone around us applauding.

Then I woke up.

And the really scary thing is that I always thought Sporty was the one I wanted most...

academic punk
03-14-2005, 04:42 PM
Including Dale Earnhardt's ghost.

Bill Lumbergh
03-14-2005, 04:43 PM
I hope and pray EVERY night that Ace Frehley will puke on me after a drunken binge.........then I'll give him some warm "liquid" of my own!

bueno bob
03-14-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
...her race car driver career coach (don't ask, I don't know), as well as (HER) lover...

There ya go, bro.

bueno bob
03-14-2005, 04:45 PM
I want to cover Paul and myself in baby oil, give him a slow, sensual back rub and work myself down to giving him a rimjob while he sings "Forever" to me.

Next? :)

Warham
03-14-2005, 05:19 PM
LMAO!

Warham
03-14-2005, 06:39 PM

academic punk
03-14-2005, 07:30 PM
There ya go, bro.

AAAAAHH!!!! HOLY FUCK!!! THAT'S A SCARY LITTLE TYPO!!!

Antman
03-14-2005, 09:30 PM

Yea, Sammy Hagar.

Warham
03-15-2005, 06:47 AM
:)

LookN4AMootBeat
03-15-2005, 07:35 AM
Ok I'm a little late on this thread but what the hell........

Notwithstanding the fact that epi 1 and 2 had too much action going on to get involved with portraying the opposite of "gay".......

let's just remind ourselves that in epi 1, a man got cut in half, and in epi 2 Anakin got his hand cut off. See? in the midst of all the action Lucas DID manage to do a few cool things. And then you can always watch both movies over again and imagine that all the robots are people.

Ok, now i'm going to set a rule for myself, if i'm this late on a thread I'll consider that my cutoff point.

Vinnie Velvet
03-15-2005, 09:38 AM
How did this turn into a KISS thread???

Thanks for the compliments Bill and Bueno.

Oh and STAR WARS RULZ!

I hope Jar Jar goes and rapes your ass!

Vinnie Velvet
03-15-2005, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Antman
Yea, Sammy Hagar.

:baaa:

Vinnie Velvet
03-15-2005, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by MAX
VV is the "SHOWSTOPPA!!!"

Cheers bro!!!

:gulp:

Thanks MAX.

Fuck all you dicks who don't like KISS and Star Wars.:D

Bill Lumbergh
03-15-2005, 12:34 PM
How did this turn into a KISS thread???

LMFAO!

MAX
04-18-2005, 07:36 PM
For all of you Star Wars yayhoos,

This is in May's Playboy so I scanned for you. The flick sounds pretty cool. :cool:

Chester
04-18-2005, 07:42 PM
I can directly attest that MAX really does subscribe to Playboy just for the articles.

Now, European periodicals like "Joe and His Goat", "Lawnmowers In Heat", and "Big FUCKIN' Goat Balls", that's another story...

bueno bob
04-18-2005, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by MAX
For all of you Star Wars yayhoos,

This is in May's Playboy so I scanned for you. The flick sounds pretty cool. :cool:

Nice find! Well, the reworked dialog should put an interesting spin on things...I expect (and almost demand) SOME cheese from my Star Wars lingo, but this should prove rather interesting. Hmm.

BTW, V V, love the Grievous avatar! ;)

MAX
04-18-2005, 11:38 PM
Thanks Bob,

It is funny about Playboy for the articles though. Fuck, I've had a subscription for over a dozen years and there is actually a lot of shit to read after I get certain pages to quit sticking together.

I'm not a Star Wars freak but I really did enjoy the DVD's and the changes they made. I'm honestly really looking forward to this one. I also heard that it's been confirmed a PG-13, is that true?

bueno bob
04-18-2005, 11:40 PM
Yeah, confirmed PG-13 due to the gratuitous amounts of beheadings, dismemberments and so forth.

bueno bob
04-18-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by MAX
It is funny about Playboy for the articles though. Fuck, I've had a subscription for over a dozen years and there is actually a lot of shit to read after I get certain pages to quit sticking together.

Interesting you should say that, actually - I've got an '87 Playboy issue with an interview with Dave in it. Had it in my collection for some time before I finally noticed it. Tried selling it on eBay a while back, but it didn't go, so it's been sitting around collecting dust here for a while now.

It's good reading! Right at the fever pitch of the Roth/VH feud...no punches pulled, as they say :)

MAX
04-18-2005, 11:43 PM
Cool Bob,

Fuck, I wish I had that '87 issue. The mag has killer interviews.

bueno bob
04-18-2005, 11:44 PM
You want it? I ain't gonna do nothing with it, anyway :)

bueno bob
04-18-2005, 11:57 PM
OK, got it in front of me - sorry, no scanner :(

Issue is August '87, Paulina Porizkova on the cover and the Roth bit is a 20 questions article, 3 pages.

If you want it, shoot me a PM and we'll chat :)

MAX
04-19-2005, 12:00 AM
You want it? I ain't gonna do nothing with it, anyway :)

Definitely bro. :)

If you send it to me I can scan it and put the interview up here. :cool:

VHdamaco
04-19-2005, 12:19 AM
bueno and all you star wars freaks out in the army land...

question for you, with the prequels, does it make you a little confused on how they are much more high tech it is in the past than it is in the future?

"future"
http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/desertskiff/img/movie_bg.jpg

"past"
http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/tfed_aat/img/movie_bg.jpg

you guys alright with that? or has the thought not crossed your minds

sorry if this is a repeat question, i can never find anything when i search for it...

bueno bob
04-19-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by VHdamaco
bueno and all you star wars freaks out in the army land...

question for you, with the prequels, does it make you a little confused on how they are much more high tech it is in the past than it is in the future?

you guys alright with that? or has the thought not crossed your minds

sorry if this is a repeat question, i can never find anything when i search for it...

It's a valid question, and one I take seriously.

Here's my take on it.

Back to the events prior to and leading up til Phantom Menace, when I think of the Star Wars universe, I consider it a pretty outstanding, pretty beautiful place; bright and shiny ships, outstanding, kick ass technology, so on and so forth.

Then I think of the Clone Wars, and more specifically, the resulting fallout (being, the rise of the Empire, the wholesale slaughter of the Jedi, and the crowning of Emperor Palpatine as supreme ruler of the galaxy).

The Trade Federation was in shambles, and basically any and all trade was under Imperial jurisdiction or left in the hands of smugglers (your Han Solo's and Lando Calrissian's). Open galactic traderoutes essentially ground to a halt, at least comparatively speaking to what they had been only 20 odd years prior.

The Clone Wars raged ALL across the galaxy and spared very little; there was a great amount of death and destruction everywhere and it spread like wildfire. Make no mistake, the Star Wars universe had seen a LOT of conflicts come and go in it's time, but it hadn't ever seen anything as mass-scale as the Clone Wars (with the possible exception of the Mandalorian conflict some 4000 years before hand - but the difference is that the Mandalorian conflict ended pretty quickly once the Jedi, particularly Revan, got involved and it was over within the span of maybe a year or two...recovery from that, considering Revan's fall to the darkside after the Mandalorian wars, was slow, but it DID eventually happen - I'm borrowing from the EU to prove my point here, but regardless...).

Moveover, during the Mandalorian conflict, the mass destruction wasn't nearly as wide spread; the Mandalorians would concentrate their efforts on the outer rim and attack en masse in centralized efforts, while the Separatist divisions with the support of the seemingly endless amount of droids from their armies could attack numerous planets, including core worlds, all at once and afford the spread, whereas the Mandalorians with their limited tribe-like armies couldn't.

Even after the Mandalorian wars, the galaxy was relatively slow to recover - regaining it's old semblance and putting the Jedi order back together to police it all took probably a hundred years before all of the damage was mostly erased - and that being without the galaxy actually facing a tyrant in complete control over it.

Enter the Episode I-III era; things appear beautiful and the technology is sweet looking, much better than the tech layout of Ep IV-VI. You insert a Clone Wars battle spanning, oh, three years or so...make the destruction WIDE, WIDE spread over the entire galaxy, and at the end, even with the Trade Federation and Separatist armies defeated, the galaxy has no chance to recover at all due to the increased presence of the Clone Army (now redubbed The Empire) and one Grand Chancellor Palpatine to oversee ALL of it.

Keeping in mind that we never saw the surface of Coruscant during the OT (Original Trilogy), it's not much of a stretch to believe that, during the twenty odd years that pass between Ep III and Ep IV, Palpatine directed an open channel of currancy and riches to flow directly to Coruscant and stop there; he'd named it his official seat of power, obviously, and had put the entire galactic senate under his thumb, shutting himself off from the general public and passing only orders and decrees that either served to exterminate Jedi, rebuild Coruscant, or add to his own wealth (and thus, finance his Empire). It took him about 20 years to completely disband the Senate and put local seat power into the hands of regional governers, but those governers were no doubt supportive of him to the utmost, otherwise they wouldn't have been there in the first place.

My point? It would have been a VERY simple process for him to stall any form of galactic rebuilding and restructuring after the Clone Wars and bleed all forms of revenue earmarked for such back to the Imperial Seat. EVERYONE would have suffered from this, and definately the Rebellion; with Bail Organa and Mon Mothma spearheading the whole movement and personally financing it, even Alderaan's resources would have been insufficient to actually provide them with good looking equipment; especially when you consider that Alderaan was a planet of artists and poets, anyway and didn't have much in the way of trade for even that medium. They would have been stretched almost paper thin just to find ships, weaponry and supplies that were functional alone from black marketers ballsy enough to actually try and supply them. There certainly wouldn't have been any emphasis at all on pretty ships - give us whatever crap you can find, so long as it works remotely well enough to do the job.

After 20 years of the Emperor bleeding the systems dry in order to finance secondly the Empire and firstly his own lavish tastes, I wouldn't expect the galaxy to look much better. This all leads to OB1's insinuation in the original Star Wars that the galaxy was once a much more beautiful place to see ("This is an elegant weapon (speaking about the lightsaber)...blah blah blah...a product of a more elegant/civilized time", or something to that nature).

As for anyone old enough to remember the time of the Old Republic prior to it's fall, it would have been no wonder the Empire was as hated as it was - they were being slowly suffocated under the thumb of the Emperor. If it wasn't that way, being lorded over by the Empire may not have been much different in effect that being lorded over by the Republic at all, had the Emperor not just let the galaxy rot and centralized all of the wealth on Coruscant itself. But of course, with any regime change, you get people talking about the "good old days"; still, it's more or less irrelevant - you can see the point I'm making here.

The Emperor was a tyrant and bled the entire galaxy dry for three reasons:

1. Greed;
2. Extermination of the Jedi;
3. Financing his continued regime.

Which, in a nutshell, explains why everything in Ep I-III looks so pretty and why everything in Ep IV-VI looks like shit by comparison. Also explaining why the Empire was so hated: people longed for the old days and wanted their galaxy back.

MAX
04-19-2005, 09:12 PM
Holy Moly Bob!!!

You are really into this stuff huh? Now I know who to ask when I have a question cos there are a lot of things that I don't get.

bueno bob
04-19-2005, 09:17 PM
Seriously, I researched ALL this bullshit when I was a kid, read everything in any way related to Star Wars I could get my hands on...I died off a LOT when they started doing the Expanded Universe stuff, mostly due to the fact that they can't seem to agree on a certain set of rules to draw the universe around - too many authors going in too many different directions. I haven't read any of the Yuhzon Vong bullshit and have no desire to, either...I knew things were off to a bad start when the first post Jedi novels hit and these Ysalimiri things were "immune" to the Force and lived inside of an invisible "anti-Force bubble" ( :confused: ); since then, it's only gotten worse... :rolleyes:

All I know about the Yuhzon Vong is that they hate anyone who uses the Force, are immune to it (what the fuck ever) and can smell Force usage and use it to track down and kill anyone who's adept with it because it goes against their religion or some shit...it's so fuckin' stupid I could puke...

But as far as Ep I - VI is concerned and some of the Old Republic history, I know a lot of that, so...fire away... :)

MAX
04-19-2005, 09:19 PM
But as far as Ep I - VI is concerned and some of the Old Republic history, I know a lot of that, so...fire away... :)

I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions when I see the next pic. :cool:

Chewbacca rules.

bueno bob
04-19-2005, 09:19 PM
Chewbacca!

What a wookie!!!

lol, great song :)

MAX
04-19-2005, 09:23 PM
There's a song about Chewbacca? It's funny but back in my links days the subject of Chewbacca came up and both myself and Goo (An andministrator over there) both said how cool it would be to have a wookie. lol. Then one of the Star Wars dudes (might have even been VV) jumped in and told us the entire history of wookies. It was hilarious. Then Goo started whining "Waaaaa but I WANNNNA wookie!!!!!" lol.

bueno bob
04-19-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by MAX
There's a song about Chewbacca? It's funny but back in my links days the subject of Chewbacca came up and both myself and Goo (An andministrator over there) both said how cool it would be to have a wookie. lol. Then one of the Star Wars dudes (might have even been VV) jumped in and told us the entire history of wookies. It was hilarious. Then Goo started whining "Waaaaa but I WANNNNA wookie!!!!!" lol.

Yeah, I'm not sure what it is, but I think it's a Jay & Silent Bob thing...I'm not sure...I downloaded it and the intro is a bit from some movie or something with two guys discussing which movie was better, Empire or Jedi...then the song begins and it's a basic power chord progression with the lyrics "CHEWBACCA! WHAT A WOOKIE! CHEWBACCA! CHEWIE!" over and over again with wookie howls in the backgroud...only about 2 minutes long or so, but it sounds like Jason Mewes and Kevin Smith are singing, so I don't know...at the end there's a soundbyte with Kevin Smith (???) garbling like Jabba the Hutt and Jason (???) doing a Han Solo bit - I have no idea what it really is.

I downloaded another cool one that's a parody of the Offspring's "Pretty Fly for a White Guy" retitled "Pretty Fly for a Jedi" that's a hoot. No clue who it is either, but it sounds like it was recorded in one of those Karaoke studios...

Pretty funny though!

VHdamaco
04-19-2005, 11:04 PM
thanks for the answer man...

bueno bob
04-19-2005, 11:34 PM
No worries :)

Warham
04-20-2005, 06:48 AM
Got my tickets for opening night the other day.

I'm a Star Wars GeekŪ

twonabomber
04-20-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by MAX
There's a song about Chewbacca?

ever seen "Park Wars"? they play part of it at the end.

Vinnie Velvet
04-20-2005, 03:08 PM
Nice find! Well, the reworked dialog should put an interesting spin on things...I expect (and almost demand) SOME cheese from my Star Wars lingo, but this should prove rather interesting. Hmm.

BTW, V V, love the Grievous avatar! ;)

Thanks Bueno!

From what I've seen (the TV spots, trailers, etc), Grievous is gonna be a kick ass villain in ROTS.

I think he'll beat Maul, Dooku and Jango as the best baddie of the prequels for sure.

Bill Lumbergh
04-20-2005, 03:10 PM
I bought my son a Grievous action figure, and he regularly has him beat the shit outta Vader. Blasphemy, I say!

twonabomber
04-20-2005, 03:24 PM
the one where the arms split is bad-ass.

i picked up the Target exclusive Grievous figure and glass set. i should have grabbed the other two while i was there.

bueno bob
04-20-2005, 03:26 PM
Thanks Bueno!

From what I've seen (the TV spots, trailers, etc), Grievous is gonna be a kick ass villain in ROTS.

I think he'll beat Maul, Dooku and Jango as the best baddie of the prequels for sure.

Agreed, he should be wicked. Did you see the Clone Wars cartoon where he debuted? He went through, what, 8 Jedi in the span of about 3 minutes and didn't break a sweat?

Can't wait to see him in action on the big screen, he looks absolutely wicked!!

Vinnie Velvet
04-21-2005, 09:26 AM
Agreed, he should be wicked. Did you see the Clone Wars cartoon where he debuted? He went through, what, 8 Jedi in the span of about 3 minutes and didn't break a sweat?

Can't wait to see him in action on the big screen, he looks absolutely wicked!!

Yeah, I saw his Clone Wars debut (on the new DVD).

He sounds really cool too.

But alas, Obi-Wan takes him out.

bueno bob
04-21-2005, 01:31 PM
Yeah, I saw his Clone Wars debut (on the new DVD).

He sounds really cool too.

But alas, Obi-Wan takes him out.

I think it would have been really cool if Palpatine set Vader against Grievous for the title of "2nd in Command", with Vader taking him out, myself, but...admittedly, if that had been the final battle of "Revenge of the Sith", it would have made the Skywalker vs. Kenobi battle seem somewhat anti-climatic.

bueno bob
04-21-2005, 01:33 PM
See the really neat thing is how well Vader will encompass ALL of the bad guys in the prequels, once Anakin transforms into him...he has Darth Maul's anger and aggression, Count Dooku's intelligence and cunning and Grievous' raw ability...coupled with the fact that Anakin can draw on a base skill of the Force that exceeds even Yoda himself (and probably Palpatine as well)...and Palpatine knew for certain that Vader was the best apprentice he'd ever possibly have on the line.

Bill Lumbergh
04-21-2005, 01:34 PM
In the book and comic adaptions I've read so far, it seems like Anakin beats the fuck outta Dooku in no time flat.........I was hoping for a decent battle, as Dooku was my fave character in "Clones".

bueno bob
04-21-2005, 01:36 PM
In the book and comic adaptions I've read so far, it seems like Anakin beats the fuck outta Dooku in no time flat.........I was hoping for a decent battle, as Dooku was my fave character in "Clones".

Won't happen, sorry; Christopher Lee's on screen time is very minimal, for whatever reason - but look at it this way, if somebody cleaved your arm off three years before hand and you get a chance to get back at him, wouldn't you make him suffer a little but still take him out pretty quickly? ;)

I would!

Warham
04-21-2005, 02:57 PM
See the really neat thing is how well Vader will encompass ALL of the bad guys in the prequels, once Anakin transforms into him...he has Darth Maul's anger and aggression, Count Dooku's intelligence and cunning and Grievous' raw ability...coupled with the fact that Anakin can draw on a base skill of the Force that exceeds even Yoda himself (and probably Palpatine as well)...and Palpatine knew for certain that Vader was the best apprentice he'd ever possibly have on the line.

Anakin could draw on the Force more than any other Jedi, but I'm not sure Darth Vader can. Since he's more machine than man, he doesn't have the same amount of midichlorians in his body, thus he loses some of those connections to the Force, to be able to channel it more.

That's how Luke was able to defeat him in ROTJ, in my opinion. With only three years of training under his belt, and basically no master to guide him every step of the way, he soundly defeated the former Skywalker.

bueno bob
04-21-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Anakin could draw on the Force more than any other Jedi, but I'm not sure Darth Vader can. Since he's more machine than man, he doesn't have the same amount of midichlorians in his body, thus he loses some of those connections to the Force, to be able to channel it more.

That's how Luke was able to defeat him in ROTJ, in my opinion. With only three years of training under his belt, and basically no master to guide him every step of the way, he soundly defeated the former Skywalker.

Don't underestimate my powers, Warham! :)

Warham
04-21-2005, 03:46 PM
I would never do that, my Lord.

bueno bob
04-21-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Warham
I would never do that, my Lord.

Good thing!

I think at the end of "Jedi", well, the impression that I got, anyway, was that Vader returned to being 'Anakin' right before he made the move against the Emperor, and it was all of his ability to be able to maintain holding the Emperor over his head and tossing him down the reactor shaft while being blasted with the lightning AND having his suits life support systems shutting down on him...no easy feat, for sure...

I think that was the whole "Balance the Force" prophecy fulfilled right there - the Force was dangerously close to becoming entirely fueled by the dark side only, and by saving Luke, Anakin allowed for Luke to train OTHER Jedi in the future (some of whom would no doubt fall to the dark side, others who wouldn't), and thus, the endless conflict is set up - the balance of good and dark perpetuated because Anakin interceded.

Had Sidious and Vader taken the day over Luke, anyone they might have endeavored to train wouldn't have had much luck in falling to the light side of the Force...much easier for a Jedi to fall then for a Sith to renege, so to speak.

Three Lock Rock
04-22-2005, 01:45 AM
Only faggots like you like Star Wars. Do yourself a favor and watch something thats actually intelligent for a change, maybe you'll learn something.

Warham
04-22-2005, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Three Lock Rock
Only faggots like me think Sammy Hagar is a rock god. Do yourself a favor and grab Standing Hampton and VOA out of the bargain bin at your local record store and listen to something thats actually good for a change, and maybe you'll become gay too.

Vinnie Velvet
04-22-2005, 09:55 AM
I'm a faggot that doesn't like Star Wars because I can't stand the site of Princess Leia in that slave outfit or even care for Natalie Portman. Because I like to take it up the ass!

Vinnie Velvet
04-22-2005, 10:00 AM
Now, back to our regular scheduled program.......

Our preceptions of Vader will undoubtedly change after seeing Revenge of the Sith.

Vader is still a powerful force user, but as Warham stated, he does lose some of that because of becoming a half cyborg.

Anakin, fully consumed by the dark side, as we wll see, will be MORE powerful than Vader in the suit.

He will be bad ass.

But as powerful as Anakin has become, he still remains second to Obi-Wan.

Because Obi-Wan eventually takes him out, is it safe to say that besides Yoda, Obi-Wan is the most powerful Jedi?

I'd think so.

heck, the guy even takes out Grievous.

But Obi wouldn't have stood a chance against the Emperor, that's why Yoda goes after him instead.

Rikk
04-22-2005, 10:09 AM
YODA goes after the Emperor in this one?? SHIT, VV!! That sounds amazing. Of course, don't tell me how Yoda survives! I want to find that out on a big screen next month!

Vinnie Velvet
04-22-2005, 10:47 AM
YODA goes after the Emperor in this one?? SHIT, VV!! That sounds amazing. Of course, don't tell me how Yoda survives! I want to find that out on a big screen next month!

oops, sorry Rikk. Didn't mean to spoil you there, bud.

But its not really so much a spoiler anymore since we see some of the fight in the trailers.

Yes, Yoda will go one on one with the Emperor.

There is a point in the film where Obi-Wan and Yoda decide to take out the Sith once and for all. That means, Obi goes off and trys to track down Anakin and Yoda pays the *new* Emperor a visit.;)

This movie will kick some serious ass all around.

Rikk
04-22-2005, 10:52 AM
No worries!! That sounds seriously awesome! I can't fucking wait to see that shit. I've enjoyed EPISODES I and II a little more than I used to. But I still hope it's better than those two.

Carmine
04-22-2005, 10:55 AM
oops, sorry Rikk. Didn't mean to spoil you there, bud.

But its not really so much a spoiler anymore since we see some of the fight in the trailers.

Yes, Yoda will go one on one with the Emperor.

There is a point in the film where Obi-Wan and Yoda decide to take out the Sith once and for all. That means, Obi goes off and trys to track down Anakin and Yoda pays the *new* Emperor a visit.;)

This movie will kick some serious ass all around.

This movie is gonna freakin Rock!! I'm jacked for this one....

Soul Reaper
04-22-2005, 01:06 PM
Only faggots like you like Star Wars. Do yourself a favor and watch something thats actually intelligent for a change, maybe you'll learn something.

Maybe you should listen to something intelligent for a change

Soul Reaper
04-22-2005, 01:07 PM
Only faggots like me hate Star Wars. I'm going to do myself and watch something thats actually full of gay porn for a change, maybe I'll learn something.

Nickdfresh
04-22-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper

You have a talent for post changing for such a young one! The force is with you my son...Maybe BUENO BOB needs to do a Chloro...(whatever) count in your blood.

Warham
04-22-2005, 03:22 PM
No worries!! That sounds seriously awesome! I can't fucking wait to see that shit. I've enjoyed EPISODES I and II a little more than I used to. But I still hope it's better than those two.

It's most definately better than the other two, and I like the other two a lot.

Soul Reaper
04-22-2005, 03:26 PM
I don't really like Episode II. Too much talking, not enough action.

bueno bob
04-23-2005, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
I don't really like Episode II. Too much talking, not enough action.

Last 30 minutes couldn't have been a letdown, though :)

bueno bob
04-23-2005, 05:20 PM
Now, back to our regular scheduled program.......

Our preceptions of Vader will undoubtedly change after seeing Revenge of the Sith.

Vader is still a powerful force user, but as Warham stated, he does lose some of that because of becoming a half cyborg.

Anakin, fully consumed by the dark side, as we wll see, will be MORE powerful than Vader in the suit.

He will be bad ass.

But as powerful as Anakin has become, he still remains second to Obi-Wan.

Because Obi-Wan eventually takes him out, is it safe to say that besides Yoda, Obi-Wan is the most powerful Jedi?

I'd think so.

heck, the guy even takes out Grievous.

But Obi wouldn't have stood a chance against the Emperor, that's why Yoda goes after him instead.

From the impression I've gotten, I kinda found OB1's victory over Anakin more or less an accidental thing rather than any greater skill...OB1 just happens to capitalize on a slip of Anakin's at the right possible moment...well, we'll see next month, I guess :)

Soul Reaper
04-24-2005, 07:03 AM
Last 30 minutes couldn't have been a letdown, though :)

yeah, the last 30 minutes we're cool

Seshmeister
04-24-2005, 08:32 AM

Yeah...ewoks