PDA

View Full Version : Blake~ NOT GUILTY

Fabulous Shadow
03-16-2005, 05:58 PM
Read it here... (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7211376/?GT1=6305)

LOS ANGELES - A jury acquitted tough-guy actor Robert Blake of murder Wednesday in the shooting death of his wife four years ago, a stunning verdict in a case that played out like pulp fiction.

The jury also acquitted Blake of one charge of trying to get someone to kill his wife, but deadlocked on a second solicitation charge.

The 71-year-old star of the 1970s detective drama “Baretta” dropped his head, trembled with emotion, and let out several deep breaths after the verdict was read.

The jury of seven men and five women delivered the verdicts on its ninth day of deliberations, following a trial with a cast a characters that included two Hollywood stuntmen who said Blake tried to get them to bump off his wife.

Blake had faced life in prison; prosecutors did not seek the death penalty.

Blake was charged with shooting 44-year-old Bonny Lee Bakley in their car outside the actor’s favorite Italian restaurant on May 4, 2001, less than six months after their marriage.

Prosecutors said Blake believed his wife trapped him into a loveless marriage by getting pregnant. They said Blake soon became smitten with the baby, Rosie, and desperately wanted to keep the child away from Bakley, whom he considered an unfit mother.

Bakley had been married several times, had a record for mail fraud and made a living scamming men out of money with nude pictures of herself and promises of sex.

“He was tricked by Bonny Lee and he hated her for it,” prosecutor Shellie Samuels said in closing arguments. “He got taken by a small-time grifter.”

The defense called it a weak case built largely on the testimony of two witnesses who were once heavy drug users.

No eyewitnesses, blood or DNA evidence linked Blake to the crime. The murder weapon, found in a trash bin, could not be traced to Blake, and witnesses said the minuscule amounts of gunshot residue found on Blake’s hands could have come from a different gun he said he carried for protection.

The four-month trial was part of a wave of celebrity court cases in California that have provided endless fodder for the tabloids and cable networks. The Michael Jackson child molestation trial was starting just as the Blake case was wrapping up, and rock ’n’ roll producer Phil Spector will stand trial later this year in Los Angeles for allegedly murdering a B-movie actress.

Mezro
03-16-2005, 06:10 PM
Mezro...fly..be free Robert...

Fabulous Shadow
03-16-2005, 06:11 PM
I think he did it or was, at the least, involved...

Mezro
03-16-2005, 06:27 PM
Mezro...we are all guilty of something...

Rikk
03-16-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Mezro

I'm guilty of leaving last night's leftovers out before going to bed.

Fabulous Shadow
03-16-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Mezro

It is never MY fault! :p

Sarge
03-16-2005, 06:50 PM
I knew Baretta didn't do that shit!

Fabulous Shadow
03-16-2005, 06:55 PM
Was Baretta the one with the bird or was that Columbo?

ALinChainz
03-16-2005, 06:55 PM
"Don't do the crime if you can't do the time."

:D

Fabulous Shadow
03-16-2005, 07:03 PM
Blake lucked out! You k now he was involved!

Mezro
03-16-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow

Baretta had the bird.

Mezro...Columbo had the wrinkled hog...

CROWBAR
03-16-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow

What, my dear? ;)

I can explain how this was done......

WACF
03-16-2005, 07:46 PM
WOW...from the stuff I read it sounded like he was guilty as hell.

Viking
03-16-2005, 07:47 PM
You know, that bitch was a blue-ribbon loon. I have no idea why Blake married her. (Of course, a lot of people said that to me after my first divorce.) But, that bitch was bad news - regardless of whether he did it or not, I just chalk it up to an act of positive social engineering. :elvis:

GAR
03-16-2005, 07:48 PM
I think it was petty cruelty on part of the judge to deny the man bail for so long.

Whether or not Blake was connected, that judge is FUCKED!

BenJammin
03-16-2005, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Viking
You know, that bitch was a blue-ribbon loon. I have no idea why Blake married her. (Of course, a lot of people said that to me after my first divorce.) But, that bitch was bad news - regardless of whether he did it or not, I just chalk it up to an act of positive social engineering. :elvis:

Yeah,
She was described as a grifter (con artist). Just using people her whole life and finally latched on to someone with a little fame and fortune(?). Yes, she probably got what she deserved and even if Blake did it, I wouldn't want to see him spending the rest of his retired life in jail over someone like her. Just a bit of what I call kharmic justice.

Gmoney
03-16-2005, 09:21 PM
Blake was guilty,but his ole lady was a bitch, so good riddance!!

DlocRoth
03-17-2005, 11:08 AM
Prove it.

WACF
03-17-2005, 11:14 AM
She was most definitely taking up space on earth...awful person.

Who did it then?

Blake hire someone?

bueno bob
03-18-2005, 05:54 PM
Surprising verdict, considering a fuckin' 2 year old could have figured out he was guilty. I don't know how much more obvious it could have been.

No accounting for brains, I suppose.

The Fonz
03-18-2005, 07:16 PM
O.J. did it.

Antman
03-18-2005, 10:10 PM
Not guilty? Gimme a fuckin break. That's why this country's judicial system is seriously fucked. You pick a jury of 12 people who are supposed to be impartial. They can't watch TV read the news etc. You basically have 12 sheltered people listening to two sides slinging shit at one another. One juror even said they didn't find him innocent, they found him not guilty. Flimsy eveidence they said. The two stuntmen that Blake allegedly wanted to hire to kill his trailer whore weren't believable because they had drug problems. What kind of person do you seek out to put a hit on your wife? Your local priest? Mr. Fuckin Rogers? Show me one upstanding citizen who will carry out the deed. He fucking killed her. He was even stupid enough to go back to the restaurant to look for his gun. It's been four years and not a single clue or piece of evidence to link anyone else to the crime. Just like OJ. The DNA of Ron Goldman, a man OJ never met (before he killed him) was found in OJs car. OJ's DNA was found at the scene. The odds of it being anyone else's was 50 trillion to one. Yet the fuckin jury found him not guilty. It's a fucking joke that's not even funny. Someone should put those two away and get to fuckin walk too.