PDA

View Full Version : Halliburton Charges Millions To Deliver Thousands Of Dollars Worth Of Gas

blueturk
03-15-2005, 12:20 PM
You gotta say one thing for Uncle Dick's buddies - they sure as hell know how to turn a profit!

Posted on Tue, Mar. 15, 2005

Pentagon audit finds `illogical' charges

WASHINGTON - Pentagon auditors said Halliburton Corp. might have overcharged by more than $100 million on a contract to deliver fuel to Iraq in the early days of the war, according to a report released Monday. Among other items, the Pentagon's Defense Contract Audit Agency said Halliburton charged $27.5 million to deliver $82,100 worth of liquefied petroleum gas, calling it "illogical."

The report also faulted Halliburton as having misled auditors, poorly managing multimillion-dollar subcontracts, and failing to deliver key documents to justify the prices paid for fuel.

The Pentagon audit report, dated October 2004, is the most detailed yet to suggest that Halliburton might have overcharged the U.S. government on its $2.5 billion contract to supply fuel and protect Iraq's oil infrastructure. An earlier draft audit of the same contract turned up $61 million in questionable charges. -- LOS ANGELES TIMES

.com/mld/observer/news/11138097.htm (http://www.charlotte.com/mld/observer/news/11138097.htm)

Nitro Express
03-15-2005, 01:15 PM
I think Dick Cheney was seeing $$$$$$ instead of weapons of mass destruction. It's not his kids dying over there.

Nickdfresh
03-15-2005, 05:49 PM
I wonder how much a soldier's meal costs the taxpayers at on their messhalls? I hear that's quite a bit also.