PDA

View Full Version : DLR Supports The Iraq War

Warham
03-15-2005, 03:38 PM
Just wanted to let you all know that yesterday on his show, Dave was all for our military presence in the Mideast, and is all about opening up a can of whupass on anybody that gives us trouble. Straight from the Toastmaster General's mouth.

academic punk
03-15-2005, 03:40 PM
Yeah, that's 'cause he wants a strong, powerful ISRAEL.

FORD
03-15-2005, 03:44 PM
:(

Warham
03-15-2005, 03:44 PM
Dave basically said firepower, and lots of it, will cure most ills.

Sounds like a Republican to me.

kentuckyklira
03-15-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Dave basically said firepower, and lots of it, will cure most ills.

Sounds like a Republican to me. *Relief*

He was obviously talking about backstage parties!

academic punk
03-15-2005, 03:56 PM
As he said in the book, there are times to take up arms, and there are times to blow somebody else's off.

"In America, we say it with shotguns."

academic punk
03-15-2005, 03:58 PM
That being said, I don't think it would be necessarily prudent for anyone to shape their views on foreign policy or political stances by what the guy who designed laughing devils to piss Jack Daniels at and on his audience has to say.

vanzilla
03-15-2005, 04:06 PM
Point taken. I love Dave for the music and the attitude - not his politics. You don't see me buying any John Ashcroft albums do you? And that motherfucker can sing!

academic punk
03-15-2005, 04:08 PM
LEEEEEET THE EEEEEEEEAAAAAAGGGLLLLLEEEEE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAARRR!!!

LIIIKE SHEEEEE'S NEEEEEVER SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAREEEDD BEEEEEEFOOOOOOOORRRRREEEE!!!!!!!

LIKE A BROOOOONTOOOSAUURRRRUSS DINOOOOSAAAAUURRR!!!

IIIIIII'VVVEE GGGGOOOOOOOTTT AAAA CCAAANNNNKASOOOOORRRREE!!

LLLLLLEEEEEEEEETT THE EEEEEEEEEEAAAAAGGLLEE SOOOOOOOAAAARRRRR!!!!

DLR7884
03-15-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
That being said, I don't think it would be necessarily prudent for anyone to shape their views on foreign policy or political stances by what the guy who designed laughing devils to piss Jack Daniels at and on his audience has to say.

If people base their beliefs and political views on what a rock star, or movie star says, they should be taken out and shot.

DLR7884
I do agree with what Dave says about the war....on my own.

steve
03-15-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
If people base their beliefs and political views on what a rock star, or movie star says, they should be taken out and shot.

DLR7884

AGREED.
That said, you can't pigionhole Dave into being a "R-Word" based on 1 out of 100 views that define a political party.

We're also talking about a guy that chooses to own property in arguably the three most liberal areas of the country:
Manhatten, South Beach, and Pasadena, CA.

I mean, I think we should be in Afghanistan too. I think saving poor folks from bad dictators is a damn good idea as well. I just am repulsed that the Bush administration LIED to do it, and I emphatically question their motive$.

BigBadBrian
03-15-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by steve
AGREED.
That said, you can't pigionhole Dave into being a "R-Word" based on 1 out of 100 views that define a political party.

BULLSHIT!!!! It's done in this forum every damn day of the week! ;)

McCarrens
03-15-2005, 05:09 PM
I think it's amazing. There's all this talk by some that it shouldn't matter what Dave is politically, he's a performer not a politician.

Yet, I wonder which group would be crowing the loudest if Dave decided he was giving up music (and his EMT work) to become one of Howard Dean's lackies?

DrMaddVibe
03-15-2005, 05:19 PM
Roth on!

Roth in 2008!

Nickdfresh
03-15-2005, 05:26 PM
I agree with most of the comments in this thread, and this "Balances" the fact that Spammy Hagar is a card carrying Republican, though I have never heard his beliefs in regards to the War. (And probably never will unless he mentions it in a Mezro conducted interview.)

Ally_Kat
03-15-2005, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by steve

We're also talking about a guy that chooses to own property in arguably the three most liberal areas of the country:
Manhatten, South Beach, and Pasadena, CA.

What does that have anything to do about someone's political beliefs? Just because you live somewhere or buy property in an area mean you agree with the common political views.

Nitro Express
03-15-2005, 10:41 PM
Dave hates hippie dip Democrat thinking but he also hates the religiouse right. That makes Dave an Independant not a Republican. I hate the extreams of both sides as well. Fuck the environmentalists and the social program loving liberals and fuck the holier than thou, Republicans!

Cathedral
03-16-2005, 01:36 AM
Fact is, unless you are Jewish you cannot and will never understand his viewpoint on any of this.
His politics cannot be determined by what he said on the air.
His reasons differ as much as they do with each and every one of us here.
There are Democrats that support this war just as there are Republicans that support this war.

Bush and the tactics used to start this war are a completely different issue. love or hate the guy, and i don't choose either option, the troops are doing their jobs and i hope and pray that they all come home sooner than later in order that no more of them die.

Nickdfresh
03-16-2005, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Fact is, unless you are Jewish you cannot and will never understand his viewpoint on any of this.
His politics cannot be determined by what he said on the air.
His reasons differ as much as they do with each and every one of us here.
There are Democrats that support this war just as there are Republicans that support this war.

Bush and the tactics used to start this war are a completely different issue. love or hate the guy, and i don't choose either option, the troops are doing their jobs and i hope and pray that they all come home sooner than later in order that no more of them die.

Not all Jews are Israeli sycophants, that's a big asssumption you are making.

BigBadBrian
03-16-2005, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Yeah, fuck Israel, huh?

http://civilwarclipart.com/Clipartgallery/images/smileys/bulldozer3.gif

Nickdfresh
03-16-2005, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
[B]Yeah, fuck Israel, huh?

No I don't think we should "f@3k Israel." Although, there are a few I wouldn't mind, like Natalie Portman. What do you have against the Israelis? Or do you find the nation extremely attractive as a whole?

BigBadBrian
03-16-2005, 08:17 AM
No I don't think we should "f@3k Israel." Although, there are a few I wouldn't mind, like Natalie Portman. What do you have against the Israelis? Or do you find the nation extremely attractive as a whole?

It was a rhetorical question since I know we have several anti-semites, like FORD, on the board.

I've been to Israel several times and really like the country. Something must be in the water there as the women generally all have big tits. :gulp:

Warham
03-16-2005, 08:22 AM
Big boppers.

Nickdfresh
03-16-2005, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
It was a rhetorical question since I know we have several anti-semites, like FORD, on the board.

I've been to Israel several times and really like the country. Something must be in the water there as the women generally all have big tits. :gulp:

I really don't think Ford is an anti-semite. That's a bullshit card the Israeli-lobby plays in order to be able to avoid their responsibilty to reach an accord with the Palestinians, and to keep the bucks rolling in from America. Something I do not necessarily object too, however, we should not be fighting their wars for them, nor should we mindlessly underwrite any of their bullshit. The Israelis are not innocent in the Middle East either, something we forgot after the oil embargo in 73'. Up until then most of their weapons were either French/British, or leftovers from WWII.

I mean didn't the Israelis send planes to repeatedly strife the fuck out of one of our Naval Intelligence ships during the Yom Kippur War? and then claim their pilots claimed they never saw the huge American flag??

Warham
03-16-2005, 08:33 AM
That was just a little oversight on their part.

We forgive them.

Nickdfresh
03-16-2005, 08:41 AM
That was just a little oversight on their part.

We forgive them.

Really? Did I mention the part about them sending the fast attack boats to machinegun the life rafts?

Or how the Navy recalled American planes from a nearby carrier when they learned it was an Israeli attack (carried out in order to blind us and prevent the US from learning their intentions) to avoid a "confrontation?"

This is all from memory btw, feel free to research and find any errors on my part.

Warham
03-16-2005, 08:53 AM
FORD's an anti-semite.

He posts pictures of Hitler and the swastika constantly.

Cathedral
03-16-2005, 09:21 AM

That wasn't the point i was trying to make in the context of this thread.
I was merely pointing out that Dave's statement didn't display his political affiliation and we shouldn't jump to conclusions because of his support for the Iraqi war.

Let me also add that i have read a small part of how Dave feels about his race, and he does not consider himself a white man, because he isn't, he is a Jewish man, and i don't see him as an asskisser (sycophant) in any way.
He has been offended in more ways than most know, like when he gave an interview some time back and the first question out of the journalists mouth was, "So, Dave, You're a Jewish man?"
he has also been approached a time or two from 'activists' that tried to use him as a poster child.
According to him, the discrimination is very much alive and well and he does have very strong opinions on the Israeli/Palestinian issues.

Trying to please someone to gain advantage didn't save a single Jewish Man, Woman or Child in the holocaust.

Honestly, I'm not seeing your point in your reply to my post.
I don't see people by race, color or creed. I see all people as my brothers and sisters.

Cathedral
03-16-2005, 09:29 AM
FORD's an anti-semite.

I have to disagree with you, man. his agenda is not that of an Anti-Semite. Ford doesn't hate Jewish people, he hates everyone equally if they support his fictional BCE.

Ford is well versed in scripture and he knows the importance of Israel in the grand scale of things, although it's hard to tell at times.
His motives are much shallower than that of an anti-semite, his bias is political, not racial.

FORD
03-16-2005, 09:30 AM
FORD's an anti-semite.

Only in reference to Hitler's heir in fascism, the grandson of the man who funded him.

I am not anti-semitic. Likud and PNAC do not speak for the majority of Jews, just as the BCE does not speak for the majority of Americans.

A fascist is a fascist, and all fascists are equally appalling and a fascist murdering someone with a bulldozer is no different than a fascist throwing someone in the oven.

Warham
03-16-2005, 09:34 AM
I know...I like giving him grief about the Hitler pics.

He's well versed in scripture, but he only likes to believe in it piecemeal, not the whole thing.

kentuckyklira
03-16-2005, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Only in reference to Hitler's heir in fascism, the grandson of the man who funded him.

I am not anti-semitic. Likud and PNAC do not speak for the majority of Jews, just as the BCE does not speak for the majority of Americans.

A fascist is a fascist, and all fascists are equally appalling and a fascist murdering someone with a bulldozer is no different than a fascist throwing someone in the oven. Big round of applause!:baaa:

Cathedral
03-16-2005, 09:49 AM
I know...I like giving him grief about the Hitler pics.

He's well versed in scripture, but he only likes to believe in it piecemeal, not the whole thing.

Well, there is only so much credibility you can give to someone who takes on the persona of both Jesus Christ and Satan in the same thread.
Like i said before, I don't want to be anywhere near him on judgement day. That lightning bolt is going to be a huge one, and if you are too close to him you will definately get zapped, and zapped good.

I say that jokingly, but i actually fear for your soul, Ford.

PenguinsKID1986
03-16-2005, 10:04 AM
Everybody in the middle east wants to kill the Jews. All I can say is 6 Day War baby!. Now what am I saying FUCK the MUSLIMS (911)

Nickdfresh
03-16-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by PenguinsKID1986
Everybody in the middle east wants to kill the Jews. All I can say is 6 Day War baby!. Now what am I saying FUCK the MUSLIMS (911)

Not everyone wants to kill the jews and they've done a good job of taking care of themselves. And a lot less arabs would want them out if they reached a lasting peace accord with the Palestinians who have been pretty much fucked by everybody, including the arabs, the last 50 years. Not all muslims took part in 911 either, you seem top have the same mentality that spawned Kristalnacht!

FORD
03-16-2005, 10:27 AM
Yeah, this time around they'll call it Kristol-nacht, since Billy and his dad Irving are part of the PNAC fascist cabal.

Warham
03-16-2005, 10:35 AM
LMAO!

academic punk
03-16-2005, 10:40 AM
Shalom, motherfuckers.

Guitar Shark
03-16-2005, 11:33 AM
That avatar is hilarious, Warham. :D

BigBadBrian
03-16-2005, 11:46 AM
Not everyone wants to kill the jews and they've done a good job of taking care of themselves. And a lot less arabs would want them out if they reached a lasting peace accord with the Palestinians who have been pretty much fucked by everybody, including the arabs, the last 50 years.

People forget that last part, particularly alot of Arabs. The Palestinians were the "red-headed stepchildren" of the Middle East during the late 1940's and early 1950's. Nobody wanted them.

No offense to redheads. :)

Warham
03-16-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
That avatar is hilarious, Warham. :D

Thanks, Guitar.

It's my pleasure to share my profound talents. :D

PenguinsKID1986
03-16-2005, 01:07 PM
And all rednecks aren't in the Klan and all Germans weren't involved in the holocaust. This is bigger than us, you keep thinking there will be peace (Never Happen). I'll be on the wall keeping look out. And your right muslims don't just hate Jews they hate everybody else whos not muslim. If you don't believe like them you ain't shit. sorry

ODShowtime
03-16-2005, 05:06 PM
FORD's an anti-semite.

So? You're an anti-Clintite! (although I haven't seen any BC bashing from you today, I just really wanted to say anti-Clintite :D)

Big Train
03-16-2005, 08:59 PM
Ford,

Just a question. As DLR supports the defense of the Jewish people and the war in Iraq, is he then a "Likud Fascist" in your eyes?

Phil theStalker
03-16-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
Yeah, that's 'cause he wants a strong, powerful ISRAEL.
And he wants to die like John Lennon f4or it.

:spank:

Phil theStalker
03-16-2005, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Well, there is only so much credibility you can give to someone who takes on the persona of both Jesus Christ and Satan in the same thread.
Like i said before, I don't want to be anywhere near him on judgement day. That lightning bolt is going to be a huge one, and if you are too close to him you will definately get zapped, and zapped good.

I say that jokingly, but i actually fear for your soul, Ford.
FUCK GOD!

All powerful, and dear old god let's all of this go on and blames it all on mankind's free will.

Hey, who gave man this flawed free will to cause all of these tears through history? huh

A flawed god.

I've seen the sunrises, I've seen the beauty, and I've seen the bloodshed.

I hate god.

I can live with it.

Nitro Express
03-16-2005, 09:55 PM
Yeah, but eventually the shit majorly hits the fan and you have to choose a side. Look at the American Civil War. People had friends and family on the other side but they had to choose who they were loyal to and the person you are shooting at might be your own brother.

You either back Israel or you don't. Sure all this talk about not all Palistinians are suicide bombers or all Muslims are bad is true but not practical. The big question is who is you Muslim friends going to be loyal to when the casba starts rockin and where are you going to be.

War is black and white. Good people on both sides get killed. It's really like rival football teams. You might have a good friend at the rival school but when your team and his are on the field together, you want to clean their clock and rub in the win. Who are we fooling?

You are either for Israel or against it. Peace accords and diplomacy are nice bandaids but one side or the other needs to eventually clean the other's clock. If you believe in the Jewish messiah or Jesus Christ, then you already know who's going to win and what a fucking mess the road to the win will be.

Nickdfresh
03-16-2005, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
Ford,

Just a question. As DLR supports the defense of the Jewish people and the war in Iraq, is he then a "Likud Fascist" in your eyes?

Which Jewish people were we defending by dismantling the balance of power between a weakened Iraq and Iran?

Nickdfresh
03-16-2005, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Phil theStalker
FUCK GOD!

All powerful, and dear old god let's all of this go on and blames it all on mankind's free will.

Hey, who gave man this flawed free will to cause all of these tears through history? huh

A flawed god.

I hate god.

I can live with it.

Back in action with a vengence I see Phil!

UNCLAX72
03-16-2005, 10:17 PM
fuck yeah dave :p

BigBadBrian
03-17-2005, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Phil theStalker
FUCK GOD!

A flawed god.

I hate god.

I can live with it.

PhillyDilly™, you had better change your evil ways, and fast son.

Your headed SOUTH on a Hellbound Train.

PhillyDilly™ (Don't you like my new Nick Name for you?) there is still a little bit of time....but just a little. :D

TIME IS NOT RUNNING OUT. Not yet anyway. :)

Get with the PROGRAM son.

BBB Enterprises, Inc. All Rights Reserved. :gulp:

secrets
03-18-2005, 05:16 PM
I saw Roth on the ALAE tour, which was at the time of the Gulf War.

The first thing he said to the audience apart from 'I forgot the fucking words' was, and I quote:

'Fuck Saddam Hussein!' the crowd loved it.
He then started drinking some of the local cider (strong alcoholic drink made of apples)

'Hey let's send some of this shit over to Iraq. We'll start a whole new religion over there.'

Classic Rothism.

Someone tell Sarge he'll love it.

God Bless America.

Lou
03-18-2005, 06:32 PM
Just wanted to let you all know that yesterday on his show, Dave was all for our military presence in the Mideast, and is all about opening up a can of whupass on anybody that gives us trouble. Straight from the Toastmaster General's mouth.

This leaves me with only one thing to say to a lot of people in this forum:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nickdfresh
03-19-2005, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Lou
This leaves me with only one thing to say to a lot of people in this forum:

I'M AN IMATURE DOUCHEBAG THAT IS TOO MUCH OF A PUSSY TO ENLIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Love
03-19-2005, 01:16 AM
LOL...

Nitro Express
03-23-2005, 03:46 AM
I spent some time in Israel and yeah, some of the women there are increadable. I got to lick a nice pair of Israeli tits in Tel Aviv. Actually I did more than lick tits. What's funny is I tried and tried to get into Saudi Arabia to stay at a fabulouse resort they have there on the Red Sea and do some scuba diving. Got denied a Visa everytime. Oh well, I probably wouldn't have gotten laid in Saudi Arabia and alcohol is illegal.

ODShowtime
03-23-2005, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
I spent some time in Israel and yeah, some of the women there are increadable. I got to lick a nice pair of Israeli tits in Tel Aviv. Actually I did more than lick tits. What's funny is I tried and tried to get into Saudi Arabia to stay at a fabulouse resort they have there on the Red Sea and do some scuba diving. Got denied a Visa everytime. Oh well, I probably wouldn't have gotten laid in Saudi Arabia and alcohol is illegal.

yeah, SA isn't exactly a hot spot.